Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whew. Glad the Present RUSH is over. I'm going to get back to this project after the new year kicks in. My goal for '06 is to finish this puppy!:hook

I'm with you , :lol I will be starting this again :D

O.k. Once I finish my current WIP (my first Graph Ghan for my DD) I'll be starting this. Just so we're all clear, this scares the heck out of me! :eek I'm wondering what yarns people are using (brand and color) as I havent' picked out my yarn yet.

I have no idea who this person is selling, but I just happened to run across this. I thought I remembered that some of you were still looking for this very hard to find pattern. Below is the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANNIES-AWARD-WINNING-AFGHAN-crochet-pattern-patterns_W0QQitemZ8248835295QQcategoryZ11797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck,

Di :)

I pulled mine out again and got back to it. It is really a lot of fun to do.

I just finished making the half circles on each of the second heptagons, and now I am doing the black around. It is really not as intimidating as you think, for those of you thinking about starting. I have thoroughly enjoyed making it...it just got put on the back burner for a while.:hook

Hi one of you posted about TLC Essentials. I'm not in this CAL but I am in the Scripture Afghan CAL and I am using TLC Essentials. I would compare it to Caron's Simply Soft (of is it called So Soft ?) Very soft and light weight like Caron's. In comparision RedHeart SuperSaver feels thicker and rougher. Hope that helps.

I'm using TLC Essentials and even though the solid yarn is a little thicker than the variegated, it's turning out nicely. I'm going to try to get some pictures made today.

I'm a little bit past the second row of bobbles. Man this thing is huge.

I've heard that the pattern is going to be republished next year. Yahoo!!!

Washing machine is calling. be back later with pics.. I hope.

I've heard that the pattern is going to be republished next year. Yahoo!!!

Oh, I hope what you heard is right. :hook No way I'm paying the amount that ebay has been catching for this pattern, no matter how beautiful it is.

BOY...this is a hard pattern to find,as soon as i can find it i would like to join in on this CAL,it is so pretty and what a challage.

How is everyone doing on theres??

hey sister Thanks for enviting me to join this site! and you should have called me I have this pattern:devil and I really am looking forward to joining in on this cal !! hope it isn't to late!

I know what colors I want to use and am off to Wal-Mart to see if I can find them:think

I will post as soon as I get the colors together and get started on this!

This is going to be a GREAT CHALLENGE!!! Can't wait to start!

hugs,

sissie

WHOAAAA! Hold it there! Lisa, where did you hear that lovely rumor? I really want this pattern, in fact it is one of the ones I stumbled over when I first started crocheting that really caught my eye. I'm thrilled that they are gonna reprint! Did you get this tidbit from an inside source <007 music in background>?

Doin' the happy dance....

:cheer:cheer:cheer

WHOAAAA! Hold it there! Lisa, where did you hear that lovely rumor? I really want this pattern, in fact it is one of the ones I stumbled over when I first started crocheting that really caught my eye. I'm thrilled that they are gonna reprint! Did you get this tidbit from an inside source <007 music in background>?

Doin' the happy dance....

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I belong to a group on yahoo called "MenWhoCrochet" (no physicals required to join ..:lol) and this afghan has also been discussed there. One of the groups members got a letter from Annie's (dated Nov. 21) that they would be republishing the leaflet. Unfortunately, they said it would take at least a year.

So maybe it will be under several christmas trees next christmas?? Hope so anyway!!

here's how far I've gotten. Now that it's larger.. it takes forever to get all the way around. :) It's roughly 5 feet across. I'm still not real thrilled with my color choices.. but it's "ok" for a first time.

CathedralCAL.jpg

Lisa, your colors are absolutely beautiful- and I ain't just sayin' that!

That is such great news about the pattern. If they are smart they'll put it together in a big book of 'best of' patterns... it'll sell!

Making my Christmas list out right now....

That is so pretty Lisa,love the colors,cant wait to start on mine,just have to decide what colors to go with,i think im going to go with colors like Cheryls,it would match my room better.

Sissie did you get your yarn yet??

Hows every one else doing??

That is so pretty Lisa,love the colors,cant wait to start on mine,just have to decide what colors to go with,i think im going to go with colors like Cheryls,it would match my room better.

Sissie did you get your yarn yet??

Hows every one else doing??

Can someone link me to Cheryls? I'd like to see her color choices. Sooo many posts about this CAL and I'm on dialup, it takes me forever to dig through all these posts.

And I dont wanna get in trouble for surfing crochet TOO much at work. :D

I made the afghan to donate to an auction benefitting the athletics programs at the college where I work. I started on August 6 and finished this morning (so, just about 5 weeks)! The auction is TOMORROW! Whew! A photo of the afghan is on my blog here:

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts/archives/2005/09/11/cathedral_rose_window_afghan_painted_desert_claret_black_buff.php

-Cheryl

Here you go,this is it,isnt it pretty.

I love those colors too! I do have the pattern and after I finish Lace and Bobbles, I'm going to start this one. Not sure of my color choices yet though...:hook

Lisa that really pretty colors!!

sister I am off to wal-mart in the morning right after curves to pick out my yard!!!

I have an Idea as to what colors I want just hope I can find them!!

not sure who asked what we will be doing with our afghan after we are done sorry:( as for me it will become a wall hanging over my king size bed.

Hope by this time tomorrow night i will be able to report a start to this CAL!! :))

hugs,

sissie

Archived