Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

good morning everyone,

ok I have my colors I think! :lol I am useing Red Heart super saver color number 0776-Dark Orchid, super saver multicolor number 0959- Gemstone, and super saver color number 4313-Aran Fleck. i only picked up one skin of each to see if I am really going to like these colors together! we will see!!

Hope I have time this evening to start on it!

how is everyone else coming along?

Have a great crocheting day!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious...what will everyone be doing with their afghans once completed?

Well...mine was supposed to be a 75th birthday present for my mom...last September :blush . But life has been hectic all fall....now that is has calmed down a little, I am back at it. I love doing it...but it sure does take a long time to go all the way around now, lol. The nice part is that it is easier to memorize the stitches when you have so much to do. It is a little more difficult working on the black part in the evening, lol.

good morning everyone,

ok I have my colors I think! :lol

Got my colors to and have allready started,will post photos later to show what ive done so far.Its going pretty easy,im watching my count closely.

Get with it sis or i wil be way ahead :hug.

Have a great day everyone!!!

evening everyone,

Just wanted to see how everyone is coming along on this CAL. I have started mine and then got to where you use two strands! how are you doing it with one or two? I think I am going to go with the two so that it might give it the 3D look. what do you think?

Have a great weekend

Ok. I broke down and committed to the color yarn I wanted to use. Bought it today.... so I guess that means, I'm officially in on this.:cheer However, I have to finish my graph ghan first.... so it will be a few more weeks till I start. I'm very excited though!!

I am so ready to try to crochet this Afghan. I can't stop dreaming of it. Can anyone guide me to how I can find this pattern. I have been searching for a month. Thanks.

alphabetalamdak@comcast.net

I found mine on Ebay. I got it pretty cheap too considering what people had/have been paying for it there. I got it on a Buy it now option.

Good luck as it's out of print. But, someone said it's going to be getting re-printed, but didn't know when.

Sissie - I LOVE :manyheart the colors in your center. Which color is that? I'm sure your afghan will be gorgeous. I signed up for this CAL ages ago, but I also signed up for a swap, then the holidays hit. Now I've signed up for a couple other CALs. :blush I'm going to have to list them like you have, but I'm afraid the list will be too long to fit. Anyway, I'm glad to see the CAL is active again and I hope to join you all soon!

Sissie, that is beautiful! I am trying to get the pattern on ebay now, wish me luck, and yes it is going to be expensive, but worth it if I win it. I looked for a "buy it now" option but there were none when I looked. I am going to keep looking and I hope it does come out in print from Annie's again....that would be great! As soon as I get a pattern I will be joining you all.....I just need to decide what colors...decisions, decisions....oh my!

Theresa

I'm jumping ship from another CAL because I finally won this pattern off of ebay and I can't wait to start it! I have read through all 39 pages of this thread and have loved every minute of it! I've gotten lots of ideas and I especially enjoyed seeing everyones progress or finished work. Kudos to those of you who finsihed!

I have the same problem as some of you, it can't be just any yarn that I use. This is a special project for mom and dad. They have done so much for me all of my life that I don't care how much it costs...acryllic is not going to be a part of this ghan. The problem is I can't find colors that I feel will work good together.

I was thinking of following in the footsteps of Woven N Spun and using lace weight yarn for this project but I see she ended up doubling it. I'm not sure what to do. I'm yarn ignorant and I've never worked with lace weight yarn. I have worked with thread though and no problem there so I feel like I should be able to do this.

The reason I'm thinking of working with lace weight yarn is because my mom and dad already have a huge down comforter on their bed. In addition, my mom is a quilter and she has several quilts to choose from for their bed. I want to make this ghan for them because of their love of stained glass windows. Since it is so huge, I was thinking that lace weight might be just perfect for them to keep this ghan on their couch.

After hours of scouring the internet, this is what I have come up with:

http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420128

I want to do this ghan is blues, but mom wants mauves/pinks/purples so I was thinking Sunrise for the light and Sweet Peas for the dark. As for the black and white, I haven't decided yet.

If anyone can give me pointers, words of wisdom, anything like that, I would really appreciate it! Like I said, I'm yarn ignorant and I'm learning as I go.

Thanks so much!

I love that yarn Gina,the only thing i see is that the Sunrise and sweet pea is so close to being the same colors that you might not get the contrast you need.But then again im not to good at seeing things till its done,lol.I love the weight thow and there color choices.I dont know when i stare at it..it looks good tho.Im sure whatever color you pick will look great.

This is a really fun one to do and im hoping to make another one after the one im doing now,but with a lighter yarn allso.I love the trail color.

Looking good sister,cant wait to see the center together,love the color so far.

Will post the latest photos of mine later tonight.

I am officially dragging this 'ghan out of the closet and not stopping until I finish it... after I finish up the comfortghan I'm putting together..:)

That one I think it was Lisa or Lynn's pic was beautiful. I am about in the same place finishing up mine. I'm dreading those massive heptagons tho:blush

Gina that yarn is gorgeous! Since your Mom wants pinks, mauves, purples, how about light pink or white for the white and then for the black maybe something very dark like eggplant (dark purple)? I don't know...I think I would have to see all the colors together first and go from there, but I'm sure whatever you decide is going to be beautiful!

Good Luck...can't wait to go shopping for my yarn and get started!

Theresa

Gina I love purples so I think they look great together:cheer but like you i am no judge at putting colors together! that is why everytime we do something with more than one color I always :yell for my sister to help! :lol!!!

Stacey how far are you on this one? not you just love halping on the comfortghan? I do!! I am doing on right now with the help of all my crochetville friends here!! :hug

Sis don't forget to post a pic today so we can see how much more you have done ahead of me :nahnah wish I had 24 hours aday to sit with my crocheting in my lap!!!:sofunny

ok I have finnished with the first pentagons & Triangles. Man was doing those Pentagons with double yarn and G hook hard!!! anyway I have put the first row on after this and is the Pentagons supose to look puffy? mine looks like it has 8 boobs!! :rofl:rofl:rofl . sis I am taking a pic now and will get it over to you to load for everyone to see. and if ya'll tell me this is wrong I sweat I will trash it!!! :lol

Hope everyone as a great day!!!

After hours of scouring the internet, this is what I have come up with:

http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420128

I want to do this ghan is blues, but mom wants mauves/pinks/purples so I was thinking Sunrise for the light and Sweet Peas for the dark. As for the black and white, I haven't decided yet.

If anyone can give me pointers, words of wisdom, anything like that, I would really appreciate it! Like I said, I'm yarn ignorant and I'm learning as I go.

Thanks so much!

I really really like the colors.. but I noticed that the yarn is marked Handwash. Now, I know using laceweight, even doubled, it will come out a lot smaller. But handwash would make me think twice about that yarn. Just My Opinion. If it wasn't for the hw thing.. I'd say GO FOR IT!!! :)

Hat a week sounds like a cool project, I would need to catch up once I finish some other projects. Square a week afghan. ??Can someone bring me up to speed what it is. I saw the gorgeous photo of the blue afghan. Details. Whats the pattern, is this something everyone does together or on their own??

A few more scarfs I think for the 2nd shipment before the deadline and then will be wanting some new projects.

Thanks

Hat a week sounds like a cool project, I would need to catch up once I finish some other projects. Square a week afghan. ??Can someone bring me up to speed what it is. I saw the gorgeous photo of the blue afghan. Details. Whats the pattern, is this something everyone does together or on their own??

A few more scarfs I think for the 2nd shipment before the deadline and then will be wanting some new projects.

Thanks

sent you a PM re: Hat a Week

ok I have finnished with the first pentagons & Triangles. Man was doing those Pentagons with double yarn and G hook hard!!! anyway I have put the first row on after this and is the Pentagons supose to look puffy? mine looks like it has 8 boobs!! :rofl:rofl:rofl . sis I am taking a pic now and will get it over to you to load for everyone to see. and if ya'll tell me this is wrong I swear I will trash it!!! :lol

Ok here it is tell me what you think!!

b43de395.jpg

Archived