Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Thats why we all chat about our problems with a pattern. Its easy stitches, just gotta count. Or thats what I've found. And its mostly pieces. So if you goof up at least its a piece and not half the ghan you have to frog. Hope you give it a go.

Good Luck,

Stacey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 'ghan is still in the same place it was a while back. Too many things to do and too little time. I hope to get back to it once the doily swap is done. Right now it's taking priority with me......just as soon as I get back from Missouri, that is.

I will tell you why I think it is a great pattern....I have a short attention span...oh look, a butterfly...what was I saying?? Oh, yeah, seriously, the afghan has so many different parts to it that it keeps my interest, without being so difficult that I lose my focus. I am loving making it!!!! I was dreading the bobble round....don't know why....and it was so fast and easy.

Yup, and then people who see you crocheting say "I wish I had the attention span and patience for that" HA!:rofl if I had patience or attention span I wouldn't have a gazillion WIPs!

-SarahC

AJ

sounds like you have the same problem I do .. project ADD .. LOL..

cant wait to actually get started

I had some time this weekend, & I got started at least.

Here's my 1st section, I luv the colors :manyheart

however...my sewing skills, or lack of..are making me wonder if I should keep going or not. :eek

cathafghan%20006.jpg

Tween - Love your color choices! Your beginning looks very similar to mine - kinda puffy...I need to take mine apart yet AGAIN and see if I can get it to look better before going on...it has kinda taken a back burner to other projects, but one of these days I am gonna get back to it and get going again! If you figure out how to make it lay flat (or if anyone has any suggestions!) please let me know!

Laurie:hook

Ok, I'm slow. I just now found this thread. Everyone's afghans look so pretty! I want to make one now! So, I'm on the hunt for the pattern. If anyone can help me out, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

I took a break from my other projects to work on this one. I'm happy to report that I'm on the 10th row in the second section. I wish I could work on it more often b/c it's so much fun! :hook But I have a few more projects to finish before I get to do this full time. :(

Darn - the book has disappeared off eBay and I lost the bid I was winning because of time difference - I was asleep and somebody outbid me. :cry I know this is an annoying question - but does ANYONE know where else to locate this book or is ANYONE planning on selling their copy after they're done? I greatly appreciate any help or advice because I know you're all nice ladies & gentlemen. Thanks! :D

:frog

>>AshEgypt Darn - the book has disappeared off eBay and I lost the bid I was winning because of time difference - I was asleep and somebody outbid me.<<

Ouch Ashley, I've had that happen to me too many times. I finally started to snipe bid. What's sniping? Well, a very simple explanation is that you bid your maximum (the most you'd pay for an item) and bid as late in the auction as possible. To learn more about sniping, go to ebay and click on the communities link and click on one of the sniping discussions.

Some people think sniping is wrong, but personally I like it. I've won and lost auctions while sniping, but the best outcome is that I've quit paying more than I want to for an item.

You don't have to stay up all night to snipe either. There's tools to help you. Check out http://www.hammersnipe.com It's not totally free, but you can use it 3x a week (I think) without charge.

Hope this will help some with future auctions.

>>Anyone using Caron Evening Jewel for this....that's about the only one i've found that i've liked??? I'm ready to start!!!!<<

I'm seriously considering that.. have to see what I can find yarn shopping today.

Another great auction sniping tool is Auctionblitz (http://www.auctionblitz.com/home.cfm), which I've been using for several years now. I do enough on eBay and use it often enough that I pay the annual fee for unlimited snipes, but I think up to snipes per month are free. I've never had them fail to submit my bid, either, which is nice. I refuse to sit by my computer waiting on an item to close, and bidding high too early only drives the price to ridiculous heights, so this has been a great tool for me.

As for the Cathedral Window pattern, keep looking, Ash; I've seen 3 and 4 at a time, and then other times none at all. There'll be more. Wish I could promise you mine but at the rate I'm going it'll be next year before I'm anywhere near done with it :(

I just saw this on eBay - has almost 5 days left. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8211324440&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1I managed to get my hands on the pattern so I'm ready to join (if it's not too late) once I get yarn! A big thank you to my Crochet Angel (you know who you are) for helping me find it!

Just thought i'd give an update of my progress. I bought my yarn for the light var....I chose Caron's Simply Soft Embroidery Print. Joanns had it on sale this weekend for $1.85 / skein so I thought - what the heck...sick of looking for the perfect yarn and its okay. here's how its going so far....really looks like it needs to be blocked bad already. For the dark var yarn - I chose to use two solids in a crimson (Carons Simply Soft) and a dark red from my stash..its TLC Essentials, I believe. The pic doesn't show well - but the reds are deep red tones - not orangey like the pic shows. Working the two strands with a G hook is killing my fingers - so I had to stop for a while. All the weaving in of the ends really bites - but if you do it as you go, you'll probably happier for it. :devil

For the black sc around the pentagons..I switched back to single strand and H hook....did anyone else interpret the pattern that way? Here's a pic....

ebay070105148.jpg

Looking good Carmen! Yes, I interpreted the pattern the same...back to one strand with the black. I really need to get back to mine, but I am having so much fun with little projects, and now have started on my dishcloths for the swap...Maybe when it cools off around here I can hit it hard again...

Laurie:hook

IF I ever find the pattern, I will definitely join. I know I'll be way behind but I'll at least have this beautiful piece of work. Looking forward to joining you. Linda

I have been reading all the posts and know how frustrated things can get. I finally found a pattern for it. I can't believe it but I had it on my computer all the time that I have been searching for it. Well I bought the yarn for it and using RH Gemstone and Monet for the varigated colors. Will work on it after I finish a couple projects I have started already. In fact, my hubby helped me pick out the colors, even though he had said "no more yarn, you have enough to run your own store" :faint. But he buys it for me just the same.

Good luck to all.

Rose

Beth, the way some of us are going on ours, September probably won't be too late to join in!

BTW, I still haven't made any new progress on mine; trying to finish up another project before the Snowflake week hits!

HI! New poster, here(lurk, mostly, first post)

I've been interested in this CAL since I joined Crochetville a few months ago -The folks who've either completed, or have scanned their work have impressed the heck out of me.

Now, to my question: Where can I find this pattern? I've googled, I've searched used craft book & leaflet sites, I've called Annie's Attic, and have finally reached that point of desperation and frustration when I have to get some hints from you folks - please don't tell me about ebay - my luck there is not good(I have a budget, and I need to stay within limits). I'd love to make this for my parents, as a Christmas gift.

So, OK, I'm begging for some help! Is there someone who's willing to sell me their pattern? Anyone know of a secret source where I could purchase one? Do I sound too desperate?

Seriously, I'd love to do this CAL. If anyone can help, please let me know!

Ellen

Archived