Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Was captivated by this afghan. In my search I came across this :

http://creationsbytaz.com/

What do you all think about that?

Excuse me while I :faint .......I would need to be seriously hating this afghan and wanting to blow a whole a full paycheck plus some to even begin to think of purchasing that one.....my rent payment back in the US was less than that!!

I wonder how many people he has had order this! They need some serious talking to....and then I will gladly give them my name for all of their future crocheting needs....plus throw in a 40% discount and I'd still be happy! :lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he MAD?!?!? I'm not sure the afghan is worth that much to me for someone else to make it. I wouldn't buy yarn that's that expensive to make it myself!! As it is, I'm using RH for mine and it's gonna cost over $50 by the time it's all said and done! WOw! $750 for an afghan/wall hanging...:no

Seriously, if it is crocheted at a professional level AND comes with a custom frame to hang it, I am not sure it's overpriced. At this point it's more an artpiece than an afghan, and if you have the house to hang a nine foot tapestry, then I bet $750 seems cheap!

I gotta tap into his clientele! :bounce

PS: if it were an original that he actually designed then he could charge double that.

Whoa...but it is a beautiful ghan!! *sigh* Thats allotta $$$...but like dude said, if its professional, it's worth it!!

I wish I could see his better, the pic is so tiny, & I wish those darn butterflies would BUG OFF! :lol

I can't see the frame too well in the small picture, but it appears to be just PVC pipe that has been connected together into a circle, and then the afghan attached at each point - Very easy to do! Now, that gives me an idea about what to do with mine...many moons from now when I get it finished...My house has cathedral ceilings throughout, down the middle of the house, including our bedroom, so I have a BIG wall that looks very bare, even with a big picture! I have been trying to think of a way to hang it there...I think this would work!:yay

By the way, did anyone ever come up with a good way to sew all the pieces together where it will lay flat and look nice?? I am still struggling with it! Any help will be much appreciated!

Whoa...but it is a beautiful ghan!! *sigh* Thats allotta $$$...but like dude said, if its professional, it's worth it!!

I wish I could see his better, the pic is so tiny, & I wish those darn butterflies would BUG OFF! :lol

Amen! And I HAAAAAAAATE websites with music!!!! :bang

That is a beautiful afghan. And I finally got to show hubby a color photo of the afghan I want to make. Gonna have to order the yarn 'cause I can't find exactly what I want around here. So it's going to be another week or two before I can get started. But I'm really enjoying the updates of those we are already started.

I agree about the size of the picture - would love to see his afghan in more detail, as well as find out what kind of yarn he used ot make it!

I was unsure how I felt about my colors, but now that I have sewn the pentagons on it looks fine. I am about to sew on the triangles, then I think I will post a pic. Fingers crossed they go on okay....after reading that Cheryl (Diamond) had trouble with them.

:manyheart

ok...here's the first public viewing of my project.

Dscn1300.jpg

I am just now starting the first round of popcorns. Since this is going to be a shawl I omitted the center hexagon and I think I am going to do the small heptagon along the sides so it will border the whole thing. Does that make sense? It's weird working the pattern in rows instead of rounds. I have to be careful which is the right side and stuff...but all in all..so far I am more then pleased.

That looks really nice as a shawl. I don't know if I could have figured that one out. :eek

I wish I had a camera so I could post mine, too. I just finished the first white row with the popcorns, am getting ready for the next color/black round. It has been kind of hard understanding some of the directions on how to put them together and I had frogged the thing 3 times, and started over twice. :lol

thanks for the compliments.

I am using yarns from knit picks. They are lace weights that I am double stranding. the colors are splendor, stained glass (from their shimmer line...70% alpaca and 30% silk...talk about soft)....and then smoke and black (from their alpaca cloud line...100% alpaca)

Kimberely your colors are so pretty. Is that Ocean? I am using Ocean and a Comfort print in blue. Great job!

Archived