Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad there's so many joining.

I've kinda gotten into a funk and haven't done any crocheting in a couple of days, I haven't abandoned the CAL or anything else and will finish my doily swap.

Maybe I oughta to make time to work on the site for this thing, just can't seem to get motivated, must be the heat or something.

:frog

I think someone is taking away the hours in my days! I finally had about an hour to crochet the other night but I kept falling asleep while in the process so I had to just put it up. We are driving to Macon, GA tomorrow so I am hopeing I can get some crocheting accomplished on the way there and the way back, then maybe I can post some pretty pics of mine, right now all you can see is round 1.

Everyone who has posted pics so far are doing such a great job!!!

Hey, can I join this CAL? I've had that pattern in my possession before and I hope I still do! I remember it very well because out of the entire leaflet of afghans, I only liked that one! :lol So I don't know if I gave it away or if I kept it. But I'm gonna look! :)

Looks like Stacey is moving right along with her gorgeous ghan. Will she be the first one to complete it? (Not including Drew who already did one several years ago...so are you going to do it again, Drew? Oh, and btw, you CAN turn the music off on those websites. ;) )

Sign me up!

How is everyone coming on Cathedral Window?? It has been awfully quite on this thread the last few days! I am in the process of sewing on the triangles (almost finished), and then on to the second part!:hook

How is everyone coming on Cathedral Window?? It has been awfully quite on this thread the last few days! I am in the process of sewing on the triangles (almost finished), and then on to the second part!:hook

I'm still at the beginning of the second part. I had to put it down for a while to finish up some swap projects that are on deadline and a doily that I've become consumed with.

Well It has gotten a bit rough for me. After Attaching the half circles, I started the border around them. Wow. I hope you guys have better luck with that than I did. I had to frog over 1200 stitches. Yes, you read right. I finally have caught back up to where I was at. Just taking my time. USE STITCH MARKERS. is the thought of the day.

I'll post a pic when I finish up this chapter in the ghan. Hope you guys are doing good. Cant wait to see your pics and how far along you are!

*hugs*

So far, so good. I am not speeding through this tho...it is taking a while. I haven't encountered any problems yet, and I am enjoying doing it. Of course I should be sewing my daughter's wedding dress first, for her September wedding. So, I may have to put my crochet away for a while...yeah, right. I can do both, right?? I am after all super mom...no even better, I am the Crochetdiva......ok, I think it is time for this diva to go to bed. :hook

Kimberley, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shawl. If I lived in cooler weather I would do mine in yarn. I think your colors are wonderful. When I start mine, I'll do mine in thread with some novelty threads thrown in for texture. I would need to keep it light weight. Who knows when I can start on mine, though. I love watching the progress you all are making.

Well, I finally got around to taking a photo. The second pic shows the colors of the yarn better. This is really a lot of fun, and not nearly as daunting as I first feared. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/cathedralafghan1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/whichone.jpg

thank you! The darker veriagated is Red Heart Comfort Yarn. It doesn't have a name, but it does have a number (I can go find it if you want). It is sold in the big balls at my Walmart. It is a more subtle verigation, I think. I am going to do another afghan (probably round ripple) with it and white and royal blue.:manyheart

Woohooo ~ looky what I got in the mail today :cheer

th_AwardWinningAfghans.bmp

I found out who the designer was of this pattern and decided why not call her and find out if she knew where I could get a copy of her pattern. She e-mailed me back about a week later and said she had an extra copy if I wanted it for the cover price. Believe me, I jumped on it!! She also said that I can e-mail her anytime if I have any problems with the pattern. :D Can you tell I'm excited??????

Michelle

Somewhere in my boxes and stacks of patterns, I have this afghan pattern. I would love to participate in the crochet along after our County Fair in September. Will that be too late to start the project?? Beth

Archived