Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Nobody was trying to be mean or stingy by not offering to sell copies of the pattern; they were trying not to get into legal hot water, and many of us have tried to help others find copies of this pattern. This was discussed in another thread, and I'll quote a response there:

Quote:

Legally, it's not ok to copy the pattern & share it. It's still an infringement on copyright laws. Copyrights apply for more than the lifetime of the designer, plus some. Just because the pattern is no longer in print doesn't mean it's no longer protected under copyright laws. If you do share this pattern, don't announce it in a public forum!

Any website that is offering to sell ... not just share between friends, but sell ... copies of this booklet/afghan pattern is asking for more legal trouble than they want to handle, and if Annie's Attic gets wind of it they'll be some mighty unhappy people. Folks may share patterns privately (and a lot of us do) but openly violating copyright laws by selling something owned by someone else is about as silly as shoplifting in front of a cop IMHO :)

Three cheers and thank you to dhaunae!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..I seriously debated using an RH varigated (can't remember the name at the moment!) with barn red, greens, and rusts with RH Barn Red, but decided the Viva was my favorite :hook

I had thought of using those very yarns with those colors, before I decided to try out a shawl with threads. Blues and pinks are so popular, but I sometimes just like to have a scarlet red. I like rich colors. Oh. You all are making me envious.:manyheart

Okay. I've "shopped" through my stash and decided on my colors~~I have enough to get started, but I'm gonna HAVE to buy more yarn for this!!

I'm using RH yarns (my staple yarn) in Aspen Print (lt. veri) and Painted Desert (dk. veri). They look pretty cool together, and I think they'll make a nice afghan/rug... :P

here is a IMHO--- Do not try using RH "dusk" yarn for this project. The coloring is way to dark in the blues for justice to be given to the black outlining. I'm going to try to find a better dark varigated tomorrow. Anyone have a good RH color to suggest going with my light color (RH ocean)?

I don't know what the "dusk" yarn is. But I just got some RH Comfort yarn in a pretty veriagated blue that looks good with the ocean. there is no name but there is a dye lot (I think it is color 4007) It comes in 12oz balls.

:manyheart

Ok folks, I need your opinions. Here are the color choices. The one on the right is ocean, and I could use the one on the left as the dark veri. Or the one on the left as the main color with a royal blue as the second color. I just don't know what to do. Any ideas from someone who has made or seen one in person? Or anyone else?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/whichone.jpg

I really love the blue one, but wonder if it is too dark or enough of a verigation. what do you think??

The color on my dark varigated is :color 0984 SH Dusk 6 oz. art. E300-- way dark.

I love the ocean color . I definately think you should use it. It makes a nice contrast with the black. I'm also using that one as lt var. maybe use the other color as ur dark var? Black shows up around it very good as well.

I love that variegated rich blue, Andrea. If you used that as your light, you could maybe use the RH Gemstone as your dark? Of course the afghan made with Ocean as the light and that as the dark would be glorious too. I can see why you're having a hard time deciding!!

Hey all! I'm down at the Keys house and have to tell you how proud of myself I am. Last night the boys went night-fishing which I don't care to do. I stayed home and worked my my 'ghan and got into the Second Section already. I must say I don't care to use a G hook with double strand of any kind of yarn. Man, was that tough! But it's coming along! Just wanted to give you an update. I must say the Red Heart Ocean with the Gemstone is very effective with this afghan!! Love it I do.

I'm thinking of

Caron Simply Soft Ombre - Baby Brights Ombre for the Light

TLC Essentials Water Lily for the dark

What do you think of that????

I still havent' decided so input would be good

I've bounced back and forth between two tabs comparing these two, and it's still hard to tell for sure. I'd suggest maybe just getting one skein of each and working up sample swatches with some black, like Andrea did with her colors. It would be easier to see how they'd work together that way. Better that than buying a busload of the yarn and then deciding it won't work!

Ok folks, I need your opinions. Here are the color choices. The one on the right is ocean, and I could use the one on the left as the dark veri. Or the one on the left as the main color with a royal blue as the second color. I just don't know what to do. Any ideas from someone who has made or seen one in person? Or anyone else?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/whichone.jpg

I really love the blue one, but wonder if it is too dark or enough of a verigation. what do you think??

The subtle differences would be very pretty! I like these two a lot!!

Last night I worked on my ghan while DH and I watched some TV and I got most of my first section done. I still have 5 triangles and the assembly to do. I have to agree with Diamond; working with two strands and a G hook isn't a lot of fun, but it is pretty.

My suggestion if you're not doing this already: weave in your ends as you go! I'm weaving mine in except for a little tail on the WS of each piece as I get it finished so I won't have hundreds of tails to do at the end.

I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

I like both of them, but I think that I personally like the one on the left as the main color, but I think that the color on the right would be beautiful too. I don't think that you could go wrong with what you choose. They both are beautiful. It depends on if you like darker or lighter colors. It's a personal choice.

I like both of them, but I think that I personally like the one on the left as the main color, but I think that the color on the right would be beautiful too. I don't think that you could go wrong with what you choose. They both are beautiful. It depends on if you like darker or lighter colors. It's a personal choice.

I agree, the one on the left. I bounced back and forth for a few minutes saying wow to both of them, but I like the subtlety in the one on the left. :D

Thank you for your help. I am thinking that I will use the Ocean as the main veri and the other blue (no name) RH comfort as the dark veri. I love the RH comfort blue, but with the royal blue and black think it will be just too dark and not show off the design so much.

Now if I had only decided before I opened the bags and rolled some yarn. GRRR But I can actually just trade the yarn I haven't opened for more ocean....no harm done. I am stuck with the royal blue, but it is so pretty I am sure I can find something to do with it. That comfort blue would make a nice car coat....after the afghan. LOL

I think you have to be really happy with your color choices because this is going to be a LONG LONG project to work with colors you don't like.

:manyheart

Ok, so since I am the most indecisive person on the planet, I will make both up for a bit to see which I like better. and the one I don't use might end up being a Christmas tree skirt. LOL

Ok, so since I am the most indecisive person on the planet, I will make both up for a bit to see which I like better. and the one I don't use might end up being a Christmas tree skirt. LOL

Well that's a great idea! That would make a gorgeous tree skirt, wouldn't it?!

i finally have chosen RH blueberry pie as my dark veri. After completing rnd 10 I am really liking the subtle change of colorings. And your right, you must really en:hook joy ur colors... cuz this is going to be LONG going.... LOL

RH Blueberry Pie is one of my fave RH colors!

yummm....my yarn arrived from knitpicks today and even my kids thought the colors were awesome together. I am just drooling right now...but I must finish cleaning out the camper that we brought home (finally) yesterday. But ... ooohhh....I must put the kids to bed early tonight so I can get some quiet crochet time. :)

It uses 2 strands because those parts are raised up. It's a very cool 3-D effect. :bounce

Ok, so I used two strands for the pentagons, my question is what about the black yarn that is sc around the pentagons...is it single or double thickness? Also, I used the G hook as directed and 2 strands and the pentagon is curving inward...will this correct itself, or is my tension too tight? Great round 2 and I am already in a jam. LOL I may have to take up drinking. LOL

Ok, so I used two strands for the pentagons, my question is what about the black yarn that is sc around the pentagons...is it single or double thickness? Also, I used the G hook as directed and 2 strands and the pentagon is curving inward...will this correct itself, or is my tension too tight? Great round 2 and I am already in a jam. LOL I may have to take up drinking. LOL

After browsing through the pattern, I've noted that there are only a few sections where it calls for 2 strands (with color B), and at the beginning of the pattern, in the Notes section it states: Use H hook and one strand yarn unless otherwise stated. So I would say it's one strand for the black.

As far as the pentagon curving, I suspect it will correct itself, but this is just an opinion from someone who hasn't done any of this yet! Take it for what it's worth.

too funny, I thought the same thing when I was working on my pentagons tonight. I got two done but shesh...I sure hope this isn't an indication of what's to come :eek

Archived