Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drew, When you pieced this together, did you go through both loops on each motif or just one? (was that question, confusing?)

I don't remember exactly but my first thought is that I would have made it as strong as possible, so most likely through both loops.

I'm in :cheer but I'll have to wait til Friday to get some yarn. And I am so-o-o ready to get this started now. :irk

And, thanks to Drew for being here to answer our questions. I had noticed the 2-strand thing and couldn't figure it out either. :hug

i wish i had this pattern. is a beautiful afghan and would love to make it as a wedding gift for my cousin. if anyone knows where i can get it please p.m me. many thanks vicki:manyheart

I have ordered my yarn (lace weight) and am now eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I shall make this my long term project and still be able to work on my mittens and socks. I am not one to be able to work on too many different projects at one time, so this will be new to me.

By the way...thanks again Cheryl for your input on my yarn choices. I hope they are as yummy in person as they looked on the computer screen (although I must admit I have not been disappointed yet with knitpicks)

Hopefully after my daughter's dance class tonight it won't be raining so I can go to Wal-Mart to get a few necessities like milk, kids shampoo, YARN. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get us all in the van while it is pouring rain outside :think Hopefully the big umbrella is in the garage! I did pick out my light verigated color and almost have enough of it so hopefully they will still have it at walmart. Maybe after everyone gets their colors picked we can all post pics of them! Well I am off to find an umbrella!

WOW, Chatty! Do you see the list? It's growing. I'm so excited about this CAL! How are you all getting this pattern when it took me 6 months and $60 to win it off Ebay!! I really don't care how, I'm just glad there's more people to work on this with us!!! :welcome:day And we are all basically starting together. How cool is that?

This is my first CAL and I'm super excited about it. Just knowing that other people are working on the same project as I am is such a cool thing, and already this thread has given the early starters a forum to ask questions and be answered. That was one of my biggest concerns about trying this pattern, not having anyone to turn to if I ran into a total brick wall; I'm going into it confident and excited now instead of hesitant and scared. Hooray for C'ville!

Stacey, that is VERY pretty. Great job! You're ahead of me. I haven't even gotten started, yet. It looks like I'm going to have to back out, for now at least. :cry I was asked to do another book, so that is going to take all my concentration, aggrivation, brain cells, and so on. :think What was I saying? LOL. Anyways, I'm very excited to see photos of all your WIPs. I plan on someday doing this afghan, but it's on hold for now.

WOW, Chatty! Do you see the list? It's growing. I'm so excited about this CAL! How are you all getting this pattern when it took me 6 months and $60 to win it off Ebay!! I really don't care how, I'm just glad there's more people to work on this with us!!! :welcome:day And we are all basically starting together. How cool is that?

Yes, :welcome

diamond.....RAOK? ;)

:frog

Stacy, that's gorgeous!!

I'll post pics of mine when I get all the pentagons and triangles done and attached. This one will take me longer since I have to finish the rose afghan too.

It does give me something to switch to though ;)

I am getting itchy to start this. My yarn was shipped yesterday so I hope it's here by tomorrow or Saturday. Hubby is off on Monday and I can just concentrate on working on this for a few minutes (hours??) perhaps.

Just when my mailman thought he was safe, I guess I need to start some covert ops again.

Stacy, your afghan is 'Loooookin' Good!'! Way to go! I haven't touched mine as I've been trying to get things ready to go away on Friday, pay bills, prepare swap packages to mail out today, etc. And today doesn't look like a good day either. Hopefully I can get a lot done down in the Keys!

Chatty, RAOKs must be it!

I'll get back to mine probably tomorrow or this weekend, I'm fixing to get ready to go clean some swimming pools. Several people owe me money so maybe I can get the fun fur for my wrist warmers today, I've never used it before and these felt like the perfect opportunity to try.

My son is going with me so he can drive and I can finish the other warmer then hit W-M on the way home, I need bread and biscuits anyway :wink

Archived