Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Michelle-

Thanks. I had emailed Betty when I first saw her post (maybe she got deluged with emails, and it got lost in the shuffle). I just "re emailed"(is that a word?) her, so maybe I'll get some good news. Thanks for your help.

Ellen

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i've started the second section...here's the link on my blog as i'm too lazy to upload a pic to photobucket. I'm having a time with the weaving of ends. I had no earthly idea how many are involved. Okay - please tell me it gets better, because believe it or not - I actually like how its turning out. How's everyone else doing...i've kinda put it on the back burner for now.:angry

Linda,

Please email me privately about this afghan. I may have some good news for you on it. :yay

Rose

IF I ever find the pattern, I will definitely join. I know I'll be way behind but I'll at least have this beautiful piece of work. Looking forward to joining you. Linda

I just saw this eBay auction for the pattern book - starting price $0.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Attic-CROCHET-10-AWARD-WINNING-AFGHANS-Pattern_W0QQitemZ8214763855QQcategoryZ11797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck. I paid $30.00 for it a few weeks ago on eBay...

-Cheryl

So my friend was in town this past weekend and saw my progress on the Cathedral Window Afghan for another friend. She loved it so much she has asked me to make one for her, offering to pay for the yarn and my time! I've been crocheting only since March so I was a bit taken aback. I don't need anyone to pay me for my time, I love doing it anyway. But I'm a bit nervous about committing to another one before I have finished my first attempt. Anyway, just wanted to share and see if anyone had any thoughts.

Jen

Don't anyone worry about being behind, I started this thing and I don't even have time to get going good on it until I finish up another afghan that's ahead of it.

This is ongoing anyway, no real end in sight ;):laughroll

Hi everyone,

I hope ya'll are having fun making this one, lol. Yea, right!!! I haven't started mine yet, but decided that I would post my source to get this pattern for only $5.00 for shipping.

I posted a message way back at the beginning when this CAL was first talked about. I just HAD to find this pattern, looked an looked and looked some more and FINALLY found it!!!

I have had soooooo many people contact me and ask for the information of my source where I bought the pattern, dirt cheap. Actually, this lady doesn't sell the pattern, so she says, lol. She only asks that you send her a money order for $5.00 which will cover the postage. I received mine a couple of months ago and I am very pleased. She will send you a color picture of the afghan and photo copies of the pattern. Each page is in protective plastic covers. It is very nice since it only cost $5.00 to get it.

I have gotten weary of emailing her information to one right after another one, so here it is!!!

If anyone wants to order this pattern, just send a $5.00 money order to the address listed below and she will send your pattern to you. Also, I am listing her URL where you can also see a picture of the afghan that she made, plus has a link for you to email her directly. See below for ordering information.

Please don't email me directly for this pattern. I will not reply.

Good luck making this one!!! Looks like a real challenge. I haven't started mine yet and probably won't for quite awhile. Gotta finish up alot of other projects first.

Betty

You can see the afghan on her website intro page. www.creationsbytaz.com

Thora Ziegler

P.O. Box 787

Lewiston, CA 96052

Hello Everyone,

I sent you an email asking that my name be included in the list below but it has not of yet. :( I don't know if you received it or not so therefore I am asking again. Thank you. My id is: Kitten, my name is Rose

It seems diamond and I had the same idea today-a Cathedral Window Afghan CAL.

I have some space and can host it if anyone's interested, I've started this afghan but it will go slow so that maybe I won't have to frog it too much.

I even made a button:

cathwindcal1md.jpg

It's hosted at ImageShack so if some of you don't have webspace to host images you can link to it with no problems.

Email or PM me for any other details.

Edit: Here's a list I have so far, if it needs correcting one way or another let me know so I can correct it

Participants:

Kimberly:Woven N Spun

Julie: JulieP

Lani: dhaunae

Sue: Smyz64

Julie: Chatty

Cheryl: diamond

Stacey: dixieredhead

Faith: faithpa76

Elizabeth: threeolivemartini

Ginger: gingerrtay

Sondra: 123mama

Laurie: sunshine1977

Lisa: summerysmile

Kristina: klouised

Melissa: CatsCradleCreations

Michelle: MiCountess

Anne: cajunwhacko

Laura: lauravee

Julie: Yarn Duck

Trish: princesstrish

Andrea: crochetdiva

Renee: Nay

:frog

Here's another eBay auction for the Annie's Attic Award Winning Afghans book with the Cathedral Rose Window afghan on the front cover:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Attic-Crochet-Afghans-TWO-Pattern-Books_W0QQitemZ8215335926QQcategoryZ11797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-cheryl

Has anyone else just gotten to a place where they just don't feel like they can go on with this? Maybe it's not instant gratification enough. I can barely even do a round a week. I haven't touched it in weeks. :(

I am enjoying working on mine, but I am making some afghans for Christmas gifts and spending more time on them. Because Christmas is just around the corner.

I am getting ready to make the 16 balls on the catheral one.

sondra

• 2 weeks later...

I made the afghan to donate to an auction benefitting the athletics programs at the college where I work. I started on August 6 and finished this morning (so, just about 5 weeks)! The auction is TOMORROW! Whew! A photo of the afghan is on my blog here:

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts/archives/2005/09/11/cathedral_rose_window_afghan_painted_desert_claret_black_buff.php

-Cheryl

Ok, so now the rush is on. I decided that since my DD's wedding is over, that I can now make my mom's afghan by her birthday...this coming weekend. What was I thinking???? I have two rows until the first heptagons (which I already crocheted). Hmmm, I wonder how much I will get done...

Cheryl your catheral window turned out beautiful:manyheart I love the colors you picked out. Hubby just looked at yours and agreed that it is beautiful.

I am ready to do the 16 balls.

I have been working on a few Christmas gifts to get them done.

sondra

Cheryl, the afghan is beautiful! I haven't even started mine - I've been trying to finish up squares for the swap. I did buy my yarn though. Maybe I will start on it tonight.

Did you (or anyone else) use 2 yarns for the smaller hexagons around the center? I tried this to do a gauge swatch and the yarn I am using results in a very stiff hexagon with a G hook, so I am considering using only one strand. Thanks.

I made the afghan to donate to an auction benefitting the athletics programs at the college where I work. I started on August 6 and finished this morning! The auction is TOMORROW! Whew! A photo of the afghan is on my blog here:

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts/archives/2005/09/11/cathedral_rose_window_afghan_painted_desert_claret_black_buff.php

-Cheryl

Cheryl,

It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Impressive job! Congratulations on finishing - hope it is auctioned at the highest!

Thanks Laurie:) - that's a great idea. I will try a sports weight with it. I like the idea of the thicker pentagons for effect. I will have to search my stash or - go back to the yarn shop - oh boy:devil.

Looks great Cheryl!! :clap How much did you rack in for the auction??

I look forward to making great progress on mine this week as I'm taking a long train trip on the Empire Builder this weekend. 23 hours one way :eek But I'm bringing enough projects that I'll probably cramp my hand before I get bored :hook And this project is definitely #2 on my list of important projects to work on. :lol

Jen

Has anyone else tried this:

For the pyramids I have carried the yarn around the whole piece, instead of starting and stopping at each one. So this way I won't have to sew in ends. So far it is working out fine. I am doing the last round of the pyramids now, then on to the black columns. I have already made the heptagons and they look like they will fit in fine even with doing it this way. :hook

Archived