What do you make when....

Hi friends, so here I am sitting in my recliner, at the Ville, and was thinking, what do you all make when you want to make up something fast, just because I am still sick, I wanna crochet, but want to see something gratifying too...lol...am I making sence, or did the drugs totally get to me?!?!?!?! WHat I am trying to say is a fast project that doesnt use up much yarn, that I can give away...and doesnt take much thinking, heavens knows I cant do much thinking these days..lol..oh and I already gave scarfs and hats to EVERYONE I know...lol

I can only sit up about an hour, an hour and half if I push myself, I been doing a bit of the Seraphina here and there, it MIGHT get done by NEXT christmas at this rate, but anyways PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS..of something that can be done in two of my up times, two hours..lol...and use up small skiens of yarn I have.

Thanks friends

as always MUCH LOVE!!

JoAnn

P.S My health update, like I said I am slowely getting togeher here, I go Friday for a dye CT of my thryriod, as it continues to enlarge, yeadda yeadda..... so until then , I am home, other than to go our for my weekly blood work and I see the Doctor on Monday...so pray they tell me I can get up outta the sicko bed...sure I gots a king sized bed, and hubby even put a TV in there, BUT I am bored outta my GOARD...:lol

When I just need something quick to work up and not in the mood to work on squares, I grab a simple hat or slipper pattern. Or if I'm feeling daring, I try to make up my own hats. I hope you feel better soon Jo :hug

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Hmm... wrist warmers in pretty stitches, stuffed toys, umm... it's always hard to think of something to make when you need to make something. It's way easier to think of things when you've got too much else to do. Maybe a little baby sweater?

Hope you are doing well!

I hope you continue to get better quickly!

I second the vote for dishcloths. They're quick, usefull and you can try out a wide range of stitch patterns and still have something that works. (That and if you're like me, you can never have too many dishcloths because who knows where the last batch ended up...)

It sure "ain't no fun" being sick!!! Hope things improve for you real soon.

When I am in a "crochet slump", not wanting to tackle anything that requires "brain power", I crochet small "mug rugs". They are just little rectangular mats made with single crochet back and forth to what ever size I'm up to making at the time (usually something like 4" x 5" or 5" x 5") then I add a bit of fringe on each end and there you have a "mug rug". I saw this in a Workbasket magazine and liked the "easiness" (is that a word???). It doesn't require crocheting in the round or counting. Great for using up those scraps and works with ANY kind of yarn. Sometimes I use two stands together for a thicker one (uses up my stash faster...smiling...)

so off the top of my head - if you want to "give back" how about making some squares for comfortghans that people are looking for - or make some scarves and roak them. just a thought off the top of my head.

you could also make christmas ornaments for next year.

It's not fun being sick. When I am not quite well, I work on granny squares. They use up scraps of yarn, go pretty fast, and can sit in a pile after they are done, waiting to be made into something. No pressue.

I also make hats. I recently made 8 hats out of some leftover yarns while I recovered from knee surgery. It kept me busy, used up my stash and didn't cause too much thinking..

I hope you recover quickly. Here's a :hug to heal fast.

:manyheart

Hi Sweetie ~ you hang in there! I know of something you can do in less than an hour, any color, any yarn weight and hook. Candy kisses. They are like Hershey kisses and are adorable. They are the perfect little items to tell someone you love them.

KristieMN here on Crochetville has this pattern. It is worked from the bottom up. I made mine using worsted weight, so I had to do a few less sts on the top couple of rounds in order to get my hook in. It didn't occur to me at the time to drop down to a smaller hook, duh. No matter, they came out adorable!

I made some for my Auntie, who lives next door to me, and I just discovered a few days ago that she liked them so much, she hung hers on the livingroom wall! While I was laughing, she explained that she was afraid her cat would think they were toys for him, but she wanted them out where she could see them, so up they went on the wall. Interesting solution.

So, you can make a candy kiss in an hour, and have a basket full of them in a week!

Last year I spent a lot of time with my father in doctors' offices and hospitals and became addicted to fat bottom bags and scarves. My family and my in-laws have a large supple of both, now.

Thank you all! I do have some odd and end cottons around here, I think I will go with dishcloths for now....for now....

thanks I LOVE every idea, and will work on them all when I get feeling more like I can concentrate...lol

hugs and love

JoAnn

• 2 years later...

i LOVE th emug rug idea as i am soon getting new office furniture that has tempered glass tabletops and Godforbid anybody goes anywhere near them with a beverage of any kind be it a mug or can etc......they better be ready to windex it if they leave a mark!!!

Archived