2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Hmm.... I have no idea how many yards I used... But, since I know I only used a little bit out of it before, I'll just call it a full skein and give it a +2, raising my score to a whopping -8! I may make it to -7 this evening... if I decide to add more fringe to the scarf, I think it needs it.

Awww... Addey, reduced to adding fringe. Poor dear :wlol

We will do anything to get those numbers to work eh?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awww... Addey, reduced to adding fringe. Poor dear :wlol

We will do anything to get those numbers to work eh?

:lol It's a mesh scarf where you weave in long pieces to "fill it in". It just doesn't look filled in enough with the 2 per square I was using... that and if I'm going to do fringe, it's not going to look anemic! (I've said many times I don't like fringe. I still don't, but I liked the look of this scarf :sigh)

:lol It's a mesh scarf where you weave in long pieces to "fill it in". It just doesn't look filled in enough with the 2 per square I was using... that and if I'm going to do fringe, it's not going to look anemic! (I've said many times I don't like fringe. I still don't, but I liked the look of this scarf :sigh)

that is the very thing I was remembering when I saw your post about adding fringe. it just struck me as funny (haha funny not weird funny :wlol )

I made a mistake today...I went to WalMart...I bought more yarn...:yay

Hehe, I bought 3 skeins for the WUA squares. So, another -6.

Started a third Christmas stocking last night and so this morning I finished a skein on it (+2 for today). Tonight or tomorrow I should be able to turn this next skein into a ball and have the stocking done! Then I can start on stocking #4 ... these are working up so fast now that I understand the pattern LOL!

Ok, since Sunday I've been pretty slow :( But I have managed to get 2 skeins down into balls making rectangles for HAP and bookmarks for the readers in my family (we have a lot of readers!!) for +2. Also still working on my afghan.....verrrrrry slooooooowly. However I have managed to get through about half of the panel since Sunday. Should be over half way there by tomorrow night, and hopefully done by Friday. HOPEFULLY

Okay, DH says I have an addiction. I bought those three skeins earlier...Well, I had to go back to the store...And I uh...I came back with another 5 skeins......:c9

Woot! Finished off two skeins working on the sleeves of the sweater for my dd. So that puts me at +4 for the week. With luck I will use up 2 more tomorrow if I finish the sleeves.

I'm working on slow stuff right now but I went to HL to get my 1 skein of yarn with my 40% off coupon. They didn't have the color I wanted so I just bought another color instead :lol so -2.

Stopped at the evil Hobby Lobby and came home with 3 skeins, one of which is half gone from making rectangles for WUA. I am going to claim that as another -6 until I finish the skein completely. Now if only I could find some more time to crochet, I would be fine.

Sara

another 7oz skein has bit the dust.. for another +2 for me. Now I'm trying to decide which I like better with the purple.. real teal or turqa. hmmmm

I finished one RR and several dishcloths and started another RR and lucky me a friend asked if I had any extra yarn so she could learn. BOY, do I, so I will be getting rid of some. :clap:clap

:lol The evil computer took up all my time last night, so no progress for me. Maybe tonight... :shrug

And yes Darski, I will post a picture of the scarf with fringe... just to prove that I did make something with fringe... :D

Archived