A Pleasant Surprise this morning

I received a quick note this morning telling me I needed to check out Annie's Attic Blog.

Take a peek.

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/blog.html

What a nice write up they did. It still amazes me to see my self in print. I have so many bruises from where I have pinched myself to make sure It's not a dream. faint.gif

OH MY GOSH, "YOU" are THAT Kathy....the absolutely exquisite doilie Kathy???? WOW, I LUV your patterns. I sure hope you publish more!!!!!!

Congratulations on well deserved praise.

I was just coming to post the article when I decided to check to see if someone had beat me to it........This is so fantastic, I am so excited for you...... Your doilies and other patterns are totally worth the praise and recognition!!! Congratulations keep up the good work:cheer :cheer :cheer

Oct. 5, 2007

Doilies!

Ann White

If the Crochet Police came to my home and said “Ms. White, you have been accused of excessive crocheting. I am afraid we can only allow you to crochet one type of item in the future.” I wouldn’t have to think very long to decide what that item would be. I would make nothing but doilies from now on and be perfectly content.

</B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B />

</B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B />Doilies are kind of like cookies; they are small and quick to make (for the most part), and I never met one that I didn’t like. No matter what your taste or décor, there is a doily for you! Do you love traditional designs? Choose a pineapple, Irish crochet or filet doily, and you will have an elegant, intricate and lacy accent for your home. Do you prefer cottage styles? Create a colorful, whimsical little doily covered with pink roses or yellow buttercups to perfectly complement your décor. Even if you choose a more subdued rustic or southwestern style of decorating, a subtly textured doily in a sophisticated palette can add an unexpected touch of elegance to a room.

</B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B />

</B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B />My copy of “Old Fashioned Doilies” by Kathryn A. White (available from the Annie’s Attic catalog) has given me a real dilemma; I can’t decide which of these incredible beauties I want to make first! The stunning Pineapple & Rose pattern on the cover would be perfect on my nightstand; but then again, the colorful Irish roses on the Rose Garden doily would add a cheerful touch to my office desk. I'll just have to get busy and make both!

</B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B /></B />Thank goodness the Crochet Police don’t exist, so I won’t have to scale back on my crochet projects any time soon. But even without their watchful eye, doilies will always remain my favorite little crochet goodies!

Now how cool is that?:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

That's GOT to make you feel warm and fuzzy!!! Your work is exceptional, and your talent for design undeniable...keep it up - crochet needs your classy touch! I hope to see MANY more doilies from you in the future. Anyone who hasn't purchased your designs must do so IMMEDIATELY! If you crochet, there's no excuse!!!!

Kathy, you so deserve that. Your doilies are simply amazing and you are a very talented lady. Congratulations to you. I have one of your books that I am drooling over and waiting for my schedule to open up so I can crochet some of your gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing your love of thread with the world Kathy.

Wow! That design is stunning! Congratulations!

I've often wondered how Annie's Attic decides what patterns to print. Are the original designers asked?

Real Deal

Wow! That design is stunning! Congratulations!

I've often wondered how Annie's Attic decides what patterns to print. Are the original designers asked?

Real Deal

I am the Original designer of these doilies. I submitted the designs to Annie's Attic and they chose to publish them.

I must take a moment and Thank all of you for your support. :hug It was the encouragement I got here that made me get up the courage to submit these designs in the 1st place. Not sure it would have happend otherwise. Thank you one and all for your faith in me, It truly helped :yes

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:applause:applause:applause:applause:applause

:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

:woo:woo:woo

ALL of your creations are so beautiful. What a talented lady you are. Keep up the great work.

Congratulations!:yay Not only are your doilies stunning, the fact that you can write the patterns in a way that is understood by others is amazing!! Does that make sense?:P

Congratulations Kathy! :clap The honor is well deserved as your doilies are always amazing in their beauty.

I just finished your "Topaz Temptation" from the October issue of Annie's Hooked on Crochet. As soon as I figure out how to block it I will post some pictures. This is going to my brother and his fiance for their wedding gift. :)

OH MY GOSH, "YOU" are THAT Kathy....the absolutely exquisite doilie Kathy???? WOW, I LUV your patterns. I sure hope you publish more!!!!!!

Congratulations on well deserved praise.

I'm like Papersmiles: I didn't know that you are that Kathy!! How cool is this (:clap)! You do such beautiful work (:cheer)! What a great gift God has given you (:yes)!

Archived