Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hey gang

I'm shutting down for the night too .

For those who sounded like they BELIEVED the lady actually went out and tried to VACUUM the snow up -- that was just me making up a goofy headline. I dont know of anyone who actually TRIED it,although we DO live in HICKSVILLE, so it wouldnt surprise me .

You all stay safe ,warm and dry with yarn,books and a good vat of Fuzzy Navels in the cooler,and we will all survive this together .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

It was a very long tiring day- I was in work by 7 and left at 7- just finished reading up on all the posts!

To everyone- stay safe and warm, and as we speak my phone is charging and my Nook was charged last night- My laptop is plugged in and my ipad is charging too!

Linda- thanks for the update on Kim- it seems like she'll be ok- and that's good news!

Dusti- Hope you had a great day with the kids today- that's great that they are doing community service- and just think in a few weeks you'll be in sunny, warm Hawaii!!! Lucky lady!!!

Wanda- I worry about my DD's too- even though they are all adults- stay safe and hoping she 'll get home ok. My DD doesn't get off till 11 - but nothing has started here yet.

Mary That's great that you had your last dentist appt for a while. And thanks for the link to the squares!!!

Judy- Enjoy your new quiltghan type book- I'm sure you'll be starting something soon!LOL

Julie- Glad that Cam came over for supper tonight- and hopefully he doesn't get the headaches too often!

Cindy- That's good that you are off Wed and Thursday- especially if that's when the brunt of the storm is going to hit.

Well, it's time to get something to eat- yes, this is ridiculous- eating at 8:30 at night- think I'll just have a yogurt or something!

See you in the AM

Joanne, you must be absolutely exhausted. All work and no play.......

Marisa, hope you feel better tomorrow. I'm not sure our weather will be as bad as the TV news says. That station is known for exaggerating. Time will tell.

Linda, rest must be what Kim needs. Hope every day is a little better for her.

Good night everyone.

Hello everyone. Freezing rain fell earlier today. That wasn't as bad as they predicted but now the snow is falling and I don't know what to expect out of that.

I'm at a point where I wish I didn't have to go in to work tonight. I'd rather stay home where it's warm and I can crochet. It was so dead at work tonight that they sent Harry home 2 hours early. He's glad though because it means that he can drive me to work instead of making me drive on those nasty streets. The parking lot out there is almost a solid sheet of ice.

Was going to crochet this morning when I got home but kept falling asleep. Finally, Harry turned off the movie I was trying to watch and told me to go to bed.

Of course, I haven't accomplished even one stitch in almost 24 hours. Been too tired and too worried about the weather.

Talk to you all later.

Good night ladies,

Joanne - I have a url address bar. I don't really know if I have a home screen since it just opens up with what I was doing last :think Good luck. You may get to work from home a day or two this week :xfin Too bad it's at the expense of the weather though :hug

Cindy - Thanks.

Shannon - :hi

Julie - :rofl

Hi Ladies,

Julie, I really enjoyed your poem/song. Hope Cam doesn't get the headaches very often.

Marisa, I forgot to mention your afghan. It's awesome! You did a great job picking out colors. Is is for you? Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Mary, Glad things went good at the dentist except for the wait. Thanks for sharing that link. She has some pretty stuff there.

Cindy, DD called tonight and she is suppose to get 10-16" of snow tomorrow. Tomorrow is her late shift. She just lives a couple of blocks from the mall but she has to go get Maya and that may be tricky. I'm going to have her call me when she gets home because I'll be worried all night about them.

Wanda, Hope DD has safe travels home.

Kiyo, Your slipper socks are to cool. Oh boy the big girl talk! They grow up fast don't they.

Dusti, That's great the school is teaching kids about community service. How was it working at the library? When it gets cold we through more quilts/throws on the bed. We usually put 4 on the bed and are nice and toasty. No afghan making for me until my hand heals up. I'm to slow at crocheting right now and it would take me 3 years at this speed. Not that I'm speedy, but I use to crochet a lot faster than I can now. In case you don't know I lost the use of my left hand. A neurosurgeon said it was caused by a viral infection and it effected the nerves and muscles in my hand. I am doing pt and it is helping me a lot.

Judy, Enjoy your afghan book. Glad sparkie is getting better.

Joanne, You have to be exhausted 8 days in a row and such a late day today. Here's a :hug hope it makes you feel better.

LeAnne, Your lucky you won't get this storm.

I had pt this morning then came back and did DD'S taxes for her. She did them online but thought she should get more back than she is so I double checked them for her. We have some ladies here that have made suncatchers using beads. So hubby decided he wanted to make the parrot. I have 3 different patterns for one and a neighbor has one hanging in her window and she let him borrow it as he wants to make his own pattern. He has frogged it twice. And both times I told him you only needed to take out one string not all of it. He'll figure it out. We played cards tonight. We only had 3 tables and usually have 4 or 5. So tonight went quickly. Maya has a caught a cold so her Mom stayed home with her today. Well I'm off for the night. Everyone be careful out there driving tomorrow and the rest of the week. Be warm and stay safe!

Hi House

Quick jump in ..Gonna be a tricky morning. Trying to talk Sam into calling off today --we have snow, sleet and ice on top ,and it is still pouring .He has a long drive to work,and it is making me a nervous wreck thinking of him driving in all that, but he isnt one to miss work for anything .

I am positive they will close the schools today,so not sure what Steph will choose to do. She is also a workaholic and never ever takes off unless she has no other alternative.

He job is in the same town as my Doc ,and I have an appointment there this morning. To GET to this town, it's only about 10 minutes, but it is one REALLY long hill, with a big curve at the bottom ,with a creek and a bridge.

It is REALLY scarey driving when the roads are slick ,so I dont know if she will try it today,and I'm not sure yet if I will either . My appointment is 10 .They open at 7:30 .

I may call and cancel as soon as they open. Not sure yet whether to keep the appointment so I can get it over with ,or reschedule it .

SO.. everything is up in the air . Not sure Sam will make it to work,but I KNOW he is gonna try -- he is already getting bathed and dressed . If school is cancelled, not sure what Steph will do ,but she may call for me to keep Cam .

Then I have to decide whether to try getting there ,and with Cam in the car, it makes my decision a LOT harder. I don't EVER wanna do anything that would cause him any harm or danger .

Anyhow, I am just rambling here. some of you who work and drive in all kinds of weather probably think this sounds stupid, but when you don't drive every day ,it is more scarey on days like this .

Everyone please stay safe ..this crappy storm sounds like a doozy and LOTS of us live in the affected area .

Good morning, peeps!

Well, there's a bit of ice around already this morning. It's atoss up whether of=r not my hairdresser will make it into work - I'm barly 3 minutes away fromthe place but she's a bit further. It's a noon appointment so lots of time to see how it all goes. My neighbors have been out and about...

Jules, I hope you and Sam stay safe today if you go out!:hug

Judy - I sure am keeping hydrated.....lots of water and hot tea :D Not so much now since I don't want to be up all night running to the bathroom :lol But surely all day long :yes

Try diluting some juice in the water, too - need those electrolytes (sp?)

Hi all,

It was a very long tiring day- I was in work by 7 and left at 7- just finished reading up on all the posts!

Yikes! too long a day, my friend!:hug

Judy- Enjoy your new quiltghan type book- I'm sure you'll be starting something soon!LOL

Oh, yes - there are a couple that would be great for stashbusting....:yes

Hello everyone. Freezing rain fell earlier today. That wasn't as bad as they predicted but now the snow is falling and I don't know what to expect out of that.

I'm at a point where I wish I didn't have to go in to work tonight. I'd rather stay home where it's warm and I can crochet. It was so dead at work tonight that they sent Harry home 2 hours early. He's glad though because it means that he can drive me to work instead of making me drive on those nasty streets. The parking lot out there is almost a solid sheet of ice.

Was going to crochet this morning when I got home but kept falling asleep. Finally, Harry turned off the movie I was trying to watch and told me to go to bed.

Of course, I haven't accomplished even one stitch in almost 24 hours. Been too tired and too worried about the weather.

Talk to you all later.

You need the sleep more than anything else:yes

Have agood day everyone!

Hi Jude

Be careful if you go out .Sounds like the worst piece of the storm hasnt hit there yet . We are in the "dry" stage. Been watching the weather lady all morning,and we got a small storm, then we have a short spell with nothing (now),then the big kahuna is hitting next .

Sam made it to work, and Steph did also, so if they both made it, I will try it too .

Steph told me which parts of the road are worst,so I will know what parts to be most careful on .

Our town had school cancelled, but there is a daycare a block from her work that takes the bigger kids like Cam on snow days ... they let them watch a movie or play video games . He has a cousin here in town who is one year younger, so Steph usually takes them both over there together on days like this . She said since I had Cam here the last 2 evenings, she didnt want to ask me again today ,plus she knew I had a Dr appt

Anyhow, the car is warming up and I'm ready to go out and try it ..Gonna give myself lots of time to get there ,

Catch you all later --

Good morning ladies :hi

Pretty quiet in here so far. I woke up and laid in bed reading a bit to finish my book :clap Came down ate some bfast, just scrambled eggs and toast....so far so good :yes Maryann was getting ready to leave for work thinking she was late, that it was an early day and I text her back asking where she was going that it was tuesday :rofl Gave me a good laugh.

Marlene - Thanks and I'm not sure yet if I'm keeping the afghan. I really do like it so if I give it away it would go to my friend Anna that lives in hershey. When I was visiting over the new year I was showing her pics and she saw that one (well, all the squares were just laying, but not joined) and she just absolutely loved it, no mistaking that reaction. :think I hope dd stays safe and that Maya feels better.

Julie - Well, did you go to your dr appt this morning? Did Sam go to work? What about Steph? Where is Cam? Wow....you left me with alot of questions while trying to decide what you were doing today :lol

Judy - Definitely need those electrolytes :yes I tend to drink the Propel water when I'm not feeling well for that precise reason :h5 Do you know about your hair appt yet, or is it too early?

I hope everyone has a good day and please be careful if leaving your houses :hug :hug :hug

Hello everyone. I just want you all to know that I am thinking of all of you that have to deal with the ongoing snow adventure. My heart is with you all.

We have freezing temps, but they are not suppose to last much past tomorrow...although really what is going on is that we have freezing temps at night, during the day, the temps are in the upper 30's, lower 40's range.

I'm up way too early today. Woke at 4:00 and couldn't get back to sleep so finally gave up and got up around 5:30, showered and have gotten started on my day. Tuesdays are my busy day because it's when I have my Bible Study in the morning and Chorale rehearsal at night. I missed last week's rehearsal because I just wasn't feeling 100%. So now, I've printed out my rehearsal notes and will curl up on the futon upstairs and listen to the cd and mark my music, and I'll be somewhat caught up on my Chorale homework...

I've been getting this magazine from Great Britain called "In Crochet" and the latest issue has this really nice, quick and simple hooded scarf that I just had to start (like I need another project...) Anyway, as of last night, it's half done...

Yesterday, Hub-E and I spent over 6 hours upstairs dealing with stuff...that's gonna be our Monday thing now...because Mondays are traditionally my office/computer day and my "office" is really upstairs, that makes it easier to get upstairs, deal with office stuff and also deal with other stuff as well...

Linda who does rubberstamping...guess what, I have a box, the rubber stamps are unpacked and this week I'll finally be going through them and getting said box ready for YOU! Only took what, 6 months or more...

So, need to go deal with my Chorale notes...talk to you later and hope you all have a decent day, even if you still have the snow and ice to content with. Last year I worried about Hub-E 'cause he had to deal with massive snow storms while living in Virginia...it's so good to have him home.

Good morning everyone. It's overcast, windy, and gloomy here today. Kim had a good night and is still sleeping. I'll be getting her up in about 40 minutes and then our morning routine will start.

Everyone in the path of the storm please take it easy if you're out on the roads and stay inside, safe and warm if you can.

Staying home sounds like a great choice to me, Julie. Especially since you may have Cam with you.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) We are officially iced in with 12* and 40-50 mph winds. :wbrr About 2 inches of ice with a little snow on top...with thunder and lightning earlier! DH is already driving me nuts. :lol He was supposed to go to Houston this a.m.

Linda ~ I'm so glad Kim had a good night. :yes

LeAnna ~ Sounds like a busy day for you. Enjoy!

I will check in later after I sort laundry, etc. Stay warm, everyone. :manyheart

Judy - Definitely need those electrolytes :yes I tend to drink the Propel water when I'm not feeling well for that precise reason :h5 Do you know about your hair appt yet, or is it too early?

I hope everyone has a good day and please be careful if leaving your houses :hug :hug :hug

Good - about the propel water.:yes

No cancellation on the hair appointment - yet:)

Jules, I hope you made it to your appt ok....

Mary - that ice sounds like what I remember from my very first ice storm in St. Louis! Ick! stay cozy and safe.

Off to hook for a bit and have laundry going. Charge up my Nook and this netbook i'm at, so the phone is last, and will do that this afternoon.

See the theme: power outages aren't uncommon...:P Fingers crossed it doens't happen.

BBL

Super:kettle WARM :mug thoughts to all of you in the throes of this winter storm. Keep checking-in with us, and be careful out there :ghug. It's a little ironic that those of us that are usually in the weather-making "eye" of things (Leanna, Kiyo, me...) are not facing extreme conditions this time around :think We're thinking of you, though.

Linda ~ Glad to read the update on Kim. I hope today is just as smooth for all of you. Five weeks is not that long to wait until your quilting expo -- what a great 'carrot at the end of the string' for getting through this winter.

Mary ~ I am listening to the weather reports saying that DFW airport is closed. That's going to cause a lot of headaches for the football fans this week... I love that blog to which you posted the link, yesterday. What a creative lady. I have already started bookmarking her square patterns, and the coaster with hearts looks great, too. Thank you for passing that along.

Marlene ~ Three to four quilts on the bed sounds about right on a winter night :lol I do the same thing, here. I knew you were attending PT for your hand, but I must have jumped in after the other ladies knew your diagnosis. :hugand hoping the PT allows you to continue to crochet and increase the use of your left hand. How is your DH's beading project coming in the light of a new day? A perfectionist, is he? How great that he has patience to start over when it does not look the way he wants it to.

Wanda ~ Hope you hold on to the power in your house. Everything we have here is electric, too. I would be doing the same thing -- charging up the essentials, just in case the power lines go down. Stay safe! Did your DD stop at your house last night? Or, were the roads alright to drive all of the way home?

Shannon ~ Glad your DH was able to drive you to work last night? Did you have many customers, once you were there? Snow on top of the freezing rain is nasty! Rest if you can, today. It sounds as though you need it.

Julie ~ Ohhh, I am thinking of you, as you are on your way to your dr.'s appointment, now. Did you make it down the hill, around the corner, and over the river? I am praying that you did :hug

Kiyo ~ Your flip-flop slippers looks so cool. Don't your hands just ache as you poke the holes through the soles? I have had a fleece blanket sitting in my living room for over two weeks, because it hurts me too much to poke the holes through that material before I can crochet an edge. I cannot even imagine going through thick foam :ohdear Looks like a great project for you, though, and you are so quick at the pattern. Way to go :clap I have been gradually having the same big girl chats with Kyri over the past couple of weeks. She is just shy of 9.5 years old, but we needed to go out and purchase some sports bras and deodorant. My 6-yr-old thinks the latter is sooooo cool, and she wanted her own scent, too. What can it hurt?! :lol And, yes, Kyri is just as proud of her "pretties" as Aree is. Funny girls. I KNOW I never thought about any of these issues until the summer after 5th grade, and my mum, bless her heart, never said, "Boo!" about any women's topics. Ai-yi-yi :blush It isn't a smooth road, but you are handling the topics beautifully with Aree. I wish you were closer, so you could give me some pep talks for working with Kyri, too :hug I'll be your cheering section from a-far as we face the teen years together :wink

Joanne ~ hang in there. You sound as though you are getting worn out with your work schedule this week. Did you bring work home, or did you have to go in, today? I hope you slept well and were able to re-charge your internal batteries for another day in paradise. See you upon your return home.

Cindy ~ What is the snowfall amount up your way? You do not have the blasted cold that we do (-36* this a.m.), too, do you? Bundle up :wcold

Marisa ~ I wonder what is up with your tummy :think I sure hope it is feeling better, today. Thanks for asking about our service project at the library. The students did so much work in such a short amount of time, I was impressed. Honestly, the librarians were not well-prepared, and we could tell that they were just pulling piddly projects out-of-thin-air to keep the students busy, but IF they had planned better, the children could have been really effective :yes. The contact with whom I spoke chose to take a long lunch hour and did not return to the library until our students were putting their jackets and snowpants on. Odd :huh I do not think the students realized they were only doing busy-work, but I wish they could have had more to do... We had groups of two sorting/organizing the books in the children's section by author's last name, a couple of students bringing books on a cart from the book drop to the main desk to be returned to circulation, and then a couple of groups of students folding newsletters and preparing folders for an upcoming workshop. We were finished within an hour, and we had allotted 1-3/4 hours for the project, so.... One of the teachers gave a quick intro to the Dewey Decimal System, I read a story out loud, and the other teacher took a group to dust the heat registers and use Windex on the entry doors. I think the teachers will look for an alternate service site the next time they do this project. It WAS good for the students, and they took their tasks seriously, so it was a good experience in the end.

Today, Annika and I are scheduled to get our hair cut after school. She has not been to a salon since she was 4 and cut off her waist-length hair by herself :angryI think a modified bob cut would be cute, but she does not want her hair to even be long enough to brush her jaw bones, so we'll see what she chooses when the scissors are poised to cut. Stay tuned. I want to do our taxes this morning, since I finally received all of the statements for which I was waiting. I expect my morning to go quickly. I am in the process of felting my very first purse; it's riding around in the hot water this morning. Needless to say, I am a tad nervous. I hope it looks as cute as I am picturing...

Talk to you later. Have a good, safe Tuesday!

Hey Marisa

I hope your stomach shapes up -- that is no fun having a bad stomach . Ruins the thought of food ....which is one of the great enjoyments in life . ( to me anyhow ! )

LeAnna

sounds as if you are slowly getting things more organized and sorted. That's always a good feeling to get things put where they need to go and eliminating items you dont use or need anymore .

You must have a beautiful singing voice, to be in all the choral events in your church .When I was a teenager, I was in our church choir, but we attended a VERY small little white country church with about 30 members on a good week. They were all elderly people, and either deaf or close to it,so I could sing at the top of my lungs and no one knew how bad I sounded ! Kinda like a cross between a bullfrog and a dog with his tail slammed in the door .

Linda

It's very good to hear that things sound almost back to normal there again. I can almost hear the relief in your posts. Must have been a scarey time !

Dusti

I hope your little girl picks out a cute new look. I bet she will look cute, no matter what .

I know exactly what you mean about her chopping her hair off long ago . Our girl did that too,when she was maybe 5 or 6 .. My sister is a hairdresser or whatever you call them people. I am the opposite. I wash my hair and comb it once daily,and I am done .

I could honestly go without a mirror and never miss it .

Anyhow, my sister had just given our girl the cutest haircut for school starting the next day,and she got the bright idea to "cut just a little more off the front " ,and chopped her bangs totally off .

I about busted a blood vessel -- anyplace else on her head wouldnt have been quite as noticeable, but with bangs looking like a marine ,it was VERY bad looking .

Now comes the WORST part of the story :

I blew a gasket when I saw her hair,and asked her what happened to it,and she proceeded to tell me that her and Gina ( her friend across the street ) were playing beauty shop,and Gina did it .

So, I went storming across the road and chewed out Gina's mom for not keeping an eye on them while they were at her house playing .... chewed out the mom BIG TIME .

Now ...........................

Here comes the moral of the story ,which my entire life is filled with . It's actually very interesting to me to sit back and THINK about how many times I have blown up at someone and let 'em have it, then LIFE turns right around and smacks the daylight out of me .

After storming back across the street, blowing smoke the whole way, our girl proceeds to tell me the REAL truth,and that SHE had cut her bangs off herself while they were playing beauty shop !

So,back across the street I go to apologize, yanking our girl along for the ride ,to apoligize for getting her friend in trouble.

The same WEEK , I had just planted flowers all along our front walk .Went out the next day,and they were all GONE .

Not pulled out or dug up, but CUT OFF .

So, I ask the family-- have any of you noticed anyone messing around with my flowers I just planted ? Of course ,they all say NOPE ..THEY didnt do it, but the 4 boys on our street did ( all 4 about 12,and the hillbilly versions of juvenile delinquents. )

So, I go to EACH house on the street,chewing out the parents.

Come home and our boy ( Cam's dad ) spills the beans . He decided to TRIM the flowers,and chopped them all off at the stem,right at ground level .

SO.................back out I go to apologize to the 4 boy's families .

I THINK what I was supposed to learn was to quit chewing out the neighbors and keep my TRAP shut, but I havent really HEEDED that ..I STILL open my mouth,chew people out (sometimes deserved,sometimes not ) ...but at least I KNOW the lesson, I just don't FOLLOW it .

As you can all see I made it home in one piece --spent an hour with my doc, telling her my latest stupidness with my body .... she has such a difficult time with me ... I am one of those "in rare instances, this drug will cause the patient to have one eyeball fall out ,and one leg grow too long",so she is constantly trying to find meds that will work without killing me .

Pretty discouraging -- the money I have spent on DRUGS, should have kept them all and set up a "lemonade" stand on the corner ,and made enough cash to go to Disney World .

Anyhow, I have a new pile to try ,which the pharmacy had to order some they dont have . The bill is 200 bucks WITH INSURANCE .

I asked the pharmacist if they sold ski masks and plastic guns in the store,and which bank in their town had the OLDEST and SLOWEST tellers ...

Knowing MY luck,the bank will get robbed today and I will be wearing handcuffs by morning .

alright, I am done yapping ...

Stop in later ---

**GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON LADIES** Hope you are all safe that are battling this crazy weather! Geeee whizzle.......Dusti---you are right- we are usually the eye of the storm spots out here and it's freezing like all get out but haven't seen any moisture in a a few weeks. I can take the snow, I haaaaate when it's a frozen tundra!

Sooo----update on Noelle (my old dog) I figured out why she quit wagging her tail and didn't act right.......I'm NOT a vetranarian by any means.....but I think she had a massive case of constipation! YIKES----yesterday after work, I went home and was outside with her and walking around etc, and BOOM, she did her duty and did her duty like no other and took off running and wagging afterwards. Hmmmmm- I busted out laughing cuz it was like a TOTALLY diff. dog! She's still great this morning.

Dusti----I'm no pro about the MOM talks- but my Mom was always pretty cool about everything and I'm a very open person and where Aree is an only child and she's like my shadow, I figured she better feel like she can talk to me. etc. She's not too interested in the sports bras though, i do know that lol. She wants the PRETTY ones! (needless to say she's a major tom boy most of the time)

Linda--glad to hear Kim is doing better and she's home!

Julie and Cindy--You're gonna love my surprise doily! lol

Marissa- get feeling well soon- maybe try some peppermint tea and see if it soothes anything.

Hello to everyone else! hugs to you all!

Well- I better be off, the weather is reaking havoc w/ all my trucks out yonder and this job never sleeps! Soooo- I'm here on and off!

Kiyo

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to laugh about your dog,but I can''t help myself .... you'd have to be from HERE to get it .

Our little hillbilly town, it doesnt take much to entertain us or make us chuckle.

I'm sure your poor dog was miserable, but the way you told it was so funny !!!

Looking forward ( I THINK ) to your "DOILY" .

JULIE------YOU KILLLLL ME!!! Karma honey, Karma.....you better be careful! lol I get my cup of coffee and love reading your stuff! who can't read it without cracking a smile. I'd be the neighbor that met you out on the steps to say...........uhhhhh----you know the truth NOW eh???? hmmmmm good thing God says to "FORGIVE" :P) (it's ok, my Mom tells me I should go to forgiveness classes) lol

Kiyo

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to laugh about your dog,but I can''t help myself .... you'd have to be from HERE to get it .

Our little hillbilly town, it doesnt take much to entertain us or make us chuckle.

I'm sure your poor dog was miserable, but the way you told it was so funny !!!

Looking forward ( I THINK ) to your "DOILY" .

~Honey~

You laugh all you want because I did! I couldn't get to my phone fast enough to call my mom and tell her. I was SOOOOO worried about her and then POOF, when that happened I was crying I was laughing so flippin hard! sHE WAS a TOTALLY diff. dog. Explains why her belly felt like it was going to explode too! lol. Her nose was still wet and moist so I didn't know what to think!

Kiyo

It's a good thing I have met lots of forgiving people in my life .. They could teach me a thing or 2 ...

I'm just a mouthy,moody person,and honestly REALLY crabby and hard to get along with.

I am BRUTALLY honest and like living with a volcano .

Good thing my husband is so laid back, he is laying down . He is my exact opposite .

If we were both alike, we would have been married about 10 minutes .

Kiyo

POOF

and BOOM !!!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

More like KA-BOOM! lol My poor neighbors thought for sure i was building a volcano! and it's freeeeeezing so it was steaming

Oh, Julie. You are a stitch! :lol :lol :lol

Oh, Kiyo, I'll bet he feels sooooooo much better. :lol :lol :lol

Kim's appetite isn't good yet. I coaxed her into eating a little of her lunch or Macaroni and 3 cheeses by feeding it to her in little bites, but she sure didn't eat anywhere near as much as usual. I managed to trim the fingernails on her left hand, too, and that was a royal battle. So you can see that she is getting some of her fiestiness back, which is a very good thing. She's still very, very tired and sleeping a lot. I think this is going to be a slow recovery. She's been a really sick little cookie. Both puppies are soooo glad to have her home. They take turns getting attention from her and get it whenever they can.

Back from the hairdresser...and back to my simple bob.:)

Linda, poor Kim...I'm sure you'll get her through this...:hug

Kiyo - that is exactly how Sparkie behaves after he goes. Whips his tail in the air and FLIES across the yard to come back inside. If he could smile I know he would:lol

Jules...I sure hope these meds help you. Our insurance is good with meds....but our premium just went up a bit and the benefits in other areas went down:think

Marisa, my book club did Huck Finn...and I didn't read it. I started it but couldn't get into it at all. Maybe you'll have better luck.

BBL!

Archived