Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

HI EVERYONE. sorry I have not been posting. Got hooked on Frontierville. Had to say howdy since I came back for HELP on Indian chief doll. (Posted in help section)

Julie: Love the little heart doily. You pattern or where??

Hope everyone is weathering the winter. I don't go out unless it is very important. About 5 or 6 times since Thanksgiving. I am tired of looking out and seeing snow and temps in the single digits. Ready for spring for sure. You all take care.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI EVERYONE. sorry I have not been posting. Got hooked on Frontierville. Had to say howdy since I came back for HELP on Indian chief doll. (Posted in help section)

Julie: Love the little heart doily. You pattern or where??

Hope everyone is weathering the winter. I don't go out unless it is very important. About 5 or 6 times since Thanksgiving. I am tired of looking out and seeing snow and temps in the single digits. Ready for spring for sure. You all take care.

Its been a while hasn't it. Hope you are doing well.

heart doily pattern

Sounds great Cindy

Here is a dishcloth I did last night and my little heart doily .

Very pretty, Julie.

John called a bit ago. Kim had a good afternoon. If she does well tonight and tomorrow morning, it looks like she'll be coming home tomorrow afternoon. We are going to be getting oxygen to have on hand here at home but she doesn't have to have it all the time. Want to get clear guidelines from the doctor on when to use it and at what setting.

I'm going to give Sweet Pea a bath and then soak in the tub for a while I think. And an early bedtime, too.

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Good evening!

Here it is almost 8PM and I'm just signing in!!! :eek Another LONG day in Paradise. And it took me an hour to get home!! I hate Friday traffic!!! But on a happier note, I was nominated for employee of the year at work- I didn't win- There were 10 of us nominated by our respective bosses and of course there can only be one winner! But all of us that were nominated received a check for $500 minus taxes of course-:lol But it was nice and I was honored that my current boss thought that much of me and my work. I'm going to be sad when this project is done at the end of March and I have to go back to the dept where I came from. I don't want to think about it, cause it kind of bums me out.

So on to happier things....love the little outfit Kiyo- and if you don't stop in, and see this Monday- safe skiiing!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY:bday:cake:birthday Sounds like a good day with a visit from Luke!! Hope you are enjoying your evening.

Julie- Love the heart doily and the dishcloth! You did a great job on the doily- and you are right---it does look more like a coaster- but a very pretty one at that!!!

Dusti= Only a few more weeks and you'll be in sunny HI!! So jealous!!!!

Judy- Glad to hear Sparkie is feeling better- but I laughed about being the drama queen- or should I say KING?

Cheeria- I hear you about the snow. I'm so sick of it!!! It's flurrying now- but don't think anything will come of it- at least I hope so. Glad the 12th works for you!!!

Marisa- Hope you have some yummy birthday :cake at the game tonight! I like snow too, just not the shoveling! I would be very content if I didn't have to go out in it and could just watch it from the comforts of my chair with a good book or crochet in hand. But, alas, I will probably be working till I die!

Cindy- Sorry you had a rough day- but at least you are off for the weekend. Sloppy Joe's sound good. I came home, walked in the door about 10 to 7 and DH was cooking sausage and peppers and onions. Boy was it good! He even had some coffee ready for me. :manyheart

Linda- Continuing to keep Kim in my prayers. Take care of yourself and rest up while you can!

Shannon- My perfect craft room would have built in shelves, a nice table, a sewing machine (don't have one of those) and lots of yarn and good lighting and a comfy chair and ottoman.

I received a square in the mail today from Turtlelvr which was very nice -now with Judy's square, and this one, I have 4 squares that I can now add to my friendship ghan! When, who knows, I can barely stay awake to crochet-!:lol

Off to do a little crocheting before drifting off to la la land. See you all in the morning!

Linda- That's good news- and I'll keep Kim in my prayers that she has a good night and can come home tomorrow afternoon.

That soaking in the tub sounds like a great idea!! Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Thanks Cindy. Think I will make one in thread and see if it makes a coaster. I'm doing OK.

I made mine is size 3 thread with a C hook, and it is just over 5 inches in diameter. It's slightly larger than my coasters, but it will work great with a wider bottom mug.

Hi Wanda !

So good to see you ! I'm glad you came in and hope you drop in again often !

Cindy

Thanks ! - the dishcloth wass from the Priscilla Hewitt patterns-- they say 5 textured dishcloths, I think it was called -- they are all 5 together. This one was the first one .

We can start on the square doily any time you feel ready .

Linda

Thank you ,and I'm glad you guys heard some good news about Kim. I hope she continues to feel better and stronger each day .

Joanne

Congrats on your nomination ! That is exciting,and 500 bucks sounds great to me !

Sorry you had such a rough drive and long week this week .

Hi Ladies,

Mary, :birthday Hope you

had a wonderful day! Today is my Ma's birthday to and sunday is my MIL'S birthday.

Linda, Hope Kim has a good night and morning tomorrow.

Julie, Nice poem and dishcloth. The heart doily is really pretty! I printed out the pattern and make give it a try in yarn or cotton. Have to see what I brought with me.

Cindy, Enjoy the weekend!

Kiyo, Enjoy your weekend and have fun skiing if that is what you do. Cute baby outfit!

Joanne, Congrats on being nominated!

LeAnna, Your muffins sound yummy!

Dusti, What did you bake in the oven today?

Wanda, Hi! Long time no see.

Today I did laundry and took my crocheting with me and worked on Maya's scarf. I think it is to long so Iam going to stop. Crocheting and laundry sure did give my hand/wrist a workout. I don't think I will crochet when I have laundry to do.

Tonight we went up to the club house for bean bag baseball. It was a lot of fun. We make teams up from the different states that people are from. We had 2 Michigan teams, 2 Wisconsin teams, 1 Missouri team, 1 Ohio/NY team. We didn't make it to the playoffs but we had fun.

I need to hit the bed I'm quite tired tonight. No meals tomorrow so I could sleep in but probably won't. Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi Marlene

How are you doing ? Sounds like you are enjoying your time on vacation ! I bet Maya misses you and will be glad when you get home .

What is beanbag baseball , is it just like regular baseball or has different rules ?

Take it easy on your wrist and arm --don't overdo it !

Thanks for checking in with us and have a good weekend .

Hi to everyone else --

I guess I will be here alone today . Cam has a playmate there today ,so will be home entertaining him today ,but will be here tomorrow to spend the day with us .

Sam has a geocaching event today that his club is throwing for the others . They have one each winter on the last weekend of January ,so he will be gone all day to that .

So it's just me,myself and I . Same as any other weekday .

I think I'll try to finish a book today and get a start on the square doily .It looks easy,so we shall see .

I also plan on making another dishcloth,so will pick out another pattern to try today for that.

Hope you all have a good weekend .

Good morning!

I didn't get much of anything done last evening. I did two more rows on my scarf- so you know that's not alot- and then went to bed. Up and at em again early this morning for another day in Paradise. Don't have to be in until 8 and so I don't have to leave until 7:30 since there won't be any traffic! I'll probably do a quick dusting/vacuuming before heading out the door. Or maybe not:lol

Marlene- Enjoy your day of no cooking today! And yes, please take it easy with your wrist- note to you- no laundry and crocheting on the same day:lol

Linda- Hoping that Kim had a good night and that she'll get to come home today.

Julie- I joined Tam's Dishcloth CAL too- I have a lot of cotton yarn that is screaming to be made into dishcloths or potholders.

Judy and Cheeria- The S word is in the forecast again for today:bang:sigh Hopefully not alot!!! Have a good day- and Judy- hope Sparkie is continuing to do well!!!

Marisa- Hope you had fun at the game, despite their blowing a large lead only to lose. :( Did you have :cake? I know Julie will want to know:lol

Cindy- Have a nice relaxing day off today- can you tell I'm jealous? Because I am!:lol

Well, my friends in the House----hope you all have a good day:hug

Good morning, peeps!

Linda, I hope Kim comes home today:hugTG you were a nurse - I can't picture anyone else being able to care for her:yes

Sounds great Cindy

Here is a dishcloth I did last night and my little heart doily .

Very pretty!! I haven't done it yet.

I made mine is size 3 thread with a C hook, and it is just over 5 inches in diameter. It's slightly larger than my coasters, but it will work great with a wider bottom mug.

Sounds perfect! I might make it and give it to a friend in the neighborhood - a perfect place for her to set down her mug of tea.

Good morning everyone.

Joanne, hope your work day goes well. Don't be too jealous, starting in April, I will be working every third weekend. Of course, I get an extra day off during the week to make up for it.

Julie, I don't think I have enough size 3 thread to make that square doily so

I'm thinking of trying it with size 10. If that is too difficult, I will have to wait until I get out to Michaels to do it. Don't feel like you have to wait for me though to get started.

Marlene, all that activity in Texas makes me tired just to read about it. I'm surprised you have any time to crochet or do laundry.

Good morning, Judy.

Joanne, congrats on getting that award at work!!!:cheer

And Sparkie still favors the leg coming down the stairs and is slower than usula getting up from laying down. He does still jump on the bed...and walks off it (yes, walks off - he's so big, the goof) with no apparent trouble. I think it's still a wait and see before any thought of taking him to the vet. Most of the day he's fine.

The sun is out, and we only had about an inch or two of S last night. Looking forward to getting out for our Saturday (early) dinner! Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate.

I also made a hair appointment for Tuesday... scheduling an appointment that far in advance definitely shows my optimistic side:lol

CU all later!

Judy, we are going over to DD's tonight, but the rest of the day will be occupied with laundry, housework and crafting.

Julie, I found two huge balls of size 5 thread, so I am ready to start on that doily. According to the About.com site, I should use a size D hook with size 5 thread. I used a C with the size 3, and thought it seemed about right, so I think a D would be too big for size 5. I will try the C with it.

Here is last nights dishcloth and my little heart doily.

The dishcloth is this pattern . I have used this stitch before in a baby blanket, and I've also seen a shawl pattern that uses it. I think it was called the forget me not stitch in the blanket pattern. At any rate it is not original to this pattern, but it really makes a nice dishcloth. I had to shrink it down a bit, because I wanted to use only one skein of yarn.

My dishcloth is 9 1/2 inches square, including a sc border all around.

My doily is just a bit over 5 inches in diameter.

post-6189-135897622005_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13589762201_thumb.jpg

Morning guys

Joanne

I'm sure I missed you by a long shot,so wont say have a good day at work,since you are already there, so I will say Glad you are home -so you will get this when you get back tonite .

Jude

Hate that you are getting more snow -- we got more overnight too,but maybe only an inch or 2 .. Glad your pup is seeming to slowly improve .

Hi Cindy

Sounds great that you found a hook and thread that will work for the square doily. Your little heart one and dishcloth both turned out pretty !

Good day everyone :hi

Well, my sixers lost last night :eek Started of in the lead although there really was no game until the 4th quarter and then the other team started to play, but mine just didn't look like they got the memo that they were playing :think:lol

Yesterday was much better than thursday. We had vanilla cake with vanilla icing and blue decorations and writing. Mary got some balloons of course :yes Today we went out shopping and for brunch. My bro finally switched the costco membership for me and we went to get Mary's new phone for only $20 :clap:yay (it costs $150 at at&t, amazing :eek ) Picked up a few items there and went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. Stopped at Petsmart, I needed filter inserts to clean the turtles and Mary needed cat food and litter :yes Then where did I go and buy myself a bday gift :think Barnes and Noble and yep, y'all guessed it!!!! A NOOK :yay I called my mom from the car and told her I just left B&N, so she knew what I had :lol Since I've been debating for about 3-4 months now :think So, the lady told me that I can use up to 6 devices with my account so I'm going to set up the nook software on my mom's ipad and link it to my account and we'll have the same library :idea Instead of her having a separate account and doing the 'lending' thing :yes

So now that's plugged up and charging, I have a load of laundry in the washer and I think I'm going to go ahead and get those turtles cleaned before getting caught up in anything. I was going to wait til the morning, but I think I'll just get the job done :yes Last night I got the 1st round of border to the bernat ghan :clap And tomorrow we have another sixers game.

Mary - belated :birthday What quilt ghan are you making?

Peaches - Did you select a sampler quilt ghan pattern yet?

Judy - Glad to hear that Sparkie's no worse, is he getting any better though?

Dusti - I wish I was going to Hawaii too, I've been there once :D

Julie - Nice work on the dishcloth and doily, how'd you make out with the yarn?

Kiyo - Very cute baby outfit and have fun skiing

Joy - :yay for finishing the cribs

Linda - Glad to hear Linda had a better day and :xfin that she continues to be well enough to come back home soon :hug :hug :hug

LeAnna - :hi

Cheeria - My parking lot is the same way here :eek Sounds like you're having a ball with the weaving.

Cindy - Did you have a sloppy joe for me? I wasn't able to make it over :( Nice work on the dishcloth and doily.

Wanda - :hi

Joanne - :yay for your employee of the year nomination :clap:cheer I love sausage, peppers, and onions :drool

Marlene - You are having so much fun and doing so many different activities :yes

BBL

Archived