Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thanks, Joanne and Marlene.

Cindy------i am sorry to say it but i freakin love it!!!!! What are your colors??? You can send it to me in trade for MY DOILY!!!!

Thanks, but I'm too old for your doily!!!

My dd likes it too. Must be a young thing.

It's bright green, taupe, cream, blue and a variegated that has green, blue, brown, and cream in it.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlene- Sorry to hear Maya has a double ear infection, but I'll bet with the meds, she'll be feeling like her self in no time.

Have fun at the card game tonight- and stay warm!!!! That's so wierd that you are colder than Alaska. We're supposed to hit 40 degrees on Sunday- but the weatherman said not to get used to it, because the temps are going to drop again!!! I'd settle for sunshine, 30's and melting snow!

It's bright green, taupe, cream, blue and a variegated that has green, blue, brown, and cream in it.

I like it too- love the color combo----so I guess I'm young too!!!:yes

Good evening ladies :hi

Work was of course crazy busy yet again, one of the downfalls to being slow with the weather last week :think I hope tomorrow's not too bad since the other doc is off :xfin

I might try the sleeve one more time by just starting to crochet from the shoulder out in rounds, like I've done with all my other sleeves and see if it will look and better, if not.....a vest it'll be :lol My mom laughed at me :blush

Julie - I never feel caught up either :think You're right, just when you think you are..... Anyway, I picked up a CAKE today for the chinese new year and it was a layer of vanilla with a layer of chocolate on either side and a not so sweet buttercream icing :drool It was excellent....pricey but worth it :lol

Dusti - I can't wait to see the pinwheel sweater in the ww yarn ;) I think I'd like to make one but not so sure I have the patience to use the sock yarn :nworthy Your cheesecake sounds yummy!!!

Linda - I can smell your banana bread from here I think :think:lol WTG on your stockings and getting your hair colored :D

Mary - It must be weird to see sledding there :think

Kiyo - Glad we could share our snow with you....for a minute there I didn't think we'd have enough to share, but alas we found a bit to send your way ;) I prefer Salsa to the ChaCha ;)

Cindy - :cheer:yay:clap:bounce WTG getting your ghan finished and it's awesome!!! I love the colors (green IS my fav) :woo Glad I was able to inspire you to push you to the finish line :h5:hug

Marlene - I sure hope the meds help Mays ear infections heal up quickly :xfin:hug :hug :hug Have fun at the card game and keep warm out of all that sleet :yes

Joanne - Only 1 day left, you can do it, you can do it :cheer :cheer :cheer Surprising how some extra yarn just 'jumped' into your cart at ACM :lol I'm hungry too, need to go find something light since it's so late already :think

Its finished!!!:clap:clap:clap Its not as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm not crazy about it. I did a SC border around all the squares before I sewed them together, and finished with a round of SC, followed by a round of reverse HDC. My pictures are lousy. I probably should have waited for better light to take them.

I love the colors and think it looks great! :clap :clap :clap

Hi Ladies,

DD took Maya to the doctor today and she has a double ear infection. She has 2 medicines to take.

The news just said it is colder in Texas than it is in Alaska. What's up with that?

Hope Maya is feeling better very soon. Texas colder than Alaska! :think

It's almost the end of the never-ending work week Tomorrow will be day 12 in a row of work!

Stopped at ACM on the way home and picked up the yarn I needed to finish up the flannel'ghan....and of course----a few more skeins of Vanna's jumped into my cart- Honestly- they just jumped in:lol:lol

:)

Yay for a weekend off after tomorrow! Funny how those pesky things just jump in your cart when you're not looking. :lol :lol

I'm heading downstairs now. Have a good evening. :manyheart

I had eggwhites with cheese, peppers and mushrooms and a 110 calorie bagel (made by Thomas- they are thin- and really do taste good) and then did 3 blocks on my flannel'ghan- my shoulder is a little achy so I'm going to stop for tonight!

Cindy- I had a text today from Judy- telling me that the renovated Starbucks where Marisa, Cheeria, Judy and I meet up has a new long table !

Marisa- Crossing fingers you have an easy day tomorrow. Good luck with the re-attempt on the sleeves- I still think a vest is fine, though!!!!

Linda--It IS funny how yarn just has a way of making its way into my cart!!!!

Have a good rest of the evening everyone see you in the AM!

Morning ladies

Cindy

Good job completing your afghan ! I know how much you hate doing the sewing. I think it turned out pretty .Love the greens and browns together .

Linda and Kiyo

I think I'll sit this one out -- you 2 go ahead with your dancing. I 'll just sit in the audience and watch .

Kiyo

I never heard of the game Slap Your Neighbor, but one time we had one I would have liked to slap .

Joanne

Do you finally get some days off now this weekend ? I hope -- my gosh, this must have worn you out !

Also, I saw the new thread for the flannelghan squares, I THINK is how they make them ?

That looks like a neat idea too !

Marlene

Sorry little Maya is sick. Those ear infections are mighty painful. Cam has had a gazillion of them,and 3 surgeries to replace the tubes in his ears . I keep hoping he will grow out of it soon .

Don't freeze up down there with no fuel to stay warm !

Marisa

Wondering how your sweater dilemma is working out ?

Also, I heard from Jude and everything is okey dokey --me and her sometimes take a few days off in here-- kinda like a tag team ...she had some things needing done ,so I guess she figured she'd get more accomplished if she stays off here til they are complete . I can sure see her point. Sometimes I turn this on in the morning ,and spend all morning on here,so I have to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER --GET YOUR BUNS OUT OF THAT CHAIR . THE LAUNDRY NEEDS DONE,DISHES, SUPPER, GROCERIES TO BUY ...

This place is really addicting .

Also, you are a good inspiration . Now why didnt I think of getting a cake to celebrate the Chinese New Year ?

Good idea !!

Good morning and TGIF!!!!!! Finally it's here- the 12 day work marathon will be over in a few hours and I've got the weekend off!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Today is Go Red for Women Day in support of heart disease awareness for women- so wear RED today!!!

Running a tad late this morning- so no time for individual responses---but MAKE IT A GOOD DAY!!! And I'll see you all later!!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

TGIF!!!!!!

Julie - I looked at the sweater again this morning and it may not be too bad :think I'll do up the other arm the same way and see what the outcome is :think Glad to hear that Judy is alright, I miss her posts :yes And I only thought about the cake because the other doc that works with me is Asian, so he's off today to celebrate the weekend with his family :D

Joanne - No red today :( I just wore my red 2 days ago, I am wear some hot pink though :think By the time you read this, your work week will be over and you'll have 2 days off :clap:yay

Good morning, housemates. Thank goodness the snow/sleet mix only lasted about half an hour or so, but it's been raining a cold rain ever since with no signs of stopping any time soon. I've got a doctor's appointment this morning at 11:00. John's coming home to be with Kim so we don't have to get her out in this. It's my regular every 3 month check up so don't expect problems. :manyheart

:2snow:flake:wgrin Hi from snowy, icy Texas! We woke up to 4-5 inches of snow on top of the thick sheet of ice that hasn't melted since it came on Tuesday morning. Thank goodness, DH is able to stay home. He did go out to the store yesterday...very carefully.

Gracie is loving it, but since her little legs are only about 5", she's having a hard time chasing the birds. :lol

Obviously, I'll be here today, so will check in later.

Joanne

I'm real glad your weekend is finally arriving. I bet you get really tired working that many days without a break .

And I actually wore red today ! That was a lucky break because I dont own many red items, and it's one of my least favorite colors ,but it got yanked out of the drawer in the dark today,so it got picked .

Marisa

I'm glad you might be getting the sleeves figured out .Will be excited to see a photo of the finished sweater .

Mary

Wow, I bet you guys are having quite the adjustment ,having this many days of bad weather down there . We still have our same pile of snow, but the sky is blue and it's bright sunshine today,so it looks more cheery out . Our next week's forecast has 2 or 3 days of snow again,so I dont think winter is giving up yet .

Linda

Good luck at the doc-- hope you get all good news !

I have missed YARN lately .... I'm just not a thread person .... and not overly fond of making dishcloths by the dozen ...

So, I stopped in at the expensive yarn place and picked up a couple balls of the micro-fiber stuff. It's got a different feel to it ,not real fuzzy or as soft as other yarn,but at least it is yarn and I can kinda use it for a bit ,so I thought I'd maybe make a few baby items or something ,just little stuff .

I also picked up 2 embroidery kits. I used to like doing them when I was a teenager ,so thought maybe they'd occupy some of my time and give me something different to fiddle with .

Thanks, Joanne and Marlene.

It's bright green, taupe, cream, blue and a variegated that has green, blue, brown, and cream in it.[/quote

Ms. Cindy- do you have this pattern or how can I get it? I LOVE it and thought about your color scheme last night and I want to make one- I'm not too smart on what a CAL is---is that a crochet along? I tried to look on Bernat site for info and that got me too. I'm still kind of learning! I can post like mad though (I'm a facebook junkie)

Its finished!!!:clap:clap:clap Its not as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm not crazy about it. I did a SC border around all the squares before I sewed them together, and finished with a round of SC, followed by a round of reverse HDC. My pictures are lousy. I probably should have waited for better light to take them.

It's lovely, Cindy! Yay for finishing - and I love the colors, too! :yay

Joanne ~ A 12 day work marathon! Enjoy your weekend.:yes

Marlene ~ Are you covered with ice and/or snow? I hope you were able to get propane and are staying warm. Poor little Maya - tell her we're sending get well wishes. :hug

Julie ~ I know how you feel about keeping up with things...I feel overwhelmed sometimes and try to keep up with my sticky notes. :lol Some days, they just get rotated. ;) I hope the new yarn works for you! :manyheart

Linda ~ 'Hope your doctor appt. went well and that your roads are okay. :)

Hi to all the House Ladies. :manyheart

Well, we are definitely home for the day. Gracie is the only one who thinks all this ice and snow is fun. :lol The Super Bowl ought to be interesting...lots of people will have trouble getting there!

Hi Kiyo

I'm not sure .. I didnt do the afghan,but I know cindy, Marisa and Joanne did .. maybe Cheeria too ? I think .. Sorry if I forgot anyone else .

Anyhow, they may know if the complete pattern is posted someplace all together now, or if it is still in small pieces like that .

Thanks Mary

I just cant seem to leave the yarn alone ... nervous hands .

HOLY BUCKETS---I went through and printed them all off. I couldn't find a final full pattern, soooooo........THANK YOU though. Now I just have to figure out how to pick coordinating colors for my house! Hmmmm....wait----I might ought to finish the 6 more pairs of slippers I have orders for (just got 3 more yesterday) and the wedding ghan and 3 hats still........

I'm back! The doctor visit went okay for the most part. My A1C went from 6.6 to 6.5 which was good. Vital signs and BP all good. No changes in meds. But I gained 6 pounds which was totally unacceptable and got chewed out for it. :thumbdown Sigh! :sigh I can't win for losing sometimes it seems. :ohdear Sigh! :sigh

Linda honey- you keep that chin up.....no sighing allowed! It will all be ok. We just had 3 major holidays with tons of good food, who looses weight in these last 3 months anyway??? Good to hear everything else is good. You will be ok! Have faith!

Ms. Cindy- do you have this pattern or how can I get it? I LOVE it and thought about your color scheme last night and I want to make one- I'm not too smart on what a CAL is---is that a crochet along? I tried to look on Bernat site for info and that got me too. I'm still kind of learning! I can post like mad though (I'm a facebook junkie)

Kiyo, it was a mystery crochet along that was hosted on the Bernat blog. Each week they gave you a square pattern, and told you how many to make. I don't see a place on their site where they had the pattern all in one place. Here is the blog:

http://blog.bernat.com/

The first clues was given in Sept 2010, and you will have to look for them in the archives of the blog. After that, there was a clue given every week. I threw out the first two squares, which were just plain double crochet, and did a couple of extra grannies, so that my afghan would be more symmetrical.

This post on the ville is where we kept track of our progress. Joanne and Marisa made the afghan too.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118663

There are lots of pictures of finished afghans in the thread.

Ravelry has lots of pictures as well.

Archived