Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Linda- and I'm with you- GO PACKERS!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Go Packers!

Hi House...have a nice mini Superbowl party with just me and Hub-E. Made snacks (Chex Mix, cheese spread shaped like a football, sausage balls with an apricot sause and a beer dip that was to be used for "homemade" pretzels...the "homemade pretzels" were more work than they were worth, but everything else is great.) Enjoying the game. Also enjoyed the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet that was on while I was making the snacks. Super cute puppies. And loved the Kitten Half Time show too.

Hope you're all having a good day.

Hi everyone! :) Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my quilt ghan and Gracie, too. :manyheart

Linda ~ Way to Go on the great yarn find at Big Lots. :clap And I was so happy to see that you have ordered the fabric for the Challenge!

Cheeria ~ Hi! I'm glad you're doing well and had a good laugh about your "Nook in the face." ;) It's probably happened to all of us with a book!

Peaches ~ Congratulations on your new job. :yay Your quilt ghan is wonderful.:hook

Dusti ~ I love your purse! I haven't tried felting yet - seeing yours sure makes me want to try, though. :yes It's great that the girls have been able to enjoy a day outside.

Joanne ~ Your flannelghan turned out just beautiful! Enjoy the party, Grandma. :manyheart

Julie ~ I absolutely love leftover pizza the next day! Hmmm, we haven't had pizza in a while. ;) Glad Cam was able to spend time with you this weekend. :)

Shannon ~ :hug So sorry about your van. Good luck with your designing!

I know I must be missing some of you...my brain is very tired after working on our taxes this afternoon. :lol Not through yet, but close. DH's job change in April is complicating a few things or I would be through by now. :yes Have a good evening!

14-0 Packers right now! :cheer

Its finished!!!:clap:clap:clap Its not as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm not crazy about it. I did a SC border around all the squares before I sewed them together, and finished with a round of SC, followed by a round of reverse HDC. My pictures are lousy. I probably should have waited for better light to take them. Beautiful... absolutely Beautiful!!!

Yay for sunshine! It's about 50* and things are melting. :cheer DH and I had a nice lunch and bought groceries-we're supposed to have more ice and snow Tuesday night.

Here are the first four rows of my lapghan. LOVE IT!!!! :) And, here is Miss Gracie - looking very calm and sweet. Definitely NOT the norm for her. :lol

Good morning ~ Here it is, our morning to sleep in, and my eyes pop open at 6:15. True, this is 45 min later than on school morning, but, still.... The girls are snoozing, yet, so I will catch-up here before the sun even comes up.

Here is a photo of my finished felted purse OMGosh... Too Cool!!! Great Job!!

[ATTACH]34509[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]34510[/ATTACH]The handles attached, just as I had hoped they would with the extra length of yarn that I left on each end. It holds my wallet, cell and a little more, but it is just perfect. Now, I would love to make one in greens, or shades of grey...:think A trip to the yarn store must be in order, upon our return from vacation. I can plan my shopping adventure for a couple of weeks :dreaming

Everyone's awake, now, so I am off to pull the cinnamon rolls from the oven. It smells yummy in here -- a great way to start this Sunday morning. I hope it is a good one for all of you :bheart

Dusti- I love that felted purse!!! What pattern did you use? I have a lot of Paton's wool in my stash and have been wanting to do a felted purse- but then I get waylayed by making scarves, afghans, dishcloths.......and now of course I want to make baby things!! But would love to have the pattern if its one you can share for a future time!

I finished MY flannelghan and love it!!! :yay....... That came out so Cool!!!! Wow!!!

Here is what I had for dinner today, and also what my quilt-ghan looks like so far.... Um... YUMMY... and Love that heart! Nice work!

Evening ladies..............

How is everyone? I'm just .................swooping in ............... to check in and let you all know ... I miss you!

Still busy around my house... Hubby was in the hospital last week due to infection.. he's home now... and doing well. I sure hope he learned his lesson about taking better care of himself.

I've been trying real hard to catch up on some crocheting that needs to get done... along with crocheting needs that pop up. (baby blanket for a friend of hubby's that just had a baby last week.... prayer blanket for a young boy that has leukemia... etc.)

Well... off to get some crocheting done and check in with the baseball coaches about practice for the boys.

have a great night all.......... check back later :D

:heart

:mug

Cindy ~ Thank you for the compliments on my purse. Can I ask how you over-felted yours? You see, I would love for mine to be a *titch* smaller, and if there is something I can do to make it shrink more, I am willing to try. The only thing I can figure is that having our water heater set to 120* (so the wee ones do not get scalded in the bathtub), does not get the water in the washing machine hot enough to really tighten up my stitches. Does that sound right? :think I ran the hot water cycle 3 times, and this is the size I got. I was anxious to use the purse, so I did not fiddle with it any more after last Monday, but now that I have taken it out of the house on its maiden show-and-tell tour, I could fine-tune it a bit. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears :lol

I'm not sure exactly how I did it. It just sort of happened. I washed it several times in hot water and dried it in the drier each time. The first time I washed it, the stitches weren't tight enough, and it took several times more to get them the way I thought they should be. I'm not sure how hot our hot water heater is set. My drier is over 30 years old, so it may run a bit hotter than newer driers too. I know it gets hotter than my mom's.

I'm home- and what a game!!! And the Packers won!!!!! Great half-time show too!!! We had lots of fun. DD and SIL had put up the pics from her Ultrasound on the refrigerator and then after some people were there they put on the tv and lo and behold- what was there- but a slide show of the six ultrasound pictures!!! There was joy and congratulations and everyone saying how they "just knew it":lol It was a very festive day- and topped off by a great football game!

Dusti- Thanks for the link to the pattern. I think I have the colorway you used- also I have Palais (I think that is what it is called). I just looked on Paton's website and they have some nice new colors! (But I have plenty of Paton's Wool classic that I need to use- so I'm not looking thee again:lol) How did you make your handles?

Tam -Glad that DH is home- and hope you get a little "me" time

Mary- That's great that your taxes are almost done! We had fun at the party- and it feels good to be a Grandma to be! :manyheart

Hope everyone had a great day. Off to bed- tomorrow is paradise already- Where did the weekend go?:think

Good evening ladies :hi

I'm going to be quick because I'm tired and it's late. The Steelers lost :( Congrats to the Packer fans in the house! How about, my dad set up his webcam on the tv so my nephews could watch the game :rofl (they don't have cable)

Everyone's pics were great and Joanne, I'm curious what the ultrasound was on since the word was blocked out :think:lol

Good evening ladies :hi

I'm going to be quick because I'm tired and it's late. The Steelers lost :( Congrats to the Packer fans in the house! How about, my dad set up his webcam on the tv so my nephews could watch the game :rofl (they don't have cable)

Everyone's pics were great and Joanne, I'm curious what the ultrasound was on since the word was blocked out :think:lol

I saw that it was blocked out this morning- very strange- I had used the short term for refrigerator! I guess the forum didn't like it??:think:think

Really???? Is it really Monday already????? Seems like I was just saying TGIF!!!! The weekend just flew right on by!!!! And here it is almost 6AM so I've got to get ready for another day in Paradise.

Hope you ALL have a good day and I'll see you on the flip side.

Morning folks

Peaches ,

You got a great start on your quilt ghan .

Mary

Good luck with your taxes. I got mine done about 3 weeks ago online,and we got our state check back already ,which wasnt much,but we got one. Still waiting on the federal .

LeAnna

Sounds like you had some good foods for your mini-superbowl event. We watched a little of it,but havent watched much football all year,so we didnt really watch the whole thing .

Hiya Dusti

How's life on your piece of the world ? Still cold I bet, just like here !

Hi Tam

So good to know your husband is back home. I hope he takes it easy now and rests. It's probably hard especially for a man to do that. They always wanna be doing something ,and don't take it easy like they should when they dont feel well .

Thanks so much for stopping in. We always like to hear from you .

Morning Cindy ,Linda, Joanne and Marisa

Good day at work to you guys --

Joanne

I used the word SFRIGS in a sentence on here,and mine was blocked too,so not sure what word it is trying to block. Sounds as if the surprise was very well planned !

You all have a good day .

(tried adding S on the front and back to see if it will work )

Good morning ladies :hi

Forgot to mention last night that everyone's pics were awesome that were posted yesterday :yes I still need to post a pic of my sweater, which I'll get to tonight. Last night when I got back from my parents I unpacked, played wii, and then took a quick shower and scrambled out the door for a superbowl party :lol

I haven't even thought about my taxes yet :eek Y'all may not know this about me.....but I'm a procrastinator :blush

See y'all later.

Happy Monday, Ladies. :) The ice and snow is gone except for under a few bridges and shady places! :clap

Thanks for the kind comments on my pictures! :manyheart

LeAnna ~ Your homemade game foods sound delicious! We made guacamole and soft tacos while we watched the game.

Tam ~ I'm so glad your DH is home. :hug Yay for getting some crochet time in with all you have going on!

Cindy ~ 'Hope your work day goes quickly!

Julie ~ WTG on getting your taxes done early! I actually found a mistake on one of the W2s...they have to send us a corrected one and then I can finish. Still do them the old fashioned way. :blush:lol

Hi to all my House friends!

DH has his regular 4 week eye appt. this afternoon. He comes home to get me on the way since he can't drive afterwards. Until then, it's laundry and maybe a little cleaning, too.

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... SWOOP...SWOOP

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Good Morning House...................

How is everyone this morning? So .............. The Packers won! No matter who you were cheering for... it was a good game!

Thank you all for your love and prayers for hubby!

Michael is still hangin' tough... He has a cold right now.. which could set him back.... so prayers that he stays on track would be really appreciated.

I've been crocheting like crazy and seems like I'm not getting alot done though. I crochet on this thing... then I get a call from hubby that a friend at one of his clients had a baby and wanted to know if I would make a blanket... okay...start that.... then I get another need that pops up... I start that.... then another.................. sheeeesh

I did manage to get a few dishcloths done for a friend.

post-18634-135897625512_thumb.jpg

Okay.... Off I go ... need to get a refill on my coffee... and get some crocheting done today!!!!

Check back in later!

:heart

:mug

Good morning, housemates. It's another cloudy, overcast, gray day here. Enough already! I want SUN! I want the daffodils to start poking up their heads. They have to hurry if they are going to make it by Valentine's Day when they are usually in bloom.

No doctor appointments this week, so Kim and I will be staying home where it's warm and avoiding getting out in the cold and whatever else it decides to do.

I've started sewing the second Christmas stocking together. I finished the last of the squares and hiding the tails yesterday. Yay! This one is the reverse color scheme of the last one, so I'll take a picture of the two of them when this one is finished.

Have a good day everyone. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

Morning Mary

Glad it is starting to get a little warmer down your way . Good luck with your husbands eye appointment today .

Hi Peaches ~~`

Hi Tam

How do you learn to do all those fancy curly-Q designs ? Those are neat .

And your dishcloths are all pretty,thank you for the photos .

Hi Linda

I hope your flowers start coming up soon,too. I always like hearing that it is getting better down south,so I know there is light at the end of the tunnel for us up here if we wait it out a little longer ,

Will be neat to see your stockings when done .

I know you're dying to see MY DOILY.......and I can't get my pictures to send to my email from my phone! Sure thing as soon as I do, I will get it posted!

** Hope you all had a great weekend. What a game! I wasn't rooting for anyone specific, may the best team win! My boyfriend won a 300 bet on the Packers though, trying to talk him into sending me that money! He didn't miss it when he didn't have it, right?

**Also- did you see the Doritos commercial w/ the pug running from the yard to the dude behind the glass door? It was a UTAH commercial----he won!!! a million dollars!! WHOOT WHOOT GO UTAH!! Wish it were me and one of my crazy dogs! lol

Hey-----also---don't know how many of you are on facebook- Of course I am! lol Anyhow, Maggies crochet on there is doing 365 dishcloth patterns, theres a new one each day if any of you are interested. Also- crochet club is a fun place as well to be! I think I tripped some of them out when I posted some pics of my work lately! I don't do anything fancy is what was funny! but they loved it!

Cindy, Marissa and Joanne----not to be a pain in the keester I LOVED your Bernat Ghans----I've never used the chunky and I loved your color schemes-----do you mind giving me your colors that you used- PWEEEEEEZE!!!

Hi again! Just waiting for DH to get home and enjoying the sunshine. :)

Hi Peaches! I hope you're enjoying your Monday...have you started your new job yet?

Tam ~ Your dishcloths are wonderful. :hook

Linda ~ Yes! We'd love to see pictures of the stockings. :yes

Kiyo ~ Of course we want to see your doily! :D And yes, I LOVE that Dorito commercial!

I'm not on Facebook - but everyone I know is. :lol I have trouble keeping up with my email most days. :blush;)

Have a great afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

DRUMROLL................

Here we go........MY DOILY!!! WHOOT WHOOT!! and the wedding ghan.....wait---maybe the doily should go with the wedding ghan!! ahahahah! I'm bad, i'm sorry!

post-35667-135897625903_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897625951_thumb.jpg

Archived