Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Marisa- Since you were talking about putting the Nook software on your Mom's IPad, I decided to download it to my IPad. So now I have my Nook library on my Nook and on my IPad. I also downloaded my ITunes library to the IPad.

Now it's time to :hook. Enough playing around with gadgets!!! (but I do love them):lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay for sunshine! It's about 50* and things are melting. :cheer DH and I had a nice lunch and bought groceries-we're supposed to have more ice and snow Tuesday night.

Joanne ~ Get ready! :lol I never go anywhere without buying Luke something. I know you'll love being a grandma. :c9

Julie ~ I truly don't think I could live "up North" again. I've been here since 9th grade and can't even stand the cold for 5 days. :blush DH was offered a job in Madison, WI several years ago. They hired him, but let us live here since he needed access to a major airport all the time anyway.

Marisa ~ Have a good visit with your parents!

Here are the first four rows of my lapghan. :) And, here is Miss Gracie - looking very calm and sweet. Definitely NOT the norm for her. :lol

post-10699-135897624812_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897624816_thumb.jpg

Yay for sunshine! It's about 50* and things are melting. :cheer DH and I had a nice lunch and bought groceries-we're supposed to have more ice and snow Tuesday night.

Joanne ~ Get ready! :lol I never go anywhere without buying Luke something. I know you'll love being a grandma. :c9

Julie ~ I truly don't think I could live "up North" again. I've been here since 9th grade and can't even stand the cold for 5 days. :blush DH was offered a job in Madison, WI several years ago. They hired him, but let us live here since he needed access to a major airport all the time anyway.

Marisa ~ Have a good visit with your parents!

Here are the first four rows of my lapghan. :) And, here is Miss Gracie - looking very calm and sweet. Definitely NOT the norm for her. :lol

Miss Gracie is adorable!

Good afternoon, all. I slept in until 11:00 this morning and then proceeded to finish my book. Went to Golden Corral for lunch and then on to Big Lots where I proceeded to buy 20 skeins of Gala yarn in a muted navy blue, a medium blue/gray, and a medium gray. It's ultra soft and I have no idea what I'm going to make out of it, but it just called my name was going to cry if I didn't get it. Back home now and John is out running errands. Miss Kim is sleeping.

I think all the rain and cloudy weather coupled with Kim being so sick have just all combined to put me in a very "down" mood. It will get better, I know. Doesn't help that I can look forward to more of the same from the kidney doctor in two weeks. :irk Oh, well.

Mary

Love your pup ,and your lapghan is going to be very pretty when done . And I dont blame you a bit for not wanting to be where its cold. I think it'd be hard to do after living someplace where the weather is good most of the year .

Linda

The new yarn sounds very pretty . I'm glad you got it so you can make something nice with it . Hope your mood cheers up again.I know it's hard not to get in the doldrums this time of year ,just due to the weather,then when you have other stuff hapening too it just makes it worse .

Things will get better though . I try to keep my brain as busy as possible so I don't veer off in the wrong direction again .

Hi there House Mates, boy do I miss coming to OUR HOUSE. I spent a couple of days at my daughter's house while she was in Washington, DC on work related business. I had fun watching my grand darlings and both of them was so happy to be home where they play and play and play and poor grandma was so tired that I just wanted to see my bed. :eek How is everyone doing, I love my Nook and I have been reading and reading, one night I doze off and my NOOK hit me in the face, I didn't know what hit me then I remember my NOOK. :lol:lol I can't read when I'm sleepy. Everything has been well with me and all of mines and I have been crocheting everyday now. I have to admit I got stuck on a dishcloth pattern that I was working on for the dishcloth group but that's okay, the dishcloth look pretty any how. :think I received two dishcloth books in the mail and they were here waiting for me when I came home from my DD's house but I haven't ben able to sit still for a moment to look at them. Like everyone, I can't wait for winter to be over, I miss being out and about in sunliught with warm winds blowing my way. I can't wait to see the green of grass nor can I wait to see the budding of the colorful flowers I'm so tired knowing that every where I look I see white dirty snow piled up waiting to melt. I'm behind on all the posts so I will not go back there and try to catch up, I hope everyone is okay and I just wanted you to know that I miss you all. HUGS

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi all,

border is almost done on the flannel'ghan!!! DH and I went out for a while and he bought me a nice case for my IPad!!! Its a nice bright RED http://www.senacases.com/apple/apple-ipad-cases/zipbook-cases/#

Cheeria- I was wondering if your daughter was able to get to DC with all the ice we had the other day! I'll bet you must be wiped out- and I agree- I can't wait to see some green! We've had snow on the ground since 12/26- I can't remember a winter where there was snow on the ground this long!!!!:eek

Mary- I find myself looking at the baby sections now when I go to the store- and since I love to shop for bargains- I imagine I'll be buying quite a few things- but that's what Grandmas are for right?;)

Linda- I had to look up Gala yarn- it looks really nice and I'm sure you are going to come up with something beautiful to make with it!!! It's tough with winter and all. Focus on the upcoming quilt show/classes!!! March will be here before you know it!!:hug

Peachy- :clap:clap for the new job!!! Congratulations!!!!

Off to finish the border

Just stopping through to say good night ladies :c9

I finished my baby cardigan WITH sleeves :lol I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get back home. I also started a sock for my nephew. I've decided to make each of them a pair of socks/slippers that match their afghans to send with my mom....so I have an 8 day time limit :eek:lol Sock 1/6 is half done :clap

Joanne - :yay for playing with your iPad, glad I can enable :devil Some things are a little different there :think

Julie - Thanks anyway about the nook sound ;):lol

Mary - Gracie looks so peaceful and the start of your quilt ghan is gorgeous :yes

Hey there everybody! I am happy to announce that I got a new job! Yay! It's as a travel agent through Carnival booking reservations and customer service! Yay!

Also I am busy working on my very first quilt-ghan! When i get the first square 100% finished I will show you guys! yay! Im very excited!

:yay :yay :yay Great news, Peaches!

Welcome back, Cheeria! You've been missed.

I just did it! :yay :yay I ordered the 4 main pieces of material for the Hoffman 2011 Challenge. I'll have to find a couple of neutrals to match them after they arrive, but the majority will be on its way to me next week. Whee! :yay :yay I almost talked myself out of it and then decided to go for it. :devil I'll take pictures of the material when it arrives so you can all see it. And of course, pictures as it progresses. The pictures on the web sites don't do it justice. :no

Good morning everyone

Cheeria

So good to hear from you . I missed you ,and forgot you'd be gone to your girl's house for a few days til you mentioned it . I bet you are glad to be back home in your own house .I'm glad you like your nook so much .They are handy gadgets .

Joanne

Your ipad case looks really nice and sturdy .That was nice of your husband to get it for you .

Peaches

Great news on your new job. I hope you like it . We will be excited to see your first quiltghan square done .

Marisa

Good luck on the slippers /socks .Hope you get them done in time .

Linda

Sounds as if you picked some real pretty colors for your wuilt . Cant wait to see it all come together ,

Nothing much new here . Can spent the night so I am trying to be really quiet so I dont wake him up. It's still really early here and I like him to get to sleep late on the weekends of he wants to since he has to get up early the rest of the week .

Hope everyone has a good day,and if you are into football, hope your team wins !

Good morning

Mary- I forgo to comment on how lovely your lapghan is coming along!!!!

Linda- I can't wait to see the pics of the fabric you ordered for the challenge!!! I can 'hear' the excitement in your post!!!!!:yay

Julie- Nice that Cam spent the night- Now be quiet and let the poor boy sleep!!!:lol

Marisa- You now have 7 days to get the socks done!:hook I'm happy that you figured out the sleeves for the sweater!

As far as football goes, GO Packers!!!

(sorry Marisa- but I'm going against you today)

Good morning ~ Here it is, our morning to sleep in, and my eyes pop open at 6:15. True, this is 45 min later than on school morning, but, still.... The girls are snoozing, yet, so I will catch-up here before the sun even comes up.

Mary ~ Your lap-ghan with the pine trees looks lovely. It is amazing that we can already see the design after you sewed 4 rows together. Keep up the nice work :cheer At this rate, you will have it finished before your snow melts, let alone next Christmas :wink Cute pic of Miss Gracie, too. Stay warm, today.

Linda ~ It is wonderful to hear that you ordered fabric for the quilting challenge. Oh, yes, do show up pictures, once it arrives. Will you be able to get the neutrals that you need, locally, or will you order those, as well? Are you waiting for it to arrive, before you finalize your design, or are you, already, good to go? Here's a :hugfor a good day for you.

Cheeria ~ Welcome home. I am glad that, with the icky weather you all have been receiving, you and your daughter were able to travel safely this past week. How great it is to hear that you are finding time to read and crochet quite a bit, lately :hook Are you ready to dive into another dishcloth pattern, now that you are back home? All's good on this end. My daughters just wrapped up a fun week of activities designed to raise community and school pride -- dress-up days, special meals, opportunities to volunteer, etc. I was tuckered out, by the time Friday rolled around :lol We're back on an even keel here, now, with only the Science Fair to think about in the upcoming week.

Peachy ~ Congrats on the new job :clap Is it one you can do from home, or do you have an office to which you report? Oh, yes, we'd like to see the progress on your quilt-ghan, when you get around to it :yes What pattern did you choose to use?

Marisa ~ Yaaaay for a weekend with your parents :manyheart You cannot stay through the football game this evening and then drive home, can you? Seems as though that would be too late, even for you... Be careful, whenever you do head out on the highway :drive Six socks?!? Are you serious? What pattern are you doing? The only sock pattern that I found for the girls that was quick was this one. What a fun present for your nephews :crocheting

Here is a photo of my finished felted purse

post-20536-135897625272_thumb.jpgThe handles attached, just as I had hoped they would with the extra length of yarn that I left on each end. It holds my wallet, cell and a little more, but it is just perfect. Now, I would love to make one in greens, or shades of grey...:think A trip to the yarn store must be in order, upon our return from vacation. I can plan my shopping adventure for a couple of weeks :dreaming

Everyone's awake, now, so I am off to pull the cinnamon rolls from the oven. It smells yummy in here -- a great way to start this Sunday morning. I hope it is a good one for all of you :bheart

post-20536-135897625255_thumb.jpg

Dusti- I love that felted purse!!! What pattern did you use? I have a lot of Paton's wool in my stash and have been wanting to do a felted purse- but then I get waylayed by making scarves, afghans, dishcloths.......and now of course I want to make baby things!! But would love to have the pattern if its one you can share for a future time!

I finished MY flannelghan and love it!!!

post-27163-135897625285_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897625288_thumb.jpg

Morning to those who checked in since I was last here .

Peaches

I LOVE Ghosthunters ! We dont have cable ,so I watch it online,but have watched them all . Do you watch all the different ghost shows or is GH the only one ?

And who do you like on the show ?

Morning Dusti

Cinnamon rolls sound really good ! I ate leftover pizza for breakfast . Nothing like a healthy diet to keep my young body in shape ..............................

Joanne

LOVE the flannelghan --now was it the one with all the multi colors leftover from other projects ? I really like how it turned out .

Good morning everyone, (actually, its already afternoon....)

Cheeria, good to see you made it home safely.

Mary, that is going to be a nice lapghan. If only I didn't dislike sewing things together so much.... Hope your snow and ice melts soon. Its snowing here again, but since we already have close to 2 feet on the ground, a little more doesn't really matter.

Marisa, WTG on finishing the baby sweater, with sleeves! Good luck with the socks. You can do it! Just don;t let yourself get distracted by shiny objects!:D

Joanne, love the flannelghan, that's the one for your son in law, right? Also love your ipad case.

Dusti, that is a wonderful purse. I made a felted one that looked really similar to that one a year or so ago, but I overdid the felting and it turned into a child size purse. I gave it away though, so it wasn't a waste.

Julie, hope you had fin with Cam.

Morning everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

Peaches - I used to love GhostHunters. I don't have cable tv anymore so I don't watch it the way I'd like to. I especially love some of the big shows like when they went to the Stanley Hotel and Dracula's Castle. The Stanley just cemented my thoughts that I need to go spend a week in the room where Stephen King wrote "The Shining".

I know there's a lot of other things I should be responding to but I'm getting ready to go work on my dishes and laundry and whatever else I can get done.

But a bit of an update. Right now, Harry, Tristan and I have to walk everywhere or take the bus. The van shot craps yesterday. It's currently parked in the K-mart parking lot. So I had to walk three miles to get back to the house and get ready for work last night. Then walk the mile and a half into work and a mile and a half home. With an eight hour shift on my feet in there too (good thing I wasn't wearing my pedometer, it would have fried :D)

So right now we're stuck with walking most of the time. I have to walk in to work because our bus doesn't run after 9 pm. But I can take it home. Harry can take the bus in but has to walk home. Tristan will be able to ride the bus or his bike most anytime at all.

Anyway, working on doing about seven different things at once right now. But my :crocheting is right beside me. I'm working on it steadily. As well as trying to organize my stitch books so that I can work on designing my own afghan.

See everyone later.

Linda ~ It is wonderful to hear that you ordered fabric for the quilting challenge. Oh, yes, do show up pictures, once it arrives. Will you be able to get the neutrals that you need, locally, or will you order those, as well? Are you waiting for it to arrive, before you finalize your design, or are you, already, good to go? Here's a :hugfor a good day for you.

Here is a photo of my finished felted purse

[ATTACH]34509[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]34510[/ATTACH]The handles attached, just as I had hoped they would with the extra length of yarn that I left on each end. It holds my wallet, cell and a little more, but it is just perfect. Now, I would love to make one in greens, or shades of grey...:think A trip to the yarn store must be in order, upon our return from vacation. I can plan my shopping adventure for a couple of weeks :dreaming

Hi, Dusti! Your felted purse turned out beautifully. Great job! :clap :clap :clap

I'll be looking for the neutrals here at home when the other materials for the quilt arrive. I thought I was going to use those from the collection, but after seeing them in person, I didn't like them at all. I should be able to find something that will work locally.

Dusti- I love that felted purse!!! What pattern did you use? I have a lot of Paton's wool in my stash and have been wanting to do a felted purse- but then I get waylayed by making scarves, afghans, dishcloths.......and now of course I want to make baby things!! But would love to have the pattern if its one you can share for a future time!

I finished MY flannelghan and love it!!!

Love the flannelghan, Joanne. It turned out just lovely. :clap :clap :clap

Good afternoon. It's sunny and a great day for football. Go PACKERS! :D

Sorry to hear about the van Shannon- You're right about the pedometer though!:lol

Cindy- This flannel'ghan is for ME:hook- actually since DH has one, I decided to make my own for me- that matches the furniture in the family room where I usually sit and :crocheting. This room is the coolest in the house so this will perfect!!! I made my DD's BF one for Christmas- Navy and White for the NY Yankees!

It's downright balmy out there today- it's at least 40 degrees- and sunny- but there's still lots of snow on the ground- but it does feel wonderful to have the sun shining in and the temperatures up. It's supposed to get cold again during the week so I'm enjoying it while it's here.

We went to B&N and picked up a couple of books to give DD and SIL after they make the big announcement. We'll be heading out in a a little while

Have a good rest of this Sunday!!!

:hug

Hi, Dusti! Your felted purse turned out beautifully. Great job! :clap :clap :clap

I'll be looking for the neutrals here at home when the other materials for the quilt arrive. I thought I was going to use those from the collection, but after seeing them in person, I didn't like them at all. I should be able to find something that will work locally.

Love the flannelghan, Joanne. It turned out just lovely. :clap :clap :clap

Good afternoon. It's sunny and a great day for football. Go PACKERS! :D

Thanks Linda- and I'm with you- GO PACKERS!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hello ladies!!! Just had to pop out here to my office for a minute and check on a couple drivers caught up in the dreaded "W" word (weather) lol. Wanted to say hello, going to run back home in time for my baby girl to get home, then we might make some sugar cookies and dinner and watch the football game! She thinks WE have to watch it! lol And I will be working on the wedding ghan, I only have 50 more rows left to finish! So.....I must say I am giong to make it to the finish by the 25th!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! and...............drum roll...........I AM GOING TO WORK ON MY MY MY.....DOILY!!! AHAHAHAH!!!! Have a good one, will catch up in the morning when I get back here to work!

Joanne ~ The link for the felted purse can be found here. I did not have any wooden purse handles, nor did I have two colors, of wool, but the Patons Classic worked wonderfully. What colorway is talking to you? I am going to have to go to their website to see if there is a color option that matches the picture I have in my head of shades of green :yes

Your Flannel-ghan is wonderful!! I love the three colors, and the three colors you used! I am glad to hear that you are keeping it for your own pleasure. I can easily picture you snuggling under it while you crochet itty-bitty baby things this winter :manyheart

How did your DD and SIL's announcement go over? Was everyone at the party surprised? They must still be on :c9 I hope you will pass along our, "Congrats!" to them.

Cindy ~ Thank you for the compliments on my purse. Can I ask how you over-felted yours? You see, I would love for mine to be a *titch* smaller, and if there is something I can do to make it shrink more, I am willing to try. The only thing I can figure is that having our water heater set to 120* (so the wee ones do not get scalded in the bathtub), does not get the water in the washing machine hot enough to really tighten up my stitches. Does that sound right? :think I ran the hot water cycle 3 times, and this is the size I got. I was anxious to use the purse, so I did not fiddle with it any more after last Monday, but now that I have taken it out of the house on its maiden show-and-tell tour, I could fine-tune it a bit. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears :lol

Marisa ~ That link I posted earlier did not work when I just clicked on it, so I must have done something incorrectly. At CPC, the pattern I was trying to show you is called 'Socks -- Child Size 9.' They are a bit box-y at the toe, but Annika wore hers and never complained.

The icy, cold weather we were supposed to get, today, must have been waylaid :lol, because it is nice here, too. I have doled-out two rounds of hot chocolate and dried snow gear in the machine twice, already. My girls just headed back out for Round 3 (DH is working, so they are on their own, though that does not slow them down too much.). They have been working on their snowfort, sledding, and we did a round of tromping the property line on snowshoes before lunch-time. The sun is shining, and it is a great Winter day. I hope it is where you are, too :hug

Hi, Kiyo ~ Hope all of your drivers are safe. Enjoy your evening with Aree and have a couple of cookies for me, please (I like any kind and am not picky). Catch you, tomorrow.

Shannon

Sorry to hear your van kicked the bucket . Please be careful walking by yourself -- I hope it isnt a dangerous road to walk on ,or at night alone .

Hey Kiyo

Just a shout out to holler howdy -- hope you are doing well. You sound as ornery as ever !

Archived