Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning House-mates! The sun is shining :yay Mind you, there is not any warmth in it, but I am focusing on the positive: The sun is shining :lol Your trees sound pretty, Cindy. Enjoy the view and your day of crocheting. You will be very happy, if you get the Bernat-ghan put together. You can do it :cheer

I wore my Pinwheel Sweater to the luncheon at the girls' school, yesterday, and it received a number of compliments. I am SO happy with the way it came out. I have a problem with the wide neck slipping off of one shoulder, even though I used a shawl pin, maybe I constantly stood crooked, or something :think It did not bother me enough that I will not try to wear it again, soon, but it was a tad annoying. I'll have to work on that. Speaking of 'work[ing] on' something, I started a Pinwheel Sweater for DD out of Loops & Threads Impeccable in Soft Fern (spring-y green) last weekend. I finished the main body of it last night and started on the first sleeve. Working on a sweater in her size with WW yarn goes much more quickly than my sock yarn :yes Kyri wants to wear it on Monday, and I think I can swing that :hook I started talking about my felted purse project, and I garnered a bit of interest among a few ladies at our table to see it. None of them are particularly crafty, but they were enthusiastic, so I had fun chatting with everyone.

Today, there are no events at school for me to attend. Whew, I can do a few things around the house for the first time all week. It is 'Team Spirit' day for the girls. Since we are not faithful followers of any pro or college teams, they borrowed 2 of DH's Team Arctic snowmobile racing jerseys, belted them over black leggings, and tied up their hair with silver and green ribbons. Not what the school had in mind, I am sure, but we did our best with items we had on-hand.

I am going to make Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups for dinner and a chocolate chip cheesecake. Once my cooking is underway, I want to jot a note and send it off to my grandmother in Hawaii. I will be bringing my thread and Size 6 hook in the car, so that I can work on the heart coasters while waiting for school to be dismissed.

Have a great Thursday :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished this blanket I started last year but never finished.

Very nice job on the afghan, Peachy!:clap :clap :clap

Happy New Year!!!! Today is the Chinese New Year and this is the Year of the Rabbit

I read that Rabbit years are generally an excellent time for arts, culture, world diplomacy and focusing on the family

Sounds good to me------ so Happy Year of the Rabbit House Mates!!!

:firecrack :party :firecrack Happy New Year!!!! :firecrack :party :firecrack

Hello ladies. Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I have been in such a stress mode lately & there is no need to bring y'all down with me. Even school has paid a price; I may get my first B in over a year. :o(

Miss you all.....:ghug

:hug :hug :hug :hug We miss you Tabby. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Good morning. It's in the mid 20s this morning, so good and chilly for us, but could be worse. No snow or ice at this point either for which I'm very grateful. I colored my hair yesterday so the gray is all gone for the time being. It's a deep auburn now with lighter red highlights. I used a different brand this time and think I'll go back to the one I usually use next time even though it's a bit more expensive.

I went and got ink cartridges for the printer yesterday thinking that was why it wasn't printing. Alas, that wasn't it. Rats! Must have something to do with the change over to AT&T for service. Will play with it a little more and then call their service people if I can't get it going on my own.

Banana bread is on the list of things to get accomplished today. I think I'll tackle that while Kim is having her breathing treatment.

I've got 3 more squares to crochet for the next Christmas stocking. I think I'm going to have to keep plugging away on these if I want them all done by Christmas. They aren't my favorite thing to make and if I don't keep at them it will be really easy to get myself in a super big time crunch next fall. :ohdear They are one of those wips that can easily get shoved in the closet and forgotten. :oops Maybe if I reward myself with some time quilting that will be a good incentive. :devil And I will be getting paid for them, which should be another good incentive. :yes

Stay safe and warm, those of you in this yucky weather. Be super careful on the roads, too. :hug

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) The power is on for the moment...and it's 9* this a.m. By Sunday, it's supposed to be in the 40's. :cheer

Peaches ~ Your afghan is really pretty! :clap We love pictures!

Cindy ~ Yes, this is definitely unusual weather for us. We have snow maybe once each year, but almost never this cold! You are so strong...nothing we can do to convince you to make/join squares? :lol

Hi Tabby ~ :hug We miss you and always remember we're here when you feel like talking...about anything! :manyheart

Dusti ~ Yay for finishing and wearing your sweater...I bet it's beautiful! I really like Michael's Impeccable yarn. It will make a great sweater. Only a few more days til you can enjoy the warm sun. :)

Julie ~ Love your story about Cam. :lol Our schools have been closed 3 days now - a record for us! We have very few kids in the neighborhood, but they have been sledding down our ice-covered street. I guess someone moved here from where you actually have sleds. :yes

Will check in soon. Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Linda ~ :think I have a wireless printer and had to reinstall the software when we got a new router. I don't know if that always works, but DH thought I was so techie when I tried it and it worked. :lol

That was one of my thoughts, too.

Ty for the compliments. i actually don't really like it that much, but that's okay I suppose.

Been there, done that. :lol

~~*^Gooooooooood Morning my girl peeps^*~~ How are all of you farring this morning? Sounds like weather might be taking a breather for a moment or 2. And...........I watched our weather this morning and it's supposed to snow tomorrow-sun here. Hmmmmmm~~ pretty sure ya'll whisked it away to me!~

And.....I got wind that my produce load on sat-----I might be having to drive a fancy lil truck to Wyoming or Colorado......WHAT are they thinking is what I asked! YIKES! I think I will make my Mom come with me!! She can drive while I crochet! ahahahah!

Peachy-----pretty blanket

Filia--not fun w/ the snow but good you got it all done! It's all a good workout no matter what way you try to do it. And.....thank you for the offer on MY DOILY---no worries on size lol we would make it work!

Marissa- we will dance and sing away and not have a care in the world! I wouldn't care anyway---as long as we are having fun.

Linda--I LOVE my Bullet- I use it quite a bit! Just don't leave it blending for too long it will.......ummmm smell funny! lol Because it goes so fast. Also- i've noticed you talking about squares for Christmas stockings- I might be behind in the times, but have you posted pics? I am curious! ;) you know me.....I'm a picture happy girl!

Cindy---Good morning and have a good time w/ your Afghan

Julie----HELLLLLLOOOOO YOU! NO dancin in my pretties! WAAAAAY too cold, I was afraid of frost bite and Icicles! The hospital would laugh at me when they asked how I got it all! I might resort to a poncho! lol

Dusti---I sooooo want to do the pinwheel!!! I'm sure you looked like a hottie!!! Nothing better than a beautiful handmade sweater !!

Mary- good thing it's daylight and not dark w/ power outages! still yucky! I'm sorry!

And to the rest of you.........please hold while I get the rest of my drivers situated for the day and have a moment to read some more posts to catch up!

Cindy ~ Yes, this is definitely unusual weather for us. We have snow maybe once each year, but almost never this cold! You are so strong...nothing we can do to convince you to make/join squares? :lol

I have been busily sewing together my Bernat CAL afghan. I just have to attach the sides to the center, and its all together. I had some extra squares, because I had misplaced a couple, (which of course, re-appeared, just as soon as I made replacements!), and I replaced a couple with other squares to make the afghan look more symmetrical. I frogged those squares and made 4 granny squares out of the yarn, so now I have more squares to sew together.

Howdy all

Well I am back from my daily list of stuff needing done ... Geez,dont you hate that when you have a list of stuff to do on payday to get caught up .. you do all of it and think you will get a break,then in another day or two,you have a whole new list of junk needing done .

Either I am really unorganized or I THINK too much. I am always thinking of stuff needing done .

I think maybe because I am so impatient,hate putting stuff off,and want to be caught up or ahead of time so things are done .... anyhow, I wear myself out trying to keep caught up .

Had Cam here til 10 , then dropped him off and spent the rest of the morning running around on all my little stops needing done .

I am finally home,but didnt achieve anywhere near all the stuff needing done. I am calling it done for the day .

Keep on sewing Cindy

Sounds like you are now in the home stretch !

Hey Kiyo

Do you drive SEMI-sized trucks ? If you do, you are one brave chick . I cannot imagine trying to drive one of them,although I used to love watching the Ice Road Truckers show .

Howdy all

Well I am back from my daily list of stuff needing done ... Geez,dont you hate that when you have a list of stuff to do on payday to get caught up .. you do all of it and think you will get a break,then in another day or two,you have a whole new list of junk needing done .

Either I am really unorganized or I THINK too much. I am always thinking of stuff needing done .

I think maybe because I am so impatient,hate putting stuff off,and want to be caught up or ahead of time so things are done .... anyhow, I wear myself out trying to keep caught up .

Had Cam here til 10 , then dropped him off and spent the rest of the morning running around on all my little stops needing done .

I am finally home,but didnt achieve anywhere near all the stuff needing done. I am calling it done for the day .

~~ Julie .....honey......BREATHE~~

Keep on sewing Cindy

Sounds like you are now in the home stretch !

Hey Kiyo

Do you drive SEMI-sized trucks ? If you do, you are one brave chick . I cannot imagine trying to drive one of them,although I used to love watching the Ice Road Truckers show .

I dispatch big semi's! but i only drive a 19 ft. box truck like a moving truck looking thing. It's not so bad, but in the snow it makes me have sore rear end muscles cuz I'm so nervous I must clench! lol

Hi, Kiyo. I am doing 3 round granny squares that are then sewn together to make the Christmas stockings. The original ones were made for all the family members by Kim's grandmother. Terri, Kim's cousin, had asked me to do three of the same pattern for her 2 years ago so they would have one for all of her family after some grandkids expanded beyond what they had. In the interval between then and now the originals and one of the ones that I made got destroyed when their house was caught in one of our floods, so now I am making her replacements for those. I just finished one this week, so I'll see about taking a picture of it for Photo Friday. It takes about 7 hours to do one from start to finish, but of course, they are made whenever I can fit them into the schedule, so it usually takes a week or two to get one done. Sometimes more. Anyhow it's now 1 done and 4 to go. The worst part of them is hiding all the tails, since there are 6 or 10 per square. There are 15 squares and 1 triangle (for the heel) per stocking, which makes for an awful lot of tails. Then I put a little fake cuff on them and a loop for hanging. :manyheart

1,2 Cha-Cha-Cha........1,2 Cha-Cha-Cha.........Oh...........Excuse me, I was just getting practiced up for our lil get down one day!!! :0) Anyone else want to join me.....???

I have finished sewing together the Bernat Ghan and have part of a sc border row done as well. It looks better as an afghan than it did as a pile of squares, but I can't say that I like it. However, I will get it finished!

Way to go, Cindy! :clap :clap :clap

I don't know about the Cha-Cha, Kiyo, but I used to do belly dancing many years ago. Does that count? I'd have to practice up, of course, and can't do a back bend anymore because of the total knee replacement, but could do quite a bit of other stuff. Don't have any of the costumes anymore either.

We're getting a snow and sleet mixture at the moment. Yuck! :yuck I guess that's what was moving in and setting off my arthritis last night and today.

Its finished!!!:clap:clap:clap Its not as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm not crazy about it. I did a SC border around all the squares before I sewed them together, and finished with a round of SC, followed by a round of reverse HDC. My pictures are lousy. I probably should have waited for better light to take them.

post-6189-135897624039_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897624042_thumb.jpg

Hello ladies. Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I have been in such a stress mode lately & there is no need to bring y'all down with me. Even school has paid a price; I may get my first B in over a year. :o(

Miss you all.....:ghug

Miss you too Tab!!! And don't worry about a B- Hope your stress level subsides- and you know we are here to pick each other up when we need it!!:hug:hug:hug

Its finished!!!:clap:clap:clap Its not as bad as I expected it to be, but I'm not crazy about it. I did a SC border around all the squares before I sewed them together, and finished with a round of SC, followed by a round of reverse HDC. My pictures are lousy. I probably should have waited for better light to take them.

:clap:cheer:clap:yay Cindy did it!!!! She sewed the ghan together and it's beautiful!!!!! WTG Cindy:cheer:clap:yay

Hi Ladies,

Burr it's cold here! Sleet/freezing rain and maybe some snow on the way all by noon tomorrow. Propane was suppose to come but there truck broke down yesterday and if it is fixed today they might get here after they finish up yesterdays route. Sure glad we have a electric heater but it will make that cost higher. Oh well we'll have heat and this to shall pass.

DD took Maya to the doctor today and she has a double ear infection. She has 2 medicines to take.

The news just said it is colder in Texas than it is in Alaska. What's up with that?

Cindy, :clap for getting your bernatghan out and finishing it.

Julie, What a great start of your day spending with Cam.:clap Take it easy and relax the rest of the night.

Tab, Sorry things stressful right now. Hang in there.

Linda, A good way to get those stockings done by rewarding yourself with some quilting time.

Kiyo, Be careful out there driving the truck. I don't like driving on slippery roads and even wet rainy roads are starting to bother me when I'm in traffic.

Dusti, I'll bet your sweater is beautiful all finished.

Were going to go play a new card game tonight. Hand and foot. We've played it before but not here.

I'll catch you all later or tomorrow. Have a good night! Stay warm!

Marlene---my family LOVES hand and foot!!! I'm not a card player but there's always some card game going on when we all get together. And me.....I'm off watching a game and crocheting. My mind is on the go allllllll week long, I just want to chill out! My friends loved a game called Slap your neighbor---don't know if they really slapped each other but I know a bunch would play that too

It's almost the end of the never-ending work week Tomorrow will be day 12 in a row of work!

Stopped at ACM on the way home and picked up the yarn I needed to finish up the flannel'ghan....and of course----a few more skeins of Vanna's jumped into my cart- Honestly- they just jumped in:lol:lol

Dusti- I've never made a wearable- maybe someday- Glad that you got compliments on it- how did everyone like the new hairdo's

Kiyo- Be safe driving on Saturday

Linda- did you make the banana bread? Mmmmm - I could go for a piece of that right about now- but I'll settle for dreaming about it since I'm not about to bake one!

Marisa- I can't help you out with the sweater dilemma- but I think a vest sounds like a fine idea:yes:

Judy, Cheeria, LeAnna, Tammy, Val, Marlene, Mary---thinking about you but I've got to go get something to eat- I'm hungry!!!!

Try and BBL if I don't fall asleep again!:)

Archived