Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi everyone...

Dusty, yeah, I did some thread work last night...just little odds and ends from Jean Leinhauser's "Fabulous 50 Crochet Thread Motifs." Made a cross, a fan and a lattice square...

Suppose to be a busy day today...

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Ladies,

Just a quick drop in tonight. I have an early pt appt in the morning. It was 74 here today but come tuesday a big turn around in the weather. They said we could get snow flurries or maybe even ice this week. I thought I was in Texas not Michigan. I know I didn't go home yet.

Linda, Glad Kim was able to come home today. Really nice of you to make her blueberry waffles.

Tam, Prayers for your DH. Congrats on your sons wins.

Marisa, Hope you feel better soon! I worked on the heart doily that Cindy and Julie made. I'm using cotton yarn used for dishrags.

Julie, How sweet to share the reading with Cam.

Cheeria, Glad your feeling better and have a fun time at DD's house.

Judy, Glad sparkie is doing better.

Cindy, Did you send this cold weather were going to be getting down here? Be careful driving to work this week. I see there is a snow coming for Michigan.

Peaches, If you don't find what your looking for google it. You could even do a search on crochetville and get free patterns.

LeAnna, Are getting any of this bad weather that is going to be hitting everyone else this week.

Joanne, Congrats on finishing your scarf!

We have a retired doctor who lives in the park. She put on a wellness meeting for the ladies tonight. I wanted to pass this on for the people who have arthiritis. She said lay off the sugar and caffine.

Have to head to bed. Hope you all have a safe and good Monday!

Tab, How are you?

Temps are getting a bit more chilly, but except for chance of shower towards the end of the week, I think this storm will bypass us...

Hi again. :whewGlad to be home from the dentist, store and post office. I was there a little long, but he had an emergency patient and I didn't mind waiting...we're all friends after 22 years!

Tam - :hug to you and your family. I hope your DH gets over this very soon. Congratulations to your son on his wrestling wins!

Marisa - Your afghan turned out just perfect - love the bright colors. :clap

Julie - Poor Cam. I hope his headache is much better now.:yes I love broccoli fixed any way and we have it at least twice a week. Do you add cheese to your soup?

Cheeria - Your weekend sounds like a good one! Love hearing about the grandbabies. :c9 Luke isn't doing anything but babbling and laughing alot. :lol

Kiyo - I remember the talks with my DD...she's 36. I started early, because my mom never explained anything to us. Of course, she already knew about as much as I did, but listened patiently anyway. :lol

Hi to those I've missed. :ghug

They're calling for below 0* windchills by tomorrow night with ice/snow for tomorrow. With the Super Bowl being here this Sunday, there are already lots of extra activities - things could get interesting. :)

Oh! I was very good and started joining little squares before they got out of hand. :blush (I always delay the joining way too long.) This will be lapghan size, since I didn't think to go up a hook size and make 3 inch squares until I'd made 60 of the little suckers. :lol

oh the weather outside is awful,

but the bud is so delightful,

and since we've got places to go,

stop the snow! Stop the snow! Stop the snow!

It doesn't show signs of quitting,

so the mad dog i will be hitting

my mood is getting way down low,

stop the snow! Stop the snow! Stop the snow!

when we finally shovel the driveway,

here comes freezing rain to cover it today !

But if i drink enough whiskey to warm me up,

fill my cup,fill my cup,fill my cup.....

The fire is slowly dying,

if i keep drinking ,in the snowbank i'll be lying,

but as long as i keep the booze a flowing ,

let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

i am so sick of winter .... Two more storms on the way ......

breaking news :

ohio woman electrocuted ,when trying to remove the snow from her yard with her vacuum cleaner !!!!

she appeared to be highly intoxicated . More info available after autopsy is complete .

this seems to be turning into an epidemic in the area.

Julie, my friend, you are hilarious! Put the vacuum cleaner away now.

Hello everyone. Another busy day at work, but not as bad as last week.

We are supposed to get a huge storm this week, (record breaking, according to the TV news, but they always exaggerate), starting tomorrow afternoon, involving lots of snow and 50 MPH winds. We'll see what happens. I have to work tomorrow, but have Wed. And Thurs. off. So as far as I'm concerned it can snow all it wants on Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Kiyo, sounds like you and Aree had a nice low-key weekend together. Our dog sprawls on furniture in the oddest positions too. When are we going to see a picture of your doily?

Marlene, I heard on the news that something like 37 states were going to be affected by the storm system that is supposed to get here tomorrow. Sounds like Texas is one of them. I think that the heart doily would be a cute dishcloth for Valentines day. Might have to find some red yarn and make myself one.

Linda, how is Kim today?

Mary, hope your dental appointment went well.

Julie, poor Cam. It's awful to have such bad head-aches, and I think its even worse for a child. Hope you have a good evening with him tonight.

Judy, glad Sparkie is almost back to himself again.

Joanne, I can easily search the internet on my Nook color, but I dislike the on screen keyboard, which I believe the Ipad also has. Dh was talking about buying me an Ipad, (I think he wants one himself), but I think I can make do with my laptop, my Ipod, and my Nook. I personally think that I have plenty of gadgets for an old lady! Sounds like another long day in paradise for you.

Marisa, hope your work day went well.

Hi to everyone else.

:D:d:d

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy......I love you! Youre songs/poetry kill me! You remind me of me! I love my days here with you guys! Not a dull moment.

Hi Ladies -

http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/

I just saw a lovely square in the free pattern links section and this blog has wonderful patterns for squares!

Judy...Yep, I seem to be enabling again. :lol

You are right, some really beautiful square patterns here. (but I'm not making any)......Just sayin"!!!

I have lots of squares to sew together already......

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy......I love you! Youre songs/poetry kill me! You remind me of me! I love my days here with you guys! Not a dull moment.

awwww.....:c9:hug:manyheart

(the poetry is all Julie, she's the real talent around here)

Hello everyone. Another busy day at work, but not as bad as last week.

We are supposed to get a huge storm this week, (record breaking, according to the TV news, but they always exaggerate), starting tomorrow afternoon, involving lots of snow and 50 MPH winds. We'll see what happens. I have to work tomorrow, but have Wed. And Thurs. off. So as far as I'm concerned it can snow all it wants on Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Kiyo, sounds like you and Aree had a nice low-key weekend together. Our dog sprawls on furniture in the oddest positions too. When are we going to see a picture of your doily?

Marlene, I heard on the news that something like 37 states were going to be affected by the storm system that is supposed to get here tomorrow. Sounds like Texas is one of them. I think that the heart doily would be a cute dishcloth for Valentines day. Might have to find some red yarn and make myself one.

Linda, how is Kim today?

Mary, hope your dental appointment went well.

Julie, poor Cam. It's awful to have such bad head-aches, and I think its even worse for a child. Hope you have a good evening with him tonight.

Judy, glad Sparkie is almost back to himself again.

Joanne, I can easily search the internet on my Nook color, but I dislike the on screen keyboard, which I believe the Ipad also has. Dh was talking about buying me an Ipad, (I think he wants one himself), but I think I can make do with my laptop, my Ipod, and my Nook. I personally think that I have plenty of gadgets for an old lady! Sounds like another long day in paradise for you.

Marisa, hope your work day went well.

Hi to everyone else.

My doily.........you don't want to see a pic! lol We can't post them on here, can we? lol I guess we could call it a pillow case or something like that.

awwww.....:c9:hug:manyheart

(the poetry is all Julie, she's the real talent around here)

oh duh me----I knew that- I had just jumped back to re=read a post and caught your name on the bottom of it- not even noticing the "QUOTED" part---_DUHHH----sorry JULIE!!! LOVES to you TOO!!! lol

You'd have to disguise it.....:lol

I will get creative! Lol It can be the pillowcase edging or something lol It can be my couch pillow design! ahahahahaaa!

Hi Ladies -

http://myblueangels.blogspot.com/

I just saw a lovely square in the free pattern links section and this blog has wonderful patterns for squares!

Judy...Yep, I seem to be enabling again. :lol

Nice stuff!!!:devil

I just got the mail and received my quiltghan type pattern book you mentioned the other day - with maybe one exception I like them all!

BBL

Good evening ladies. Storm is starting here with freezing rain. Please don't let us lose power!!!!! Like to be warm when I crochet. At least I can cook because we have gas stove. Forcasting oodles of snow. OH NO!! Charging up cell phone and power chair now just in case. I won't rest easy until I know my DD is home from work safely. She doesn't get out until 10:30 tonite and has about 20 mi to get home. Maybe she will just come here but I doubt it. Stay safe everyone.

Good evening ladies :hi

Work actually went very quickly today :clap Thanks again to everyone's comments on my afghan :ghug And, not really sure how my stomach is doing since I haven't eaten much. Yesterday I had toast for bfast and a grilled cheese in the afternoon. I did fine with that so at that game had a turkey sandwich figuring that wasn't heavy :think But then my stomach started acting up again so today I had an english muffin for bfast and another just now and at lunch had some white rice from the chinese store. So far so good, but I gotta say that I don't even really FEEL hungry either :think I'm just taking it easy :yes

I downloaded a couple books just a few minutes ago on my nook :clap:yay They're the firsts. I'm loving the crossword puzzles for sure :lol

Judy - Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing so much better, hopefully tomorrow he'll be at 100% :xfin and :yay for your new pattern book.

Mary - Glad the dentist went well despite having to wait a little bit, I usually don't mind either when something like that happens :no We are also calling for the messy weather on its way :eek The square pattern is really cute.

Dusti - How nice that the students are doing some community service :yes It will help them start to value things a little more by realizing that everything is hard work and should be taken care of.

Kiyo - Awwww, the girl talk :D Aree sure is growing up fast ;) The slipper flops are awesome!!!! :manyheart

Julie - You totally crack me up :rofl Punching people in the nose so they can punch you back....you are too much. You sure did have a busy day with all those errands. Was Cam surprised with the soup?

LeAnna - I hope your busy day went by smoothly.

Cindy - We're getting that storm too, but I'm sure not nearly like what you're about to get. Keep safe and warm :hug :hug :hug

Good evening ladies. Storm is starting here with freezing rain. Please don't let us lose power!!!!! Like to be warm when I crochet. At least I can cook because we have gas stove. Forcasting oodles of snow. OH NO!! Charging up cell phone and power chair now just in case. I won't rest easy until I know my DD is home from work safely. She doesn't get out until 10:30 tonite and has about 20 mi to get home. Maybe she will just come here but I doubt it. Stay safe everyone.

Keep yourself warm and safe Wanda :hug I have a fireplace that I never use, but keep those self burning logs on hand just in case :think You just never know :no Let us also know that your dd makes it home alright :yes

Cindy and Kiyo

Thanks for the compliments. I dont think I have that much talent, I am just gabby ,and when I get in a certain mood I just think up stuff like that .

And Kiyo --- I think you could show your thong shaped doily,just so you arent modeling it and showing lots of skin. We would definitely be breaking policy by doing that,but if you just take a photo of it, I dont think it'd be anything R- rated . Just like someone showing a crocheted bikini or something .

Oh the weather outside is awful,

But the Bud is so delightful,

And since we've got places to go,

Stop the Snow! Stop the Snow! Stop the Snow!

It doesn't show signs of quitting,

So the Mad Dog I will be hitting

My mood is getting way down low,

Stop the Snow! Stop the Snow! Stop the Snow!

When we finally shovel the driveway,

Here comes freezing rain to cover it today !

But if I drink enough whiskey to warm me up,

Fill my cup,fill my cup,fill my cup.....

The fire is slowly dying,

If I keep drinking ,in the snowbank I'll be lying,

But as long as I keep the booze a flowing ,

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I AM SO SICK OF WINTER .... TWO MORE STORMS ON THE WAY ......

Breaking news :

Ohio Woman electrocuted ,when trying to remove the snow from her yard with her vacuum cleaner !!!!

She appeared to be highly intoxicated . More info available after autopsy is complete .

This seems to be turning into an epidemic in the area.

Oh, lordy! Extreme stupidity to try vacuuming snow! :eek Loved the song! :manyheart

***Good morning my friends!

:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

Monday, monday......I am just singing to meself! lol Hope everyone had a great weekend- I only got to read a few posts, maybe some time today I can catch up!

I didn't go skiing on sat---Aree didnt' go to her dads' as he had to work fri night and then she and I cleaned and chilled out on sat for most of the afternoon. She wanted to play store, so I made her (clean/play at the same time) I had her pretend like she was selling the bag of toys/books, etc we are donating to a shelter lol how much she was selling to them! She's so funny.

She is just barely 10, and had to have the "GIRL" talk with her little by little. YIKES She's starting to develop and has the HARIEST legs. lol- I told her this summer we can de-funk them lol. She's a good little sport. She's loving to wear her little braziers! I love it, I told her when she's older she's going to hate them though! She doesn't believe me.

I worked on a couple things on and off over the weekend. My wedding ghan, my UNDERPANTIES,:yes:yes AHAHAHAH! & my awesome slipper/flops.

Here's my other dog Noelle- she's kind of a crazy girl! NO- she's not dead in the pic lol That's how she lays on the furniture. (I wish she would of folded the laundry in the chair next to her though lol ) She gave me a scare over the weekend- she quit wagging her tail -she's a wagger and she looked at me funny like maybe she couldn't hear me-and she kept breathing heavy, so it was kind of crazy since I've had her since just before my daughter was born sooooo she's like a kid to me. BUT....I do know she's getting up there in age sooo I need to be prepared.

Anyhow- hope all is well for everyone!

Noelle looks like she gets into some of the weird poses that our dogs get into every now and then.

My doily.........you don't want to see a pic! lol We can't post them on here, can we? lol I guess we could call it a pillow case or something like that.

Of, course, you can post pictures here! And, of course, we want to see it! :devil

Good evening, my house friends. John went hunting this morning for a while and again for a few hours in the evening. We ganged up on Kim and gave her her shower jointly, just in case she got wobbly on us. Which she didn't. She had a good night last night and has slept most of the day today. She's extremely tired, but then you don't get a lot of sleep in the hospital. She's on oxygen, oral antibiotics and we're keeping her feet elevated because they are extremely swollen. She doesn't have much appetite yet, so we're just trying to make sure that what she does eat is super nutritious. I have a doctor appointment on Friday, but that's the only thing on the calendar for this week.

I'm gradually getting rested up, too. I finished the first Christmas stocking today and have almost half of the squares made for the next one.

I got the tickets and everything for the Sewing and Quilt Expo on Saturday. Yay! :yay I'm really looking forward to it. Just over 5 weeks to wait.

Catch you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Linda, thanks for the update on Kim. Have a good night:hug

That's what's coming our way!:P

I hope your DD gets home okay. I also charge up my cell and my Nook before we get storms - overhead wires sometimes come down.

And we have an electric stove:(

but I gotta say that I don't even really FEEL hungry either :think I'm just taking it easy :yesjust make sure you stay hydrated:hug

I downloaded a couple books just a few minutes ago on my nook :clap:yay They're the firsts. I'm loving the crossword puzzles for sure :lol

I have such a collection on mine....it'll take a while to get through them all!

Judy - Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing so much better, hopefully tomorrow he'll be at 100% :xfin and :yay for your new pattern book.

I love all the design possibilities there are with those little squares!

Off for the night...:hug

Mary

Thanks for the link - my gosh, that girl has some beautiful squares doesnt she ?

Marisa

I'm glad I gave you a good chuckle ... and Cam guessed what I was making him. He usually asks for that or spaghetti. He says I make the best ..but it's just out of a jar. There's a town about 45 minutes from here that has a restaurant and a factory that actually makes and ships the sauce out to lots of stores all over the area, and boy is it good !

Wanda

You stay safe too,and I hope your girl gets home before the roads get too bad .

Linda - Thanks for the update on Kim and :yay for her having a good night and catching up on sleep :yes

Judy - I sure am keeping hydrated.....lots of water and hot tea :D Not so much now since I don't want to be up all night running to the bathroom :lol But surely all day long :yes

Mary

Thanks for the link - my gosh, that girl has some beautiful squares doesnt she ?

Marisa

I'm glad I gave you a good chuckle ... and Cam guessed what I was making him. He usually asks for that or spaghetti. He says I make the best ..but it's just out of a jar. There's a town about 45 minutes from here that has a restaurant and a factory that actually makes and ships the sauce out to lots of stores all over the area, and boy is it good !

Wanda

You stay safe too,and I hope your girl gets home before the roads get too bad .

Well, I guess if he's got 2 favorites, then he has a 50/50 chance of getting it right :lol I do make my own pasta sauce, but am intrigued by yours :think

Good morning ladies :hi

Joanne - I only have wi fi on the nook color. On mine there's a separate tab that says 'web' I'm not sure what it will be on yours, but I am pretty sure that it is there. With the iPad, you should be able to log in with your current wireless and not have to pay a data fee :think But you might want to double check on that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll catch y'all later on.

Marisa- I went to the tab that said 'web' and it was connected - but I couldn't find where to search- it brought up a nook beta browser???? I am too tired to re-attempt it to tonight- maybe tomorrow. I can log in with my ipad with the wireless and not pay a fee. But it won't work as a phone. I was able to get in with the ipad without a problem. If I can't figure out the NOok getting onto the web I'll stop at B&N on my way home from paradise one night! Thanks!!!

Archived