Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I've already been to crochet pattern central. I was looking for some other websites that are similar. Im the kind of person that likes to look at a wide variety of different patterns before I make my final decision! I hope that makes sense!

As far as I know, the CPC owner doesn't list patterns that do not have a picture, but other than that the site is probably the most prolific pattern source by a long shot. I would guess that she has links to at least 75% of the free patterns available online, and probably more.

You could also check out some afghan pattern books. Most public libraries have some available.

You could also find a stitch pattern that you like and make it into an afghan, or enlarge a baby blanket pattern.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, glad Sparkie made it through all that snow. It seems like a good sign that he was willing to try it.

Joanne, hope your work day is going well, and you get home early.

Julie, I hope you are visiting with Cam, and having a great time.

Linda, it sounds like Kim is definitely on the mend. Hope she can come home soon.

Cheeria... you've been quiet. Is everything okay?

Marlene, it's undoubtedly another day of fun and games out there in Texas! Enjoy the lovely weather, we've got sunshine today.

BBL...

I've already been to crochet pattern central. I was looking for some other websites that are similar. Im the kind of person that likes to look at a wide variety of different patterns before I make my final decision! I hope that makes sense!

Try the Red Heart and Coats and Clark sites. Oh, also Bernat.

Hey House..........

Oh how I have missed you all!!!!!!!!!

I pop on here at the 'ville... answer a few things... then have to hop off... and never get a real chance to hang out and come visit you all. :sigh

Anyway............. lots has been going on around here..... Hubby was admitted to the hospital Friday afternoon due to an infection.

He's had a temp... issues with his mouth... and a cough. They have done blood work... CT scan... Chest Xray and have come to the conclusion he has pneumonia.... and his mouth issues are from his last round of chemo. They have him on antibiotics and are watching him close! He wont be able to come home until he is clean and healthy and his blood work numbers are up!

So any and all prayers for him to come through this and get home soon would be very much appreciated!!!

Yesterday was a busy but awesome day for my 14yr old and his wrestling team.

After an hour and a half drive to the school... our boys were ready to win! The team took 1st Place in the Tournament!

My son had a great day of matches! He won 4 of his 5 matches... 3 of them being PINS! I'm just so proud of them all!

post-18634-135897622287_thumb.jpg

post-18634-13589762228_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

thanks so much....

have a great rest of your weekend!!!

Hey tam, glad to hear from you. Will keep dh in my continued prayers and wtg to your son and his wrestling. Don't worry about not getting to visit us often, we're always here when you do find an extra couple minutes :yes:hug

Hey House..........

Oh how I have missed you all!!!!!!!!!

I pop on here at the 'ville... answer a few things... then have to hop off... and never get a real chance to hang out and come visit you all. :sigh

Anyway............. lots has been going on around here..... Hubby was admitted to the hospital Friday afternoon due to an infection.

He's had a temp... issues with his mouth... and a cough. They have done blood work... CT scan... Chest Xray and have come to the conclusion he has pneumonia.... and his mouth issues are from his last round of chemo. They have him on antibiotics and are watching him close! He wont be able to come home until he is clean and healthy and his blood work numbers are up!

So any and all prayers for him to come through this and get home soon would be very much appreciated!!!

After an hour and a half drive to the school... our boys were ready to win! The team took 1st Place in the Tournament!

My son had a great day of matches! He won 4 of his 5 matches... 3 of them being PINS! I'm just so proud of them all!

[ATTACH]34147[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34146[/ATTACH]

thanks so much....

Hi, Tammy. Congratulations to the boys and prayers for your hubby. :hug :hug :hug

Kim is coming home this afternoon sometime. :yay I just finished making her a batch of blueberry wafles. Something she really likes, especially on the weekends. Getting her on our food instead of hospital food should help with her appetite. We use lots of spices when we cook and that's certainly NOT something you find in hospital food. :lol

I may take a nap this afternoon.

I'm so glad you have it out! It's a shame to hide such pretty work.

Joanne, you have asweet hubby. Mine wouldn't know what to do with a box of spaghetti:lol:lol:lol

One the other hand, my mom made sure we all (including my brothers) knew how to at least find their way around a kitchen.

The difference between my sweet Greek MIL..and my pragmatic Polish mom...

Not much to share here...

'nite all.

Now Judy, I can't have every single goodie I make out on display...so I do have a nice place for them to live until it's their time to come out and be displayed...I try really hard to rotate what I have because believe you me, I am not one of those people that "saves things for a special occasion" and the special occasion never happens...besides, when I made that particular doily, it got used A LOT until I moved back...but it's out now...

The big blue doily from my 2006 link in my siggie, you'll be happy to know that it's out on display too...

I have a new book of doilies and there is another swan doily I want to make that has two swans...I just love the swan doilies and also the floral doilies too...

I had a cat doily out a week or two ago and had it on my side table next to my chair, well Serenghetti attempted a magic act with it...meaning that she pulled it and everything on it came tumbling down...darn cat! So for right now, that doily is put away...but it got used A LOT here at the house when we were home for visits...first on our dining table and then the first year home on a cart that is on our entry way...

Kim is coming home this afternoon sometime. :yay I just finished making her a batch of blueberry wafles. Something she really likes, especially on the weekends. Getting her on our food instead of hospital food should help with her appetite. We use lots of spices when we cook and that's certainly NOT something you find in hospital food. :lol

we gave my MIL a shaker of spices to use on her dinners when she was in the NH.

I may take a nap this afternoon.

Oh, that's great news! Please let them know how we were all pulling for her....:)

Good thoughts for all of you. This has to be so hard....:hug:manyheart:hug

[ATTACH]34147[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34146[/ATTACH]

thanks so much....

You DS must be ecstatic! Congrats to him and his team.

Now Judy, I can't have every single goodie I make out on display...so I do have a nice place for them to live until it's their time to come out and be displayed...I try really hard to rotate what I have because believe you me, I am not one of those people that "saves things for a special occasion" and the special occasion never happens...besides, when I made that particular doily, it got used A LOT until I moved back...but it's out now...

I'm using things, too - no special ocassions here, so....

The big blue doily from my 2006 link in my siggie, you'll be happy to know that it's out on display too...

WTG! Is that the big round one....so gorgeous...or the equally gorgeous one with the flowers??

I have a new book of doilies and there is another swan doily I want to make that has two swans...I just love the swan doilies and also the floral doilies too...

I had a cat doily out a week or two ago and had it on my side table next to my chair, well Serenghetti attempted a magic act with it...meaning that she pulled it and everything on it came tumbling down...darn cat! So for right now, that doily is put away...but it got used A LOT here at the house when we were home for visits...first on our dining table and then the first year home on a cart that is on our entry way...

Sounds like Ghetti didn't like it:lol:lol:lol:lol

Thanks :hug Now that it's done, I think I like it :think:lol I wasn't fond of it as I was doing the squares, but am surprised at how nicely it came together in the end :yes

The overall look is really good - looks well planned (even if you didn't think so at the time;))

Hi guys

Quick check in,as Cam has a book he has to have done by morning for school,so me and him are taking turns reading it . He is allowed to have someone read it to him,so he reads, then I do . Quietest I have ever seen him . It's odd -- I keep looking at him to make sure he is ok. It'd be about like ME being quiet .. a very RARE occurrence if anyone is here with EARS .

Marisa

Love the afghan. I think the colors look very modern -- like one of the modern art paintings .

Tam

We are all pulling for you and your entire family -- everyone here in The House sending positive wishes to each and every one of your family .

Linda

great news on Kim,and so good of you to make one of her favorite foods when she gets home. That hospital food is pretty doggone nasty and tasteless stuff .

Back to the doily -- working on that in between me and Cam's reading turns .. will check back in later .

The overall look is really good - looks well planned (even if you didn't think so at the time;))

Well, I still did make just a couple changes with the layout and replaced the 2 initial squares with another 2 from the second clue to be more symmetrical :blush shhhhh

Ok, gotta run to get ready to head out. Games at 6 and picking up Mary at 5:15

Hi guys

Quick check in,as Cam has a book he has to have done by morning for school,so me and him are taking turns reading it . He is allowed to have someone read it to him,so he reads, then I do . Quietest I have ever seen him . It's odd -- I keep looking at him to make sure he is ok. It'd be about like ME being quiet .. a very RARE occurrence if anyone is here with EARS .

Marisa

Love the afghan. I think the colors look very modern -- like one of the modern art paintings .

Tam

We are all pulling for you and your entire family -- everyone here in The House sending positive wishes to each and every one of your family .

Linda

great news on Kim,and so good of you to make one of her favorite foods when she gets home. That hospital food is pretty doggone nasty and tasteless stuff .

Back to the doily -- working on that in between me and Cam's reading turns .. will check back in later .

Thanks Julie, we were posting at the same time ;)

Hey ladies, me again ;)

Linda - So glad to hear that Kim is coming home today :hug :hug :hug

I finally finished my bernat mystery cal ghan :clap:yay:bounce:woo

That turned out very pretty, Marisa. :clap :clap :clap

Kim is home! The oxygen guy has come and gone. John's getting ready to run a few errands, pick up meds, and groceries.

Tomorrow is the last day of hunting, so he's going to try and get us another deer before the season's over. This has really put a crimp in his hunting plans for last week.:lol

Hi there House :cheer, I had a nice day today. After church, I went with my friend to Barnes and Nobles for she wanted to buy the color NOOK and I'm glad she did for I got to see how it work and I was shock to see that It can get immediate access to the internet and we even went to crochetville just to try it out. Now I think maybe in a year or so I want one too. :think I'm loving my NOOK but I have to remember not to fall asleep with it, with that in mind when I feel my eye lids closing I immediately put my NOOK on my night table. :P I didn't work on any crafts this whole week-end for I just lazy around and was able to get on line without any interruptions to do a little research on weaving. I also was able to find a dishcloth pattern that I wanted to crochet. It feels good to lazy around without anyone bothering me to do this and that. :D Tomorrow is my doctor appointment with my arthritis doctor and then on Wednesday I will be leaving to stay for 3 days at my daughter's house to take care of the lil grand darlings while she goes to Washington DC for her job. Oh did I tell you that the baby now has two teeths and he can say, mama, dada and something like grandma which we all understand that's he's saying grandma. :lol:lol:lol Both brothers get along real good together and I'm happy about that. I'm trying to teach Jaedon to read and at 3 he is doing quite well. I have to say that these past few weeks have been okay weeks for me and my family and we even been laughing more which is good for the body, mind and soul. :)

Marisa - your Benat ghan look real nice, just seeing yours make me feel guilty of not sewing mines together as of yet, but one of these days I will get to it, just not now. Enjoy your new color NOOK, they are real nice.

Joanne - Hey :cheer

Linda - it's nice to hear that Kim is coming home from the hospital and it's so thoughtful of you to make her blueberry muffins, I know she will enjoy that. So sweet of you. :manyheart

Julie - it's fun reading with your grandchildren I do enjoy that too

Cindy - gee thanks for the heart doily pattern site, it's really pretty

Julie - Glad your sweet dog didn't get stuck in the snow and he's ok.

Leanna - Hey there how are you doing :hug

To everyone that I may have miss HUGS :hug:hug

Cheeria, it does sound like things are going well for you and your family. I'm so happy for you...:manyheart Babies grow so fast...he's saying words already?!

Jules...you and Cam are making more memories...:c9:manyheart

Linda, I'll bet Kim sleeps well tonight, being in her own bed...:)

I haven't made the hearts doily...the hook I had on hand and tried using for the #3 thread wasn't working for me...so I skipped on ahead to the square doily. I'm using red #10 thread and a # 6 hook (I think). I have about 6 rows done and I have to say that I really like the symmetry of this one.:yes

Once my eyes got tired I pulled out the baby RR to work on. I'm about 2/3rds finished with it. The Vanna is a dream to work with for the most part.

Off I go - back to the RR.:hook Have a good night, my firends!

I'm home- got in around 5:20PM! Another long day- but now it's over and I get to relax----until tomorrow morning!!

Marisa- Your ghan is gorgeous!!! Doesn't it feel great to have it finished? Have fun at the game tonight! I've never tried posting from the Nook...I really should give it a try- and also posting from my IPad. I took it to work and since I don't have 3G on mine it didn't seem to work in the office. I'm going to take it downstairs tomorrow at work and see if I can pick it up there. There is a network password you have to use when I tried to go to the web at work!

Julie- That's fun- taking turns with Cam reading!! Glad he came to spend the day with you.

Linda- That's great news that Kim is home and so sweet of you to make her the blueberry waffles! Hope her adjustment back home isn't too difficult! Hugs to you!

Tammy- Prayers continuing for Ken! How exciting that the boys had such a great tournament- Loved seeing the pics.

Cindy- I brought cotton yarn with me to work today and was going to start a dishcloth --but that never happened. I think tonight I may just work on the flannel'ghan while watching the ProBowl- nice mindless crocheting!

Judy- Glad that Sparkie is doing ok. And did you hear- more snow/ice on the way? I can't stand it anymore!!!! I wish my commute was like a Sunday everyday!!!

I'm going to go get into some comfy pj's now!

Archived