Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joanne, sorry you had such a rough day. Hope youa re able to relax for a bit tonight.

I had the day off, (obviously, since I had all sorts of time to bother Kiya), but I have to work tomorrow, and the weather isn't looking too good here at the moment. Unfortunately an ICU can't close for snow, so it's off to work I go, no matter what the weather. Luckily I have a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Julie, I started the heart doily. So far it's pretty easy.

Cindy

You found the poodle !!! Good job !

Kiyo

Maybe girls nowadays don't even know what hope chests are ???? When I was growing up and probably long before too, girls would make things and buy things for their house once they got married ,and it was called a hope chest .

Why, I dont know ?

Joanne

Good to see you -- you poor thing, you sound really beat tonite. Hope you get lots of rest .

Cindy

Yep, I caught Kiyo trying to get someone else to make her doilies. Dont worry, she wont pull anything on MY watch !

I have been working on a dishcloth tonite-- need to make a store run in the morning to get some pink or red --some heart color to make the doily -- all I have is off white .

Will get working on it tomorrow !

Julie, I had some pink size 3 thread back from when I had the bright idea of making flowers from it. That never happened. (I also have purple and green.)

I don't have any in white or off white though. I'll have to get some before I start the square doily.

Good night everyone. See you after work tomorrow.

lol I'm not old enough to do doilies!

You're never too young to make doilies! I'm and exhausted mom with no time to dream of the days when I can spoil grand children and then send them home! My very first crochet project was a thread doily which I finished a few years ago. I'm currently working on a thread filet crochet shawl that will hopefully be finished in another year or two. I love the variety that I find in these types of projects, as I get way too bored with large repetitive projects.

Wow ladies, is this what happens on a snow day?! :think

Forgive me as I stopped (well, didn't even start) taking notes when I saw I had 15 pages to go through, but i did read through them all :yes

First of all, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes :hug :hug :ghug May I just say that it was a pretty crappy bday, but that's alright, we have a sixers game tomorrow night and hopefully we'll win :xfin Work was of course super slow, so I worked on the knit sock that's been sitting in my desk drawer untouched since before the bernat mystery cal :eek The roads were horrible on the way in, but not too bad on the way back.

Let's see :think

Cindy and Julie - I'll gladly admit to those thong underpants :think:rofl Much more comfy than one would ever think :yes But, I can't say I've ever MADE any :lol

I've never made any doilies, but of course would not be opposed to giving it a go. Maybe we should pick an easy one to start for me and kiyo :think:D

Kiyo - I am only 32 today :clap:yay There is a young teenager that stops by every now and again too :yes

:welcome Joy and Peaches

Linda - continuing to keep Kim in my prayers that she continues to do well and can go home soon :hug :hug :hug

LeAnna - Beautiful swan doily :manyheart

Well ladies, I know it's early but I'm going to hit another thread and then am going to bed :yes

Hey Jude

Feel free to join us if you wanna be in the Old Lady Doily club .

Kiyo is already signed up ,and so is Mary, me and Cindy !

Glad someone dug you out. We pay these big strapping football player boys from school who come around when it snows a lot. Neither of us is in the condition to be out shoveling either .

LeAnna

All your pictures are beautiful .The sweaters are stunning ! How long did the biggest round doily take you ?

Cheeria

Love those scarves-- they are really pretty .

I think the big doilies took me anywhere from a week to a month,...back then I crocheted nonstop, so it's possible that at least one of them took a week...,

Wow ladies, is this what happens on a snow day?! :think

Forgive me as I stopped (well, didn't even start) taking notes when I saw I had 15 pages to go through, but i did read through them all :yes

First of all, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes :hug :hug :ghug May I just say that it was a pretty crappy bday, but that's alright, we have a sixers game tomorrow night and hopefully we'll win :xfin Work was of course super slow, so I worked on the knit sock that's been sitting in my desk drawer untouched since before the bernat mystery cal :eek The roads were horrible on the way in, but not too bad on the way back.

Let's see :think

Cindy and Julie - I'll gladly admit to those thong underpants :think:rofl Much more comfy than one would ever think :yes But, I can't say I've ever MADE any :lol

I've never made any doilies, but of course would not be opposed to giving it a go. Maybe we should pick an easy one to start for me and kiyo :think:D

Kiyo - I am only 32 today :clap:yay There is a young teenager that stops by every now and again too :yes

:welcome Joy and Peaches

Linda - continuing to keep Kim in my prayers that she continues to do well and can go home soon :hug :hug :hug

LeAnna - Beautiful swan doily :manyheart

Well ladies, I know it's early but I'm going to hit another thread and then am going to bed :yes

Thank you!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope all is well with Kim. Keeping her in my prayers.

Judy, The babyghan is beautiful! Hope sparkie is doing better.

Dusti, Glad you had a good visit with the family.

Julie, Was hoping the caron yarn would work out for you. You, Cindy and Kiyo have been quite funny here today. Good laughs.

Cindy, Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a fun day with hubby. My DH has one of those lights from Menards and I use when I crochet. Once I started using I noticed when I wasn't using it. I really like it.

Mary, Hope your MIL is okay. Glad you had a nice time with DD and Luke.

LeAnna, Glad to see! All your projects are awesome! The cats are cute to. The swan doily is beautiful! The new friday night hangout sounds like a cool place to go.

Kiyo, Aree looked so happy and excited to be skiing. Cute hats you've made. Hope everything works out for you to get married in Jamaica.

Marisa, Happy Birthday! Today was my Mom & Dad's anniverary. It would of been 55 years if he was still with us. Sorry your day wasn't the best. Maybe tomorrows game night will make up for it.

Cheeria, The scarves are cool. I like the striped one the best.

Shannon, Glad things are getting better. I think my hubby brings on some of his migarines over worrying about the little things. He takes Imitrex at on set and it almost always takes it away. Myself if I get one I take 2 ibprofens with an allergy pill and it almost takes it completely away. I can function and not have to go to bed with it.

Welcome to Orchid (Joy) and Peaches!

Faile, Hi!

I've been busy up at the kitchen this week. Tuesday the pool players had a silent auction and we made the sloppy joes for them. We had to be there to serve the lunch to. It was fun visiting with different ones all day.

I did get a sign that has the red, white and blue theme.

Yesterday we got all the decorations done from the attic for Valentine's Day. And we put the Christmas lights away that were outside on the trees. Today was spent decorating the hall. It went pretty well. But it was a long day.

I talked to both of the GDS tonight. They both have gotten new winter coats and they both are pink. I'm wondering if they got the same coats to. I'm going to bed, see you all tomorrow. Have a nice friday everyone!

Good morning!

I went to bed after signing off- picked up a book and read about 2 pages before gravity started closing my eyelids. So I was asleep by 9:15 or so- and woke up at 4:15 AM- wide awake!!! I feel better after 7 hrs of sleep!

Marisa- Sorry that your birthday was a bust so to speak, but I'll bet you have fun tonight at the Sixer's game---and I wonder if Mary has anything up her sleeve for the game tonight? Our roads were horrific in the AM yesterday. It took me close to an hour and a half to get to work (normal travel time in the morning 25 min-30 min). The ride home was better until I got to my town- some roads were horrific. Maybe we ran out of snow removal $$??? :think We'll see what today brings- and I see :flake in the forecast for today, tomorrow, next Tues and Wed. But I don't think a lot of snow is expected. :xfinI would hope not!!! This is so NOT typical for NJ!!!

Linda- Hope that today is a good one for Kim and that she gets to come home. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck with the doily making- especially KIYO!!!!! I just know she will LOVE making one!!! I'll be here cheering you all on!!! I think they are beautiful! I , however, will not be joining you in your endeavor! I want to make baby things after I finally have time to sit down and crochet! But first need to finish my flannel'ghan which is at the same spot where I left it an eternity ago- or at least what feels like an eternity. The scarf too hasn't been touched.

Cindy- Hope you didn't get too much snow and the roads are good for your trek into paradise today

Judy- Hope that Sparkie is feeling better today- and thanks for the pictures---like I needed another reminder of all the snow we've been getting:lol:lol

Marlene- You seem to be having a great time in TX this winter!! Valentine's decorations up and all- that means we're almost to Feb- which means we are inching towards spring. Hope that your PT is continuing to help!

LeAnna- forgot to comment last evening on your doily- beautiful!!!

Julie- I was beyond tired last evening as evidenced by my falling asleep before 9:30!!! I feel better today- and I'm going to try to have an early night tonight too- which probably won't be too hard since I'm up so early!! I just hope the snow they are predicting doesn't amount to anything, because quite frankly, I think I'm extra tired because of the shoveling on top of all the work!:yes

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday- and I'll see you all on the flip side!!!:hug

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland ........

Everywhere you go ...

Take a look at the icicles in your spouts,

Ready to rip loose ,without a doubt ...

It's beginning to look a lot Iceland

Snow on every road ....

But the prettiest sight to see is the melting that will be

In another month or 2 or 3 .......

A pair of snow boots and a snowblower that shoots

Is the wish of Cindy and Jude;

Kids that won't talk and will go for a walk

Is the hope of parents all over the land ;

And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for spring to start again.

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland

Ev'rywhere you go

There's a caved in roof in the No-Tell Motel,

one in your house as well,

From all the added weight of the snow.

Soon the sirens will start,

And the thing that will make them ring is the curse words that you sing

As you hit an icey patch

And fall on your ***

With icewater running through your heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's beginning to look a lot like Iceland ........

Everywhere you go ...

Take a look at the icicles in your spouts,

Ready to rip loose ,without a doubt ...

It's beginning to look a lot Iceland

Snow on every road ....

But the prettiest sight to see is the melting that will be

In another month or 2 or 3 .......

A pair of snow boots and a snowblower that shoots

Is the wish of Cindy and Jude;

Kids that won't talk and will go for a walk

Is the hope of parents all over the land ;

And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for spring to start again.

Ev'rywhere you go

There's a caved in roof in the No-Tell Motel,

one in your house as well,

From all the added weight of the snow.

Soon the sirens will start,

And the thing that will make them ring is the curse words that you sing

As you hit an icey patch

And fall on your ***

With icewater running through your heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol LOVE IT!!!! Julie, my friend- you have missed your calling!!!!!!! Thank you for brightening up my day with this little ditty!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:hug

A Good Morning and Hi Howdy to one and all

We have more snow,ladies ....

I for one am totally SICK of it ....

Not much new in my world, another Friday here already ...so will have Sam and probably Cam here for the weekend ..

Nothing much else new in beautiful downtown Hilljack land .

I will make a trek to the store to get some pink or red thread to make my heart doily today . Gotta do laundry and figure out what to make for supper ....

Nothing else big on my agenda ....hope you all have a good day......

And remember ,only 347 days til spring !!!

Good morning ladies :hi

TGIF!!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day today :hug :hug :hug I probably won't make it back in tonight after the game but you never know since it's friday :clap:yay

Marlene - I love sloppy joe's :drool How did the silent auction make out??

Joanne - We're supposed to get more snow too. I love the snow, just not happy about having to shovel the crap the street plow leaves behind and across the parking lot entrance :( I doubt Mary has anything up her sleeve. I've never been a big bday person, but they may show up with a cake :think That's usually the extent of my celebrations....cake and dinner.....did you hear that Julie - CAKE!!!!!

Julie - you are too funny :rofl I love that I come in here and you girls cheer me up when I'm feeling a bit bummy :yes Today is starting better already :lol:hug

Hi, peeps.

Sparkie is no worse, but still tentative. At least he does use the back leg, since I hear it's bad when they don't use it at all. He's also a drama queen, so with him it's always hard to tell how bad things are. No playing in the snow for him.

Haven't heard from Linda :think - I hope Kim is okay.

Didn't start my doily yet...maybe today.

Off to get my weekly chiro./phys therapy treatment from DS today, so not sure when I'll be back...

Have a good one.

ANd Jules...would you please send your snow in another direction? Tomorrow night we're getting it and maybe next week again:bang:thair

This is belated, and I apologize, but

:birthday to you, Marisa!!

I still have to go back and read yesterday's posts, but I still want to say that I hope you had a special day. Warm wishes for the upcoming year.

Good morning

Marisa

I hope your day is better today ,and have fun at the game .

Jude

I was wondering how Sparkie was today -- hope his leg gets better soon,and good luck on your therapy today .

Morning Peaches

Hi there Dusti

I had a request :

Since Jude doesnt want more of OUR snow, could you guys shift the rest of YOUR snow in a different direction ?

Since you are further west, ours comes from your direction,so we need to get to the bottom of this map-wise and see who can turn the button off.

I think Leanna is furthest west of all of us, but I don't think their weather hits us, I think ours comes from a little further south .

Happy Birthday Miss Mary !! :yay:yay:yay

I cannot believe how many birthdays we all have,jam packed together within a couple days of each other !

We had Joanne, Cindy, Marisa,now you ... hope I didnt forget anyone else that was recent .:think

Linda

Waiting and wondering how things are down your way . I hope the No News is Good News is what we are looking at .

Thinking of you, Kim and all her family .:hug

I'm back and just look what I found for you:

http://twosisters.lothruin.com/cozies.html

You can start it right after your doilies are finished!

AHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I need your addresses so I can send you all one for Christmas this year! lol

Archived