Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlene - I love sloppy joe's :drool

Come on over, we're having sloppy joes for dinner. (They are leftovers though. Its only dh and I here tonight, and since we've been out for dinner the past two nights, we thought we'd better stay home.)

Sparkie is no worse, but still tentative. At least he does use the back leg, since I hear it's bad when they don't use it at all. He's also a drama queen, so with him it's always hard to tell how bad things are. No playing in the snow for him.

Isn't he a drama king? Poor Sparkie........

Hi Joy !

Kiyo

May I just suggest that you save your THONG yarn for a King sized bedspread ?

Remember, i'm an old lady and am GRANDMA SHAPED,so I am sqishy like a big bunch of pillows .

Alas.... I think a THONG would get lost in the crowd .

:laughroll:haha:rofl

Hey Cindy

Got the mini-heart doily done today . I think they should have called it a coaster . Way too tiny for a doily .

I'll get Sam to snap a photo when he gets home . Very easy to follow and complete ,so you should be able to get it done in a jiffy !

I don't have any white size 3, so I am up to the end of the red section. I have some knit-cro-sheen somewhere though that I think will work. I agree that it is too small to be a doily, but it would work for a candle mat or under a small vase of flowers. I might make a few more in different colors and use them for coaster. it worked up fast enough.

I guess we're ready for something slightly more complex, huh?

Dusti, I'm so jealous of your Hawaii vacation, even though I will probably never go there, since I don't quite see how I can get there without flying. (I'm a coward!)

And yes, I think you should get some red thread and join us in our doily making, or in your case, coaster making. I am thinking of getting a bunch of different colors and making the heart doily as a set of colorful coasters.

Kiyo, that red and white outfit is cute.

Joy, you are making afghans for your boys? What patterns are you using?

Mary, the cover afghan on that book you linked to is really nice. However, we all know how I feel about sewing squares together! I will leave that to the rest of you. At least until I have the three afghans that Iam making from squares finished.

Shannon, I've never thought much about what an ideal craft room would be like. I have a sewing room, but I tend to spread my stuff all over the house. Dh thinks yarn and hooks are our decoration theme. Now that I have that new light though, I would definitely specify good lighting.

Linda, sorry to hear that Kim isn't doing as well as you had hoped. Praying for improvement.

Hmmmm....I want to see this book! That sounds like an awesome afghan! How do I look it up?
Looks as though Mary was on the ball and got the info up for you quicker than I could have.

Dusti---can I fit in a suitcase??? I want to go!
Welllll, it would be a tight squeeze :lol With 2 girls, I can only handle a single suitcase and keep track of everyone's carry-on bags, so if you can find a spot in there, go ahead and make yourself comfy. We only have one stop-over this time, so you could stretch your legs after only 11 hrs of traveling. Still want to come? How about if I just send some sunshine your way? :wink

Cute baby outfit!! What size is it? 3-6 mos?? Looks snuggly :yes

Kiyo ~ Here is a link to the book...I've ordered from this site and they're great!

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=LA2866

Dusti ~ Oh! I'd forgotten about the Double Irish Chain! Mine wasn't nearly as big as yours. :lol

Thank you for digging up that link so quickly. I was going to head down to find my bin and post the info tomorrow. Much better seeing it your way.

I still shudder when I think about that Double IC. Isn't that awful? It turned out so nice, but, what was I thinking??? California King-size...ai-yi-yi. Never again :ohdear

Keep up the good progress, Joy. You will have both of those afghans done soon, at this rate :yay For what kind of yarn are you shopping? We like pics of yarn purchases, too ;)

Sounds as though it is good Kim is at the hospital right now, Linda. I continue to say prayers for the three of you. How weary you must be from worrying... I hope you can rest, tonight, and that the doctors have a plan-of-action for all of you, tomorrow. :hug

Well my friends......I am signing off for the evening! Unless I figure out again how to get online via my phone. I will pop in over the weekend! If I happen to not........hope you all have a great one! I might hit the slopes on Sat and do some skiing possibly! Love to you all.

Well my friends......I am signing off for the evening! Unless I figure out again how to get online via my phone. I will pop in over the weekend! If I happen to not........hope you all have a great one! I might hit the slopes on Sat and do some skiing possibly! Love to you all.

Have a great weekend!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :manyheart DD and Luke just left after a quick visit. His top front teeth are poking through now and late afternoon is his fussy time. Once he sees Gracie he is all smiles and ready to play. :lol

Linda ~ Thinking of you all and hope Kim feels much better soon. :hug

Judy ~ Enabler? Moi?:devil

In case I don't get back here tonight - Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Isn't he a drama king? Poor Sparkie........

Yeah, he is a King....but...

my female GSDs were so much more stoic...Remember Donna G? Her male GSD is just like Sparkie. Boys are such babies:lol

He's less tentative now as he negotiates the mounds of snow in our yard - and when he gets done burying his face in the snow he jumps up and sprints - while I hold my breath in fear. At his weight he doesn't need to be doing that...and I can barely walk out there to clean up the poopsicles, so a leash is out of the question or I'll go flying.

I guess he can't be hurting all that badly:think Looks for sympathy when he's in the house, though:lol:lol:lol

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :manyheart DD and Luke just left after a quick visit. His top front teeth are poking through now and late afternoon is his fussy time. Once he sees Gracie he is all smiles and ready to play. :lol

What a nice Birthday present:c9:c9:c9

Judy ~ Enabler? Moi?:devil

You know how I love to make squares!:yes

Cheeria....the 12th is meetup day! The Starbucks is getting renovated. Looks nice, but I miss the old cramped look that they had...esp behind the counter.

'nite, ladies!

Yeah, he is a King....but...

my female GSDs were so much more stoic...Remember Donna G? Her male GSD is just like Sparkie. Boys are such babies:lol not just dogs either!:D

He's less tentative now as he negotiates the mounds of snow in our yard - and when he gets done burying his face in the snow he jumps up and sprints - while I hold my breath in fear. At his weight he doesn't need to be doing that...and I can barely walk out there to clean up the poopsicles, so a leash is out of the question or I'll go flying.

I guess he can't be hurting all that badly:think Looks for sympathy when he's in the house, though:lol:lol:lol

Anything for a little lovin", I guess!

And of course, I remember Donna.

Anything for a little lovin", I guess!

And of course, I remember Donna.

Donna calls me now and then to tell me about Jerry Lee's latest adventures...he's a long coated, very protective GSD. Much more so than Sparkie is. And he loves Donna and the girls. Boys love their ladies, it seems...that's how Sparkie is with me.

Gotta dash.

Archived