Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Judy, we are going over to DD's tonight, but the rest of the day will be occupied with laundry, housework and crafting.

Enjoy your time at DD's!

Here is last nights dishcloth and my little heart doily.

The dishcloth is this pattern . I have used this stitch before in a baby blanket, and I've also seen a shawl pattern that uses it. I think it was called the forget me not stitch in the blanket pattern. At any rate it is not original to this pattern, but it really makes a nice dishcloth. I had to shrink it down a bit, because I wanted to use only one skein of yarn.

My dishcloth is 9 1/2 inches square, including a sc border all around.

My doily is just a bit over 5 inches in diameter.

Very pretty!:clap Thanks for the link, too.

Marisa congrats on the Nook!!!! Sounds like you got the newest version. My friend has it and it has lots of great things on it. Enjoy!:clap

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marisa, congrats on the Nook. I didn't know that you could have several devices on one account. And since you missed dinner, I ate your sloppy joe too.

Julie, I started the doily this afternoon too. Mine looks okay so far, but its kind of loose and sloppy. I need to practice making the stitches uniformly small.

Hi everyone...

After posting a pic of the swan doily the other day, I pulled it out of hiding, and reblocked it and now it's on display on the bar...

I'm glad everyone's having a good time making their doilies...

It's wet and rainy here, but the house is clean and we're just chillin' watching Iron Man.

Have a good weekend.

Good evening ladies!!! How are you tonight? I've missed our chat this morning ;p). Hope the day has gone well. I've been cleaning la casa.... some days. I wish I were a perfectionist...others I'm glad I'm the Klutter Kueen hahahaaa. And......waaaay too much yarn. I've worked on the wedding ghan on and off, Aree told me I better get a move on it !! I thought I was. She's so cute. Be back later! Hugs to aall my ladies!

Hi all,

Another LONG day in Paradise! And the S started falling- but luckily not really sticking to anything and seems to have let up!!! Another storm heading our way Tuesday I think-

I stopped at the store on the way home from Paradise to pick up just a few things and then luckily when I got home- DH had dinner made again- tonight was spaghetti and a salad. So that's done and here it is almost 8PM again!!!! Where does the day go????

Marisa- YAY for a NOOK!!! Did you get the Nook color? That's neat that you can link it to six accounts. I should set up the Nook software on my Ipad. Have fun with it. And don't forget to check out the free fridays and you can also do a search for free books by just typing in 0.00 in the search bar. Your cake sounds yummy and I can't believe the difference in the cost of the phone!!! That's crazy!!!

Cindy- Love your dishcloth and your doily!!! Very pretty, both of them!!

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing ok!

Linda- Hope Kim is OK, since there was no post from you today. I was hoping to read that she is home- Hugs my friend!!!

Kiyo- I haven't worked a stitch on anything!!! But tonight I am going to work on finishing the scarf so that's one thing done!

Julie- Thanks for the welcome back home- that was smart- cause I was long gone when you posted. Have fun with Cam tomorrow. How did Sam do with the geo-catching today?

I have to work again tomorrow- and hopefully it won't be another LONG day!!! But, it is what it is...........

Have a good night everyone!!!!

Hi everyone...

After posting a pic of the swan doily the other day, I pulled it out of hiding, and reblocked it and now it's on display on the bar...

I'm glad everyone's having a good time making their doilies...

It's wet and rainy here, but the house is clean and we're just chillin' watching Iron Man.

Have a good weekend.

I'm so glad you have it out! It's a shame to hide such pretty work.

Joanne, you have asweet hubby. Mine wouldn't know what to do with a box of spaghetti:lol:lol:lol

One the other hand, my mom made sure we all (including my brothers) knew how to at least find their way around a kitchen.

The difference between my sweet Greek MIL..and my pragmatic Polish mom...

Not much to share here...

'nite all.

Well, I've been playing around with my new nook and getting aquainted (sp?) with it :yes I like it so far, but haven't downloaded anything yet either. Thanks for the free fridays tip Joanne, I didn't know that :no And yep, I got the color :D

I'm so glad you have it out! It's a shame to hide such pretty work.

Joanne, you have asweet hubby. Mine wouldn't know what to do with a box of spaghetti:lol:lol:lol

One the other hand, my mom made sure we all (including my brothers) knew how to at least find their way around a kitchen.

The difference between my sweet Greek MIL..and my pragmatic Polish mom...

Not much to share here...

'nite all.

Hmmmm the greek half comes from my dad's side and although he can do a bit in the kitchen now.....what he knows he learned from my mom :lol The polish side is on my mom's side and her sister and 2 brothers are all amazing cooks :think Coincidence?

Well, I've been playing around with my new nook and getting aquainted (sp?) with it :yes I like it so far, but haven't downloaded anything yet either. Thanks for the free fridays tip Joanne, I didn't know that :no And yep, I got the color :D

I've gotten lots of tidbits of info re: the Nook on Ravelry of all places- there's a group called Nifty Nook- have fun with it!!!!

Here is last nights dishcloth and my little heart doily.

The dishcloth is this pattern . I have used this stitch before in a baby blanket, and I've also seen a shawl pattern that uses it. I think it was called the forget me not stitch in the blanket pattern. At any rate it is not original to this pattern, but it really makes a nice dishcloth. I had to shrink it down a bit, because I wanted to use only one skein of yarn.

My dishcloth is 9 1/2 inches square, including a sc border all around.

My doily is just a bit over 5 inches in diameter.

Very pretty! :clap :clap :clap

Good evening, everyone. It was gorgeous here today. 65* and sunny in the afternoon. I was out in shirtsleeves only.

Kim is still in the hospital. She spend a lot more time up in the chair today, which is good, and is eating better, finally. Maybe home tomorrow or Monday. She's still on oxygen, multiple breathing treatments and IV antibiotics, so not too sure. I stayed with her for a couple of hours this evening while John came home and showered and changed clothes and picked up some supper and she was fiesty, which is a good sign.

I had enough energy to run a few errands this afternoon, but I'm about ready to crash for the night now.

Congratulations on the nomination, Joanne.

Judy, I'm glad to hear that Sparkie is gradually improving.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Sorry you have to work tomorrow to. Hope it is a short day for you. How sweet of hubby to have dinner ready for you.

Marisa, Congrats on the new nook!

Cindy, Three of us from the kitchen crew were all doing laundry at the same time. We all said we had been wanting to do it for 3 days.

Julie, Have a fun day with Cam!

Kiyo, Kids say the cutest things don't they.

Peaches, Did you find what you were looking for at crochet pattern central?

Linda, Glad Kim is a little fiesty. That's a good sign. Be sure and get some rest as you may have your hands full for a few days when Kim first comes home.

We didn't do anything today and it was kind of nice. I did go to crafts tonight and I worked on the heart doily. I'm using cotton yarn. It's a pink varigated and then I will use either white or pink for the border.

I forgot who asked but the bean bag baseball was played with the same rules as baseball. We had a board that had cutouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd bases, homerun, foul, there was 2 holes for each of them except for homerun. Lots of fun!

Were suppose to get some storms here tonight so I won't sleep well. I don't sleep through storms. I always woke up when I was a kid and hollered for my Dad and he would come and turn my bedroom light on until I went back to sleep.

I'm off to bed now. See you all tomorrow! Have a good day!

Good morning ladies

Marisa

Glad you got a Nook,and hope you like it and get lots of use from it ! Since a few others in here have them, i'm sure they will be able to give you suggestions if there is something on it you have a question about .

Linda

I'm glad they are keeping Kim in the hospital until she starts feeling back up to her old self .. It'd be scarey to bring her home if she is still real sick ..It's best for them to keep her until she has more power and is able to be at her previous level , especially when you are there alone with her so often .

Joanne

Glad you made it home and that your hubby made supper for you. That was nice of him ! I'm with Jude on this one... Sam would have no clue if he had to make my supper. I'd get a pop tart .

Marlene

Glad you had a day to chill out and rest -- hope your storms werent too bad last night .

Cindy

I am still on the doily-- I have 5 rows of the holey- part done ...so am maybe halfway done ? It is looking pretty good.. I know it's hard getting used to the smaller hooks and thread to get the tension right , but you'll get the hang of it. If I can, I'm sure you can too !

Hello to everyone else -----hope you all have a good day . I may be in and out today,since I *think* Cam will be here today. That was the plan ... I'm gonna call him this morning ,maybe around 8 or 9. Don't like calling people on their days off really early in case they like to sleep in .

Good morning---and on the 7th day, He rested----but forgot to tell my employer!:lol

I finished the scarf last night- really, it should NOT have taken this long- but I'm glad it's done--at least I feel like I did something fun! Hoping that I can get my flannel'ghan done this week!!

Marlene- Hope the storms aren't too bad and the baseball beanbag game sounds fun. Nice that you had a more or less relaxing day yesterday!!!

Julie- Enjoy your day with Cam- and I'll look forward to seeing your finished doily.

Marisa- Have fun at the Sixer's game and hopefully they'll win today for you!!!

I hope that ALL of you have a wonderful day and hopefully it'll be an early ending today at work. Time will tell..........

See you later!:hug

Good morning, peeps!

Joanne, i hope you get home early from work. One good thing: less traffic to worry about:lol

Hmmmm the greek half comes from my dad's side and although he can do a bit in the kitchen now.....what he knows he learned from my mom :lol The polish side is on my mom's side and her sister and 2 brothers are all amazing cooks :think Coincidence?

No coincidence!!:lol:lol:lol Greek, Polish and I think you said Italian? No wonder I was drawn to you right away!:lol

Good evening, everyone. It was gorgeous here today. 65* and sunny in the afternoon. I was out in shirtsleeves only.

Oh, I'm jealous! Hubby went to get the paper from the foot of the driveway earlier and nearly fell! He won't let me pick it up - says the household can get along fine if he's laid up:lol

Kim is still in the hospital. She spend a lot more time up in the chair today, which is good, and is eating better, finally. Maybe home tomorrow or Monday. She's still on oxygen, multiple breathing treatments and IV antibiotics, so not too sure. I stayed with her for a couple of hours this evening while John came home and showered and changed clothes and picked up some supper and she was fiesty, which is a good sign.

Sounds like she's headed in the right direction. The pneumonia just took a lot out of her....

Judy, I'm glad to hear that Sparkie is gradually improving.

Thanks. I took him in the car for a quick errand yesterday and when we pulled into the driveway Hubby had the front door open, waiting for him...so Sparkie decided to take a shortcut across what would normally be called the front lawn but is now covered with about 2 feet of snow!

He almost got stuck - scared us to death! No ill effects, though, so once he starts scrambling down the stairs at his usual speed I'll know he's 100%:)

Jules, I hope Cam was able to come over. With all the bad weather around kids and adults are at a loss what to do with themselves!

Hi, to everyone else...:)

CU all later on....

Hey there! I was wondering if yall can give me a good website to go to that has a lot of free crochet patterns for afghans? For some reason I am not having a lot of luck to find them. I want to do an afghan but I am at a loss as far as what pattern I would like to use.

Hi, Peaches. Crochet Pattern Central is good place to start when looking for almost any kind of pattern. They have lots in almost every category.

Haven't heard from John yet today. So no news on whether Kim will be coming home today or not. Of course, with it being Sunday, who knows when the doctor will show up. John's being more than a bit of a dictator up there, which has plusses and minuses to it.

The weather is beautiful again today. But the way my joints are hurting that may be about to change. Oh, well, I'll enjoy it while I can.

Hope eeryone has a nice day. I'll catch you later. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Last night I did 2 rounds of the border to my bernat cal ghan :clap Only 2 left and hoping to finish today :xfin I'm going to head upstairs and work on it while I watch some tv :yes I need to figure out how to get my dvr shows from upstairs to downstairs. There's a way to do, but just haven't taken the time to sit and do it yet, nor do I feel like it now. So upstairs is where I'll spend some time today. I had some toast for bfast today, nervous to eat much more since I woke up sick in the middle of the night :( Am feeling better now, but don't want to trigger anything either :no

We have a game tonight at 6 against Denver. I'm enjoying playing around with the nook :yes I'm very glad I got it and did not yet regret spending the money :think:lol But I don't think I will :no

Where is the pattern for the doily and dishcloth everyone seems to be doing? I think I missed that cal announcement :( It may have been mixed into that really busy day in here :think I figured it'd be easier than ask than to try to hunt them down :think Thanks :D:hug :hug :hug

Linda - Glad to hear that Kim was a bit fiesty last night while John was gone :yes Always a good sign. Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Marlene - I hope the storms weren't too bad last night :xfin What did you do at crafts yesterday? With all your activities going on, I feel like your away at camp :lol

Julie - I hope Cam gets to come spend some time with you today :xfin Did you hear from him yet?

Joanne - :yay for finishing the scarf and I'm sure the FG won't be too far behind, you've got alot done on it already :yes

Judy - You sure did remember Italian. The Italian and Polish were each of my mom's parents and then Greek and Tyrolean were each of my father's parents, so I'm one quarter each :lol And all the cookers come from mom's side. Not so much on dad's :think:lol My grandma did, but none of her children can do her justice; however, my mom did learn all of the great recipes that she did too :yes

Peaches - I see that the Crochet Pattern Central site has already been suggested a couple times. I also like searching patterns on ravelry for everything. I also find the yarn brand websites to have many free patterns too :yes Good luck in your search.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

Cindy ~ I love the stitch you used for your dishcloth! The doily turned out really pretty, too. :clap

Julie ~ Your doily and dishcloth are both so nice - the colors remind me of Valentine's Day! I'm so glad you're able to crochet with the cotton...maybe the yarn allergies will just go away sometime. :hug

Linda ~ Thank you for the updates on Kim. You know we are all concerned about you guys and wish we were closer to be of some real help!

Joanne ~ Oh, what fun to be nominated and win some money, too! :cheer If more companies did that type thing, they might have happier employees. :)

Marisa ~ I hope you feel better today. :hug Yay for your new Nook Color! I played with the display the other day and am still deciding if I should get one.

Marlene ~ I hope your storms weren't too bad last night. We're supposed to be much colder with a chance of ice mid-week. Yesterday was 80* here!

Hi Wanda! It's good to see you here again. :yes

Hi to everyone at the House.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

Marisa ~ I hope you feel better today. :hug Yay for your new Nook Color! I played with the display the other day and am still deciding if I should get one.

Hi to everyone at the House.

So far am very happy I got it, yesterday was the first time I looked at the color one and honestly, it's the crossword and sudoku that sold me :rofl

Thanks. I took him in the car for a quick errand yesterday and when we pulled into the driveway Hubby had the front door open, waiting for him...so Sparkie decided to take a shortcut across what would normally be called the front lawn but is now covered with about 2 feet of snow!

He almost got stuck - scared us to death! No ill effects, though, so once he starts scrambling down the stairs at his usual speed I'll know he's 100%:)

Aww, you painted a great picture of Sparkie in two feet of snow! I'm glad he seems to be okay. :hug

Good morning.

Cindy

I am still on the doily-- I have 5 rows of the holey- part done ...so am maybe halfway done ? It is looking pretty good.. I know it's hard getting used to the smaller hooks and thread to get the tension right , but you'll get the hang of it. If I can, I'm sure you can too !

I frogged mine once, and restarted. it looks a little better this time around. I think I have 4 of the holey rows done. Thread seems to be a lot slower to work with than yarn. I need to get used to taking my time.

I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Last night I did 2 rounds of the border to my bernat cal ghan :clap Only 2 left and hoping to finish today :xfin I'm going to head upstairs and work on it while I watch some tv

Where is the pattern for the doily and dishcloth everyone seems to be doing? I think I missed that cal announcement :( It may have been mixed into that really busy day in here :think I figured it'd be easier than ask than to try to hunt them down :think Thanks :D:hug :hug :hug

Oh dear...now you are making me feel like I ought to finish that ugly Bernat afghan that I have stuffed into a closet.......

Wtg on your progress.

Hope you continue to feel better.

The heart doily that Julie and I made is here. We both used size 3 thread, rather than the sport weight yarn that the pattern calls for. Without the picot edging it is a nice size for a coaster.

The dishcloth pattern I used is this one. I believe Julie said she used a Priscilla Hewett pattern, the first one of a set of 5, with the word Textured in the name. It would probably be pretty easy to find if you did a google search.

Cindy ~ I love the stitch you used for your dishcloth! The doily turned out really pretty, too. :clap

Hi mary., Thanks.

I got a Nook color for Christmas, and am very pleased with it. Of course I think I would have been happy with a Kindle as well. My son in law has one of those and he is very happy with it.

Archived