Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:waving

Are you discouraged with the weather :?

Well,don't be ! :jumpyay

Turn that frown :grumpy upside down ! :U

How about a bouquet of flowers to cheer you up ? :flower

:2magic Let me wave my magic wand and make the bad weather go away ....

:sun Get out your sunblock !!!

Dig your swim suit out ....:hot Grab your sunglasses !

What a glorious,happy day ! :U

The birds are tweeting ....and it's a wonderful day to be alive ! :tup

Give me a high five !! :h5

Don't forget:remember to dig your fan out of the attic ! :fan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is any of the above line of bull working ??? :think

I'm trying to use reverse psychology here . I hope it is working ...

Now,to go find some football cleats to walk out to get the mail ,

so I don't fall down and break my tail . :angry

Have a Hap-Hap-Happy Day !!!!:yay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie-

Good morning and Happy Groundhog Day!!! Thanks for the pick me up- I just don't like ice- No, NO, No!!!

But, yes, let's just pretend for awhile-

Spring is in the air- flowers everywhere!!!

Sun is shining and is blinding

Birds are chirping

Ice Tea I'm slurping

Winter is gone

I can see the green lawn!

See you all in a bit-

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm running a bit behind, so just a quick post so I have time to whip together a bfast sandwich to take with me out the door :yes

Nothing new to report.

I also like no jackets in the summer, but can I say that I love spring when the flower are starting to pop out everywhere? (I'm not a big summer person :blush:lol:devil )

Have a good one everybody

Oh, forgot to mention, it doesn't look like we got the ice storm, it all just looks wet from here :D

Good morning. Lots and lots and lots of snow out there today. AEnough so that the poor dog was buried when I let her out. You should have seen the look on her face! She had to do her thing on the patio, which is under a big balcony, and the snow isn't as deep.

I doubt that anything is moving out there today. It's still snowing hard, and I'd guess that we got more than a foot of snow already, and its still coming down. It's supposed to stop by early afternoon. Our power is on, although the news said there are thousands without power.

I am pretty much caught up on household chores, so I can craft or read or bake today.

Julie, I find that your reverse psychology didn't work well for me, maybe because I'm sitting near a window and it's snowing hard. I'll have to move to another spot and try it again.

Joanne, glad you are staying home where it is safe.

As for summer, it isn't my favorite season, too hot, but I'd be happy if it was summer right now. I like the flowers, and of course in summer I garden.

Good morning, house friends. It's still overcast here, but the rain has stopped. It pretty windy and looks like maybe the sun might break through after a while. At least it's lighter in the south. I've got a list of things to do today that's pretty long, so don't know how much I'll be in here.

Love your reverse psychology attempt, Julie. :rofl :rofl :rofl

:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun

Oh, the grass is green and getting longer,

I think it's time to dig out the lawn mower,

Check the spark splugs and the gas,

Push that beast up and down the hill,

The sun's so hot I think I'll faint,

The sweat is running down my back and in my eyes,

When is winter coming back.

Stay safe those of you who are getting creamed with ice and snow again.

Good Morning, everyone. :manyheart

It's 5 above with -15* wind chills and we're having "regulated rolling blackouts" because of the high power usage. We've had them in the summer with our extreme heat, but I can't remember one in the winter! Our driveway and street are still a solid sheet of ice, so DH is working from home again...some of the freeways are moving but we can't get out of the neighborhood!

Gracie and I are keeping the birds fed and one birdbath thawed out so they can have water. She absolutely loves this weather and has been doing "power slides" across the yard. :lol

Time to do a few things in case the power goes off again! I'll check in when I can - wish my battery lasted longer!

:wbrr Good morning! It's chilly, here, but manageable. We woke up to -27*. I heard that are thermometers are supposed to see temps in the 20s by this weekend, and that sounds heavenly. A chance to thaw-out.

Let's see. What do I like best about summer? Being able to hang laundry out on the clothesline every week. I look forward to eating lunch out on the deck on sunny days. And, I like having the windows open, so that fresh air can blow through the rooms. Guess that is three things, but summer IS my favorite season, and thinking about "warm" definitely makes me smile. Come on Mr. Sunshine, work some magic :sun!

Our haircut appointments, yesterday, went very well. I set the two little girls up with the style books while I had my hair cut. I do not even know what you would call my style, but it brushes my shoulders, I curl the ends outward a bit, and I got to keep my bangs, so I am happy. Most of my life, I have had waist-length hair that I curl with a curling iron, so this short cut feels very swing-y and light. Annika picked a style out of the first book I gave her, I think, but it was a good choice. She ended up with a traditional bob, and she is thrilled: post-20536-135897623132_thumb.jpg I get to have lunch with the girls at school in a couple of hours, and I am anxious to hear the comments Annika's friends made this morning. When Kyri cut her hair short last year, it made her look much older. Annika's style is just perfect for a 6-year-old, and it looks cute. Whew, no shaved head this time around :whew

My felting project worked :yay I had to run my purse through the wash cycle three times to get it to look as I thought it should. Not sure if that was the thing to do, but this was just an experiment, and I have no qualms about it. I made two pockets and attached them to the inside of the purse, before I felted it -- worked like a charm. Now, I have to wait until it is completely dry, before I can attach the handles. By Friday, perhaps? Here are a few before and after pics

post-20536-135897623481_thumb.jpg

I have to cut this short, as I need to get ready to go in to town. Since I am going to be finished with the community luncheon by noon, I will have time to do my errands and grocery shopping before school is dismissed at three. I ought to be shopped-out by that time :shop.

Be careful, All :manyheart

post-20536-135897623166_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897623485_thumb.jpg

Morning again ladies

Just a quick jump in to reply ---

Joanne

Glad you can stay home and work today !

Cindy

Wow, you got piles more snow than we did , we had all ice this morning ,now snowing really hard with high winds . Not sure what our grand total will be when done .

Dusti

Love the new little hairdo ! Very cute and perfect for a little girl,as you said !

Your felted purse turned out very cute . I have never tried that yet .

Sounds as if your day is pretty booked too.

Hi there Mary

The Rolling blackout thing has me buffaloed . What are people using out there that is draining too much power ? Like their furnaces or something ??

Or do most people out there have ELECTRIC furnaces ? I'm mixed up about what else would be using up too much juice ,unless today was one of your state's Electric Chair Days and they need lots of POWER to flip the switch .

Linda

LOVE thinking about mowing the yard, before my asthma ,that was my most favorite job of all ,but cant do it any more. I get too winded .

Hope you get all your things accomplished today !

** Speaking of things needing done, I got a quick note from Jude and she said she'd be busy getting some things done today and may not get a chance to jump in .

She sure puts me to shame ! I THINK of lots of things NEEDING done,but accomplish very few .. I just sit and ponder them .

I am quickly sounding like the LAZIEST one in the House ... good thing we have lots of hard workers in here to take up the slack !

*~hApPy HuMp DaY!~**~hApPy HuMp DaY!~**~hApPy HuMp DaY!~**~hApPy HuMp DaY!~*

O' the weather outside is frightful----cold as all get out!!! No snow here in the big Utah for us! I wish there were though because it would be 30 degrees warmer! My heart goes out to all of you with the "FOOTAGES" of snow though- We've only gotten that a couple times or maybe once last year and once this year. I like to shovel, it gives me good exercise- kind of like throwing the whole truck load of produce boxes! lol

I got up at 0500 this morning to go to the gym, Aree loved it until we walked outside and our lungs crystalized immediately! Then I came out of the gym, thankful to have a hat on to not crystalize myself. I would of made a pretty "BIG" statue out there!

My "DOILY" .......I'm telling you Cindy and Julie you will be impressed with ma skilllllllz! ahahaha!

LOVES to you all! I'm here alllllllll day.......with some of my trucks stuck in your lands of the Arctic! Maybe you should get GOLF SHOES to walk around on the ice! They are spikey!

Dusti---love Annika's hair- Aree's hair has ALWAYS been short. I figure until she's old enough to do something other than pull it back in a headband then it will be short so I can just blow it under if we want. Lord knows what it used to look like when she would go to her Dad's for the weekend.

Well, if it aint that ornery Kiyo checking in with us this fine day !!!

How goes it ,litte missie ?

And a couple nosey questions.. Hope you dont mind . If you do, say I'm nosey and to mind my own business .

Have you always lived in Utah ?

and are you Mormon ?

If so, can you sing like the Osmonds, or Dance like the Stars ?

NO OFFENSE INTENDED REGARDING ANY RELIGION . They are all good to me ,and anyone who attends church is a better person than I am,because I don't go .

( I think when the great big finger in the sky presses my elevator button , mine will have a DOWN arrow on it . )

Well, if it aint that ornery Kiyo checking in with us this fine day !!!

How goes it ,litte missie ?

And a couple nosey questions.. Hope you dont mind . If you do, say I'm nosey and to mind my own business .

Have you always lived in Utah ?

and are you Mormon ?

If so, can you sing like the Osmonds, or Dance like the Stars ?

NO OFFENSE INTENDED REGARDING ANY RELIGION . They are all good to me ,and anyone who attends church is a better person than I am,because I don't go .

( I think when the great big finger in the sky presses my elevator button , mine will have a DOWN arrow on it . )

:2eek:2eek

Yes, I've grown up here yes. NEVER converted to become a Mormon and I'm ok with that. I think that's why I am the way I am now----speak my mind, stand up for myself, bold, etc. I believe in God and have Faith, doesn't matter where or how you worship whether it's under a roof or not. AND----yes.......I will be at the gate of **** to greet everyone to the party of sinners!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

and............I can sort of sing, and If you like to watch a fat girl dance, then I have some moves!!! lol

Hey Kiyo

Nothing wrong with your choices regarding churches. It is everyone's own choice to make .

I had a cousin who lived in your state for several years, but moved back here a couple years ago since almost all our family is centered around this state .

They used to send me pictures of it out there and it is beautiful .

As for the Mormon question, I was kinda hoping you were ,just because I like learning about different religions ,and I don't think our state has very many of that faith .

I know the Osmands are Mormon,and several of the dancers on Dancing with the Stars are Mormon .There's also a guy on youtube who is Mormon,and he is hilarious.

As for singing, you must be better at it than me. Same with Dancing. The only way I'd dance is if my pants were on fire .

And no big deal to me if you have some meat on your bones. I'm not what you'd call PETITE .

I heard since birth about how dainty and cute my sister was ,and I was the BIG BONED one with the COW LICK,so I'm not Miss America material myself.

I think I look ORDINARY . Wouldnt stand out in a crowd unless I opened my mouth .

Good Morning, everyone. :manyheart

It's 5 above with -15* wind chills and we're having "regulated rolling blackouts" because of the high power usage. We've had them in the summer with our extreme heat, but I can't remember one in the winter! Our driveway and street are still a solid sheet of ice, so DH is working from home again...some of the freeways are moving but we can't get out of the neighborhood!

Gracie and I are keeping the birds fed and one birdbath thawed out so they can have water. She absolutely loves this weather and has been doing "power slides" across the yard. :lol

Time to do a few things in case the power goes off again! I'll check in when I can - wish my battery lasted longer!

WOW!!!!! Stay safe, my friend. :hug

Let's see. So far I've cleaned the fish tank, unboxed the Magic Bullet that I bought last week so that we can chop up Kim's meat fine, and packed away the Christmas ornaments. John made a looooong list of things for us to get done, so I've really got to keep at it if I want to have any time off this weekend. Almost time to get Kim up again and give her a shower.

Hang in there everyone with the ice and snow. :hug

Hi again! It's all the way up to 11* at our house. :lol

Dusti ~ Aww, Annika is so cute and her new haircut looks adorable! Your felted purse looks wonderful. :clap

Marlene ~ Brrr! It always feels colder at the coast...we've been there when we weren't prepared for it! I'm keeping your BIL in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Hi Faile! No help with snowblowers from me - it sounds like you're doing great, though! I hope you don't get too much more. :snow

Julie ~ The rolling blackouts are scheduled to let power plants keep up with the extra usage right now. It's the coldest it's been here in 22 years and the Dallas-Fort Worth area has grown to almost 7 million people.:eek We have natural gas heat, stove and water heater...but the furnace motor (or whatever it's called :lol) runs on electricity. Lots of people have "all electric" homes, though.

It sure has been a mess - Our news is full of lots of problems this is causing. No way am I driving on solid ice, so here we are. :(

Hi Kiyo ~ You're way ahead of me with the singing and dancing. :wink Winter must be a madhouse in the freight business!

Linda ~ You reminded me that my Christmas wrap mess is still upstairs. :blush:lol I hope Kim is getting her strength back and that you are going to have some time off this weekend.:manyheart

Cindy ~ Yay for being off work with all that snow!

I have a chicken stewing for chicken/veggie soup. Time to join a few more squares and then I'll have the first four rows together.:hook

Hello everyone!:hi Sorry haven't posted lately, but I have been keeping up on all the posts!

Hoping everyone who is experiencing the winter storms are staying safe and warm!:hug It's supposed to be 70 here in Northern Cali today.:eek Sending :sun:manyheart to all of you.

Sorry for not posting to everyone individually:blush but my thoughts are with you all.

Julie-Your stories keep a smile on my face!:lol You crack me up!

It's NOW finally warm enough here that I can put my bikini on and run outside and do a cha-cha dance and not get frost bite- it's a whoppin 15 I think!!!! Needless to say, maybe the sun would see me and I would scare the frost away and maybe it would get a little warmer! NOT!! I wish

Just made myself a pineapple, banana, blueberry smoothy in the Magic Bullet and it works pretty darn slick. Very quick. And I got it registered, too. I usually forget to do that. :blush

Kim's had her shower and is dozing in the chair.

Kiyo and Julie ~ You two make quite a pair and really help boost my mood. :hug

Hi all,

I finished working at 4- and went upstairs to get a cup of coffee and then did 2 blocks on my flannel'ghan. I could get used to working from home for sure, but that's not in the cards so I enjoy it when I can!

Linda- My DD has a Magic Bullet- they are really cool. Your smoothie sounds delicioius.

Mary- That sure is cold for TX!! I was reading about the rolling blackouts! Hopefully you will warm up soon- I'm sure alot sooner than here in NJ

Kiyo- You crack me up- and I enjoy seeing your posts- you and Julie make quite the pair!!!

Cheeria- Were you able to get to your DDs house? Was she able to fly out to DC? I was thinking of you today with all this ice.

Marisa- Did you have any ice? You mentioned this morning that it looked like rain.

Judy- Hope you had a good day.

Dusti- Your DD's hair cut looks great!!! I'll bet you can't wait till you get to HI!!! Especially after this monster storm.

Cindy- Hope you are ok- and that you still have power- you too JULIE! I was reading about how many, many folks are without power due to this monster storm!!!

I'll check back in later.

Archived