Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Joanne, we didn't lose power at all. We got plowed out around 2 this afternoon, and I hear traffic on the road. We live 400 feet from the street and there are woods in front of our house so we can't see it.

Here are some snow pictures. Once it stopped snowing, the sun came out and we were treated to a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures until it was pretty much done.

The two with the railing in them are taken from my front door,. I took the picture of the table to give some frame of reference as to the amount of snow. When everything is white, it's hard to tell how much snow there is.

And yes, I know that those Christmas decorations ought to come down!

post-6189-135897623814_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897623818_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897623822_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trish

Glad we are keeping you entertained . I like having a "sparring partner" ...easy to do when you have someone that dishes things out then I can dish them back ...

Used to have Tab to do that -- me and her were a Tag Team ,so it was easy to play off each other for days on end .

Sure wish she wasnt booked up with school and all, or we'd have a 3-team group,but those 2 are lots younger than me, so I'd have my hands full keeping up with both of them at once .

Tab-- if you happen to be out there reading this, jump on in. You and Kiyo would get along great !

Kiyo

I am quite HONORED ( I think ......) that you have asked me to help you complete your WEARABLE doily, but I think I will have to pass .

I have a small square started from a few days ago and it still just sits here. I just cant get enthused using thread .. just not my thing ..

If you wanna dress up in a bikini and go out dancing in the streets to warm up, you'd better make your thong into a poncho .

You'll freeze your hiney off with a thong on in the wintertime with your backside blowing in the wind .

Glad to hear you didn't lose power, Cindy- those pics are great- and love the one with the sunset (even if it is almost done)

Julie- I can't get enthused about thread either. But I'm going to work on finishing the dishcloth tonight I started the other night- and maybe do another. I need to go to ACMoore tomorrow after work- to pick up one more skein of the Vanna's silver blue so I can finish my flannel'ghan- only 5 more blocks to go!!

I miss Tab here too- and with those boys and school I know she is very busy!!

Wheeeee! I'm finally dug out after last night's snow. It went a LOT smoother without the wind whipping the snow back into my face. I don't think there was a direction that the wind wasn't flying last night. It only took me one go around to move 9" of snow plus the pile at the end of the driveway (which unfortunately did require me to drag out the shovel) for a total of 45mins. Last winter that amount of snow took at least two outings and maybe even 3 before I was done. Definitely worth the money to get that thing in working order!

Linda ~ I've always been curious about that Magic Bullet thingy. When I was reading up on it, the reviews said that it worked great but there was a part that tended to break rendering it useless in fairly short order. You'll have to keep us updated as to how well it holds up for you.

Julie & Kiyo ~ Add me to the list that are enjoying your banter.

Kiyo ~ I'd offer to finish up your doily except that it takes forever for me to finish anything up! That and I wouldn't want to make an embarrassing mistake on the sizing!!!

Night night to you girls-----I have to go drop off some Scentsy product (if you like candles and smelly things, holla!! and talk about essential oils and......look through one of my besties stampin stuff to see what she wants to send home with me!!! :0) see you all tomorrow- and you need to tell Tab to stop in and say hey!!! ;0)

I might ought to think about starting a VALENTINES WEARABLE DOILY?????? My man will be here on 22nd for a week.!!

Good evening ladies :hi

Work was busy and somewhat frustrating today :( But now it's over, I'm home, and you girls totally crack me up and make me laugh :rofl

Joanne - :yay for working from home. I think we got some ice over night, but by the time I went out it was all melted, still some on the sides of the car though. WTF getting some of the FG done.

Cindy - That sure is aot of snow, and look on the bright side, it matches the theme of your xmas decorations :devil So what did you do today....craft, read, and/or bake?

Linda - Cute poem :yes Mary picked up a magic bullet when we went out over the weekend and I'm thinking I should've gotten one too :( Your smoothie sounds delish!!! :drool How is Kim today?

Mary - You guys are a mess down there in TX :eek That's alot of ice to deal with even if your used to it. Keep yourselves warm and safe there :hug

Dusti - Annika's hair looks really cute and is very natural on her :yes Love the felt purse :manyheart

Kiyo - I'll be joining you and Julie downstairs, and y'all might me forced to see me dance and sing as punishment :eek I'm not very good with either :rofl

Trish - How nice, 70 degrees....enjoy it for all of us :yes Although anything more and it would be too warm for me :lol

Faile - :yay for getting the snow blower under control today.

Well...I feel like we're in Siberia. :lol Our street is still a solid sheet of ice, as is our driveway. Only one neighbor (that we know of) has ventured out and slid back down the street into a neighbor's brick mailbox. At least it wasn't ours this time. ;) Our power has been off 4 times today for about an hour each time.

Cindy, your pictures are beautiful! We're supposed to have 4-6 inches of snow on Friday morning...on top of all this ice. :(

I did join two more rows of little squares this afternoon and now it's time to make some more.:hook

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart Time for some chicken soup and cornbread. Praying for the sun to come out tomorrow. :D

Marisa, I baked, crocheted and read today. I was planning to work on a quilt, but I haven't got to it yet!

Julie, I am having a hard time getting enthused about thread too. I am planning to finish that square doily though, and I am still contemplating turning that little heart doily pattern into a set of coasters, probably without the picot round.

Mary, isn't your weather a little unusual for Texas? Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow.

Wheeeee! I'm finally dug out after last night's snow. It went a LOT smoother without the wind whipping the snow back into my face. I don't think there was a direction that the wind wasn't flying last night. It only took me one go around to move 9" of snow plus the pile at the end of the driveway (which unfortunately did require me to drag out the shovel) for a total of 45mins. Last winter that amount of snow took at least two outings and maybe even 3 before I was done. Definitely worth the money to get that thing in working order!

Linda ~ I've always been curious about that Magic Bullet thingy. When I was reading up on it, the reviews said that it worked great but there was a part that tended to break rendering it useless in fairly short order. You'll have to keep us updated as to how well it holds up for you.

Congratulations on getting dug out so quickly. I'll keep you posted on the Magic Bullet. I used it today to chop up chicken breast to add to Kim's noodle and veggie dish and it worked like a charm. It comes with a 15 month warranty, so we'll see what happens.

Well...I feel like we're in Siberia. :lol Our street is still a solid sheet of ice, as is our driveway. Only one neighbor (that we know of) has ventured out and slid back down the street into a neighbor's brick mailbox. At least it wasn't ours this time. ;) Our power has been off 4 times today for about an hour each time.

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart Time for some chicken soup and cornbread. Praying for the sun to come out tomorrow. :D

WOW!!! And in Texas no less! :no Glad it wasn't your mailbox that got taken out.

It's 32* here now, but the wind has pretty much died down, at least for now.

I'm heading downstairs. Catch you all tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. :hug

Hey guys

Final checkin for the night. Fell asleep in my chair and just woke up. Geeminy,I think my birth certificate is wrong . I was born in 1858 .

Too lazy to answer separate posts. Maybe in the morning ,if I have any gumption .

My GET UP AND GO HAS GOT UP AND WENT .

Hi Ladies,

It's to cold here for me and everyone else in the park. At pt this morning I asked a Texan patient couldn't the Texans turn the heat back

up and he laughed. He said at least your dressed for it. He had knee surgery or replacement so he came in with shorts on and hunting socks. Poor guy was probably freezing.

We have ice coming midday tomorrow and friday. Tonight on the news they showed a lady in Corpus Christy who left her sprinkler on all night and her tree was hanging icesicles. It was pretty.

Thanks for the prayers for my bil. He's still in the hospital and they couldn't run the test today due to the weather there people weren't able to get to work.

Julie, I enjoy reading you and Kiyo tales. It's entertaining.

Cindy, That's enough snow huh?

Faile, I don't use a snowblower. I prefer to shovel. Hubby would use one if we had one.

Dusti, DD'S haircut is really cute.

Peaches, Nice afghan and congrats on finishing it.

Joanne, Glad you didn't have to travel out on those roads today.

Marisa, Hope you have an easier day tomorrow.

Linda, Glad Kim is getting better.

Mary, We didn't get any of the blackouts today. But it was on the news that they were going to do it.

I'm off to bed have pt early tomorrow. Everyone be safe and stay warm!

Good morning!

I went upstairs at about 7:30 to read and don't you know I fell asleep? So of course here it is 4AM and I'm ready to start the day----even if the rest of the world isn't!:lol

Marlene- Stay warm down there- you too MARY- crazy that TX is this cold!!!

Linda- Seems that you have a few of us thinking about that Magic Bullet!! I keep meaning to add that to my "wish list" after using DD's up in Boston.

All I can say about WINTER is that I can't wait for it to be over!!! But at least we have a roof over our heads and food to eat. There are always those less fortunate.

Saying a prayer for the Aussies affected by the cyclone!

Julie and Kiyo- (and Tab if you jump in) Looking forward to some lively chatter from you!

Coffee is ready!!!

Have a good day all!:hug

Happy New Year!!!! Today is the Chinese New Year and this is the Year of the Rabbit

I read that Rabbit years are generally an excellent time for arts, culture, world diplomacy and focusing on the family

Sounds good to me------ so Happy Year of the Rabbit House Mates!!!

Good morning friends, Romans and countrymen ,

Lend me your ears --

Really not much to yak about this morning . Still cold, snow and ice outside . Roads look to be a bit better . School has been off 2 days and today is delayed 2 hours,so Cam is probably tickled pink. He really does not like school. I'm not sure why,because he is smart and gets good grades .. I think it's the homework. I cannot believe how much them kids get !!! LOTS more than we had ,thats for sure .

Anyhow, he will be coming here for about an hour and a half this morning, then I need to drop him off ,so at least I'll start the morning out right with some entertainment . He is really funny .

The other day he was watching wrestling,and I asked him if he is a wrestler when he grows up if I could be his tag team partner. He said "Mam, you can barely WALK, how are you gonna wrestle ? "

He is FUNNY !!! He's not afraid to say what he thinks, so you gotta be ready .He comes out with some doozies sometimes .

Anyhow, I have a total of nothing to say today ,which is odd for me .

Hope you all have a wonderful day !

Good morning ladies :hi

Well last night I attached the first arm I did to the baby cardigan and it seems awkward. So I took it off and attached a different way and it still seems awkward :( It may just be a vest now :lol:think

It is cold here this morning, but the ground is dry :yay:clap Happy Chinese New Year :D My other doc has off tomorrow to celebrate the new year, so :yay for him (but it will be busy for me :lol )

Peaches - Cute blanket :yes Is it for you or a gift?

Marlene - Keep warm over there. Do they not have the necessary clothes? Or did that guy just not think before getting dressed this morning for pt? :lol

Joanne - You sure must feel refreshed this morning :yes

Julie - Enjoy your little bit of time with Cam this morning :hug

Well last night I attached the first arm I did to the baby cardigan and it seems awkward. So I took it off and attached a different way and it still seems awkward :( It may just be a vest now :lol:think

Marisa, I've never made a baby sweater that needed to have the arms sewed in. Of course, I look for patterns with minimal sewing!

I've made dozens of baby sweaters, and I often find though that the arms do look kind of awkward, sort of just sticking straight out the sides.

Most of the patterns I've used, just call for attaching yarn at the bottom of the armhole, and then crocheting the sleeves.

Good morning.

Tab, glad to see you checking in for a minute. Sending good thoughts :manyheartand a :hug. Remember, school will eventually be done!

Joanne, hope you have a good day at work.

Julie, have fun with Cam this morning. He sounds like he is a good match for you.

Peaches, good work on the afghan.

Marlene, we're all dug out now, but we have a ton of snow, and it's really cold! There is a thin layer of ice on the tree branches this morning, (I'm not sure where that came form, because it didn't rain or sleet) The sun is shining brightly today, so everything is sparkling. It's really pretty to look at, but I'm glad I'm inside where it is warm.

Sending good thoughts for your bil.

Cindy - Thanks for the tip on the baby sweater. The other one I did looked much better :think I also thought it was weird that this pattern had me make the arm in a straight piece, and sew to the shoulder and to seam the arm closed :think It really just looks weird, I didn't do the other arm yet and I really don't think I'm going to. They live in Phoenix anyway, so a vest isn't such a bad idea :lol

And glad I can inspire you on the bernat ghan, esp since it have it almost done already :devil

Morning folks

Marisa

good luck with the baby sweater. I have made them before and sometimes you have to fiddle with the sleeves a bit to get them to match up right and look ok when sewn into the arm hole .

Hope you can get it to work right .

Tab-

Hey, my old pal. So good to see you .Sending positive thoughts your way. Sorry things are difficult ...I think we all have those times in life. Not fun at all .

I'm always out here floating around someplace. You know my email so holler if you need to talk .

Cindy

Yep, Cam is a LOT like me. He talks nonstop,and will talk about ANYTHING . He sure brings a lot of life into our house .Always good to see him . He's kinda like sunshine .

Good luck with your bernatghan. I know how you hate assembling things like that. It'll look real pretty when done, though,so it will be worth it .

Archived