Bullion Stitch Collar and Choker set

Katchkan

Wasn't too sure where to put this one. Clothing? Accessories? So since it it all thread work I decided to just place it in the Thread show and tell.

After doing the Josephine Rose doily I thought that the Medallion I did would work up into a nice Collar. So I went through my stash of yard sale shirts that I have set aside to put collars on and picked one out to play with. After doing the collar I decided that a choker to go with it would be a nice addition. Done in size 20 thread with a size 10/ 1.3mm hook. There are about 1,000 beads used to trim both the collar and choker. Have not decided if I am going to write up a pattern for this or not. Alot depends on the feedback I get. So let me know what you think. I have all my notes. I took a picture of the collar before I attached it to the shirt. All pictures are clickable.

th_BBullionstitchCollarandchoker2.jpgth_Collarflat.jpgth_collardetail.jpg

th_BBullionstitchchoker.jpgth_BBullionstitchcollardetail.jpg

Oh By the way what do you think of my new model. Dh calls her my lady in a box. Now I don't have to model my creations anymore. I hate having my picture taken.

Kathy - once again these are gorgeous.

I have never attempted the bullion stitch but it looks very interesting.

Sure would love to try these - but not until after our move.

Yes, I believe you should write the pattern up for testing and sale.

June

Oh, wow... they are beautiful. Please write up the pattern (pretty please). :) I'll admit that I have not tried the bullion stitch, but I would definately attempt it if I could make that choker! ...and your "lady in a box" is great. :lol

Wow! I really want to learn the bullion stitch, too! Your work is always so amazing!

Your lady in a box is nice but we always love to see you model your stuff :)

Kathy what an absolutely beautiful set, I think you should definately write up the pattern as it would give us all incentive to try out putting collars on our clothes to add that special zing. Your lady in a box is great looks really natural.Mary

As Always a big Thank you for all your kind remarks. You always make me blush.:blush I am still of 2 minds about writting up this pattern. It is going to be hard to give varitions for different sizes. Have to think long and hard on that one. I will do my utmost to try and do though. The choker I did used a padding cord which is an Irish crochet technique that gives more body to a piece. This should keep the edge of the choker from collasping when worn. Between the bullion stitch and this technique this pattern will be a challenge. Though in reality the bullion stitch and the padding cord are not really super difficult. Just different.The challenge is for me to describe the methods of doing both in clear enough terms to make them doable for most crocheters.

All I can say is WOW! LOVE both the collar and choker. Would love to know how to do that. Is that just a plain old vneck shirt? Or did it have a collar you took off and replaced?
The shirt is a dark green velvet shirt I picked up at a yard sale. There was no collar on it. I am always on the look out for things that crochet can add new life to. I never pay much for these things as they are all experiments for me. I just love the challenge of can I do this. This has always been my prime motivator. What if ???????

:dance

Enjoyed the combination of these lovely pieces. They work very well together and would be nice by themselves too. I'm amazed at all the talent on these boards.

Thanks for sharing -----great photos too!!

Kathy .... I love those ... wish I wasn't so afraid of the bullion stitch! I love the choker (for me, lol) and the collar would be a perfect gift for my aunt - she loves that kind of thing!

Those are gorgeous as always! And though your "lady in a box" looks good, I much prefer seeing your pretty face above your masterpieces, but I can understand the camera-shy feelings, I have them too!

Archived