Join the Crochet Olympics

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a project yet, but I'm in love with the item on the cover this book.
What an awesome pattern! I am drooling over it!!

I'm also competing in both.

We'll go insane together.:thair

Glad to know I am not going to be the only insane one!!!! :lol

Hi everyone! I just joined. My event will be the granny square. I'm attempting to crochet 100 granny squares during the olympics (an earlier post by Jimmy Lu (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) has inspired me). When I signed up I promised to submit to all drug testing if I win, so as to prove I didn't take any performance enhancing drugs. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

Good afternoon All!

I got caught up in a bridal thing last night (ah - the plans are going to drive me insane! :loco ), then church this morning and a nap afterwards (DF gave me his cold :( ), so I'm just now catching up. Have patience. :hook

Oh - I have at least 10 new entries in my inbox, so yippee! Go Crocheteers!!

Though I will definately be knitting and crocheting during the Olympics, and this sounds like fun ladies think I'll have to pass. I'll be focusing on my Hat a Week commitment, finishing the afghan for the young man in the Naval Academy, some baby items for a group on yahoo, and somethings for military (haven't quite figured that piece out yet though).

I don't typically watch lots of the Olympics, though I do enjoy the ice dancing and skating, hubby likes skiing, and hockey.

Good luck to everyone.:cheer I'll be your cheerleader....go go go, stitch stitch stitch....Yeah!!!!:cheer

Ooops! Brain fart and senior moment at once! I see I have 16 days, not 6, so I can go ahead and pick a real wicked design. Woo-hoo!:devil

:lol Don't feel bad about your brain fart & senior moment ...I did the same thing, reading it wrong. :lol

What is this Mrs. Who Shrug, sounds intriging...

I love the drug testing comment Karen4Christ...too funny...

Can I add another project to my entry????

well, hmmm,,,,

i just got an email that the button i did wasn't showing up... i can see it :think

so anywhoo.... here it is again:

BUcroolym2.jpg

do you see???

hey, anybody notice the colors of the hooks????? the olympic rings!?!

huh? huh? huh???? isn't that cool! too funny

That's the oddest thing. I didn't see it in the thread. I was going to reply with a quote and in the quote I can see it now. Hmmm, I don't know.

But it's a great concept! Very creative! :yes

Make that 3! My coffee & hook work so well together! :mug:hook

Especially in the late night hrs finishing a project :D

Make that four. However, I'm not a coffee drinker. Just gimme some Diet Coke and I'll be happy. :lol

Okay, I've got my project options narrowed down to three... Take a look and tell me what you think...

OHHHH if I was young and had the body again, I'd make the 3rd one..

And There are other alternatives to Paton's Grace. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, look at their Omega Sinfonia. It's the same weight as Grace and works up very similarly, and is 1/2 the price.

Also you might look at Reynold's Saucy Sport.

AND There's http://www.yarn-and-threadbylisa.com/ (absolutely no connection other than the first name). She sells the discontinued colors of Grace on ebay for 24.89/bag (10 rolls in a bag).

Hope this helps a little.

Archived