Join the Crochet Olympics

Even though I'm attempting a sweater for the Knitting Olympics, I want to participate in this too.

I don't have a project yet, but I'm in love with the item on the cover this book.

I must be insane:eek .

They can put us all in a round room together, as long as we can keep our implements and yarns.

I LOVE that item too. I must have it. I must.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let you know - I'm here, and I've received more entries to the Crochet Olympics, I just haven't had time to post them to the site or even create the blog for the site. I DID manage to get some configuration for the blog done, but then another bridesmaids thing flared up and I spent 4 hours on the phone talking to everybody. Ug, really, this wedding is going to drive me insane. :eek A friend jokes about just eloping, and while it seems tempting, I'm not going to do it. But the plans and the miscommunications, and the stress.....and there's still 9mos to go!!

Anyway - I could go on for hours, but I won't. I WILL post new entries to the site tomorrow. I should have the blog up tomorrow evening too - I'm doing nothing but website stuff tomorrow night! Mamahooks & I discussed the design yesterday and she said she should have something for my on Monday, so we'll probably see that too.

Rebecca - the button is very cute. I love the fact it has all the Olympic colors in it. :manyheart I'll upload it to the site tomorrow.

Good night!

:yayI got to be a lucky one today, my bil showed up and we put him to work babysitting our 4 kids so we could run errands (how nice to have some alone time, even if just groc. shopping)

:thinkSoooooo..... I'm in Wally World, desperately trying to put together a yarn combo to make my project... and I left with 2 balls of RH Symphony & 2 skeins of Simply Soft... our WM has a very limited yarn selection, lack of competetors.

:eekTo the uh oh... I decided I don't want to make the Seraphina shawl. I cannot stand the way the pattern is written. I really like the butterfly wing shawl pattern I found somewhere here in Crochetville (or was it craftster? can't remember) but the more I think about it, the more I would like to do something rectangular. I'm definately not making this to be flattering, just something to knock the chill those late summer nights while we're sitting around the firepit looking at stars. I've looked at shawl & wrap patterns all day (even added scarves to my list- they can be extended into a nice rectangle...)

Any ideas?!? Does creating my own pattern count? hmmmm...... (stop petting the yarn, cris!) decisions, decisions!

Cris~

ps... no, I didn't buy purple yarn LMAO

What is this Mrs. Who Shrug, sounds intriging...

I love the drug testing comment Karen4Christ...too funny...

Can I add another project to my entry????

Hi I found it by looking at flybabytina's blog via the crochet olympics blog, and found that its an original pattern by a fellow villager posted in Original Patterns, 29th April 05, called "fluffy pink shrug schematics".:yay

I really liked it so have decided that is to be my project too! Thanks to all for inspiration :hook

I'm not worried about the drugs testing, more about people trying to trip me up or tamper with my equipment!

Alison

well, hmmm,,,,

i just got an email that the button i did wasn't showing up... i can see it :think

so anywhoo.... here it is again:

BUcroolym2.jpg

do you see???

hey, anybody notice the colors of the hooks????? the olympic rings!?!

huh? huh? huh???? isn't that cool! too funny

Very cool button!!! The Olympic color concept is wonderful too.

They can put us all in a round room together, as long as we can keep our implements and yarns.

I LOVE that item too. I must have it. I must.

Not only do I plan to make the cover sweater from Lion Brand Yarn Vintage Styles for Today for the Olympics, there are other things I like in it to crochet and knit in the future.

It has a nice format with lots of photos and schematics, and it's nice to see pictures of the original items too.

Also, unlike a lot of books which have crocheting and knitting patterns, this one has lots of things to crochet.

I recommend the book. Do check it out.

I was doing the happy dance when my copy of the Lion Brand Vintage Book came in the mail...I want to add another project (the cut away jacket) to the Olympics for me to do...I should email Jingles...

Just wanted to add that over the weekend I made the muff (just the muff) from the Lion Brand Vintage book...my neighbor fell in love with it...

Hi I found it by looking at flybabytina's blog via the crochet olympics blog, and found that its an original pattern by a fellow villager posted in Original Patterns, 29th April 05, called "fluffy pink shrug schematics".:yay

I really liked it so have decided that is to be my project too! Thanks to all for inspiration :hook

I'm not worried about the drugs testing, more about people trying to trip me up or tamper with my equipment!

Alison

I checked out Mrs. Who's shawl/shrug and it is so cute...love it...thanks for the info...

Looks like we're getting a good bunch going here. Woo hoo!

DainaJ - That fit to be tied shrug looks cute! However, since you've already done it, is it still a challenge? Rule one states the project should be a challenge for you to complete in the 16 days. Or is the time frame the challenge? Maybe something else for the Crochet Olympics would be more challenging - just a suggestion. :)

Well, I work full-time, have 2 small kids, and my husband is in grad. school, plus we volunteer, so getting anything done is a challenge! I may change my choice, though! I would like to make some type of wearable.

Good Morning Athletes! :yay

I've just (hurriedly) added all the entries I received yesterday. The website should be 100% update, but I could have missed somebody. Please check and let me know if you're not there.

Well, off to work. I'll try to check in throughout the day and add/update any entries I get. And, like I said, this evening is reserved for working on the blog. I HOPE no more bridesmaids issues arise again. :blush

Go Crocheteers!

I just emailed you, too.

I'm thinking about doing the Celia top at Berroco. I don't really like the shawl they show with it, but I like the top! ;)http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/celia/celia.html

I even found -- by dumb luck -- some yarn I just had laying around that I think (hope? pray?) will be perfect for this. Yay for stash-busting!

Hi

I've just PM'd you again. You missed me! I'm making the Mrs Who Shrug.

PLEASE PLEASE add me in and let me join in the game:hook

Alison

I'm still missing too. Should I send the form again or just check back later?

:blush Um, oops. I'm very sorry. Really. Like I said, it was in a rush this morning before I went to work. I'll add you both. BarbaraJean - please send me the info again, so I can add it today before I get home and search through my emails.

:blush Um, oops. I'm very sorry. Really. Like I said, it was in a rush this morning before I went to work. I'll add you both. BarbaraJean - please send me the info again, so I can add it today before I get home and search through my emails.

Hey, it's okay. No need to apologize. I know how days like the can be. :D I'll send you the info right now.

Cool! If I hadn't picked as challenging a knit project, I would have made it one of each. (And I nearly picked a crochet project to join the knitting olympics anyway... I don't think she'll discriminate.)

Hi All - The website is going through some weirdness - I'm trying to install a wordpress blog to the directory. At the moment, nothing is there, so don't freak out. :) I've saved the page I've been working on, it's safe. For some reason wordpress isn't "publishing" pages. Even though it says it is.

Anybody have experience with Wordpress? I'm searching the forums and fiddling around, but if anybody here is experienced, please ping me.

Thanks!

Ok, I'm giving up tonight. I think the head cold or the bridal stress is preventing me from seeing things clearly tonight - usually I'm pretty good at this kind of techy stuff (just not web design). I put the old Olympics page back up.

I'll most likely call in sick tomorrow, so I'll have a little more time to play with this.

Good night all. :)

I just emailed you, too.

I'm thinking about doing the Celia top at Berroco. I don't really like the shawl they show with it, but I like the top! ;)http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/celia/celia.html

I even found -- by dumb luck -- some yarn I just had laying around that I think (hope? pray?) will be perfect for this. Yay for stash-busting!

That is so hot! I can't wait to see it finished! I plan to do that top too... hopefully before summer's gone.

Archived