Join the Crochet Olympics

sorry you aren't feeling well. it's not like there is an immediate deadline on the techy stuff. feel better soon.

Ok, I'm giving up tonight. I think the head cold or the bridal stress is preventing me from seeing things clearly tonight - usually I'm pretty good at this kind of techy stuff (just not web design). I put the old Olympics page back up.

I'll most likely call in sick tomorrow, so I'll have a little more time to play with this.

Good night all. :)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to do this sweater from garnstudio. I love the look, and the color.... but I always do blue so I might try a different color.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=56&d_id=14〈=us

It will definitely be a challenge for me because I'm not used to a pattern without row by row instructions... there's just a chart AGH!!!!

Now I have to go to my LYS during their superbowl sale and hope they have what I want in the quantity I want....

Ginny

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com

I just realized I never said what I'll be working on. :blush I'm going to make several scarves for Threads of Compassion. I'm a very slow crocheter, so I only signed up for five scarves, but if I can do more then I definately will.

It's come to my attention that some of you may have had difficulty signing up for the Crochet Olympics because the signup post had the email address with a period at the end. I'd edited the post to remove the period. Note: the mail-to link worked okay, so if you used that, don't worry.

Just to be clear: the signup email is crochetolympics@jinglelady.us

I've received 4 more signups today - I just haven't updated the site. This cold is draining my energy. I'll update the site tomorrow morning. Oh, I also have done nothing with the blog install today. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for the wishes to get better and get over the bridal stress. :hug

if there was a tatting olympics, you could do a triathalon. :lol
Oh goodness!!! That would cause mental insanity! Doing the Knitting Olympics and the Crochet Olympics is MORE than enough for me! I think that I would have to call in sick to work for the whole entire time! :lol

I still have not picked out exactly which doily pattern I am going to do! I have several old doily books that I picked up on e-bay a while back that all look fairly difficult, but manageable! A lot of them call for size 40 thread though, and are listed as being 20-24 inches in diameter.....I cringe to think how big they would turn out with size 10 thread! :eek

Well I haven't picked a pattern, need to do that today. Also checking for yarn. More than likely either a poncho, shawl or shrug. I need to find an easy pattern for the shrug as I have had no luck in doing them. Glad I'm here.

Hugs,

jennifer:cheer

Well I haven't picked a pattern, need to do that today. Also checking for yarn. More than likely either a poncho, shawl or shrug. I need to find an easy pattern for the shrug as I have had no luck in doing them. Glad I'm here.

Hugs,

jennifer:cheer

Try the Mrs Who. It looks complicated but it's deceptively easy once you read through the instructions.

Ordered my Olympic Athlete Gear today. I opted for the "I'm a Hooker" baseball top in blue & white. It supports the village & makes me feel as if I have the right clothing...

Alison:hook

So, where are the sporty smilies?

So, where are the sporty smilies?
Well, I am sure that this little guy :bounce is getting ready for the high jumps

And, well, this swimmer is celebrating his win :help

I am POSITIVE that shopping is an Olympic event :shop

And lookie this fine athlete doing some conditioning training :sheepjump

And of course, here is me getting ready for my dual events :knit.... :sleep... :hook

OH me too! I want to try Mrs Who's shrug, it's already on my to-do list..but I've never done actual clothes so I'm scared to start it..lol. This'll be good motivation to!

Kimberly - you crack me up! :)

Ok, I updated the site with all the entries I received as of 11:30am today, with the exception of one entry from a participant in Norway - I'm waiting on confirmation of her name before posting it.

So - if you've sent me an email about joining and you don't see your name there, please send it again!

We're up to 48 participants! Woohoo! But I know we have a LOT more crocheter's out there. Come on, you know you want to challege yourselves....

Go Crocheteers!! :cheer:clap:hook

I did consider changing my project to this:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-bolero.html

but am sticking to the baby poncho because I need to use up some yarn before buying more. :lol But I love this bolero and definitely want to make it.

Kimberly, if shopping isn't an olympic event, let's make it one! :D:shop

here is a picture of the :cowboy cowboy afghan that I have decided to make for the olympics. http://photobucket.com/albums/e176/meadowlake23/?action=view&current=P1010010.jpg my 5 year old is bouncing off the walls excited because I have been putting this off for months....:tired this will be me when I finish I am sure...:lol

everyone elses projects are beautiful!! I can't wait to see the fO

sarah

here is a picture of the :cowboy cowboy afghan that I have decided to make for the olympics. http://photobucket.com/albums/e176/meadowlake23/?action=view&current=P1010010.jpg my 5 year old is bouncing off the walls excited because I have been putting this off for months....:tired this will be me when I finish I am sure...:lol

everyone elses projects are beautiful!! I can't wait to see the fO

sarah

Wow! That will quite a challenge for 16 days! Best wishes! :cheer

Archived