Join the Crochet Olympics

Ok, I am willing to create a site for the Crochet Olympics. Unless you have somone else who has already said they would. If I do this I have a few conditions...

• I would like your input on what you want it to look like....I have an imagination so I can throw one together with little input... I like input however...
  • No one can make fun of my design....:blush. :nahnah
  • Ok, I guess thats all my conditions....:think

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like great fun, you guys, and sure wish I could join in, but I already feel like I'm in the crochet olympics, just keeping up with all my crochetalongs !

You guys have fun -- it'll be neat to see what all you choose to do and how many can get it done in their time frame.

Good luck ~~~:)

i've sent the email and now there's no turning back. i'm going to try the fluffy pink shrug. i did it back when i first learned to crochet, but only did the sleeves part cause the ruffles looked pretty daunting. this time, i'm going to try to figure out the whole thing:think . my mom says not to look at the pattern as a whole. just do one row at a time and it won't look so scary.:hook i think i'll do it in something inexpensive and then, if it works, i'll buy the good stuff. if not, i can frog it and use it for something else.:lol

Call me crazy but i am in!!! I know exactly what i want to make!! Mrs Who's Shrug! I have been putting it off way too long now and this seems like the right oppurtunity for it! Going to go dig in my stash to see if i have what I want:)

HUgs

vims

Well, I've sent my email.......I'm in.

Bent my brain trying to figure out what to do and then it came to me....a doily. Now, I know some of you may giggle at me but they all look so pretty and dainty, just looks so 'over my head', seeing how I'm a newbie still, but I'm going to try.

Now, to find the perfect doily pattern for me......hmmmmmmm

Lisa :hook

Oh eeeekk!!! I just signed up 2 days ago for the Knitting:knit Olympics....trying to double compete just might make me go insane!!! :loco

Awww......what the heck!! :hook There are always athletes who compete in multiple events, so why can't I? Hopefully I manage to make it to the finish line in at least one of the events! :blush

Now...what to make.... :shrug

I've updated the site with those email signups that came in as of 4am. I have about 6 more in my inbox, but I gotta go scoot to work. (I'll probably add more throughout the day.)

LisaIzMe suggested setting the site up as a blog. Great idea! I'd thought about making this an entry in my Crochet blog, but I hate that design. Since I need to play around with upgraded blog software anyway, I'll investigate installing & setting up a new blog for this on the weekend. So expect lots of changes to the look and feel!

Ok, I am willing to create a site for the Crochet Olympics. Unless you have somone else who has already said they would.

MamaHooks - Thank You! :hug I'll pm you later with more info, ok? And of course nobody will make fun of your design. In any case - it'll be LOADS better than what is there now. :lol

Ok - off to work now. Go Crochetters! :cheer:cheer

i see some buttons were added today. i made one last night as well.... i have to wait for hubby to finish it up, though... i'm crappy at the software (i really need to work on it..... anyhow, so look for it later

i can't join, because i am in the Knitting one... and there is no way i'll be able to do both. i'm making a sweater for my daughter....

anyhow, good luck to you all and i will be cheering you on :cheer

Like the other Rebecca, I'm also already signed up for the Knitting Olympics so I won't be joining you but I'm really excited to see what gets made!! Unfortunately the only thing crochet-wise that would fit the rules for me would be a full-size afghan (because of time limits, they usually take me forever to finish!) and I don't have the funds for that right now. I will be knitting either the Jaywalker sock pattern or The Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits.

Like the other Rebecca, I'm also already signed up for the Knitting Olympics so I won't be joining you but I'm really excited to see what gets made!! Unfortunately the only thing crochet-wise that would fit the rules for me would be a full-size afghan (because of time limits, they usually take me forever to finish!)

I can totally relate to you on the afghan. I too, would have a hard time finding something that would be a challenge for me to finish (crocheted) in the time frame, though the afghan thing would work, cause I just get so bored with the repetitiveness of a large afghan. I already know I can do sweaters in a week, so I have decided to do the Knitting Olympics, since I am soo new at knitting. I am doing the Linie 89 sweater at elann.com.

And unlike Kimberly, I'm not confident enough in my knitting speed to take on two events. Maybe will change my mind, since it just seems like so much fun, but at the present, I am sticking with one knitted sweater.

GO Crocheteers!!!:cheer :cheer

I'll send the email away soon, first I need to decide if I think I can do it (I've got all these projects for a craft fair to be done too so I might end up in way over my head :lol ). I'm thinking of attempting my first doily for my mum, I said I'd make it for her but haven't got around to starting it :blush

Oh eeeekk!!! I just signed up 2 days ago for the Knitting:knit Olympics....trying to double compete just might make me go insane!!! :loco

Awww......what the heck!! :hook There are always athletes who compete in multiple events, so why can't I? Hopefully I manage to make it to the finish line in at least one of the events! :blush

Now...what to make.... :shrug

if there was a tatting olympics, you could do a triathalon. :lol

Well, I've sent my email.......I'm in.

Bent my brain trying to figure out what to do and then it came to me....a doily. Now, I know some of you may giggle at me but they all look so pretty and dainty, just looks so 'over my head', seeing how I'm a newbie still, but I'm going to try.

Now, to find the perfect doily pattern for me......hmmmmmmm

Lisa :hook

you're braver than i am. my mom makes the most beautiful thread crochet doilies. drawers full of them. i can work with yarn, but not that tiny thread. of course, i can just pick what i like from her doily stash when i "need" one.:manyheart

:D Well I just sent in all my info. Now for the part I just hate. :thair:yell:thair:yell The WAITING.......:irk Never have been good at that........:devil

Me neither. I'm ready to get started NOW!!!!

But can I make a few suggestions for things to do while waiting?

1) Throughly clean the house, so you won't have major housework chores during the Olympics. You don't want to spend precious crocheting time with a mop and a spray bottle of window cleaner.

2) Get to the grocery store and buy your food for two weeks. You don't want to waste time getting that stupid gallon of milk (and you know you'll get stuck behind that lady who insists that can of green beans that rang up for 63 cents should have only been 57 cents).

3) Start preparing those casseroles to be frozen...you'll want quick and easy dinners during the Olympics.

Just get those picky odds and ends jobs done and over before the Olympics. For example, hopefully I'll get my W2s next week, so I can do my taxes next weekend. Hubby is already asking "When are we getting the refund." I know he won't let me hold off until after the Olympics to get the taxes done.

I haven't decided what pattern I'm using but I'm making a cardigan/bolero. I've NEVER made one. I have it narrowed down to 2 patterns.

I'm doing it in Berry Blue SS & maybe trimmed with some red or black? Not sure about the edging yet but a CC would be pretty I think. I did make a poncho with SS & it feels sooo nice! Not too heavy & not too open for late Feb-April or May.

:lol I just read the rules again & I am so glad I did! When I read it the first time I read 16 days as Feb 16 (instead of Feb 26th!) & thought it was 6 days long. :eek 16 days is a lot better! :hook

Thanks Lady BeBop. Your 2nd item on the list was what prompted me to read the original post again.

I've sent my info- count me in!!! I've had a shrug on the back burner for quite some time (meaning I have the pattern and yarn, but not the time) so now I have a reason. :hook I'm going to do the shrug-a-licious.

you're braver than i am. my mom makes the most beautiful thread crochet doilies. drawers full of them. i can work with yarn, but not that tiny thread. of course, i can just pick what i like from her doily stash when i "need" one.:manyheart

That's why I'm making mine out of thicker thread, well, that and because it's the only size thread I've got :lol Besides, it's going to be used for a tablecover more than a doily really, so hopefully it'll work :hook

I just sent my email...now I just have to make sure I have all the yarn! I *think* I ordered for this project a few months ago, but I guess I have to be going through my stash soon to make sure it's all here. I'll be making a dark green/camel sweater out of Bernat Satin for my nephew; my SIL's due date is 2/20, smack-dab in the middle of the Olympics.

This will be my first CAL, so I'm looking forward to it! :cheer

Archived