Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katiebug- it looks like your dd found a new playmate!

That's an awesome amount of squares, but Owlvamp, you sure have your work cut out for you.

I just finished my rendition of "Dobby the Sad Cat" by LOH and ran out of a vintage yarn that no one has. I found a close enough color and finally got it done so tonight I can start the next mystery square of the Bakery C2C ghan. January's is a cookie. :)

Now that is just so adorable... love it!!  I spent 6months in CT in 1977  we were almost neighbors, I was in Riverside... although Imust admit... I never adjusted well to being a New England gal!

Bgs and Tampa Doll

the shower went off without a hitch,when she went back to room she kept saying these aren't my clothes,till he showed her, her name on everything

My Mom HATES showers,  we have to lure her with a treat  afterwards... and dont get me started about the clothes... yes... labels are necessary!!!

Evening all! Went to the PO and got my squares mailed a few hours ago. They should be there by Saturday, or whichever day the 4th is on...I'll check the tracking tomorrow to make sure it works  :lol  I think they're in too big a box too...but the smaller size didn't look big enough? Also Sandra, there's a note in there for you too!

Right now, DD is laying down with "Dollie Dollie" (that's what she named her) trying to go to sleep, and DS is playing a game on the play station. Hate to tell him, but he's getting off soon and going to bed. Then I'm watching a couple more episodes of Supernatural...

But, anywho, I'm going to get off here and get my evening chores done so I can chill out and watch my show. Hope you all have a great evening!  :hug s

Good Morning Everyone I just wanted to hello to you all :waving . It is suppose to another warm day. I need prayers this time. I feel I am asking for to many prayer request. But I have been having migraines. And if any of you all have migraines. You know what it is like.I wasn't going to say nothing for myself. But I just get rid of these migraines. I have had them going on 3 weeks now. I was suppose to be helping my sister out. But I can't. Because of these migraines. So, please say a prayer for me. I hate to keep asking for prayers. It seems that is all I do anymore. Sorry everyone. Thanks everybody for your prayers. :hug

:hug  :ghug  :hug Snowbear. 

Good Morning.

Bright Sunny and cold.

Changing over the table and tree today.  Then I am going to sit and knit an outfit for an 8" doll.

Sandra, sounds like things are moving along.  Yeah, the packages are better than bills.

Morning ladies! Just checked the usps website...I hate trying to track anything, but I also don't know how something could be "in transit" when it looks like it hasn't even left the city? Oh well...this is why I usually leave tracking stuff to other people  :lol 

Sorry you're having migraines snowbear. I get them a lot too, and yeah, the ones that last for days or weeks on end are the worst ones. Sending healing prayers to you.

DD has her follow up a little later this morning. Hoping the Dr gives us good news...and that we don't have another follow up at the beginning of next week. But right now it's still a toss up. I have to get her up soon as she's like me, not a morning person! And she's worse when she's sick like this, but I suppose that's anybody. At least people I hang out with, we're all crabby when we get sick :rofl

Ok, well, I guess I'm going to get up off here and start getting my day going. Thinking I should have made coffee, but soda sounded better? Oh well, anywho. Hope you all have a great day and I shall see you all later and I'll post an update about babybug.  :hug  all

#1 fantastic job on sad cat. You did a great job with matching the yarn you ran out of. I like your c2c block too.

Lea glad your "little" package of squares made it.

KatieBug hope dd is better today. Anymore our mail is picked up around 4:30 pm Mon thru Sat from the PO to head to the main distribution site so depending on when something is dropped off it can sit there for quite awhile over the weekend.

Snowbear hope your migraines let up soon.

Ok, so we just got back from the drs office. The bad news is she's still sick (but we all already knew that), and has to go back in next week for another follow up. The good news: the follow up is at the end of the week and the dr said she's sounding a lot better, but still mucus-y. So, it's a catch 22 right now. Unless she gets worse over the weekend (like she did last week) she should be improved by Monday. And I know I'm hoping that she gets better soon, as this is bout #2 and it's going on 3 weeks.

Well, just wanted to post the good-ish news! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!  :hug s  :ghug  :ghug   :hug s

Good afternoon.  Good to hear the little one is sounding better.  Did the Dr. ever tell you what it is? 

Well, we are up to 53 squares either there or on their way.  Glad you love getting mail.

Got the tree changed over and the 18" dolls are changed over.  I hope to do the table later.  Can't seem to get my act together to finish it today.

Looks like pizza for dinner tonight.

That sounds great on squares.

I received Snowbears 2 squares and bgs 8 squares. Wait to you see these squares ladies. They are totally awesome. I love all the colors already..I will try to post a picture of all these wonderful blocks before I start.

Good afternoon.  Good to hear the little one is sounding better.  Did the Dr. ever tell you what it is? 

Well, we are up to 53 squares either there or on their way.  Glad you love getting mail.

Got the tree changed over and the 18" dolls are changed over.  I hope to do the table later.  Can't seem to get my act together to finish it today.

Looks like pizza for dinner tonight.

Nope, they never said. Just some virus going around, that opened her up to a secondary bacterial infection that got kicked, but the virus is still somewhat there. All she said, go figure. And pizza sounds so good! We're having left overs tonight. Mosticcioli (however it's spelled), gerber sandwiches, and chinese food :lol 

Well, I will see you ladies probably tomorrow. I'm going to *try* to call it an early night tonight. So tired from the midnight to 2 am wake ups from Miss Sickie Britches. :hug s all!

Hello everyone.

Katie, I'm glad to hear your little one is starting to sound better hopefully she will be all better by next weeks appointment.

Snowbear, sorry to hear you are having headaches, I'll be praying.

I made it to the post office today so my squares should be in Sandra's hands on Monday.

I'm feeling better today but still a little stuffy and tired so I will be relaxing tonight.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

I had such a fun day today, met my friend  for lunch at Cracker Barrel and then we hiked part of the lake trail about a half hour from the house.  The weather was in the low 60's  ( I saw MY shadow if that counts for anything)

Squares are going out tomorrow Sandra.... and they will have a Mt Olive  address... I haven't moved LOL

attachicon.gifreceived_10207734374389302.jpeg

Somebody got her package in the mail and started squealing when she saw it! Quotes of "my dollie my dollie!" are very abundant! She also yelled "thank you!" to her fairy godmother!

As of right now, she's playing with her dollie and eating craisins. She's been coughing really bad today again too, and we haven't gone anywhere yet. 

Also, I have 8 squares I'm taking to the post office here in a while. Hopefully they send them in a timely manner  :lol  They better! (Mind you, I hate the post office about as much as I hate Walmart...all the waiting and then attitudes from people)

Well, off I go for now, I shall see you all afte while when I can hopefully type a bit more!   s all!

Awww, so cute. Looks like she is in love.

Katiebug- it looks like your dd found a new playmate!

That's an awesome amount of squares, but Owlvamp, you sure have your work cut out for you.

I just finished my rendition of "Dobby the Sad Cat" by LOH and ran out of a vintage yarn that no one has. I found a close enough color and finally got it done so tonight I can start the next mystery square of the Bakery C2C ghan. January's is a cookie. :)

I love those cats! She has a dog I adore as well. Going to have to purchase the pattern sometime. I have so much I want to make, there is no sense in purchasing any more patterns right now.  Where are you doing the Mystery squares at? I love the cookie one.

That is one cool cat.  I love the square.  I am going to try c2c very soon.

I too have yet to do c2c, but want to try it. It confuses me a bit. LOL, maybe after I do a square it will make more sense.

Hello.

I have 5 squares that will be on their way to Owlvamp tomorrow.

That's an adorable picture with the doll.

That is a cool cat and square. I'm making my first c2c now, it's a Gilmore Girls afghan for my daughter.

My head is still stuffy and my children at work were a bit miserable today. I have a new student who has totally changed the dynamics of the room, I'm hoping things will go back to our normal abnormal once he settles into the routine. Then it was a stop at Walmart where I bought a lot of stuff that I hadn't planned to buy today but my Valentine's day shopping for the grandkids is done along with the t-shirts to go with the pajama pants I made for the 2 oldest grandkids. Guess that sums up my day. Have a great evening.

Can't wait to see your c2c once you have it completed!!!

Good Morning Everyone I just wanted to hello to you all . It is suppose to another warm day. I need prayers this time. I feel I am asking for to many prayer request. But I have been having migraines. And if any of you all have migraines. You know what it is like.I wasn't going to say nothing for myself. But I just get rid of these migraines. I have had them going on 3 weeks now. I was suppose to be helping my sister out. But I can't. Because of these migraines. So, please say a prayer for me. I hate to keep asking for prayers. It seems that is all I do anymore. Sorry everyone. Thanks everybody for your prayers. :hug

Hope you are feeling better!!! :hug

Ok, so we just got back from the drs office. The bad news is she's still sick (but we all already knew that), and has to go back in next week for another follow up. The good news: the follow up is at the end of the week and the dr said she's sounding a lot better, but still mucus-y. So, it's a catch 22 right now. Unless she gets worse over the weekend (like she did last week) she should be improved by Monday. And I know I'm hoping that she gets better soon, as this is bout #2 and it's going on 3 weeks.

Well, just wanted to post the good-ish news! Hope you are all having a wonderful day! 

Glad the little one is on the mend. Hopefully by next week she is back to her old self. I know Little Tribble was crappy for a couple of weeks. Missed a whole week of school.

Have been busy trying to organize some things. LOL. it is almost impossible for this little house. Thought I had a fantastic plan for our spices and crock pot. Didn't work out had to put them back the way they were. Bah! horrible. lol. I did purge a couple of skillets as I got two new ones for my birthday that I LOVE! Combined some spices. Straitened up the stuff that on the top of the fridge. And went through my clothes and got rid of things I havn't worn for years but was keeping cause I might wear them sometime... Trying to figure out a good plan for my recipes and lids that go on all of our bowls. What a disaster :lol

Going to make a chore list out of a clipboard and clothespins. Kind of excited about that. Found it on pinterest. I will have to share a picture once I have it completed... :D

Cant wait to see Katy's blanket and hope my squares make it soon to Owlvamp!

Cold again, clear and not a cloud in the sky.

2 outfits done in crochet and one started in knit for the 8" lots of love doll. 

Not much going on today, just another quite day.

Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Yesterday the mailman dropped off a package from #1CrochetFan. 

I love it, I now have it full and sitting next to me.  The card is so cool also, as it has Mickey Heads on it.  The gift is a hook and needle case.  So great to be able to put both in the same pouch.

The inside is Butterflies, frogs and insects.

post-105-0-14429000-1486136441_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-74880300-1486136453_thumb.jpg

Gather around everyone and Listen.  I just heard from Kathy and I am going to put it here.

aw yes i wear hats and i love werthrs sugar free an stovers pecan chocolate suger free candies in the green bag. 

im getting a bit stronger but still dont eat much. 

allt 

just small amounts of thigs you know.

i will feel better when off this antibiotc mid  Feb hopfully.  that. s the intrveneous one that handy shoots into my  pic-line three times. dY as all all my medicins a side effect is fatigue and sleepiness and upset. stomache which i do have as well. its hard to eat when your tummy is churning. 

thans for the message. i havent got signed in again i will ork on that maybe soon sso i can thank all themkind people that have sent me cards and they sure cheered me up.  thanks to linda too for the butterflies and the square and  sandra  for giving me her phone nummber when and if i just wanted to hear anothe persons voicePlease  pass on my graitude to all ans all of them and you for writing.  love ya all baack some day soon.  

i m shooting for nex week so well see.   

Thought you would all like to know how she is doing.

Lea- What a small world!! Too bad you are no longer living here as we could get together.  We have had a mild Winter so far, in the Northeast, this year, but of course the Groundhog did see his shadow so we may have a longer Winter.

I am sorry about your migraines, Snowbear.  I will pray for you to not get them so bad. 

Tampadoll- I am glad you like it.  I aim to make many more and send them on, but I just need to find more time to sew.  I really have to use up some of the fabric I have.  Thanks for relaying the news about Katie. I am glad Katie is slowly improving.  That is great!

Tribble- the Mystery CAL in C2C is on Ravelry in Cherie Marie Leck's group.  She also is doing a Mystery KAL with a cupcake each month.  Her tutorial is superb for the C2C and if you do the square by the end of the month; post your photo, and email her  as to where to find the photo, then you can get the next month's square free.  Otherwise, you pay for the patterns, but they aren't that expensive. I am actually getting pretty good at knitting, also.  Yay!  That's too bad about little Tribble!  Does he get homework yet?   I hope not....

I'm glad your little one is doing better, Katiebug.

Archived