Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

There was a quick ray of sunshine  last evening with a visit from our leader Katy,continued get well wishes

shopping day,short list,I just don't cook much except on the weekend anymore,as an activity,we have started reading books aloud,Rene' and I taking turns,Jimmy really seems to like it, last evening,when we stopped he said it was just getting to the good part, can't you keep reading?

enjoy the day

ious

Another gray morning here and its a cold one. Saw a snowflake or two whiz by.

Linda reading to him sounds like its a good thing and that he stays mentally engaged in it.

Brenda

We listened to a couple of Jenny Colgan books on tape,when we found her nexxt one wasn't available on CD,We got the book from the library,that was about a rolling book mobile,a hilarious adventure.Sometimes with him,you don't know if he is listening or not,I guess last nights book was interesting,and it cuts down on him watching so much tv

Hey all and god afternoon! Quick drop in, as I'm finally getting around to doing some much needed cleaning. I think Whatever DD had did spread to me, just no fever. Really exausted tho. Can't seem to sleep enough...until evening rolls around and then I'm wide awake from around 9 to between 12 and 3 sometimes. And it's hard to clean when the kids are asleep, so I end up watching Netflix til then, back up at 7 to get DS on the bus, and then the cycle restarts. I did better today tho, didn't fall back asleep until almost 9 and was back awake about 1030. Still didn't the energy to move a lot until a little bit ago...go figure. Maybe I'm starting to get rid of whetever it is?! 

DD has her follow up tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping the dr says whetever it is is finally totally gone. When I called to set it yesterday, the nurse seems to know us quite well by now. She asked me, "Is she sick again?! Poor kid!" I had to laugh, told her it was a follow up, but that she now has a rash.  :lol  The reaction was hilarious! I'm thinking it might actually be Rosetia or Roseola, just from the look of it, the research I did, and all the symptoms. I hope not tho. Hoping it's just an allergic reaction to something that got switched in the house.....ugh...But right now, I'm not worried as she has no fever, is hardly coughing, and is acting a lot more normal.

Anywho, I think I'm gonna get off here, get back to my coffee, and clean a bit more. At least if it gets done now, I don't have to worry about it later!  :hug s all and have a great rest of your day!

No thanks necessary. It was good news and She did ask me to let you all know.

According to the PO, there are 4 squares in transit to you from Az. I can't wait to see the squares and the afghan.

Off to get a haircut today. Colored it yesterday, so I am young again, well I look younger.

I will be stopping at Michaels, as last night working with DP needles, I lost one. The couch is now eating knitting needles. I know it is there, but just can't find it. So off to get some more today.

Have a good day and lots of hugs. :hug:ghug:hug

Better the couch than the dog! I'm working a scarf right now with one 10" and one 13" needle, because the dog ate the other half of each pair. I told her if she eats another one I'm turning her into jerky!

back in the ville. ufortunatelyused all my energy on that. miiss you guys so almost well just like family. want to thank you all that sent cards and letters an giftees and for your encouraing kind thoughts prayers angood wishes

ill try to get back in now more often now thai can. thanks everyone more later ok

So glad to see you back here, Katy! :)  We've missed you badly, but so glad you are feeling better now, or at least a little better?  That nasty flu bug has been making its rounds, all over.

Hubby and I are down with head colds this whole week, too.  So we've both been totally useless.  He took care of me for the first four days, now its my turn to take care of him ~ :)

You just keep taking care of yourself and get better, ya hear?  Prayers for you and all.

Carole :) 

Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been MIA.  There is just too much going on....

Tampadoll-  I love the blanket and dolly outfit.  They both are so beautiful.

Katy-  Yay, I am so glad that you are slowing gaining energy.

Katiebug-  I hope you feel better.  We love Netflix here, also.  We can't wait until "Stranger Things" comes back on.  The next season won't start until Halloween, unfortunately. 

Carole- I'm sorry about your cold.

VikingRunnergirl- :lol  

Owlvamp-  I hope your grandson and dog are doing okay. 

Yay! Katy is back! I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

I hope everyone who is not feeling well will be better soon, its no fun being sick.  I had a head cold last week, it seems to be going around.

Not much going on here, work, errands, laundry, etc.  But I'm also planning to do a little crocheting tonight.

back in the ville. ufortunatelyused all my energy on that. miiss you guys so almost well just like family. want to thank you all that sent cards and letters an giftees and for your encouraing kind thoughts prayers angood wishes

ill try to get back in now more often now thai can. thanks everyone more later ok

KATTTTTTTTYYYYY So glad you popped in, we have been praying for you dearie!! Hugs~ Lea

Better the couch than the dog! I'm working a scarf right now with one 10" and one 13" needle, because the dog ate the other half of each pair. I told her if she eats another one I'm turning her into jerky!

That is so true!!! I had a hook that one of those bratty dogs of ours gave a couple of experimental chews! One of my metal hooks. Well you couldn't use it cause it had jaggedy bits all over. Mr Tribble sanded it for me and it works fine now! :)

Slept today. Was up the last couple of days for 40 hours minus 2 hours of sleep. I was so tired this morning it was ridiculous!!! Let me tell you  I do not function well on only 2 hours of sleep out of 40! But got like 5 hours today. Still a little scattered but feel much better!

Still working on the valentine box for my son that he's not even going to get to use at school! When did they quit doing valentine boxes? He did one last year but this year they are making a bag to use in class. I was slightly perturbed. I love doing the valentine box with him.

Have a great night all

Hey all and good evening! Not much going on right this second, waiting for the kids to be ready for bed and then I get the fun of cleaning out the fridge...then I'm going to probably do more laundry (I think DD's rash is just an allergic reaction to the new color safe bleach I bought since I couldn't find my normal brand). I have to re-wash ALL her clothes. ALL OF THEM!!! :bang  :bang  :bang  And does this kid have some clothes!!! Oh, then there's the bedding too...Oh the fun!  :no  :no  :no  

But on the bright side, I can watch my Supernatural while I do that...right now, that's my favorite Netflix show. Got it less than a week ago and I'm on season 2!!! May break out my filet crochet and watch that in between loads...sounds like a plan to me!

Lovin, hope you and hubby feel better soon!

#1, hope you get a chance to sit down and breathe soon!

Well, off I go. Going to go start pulling all her laundry out of the dresser and off hangers and hope I have the time to get at least part of it done before I pass out! Have a good evening all!  :hug s

Thank you all ~ :hug   I guess we bragged too much about escaping the flu bug ~ :lol   Well, we're only calling this a head cold, but it's still beating us up.  I may be calling the dr after all to see if we can get in same day tomorrow, or Friday.  Gotta keep hubby from being put into the hospital with this.  They're always concerned about any cold or flu going into pneumonia on him.

I've managed to get a few squares made, so will try to get to the post office as soon as I can to mail them.  While waiting, tho, I'll be working on more.  :manyheart

So glad to see KatyAllen back here ~ :hug   Sounds like she was not so lucky about not getting that horrid flu virus ~ :cry   It's been bad for a lot of folks.

A couple of you all have mentioned your "dear doggies" eating your knitting needles or crochet hooks?  :lol   Cats can be just as notorious!  I've had chew marks on the ear pieces of my glasses when they are on the table, and DaisyMay is bad about attacking the phone while she hears someone on speaker then chews on the antenna (makes for an interesting conversation while she's in your face). 

Hope everyone else is doing good with their health!  Mary Jo, that's great news about your blood test!

:manyheart  and :ghug  all around.

So glad to see you back here, Katy! :)  We've missed you badly, but so glad you are feeling better now, or at least a little better?  That nasty flu bug has been making its rounds, all over.

Okay ~ scratch the "flu comment" ~ :/  I just went back thru all the posts and saw where our Katy had foot surgery?!  Wow!  Not a thing to mess around with, that's for sure!  I'm so glad to hear you are doing much better, girl.  Glad you're back with us, too!

Hubby and I are down with head colds this whole week, too.  So we've both been totally useless.  He took care of me for the first four days, now its my turn to take care of him ~ :)

You just keep taking care of yourself and get better, ya hear?  Prayers for you and all.

Hey all and good evening! Not much going on right this second, waiting for the kids to be ready for bed and then I get the fun of cleaning out the fridge...then I'm going to probably do more laundry (I think DD's rash is just an allergic reaction to the new color safe bleach I bought since I couldn't find my normal brand). I have to re-wash ALL her clothes. ALL OF THEM!!! :bang  :bang  :bang  And does this kid have some clothes!!! Oh, then there's the bedding too...Oh the fun!  :no  :no  :no  

But on the bright side, I can watch my Supernatural while I do that...right now, that's my favorite Netflix show. Got it less than a week ago and I'm on season 2!!! May break out my filet crochet and watch that in between loads...sounds like a plan to me!

Lovin, hope you and hubby feel better soon!

#1, hope you get a chance to sit down and breathe soon!

Well, off I go. Going to go start pulling all her laundry out of the dresser and off hangers and hope I have the time to get at least part of it done before I pass out! Have a good evening all!  :hug s

So glad your baby girl will be alright, and it's just an allergic reaction, Katie.  When I first read about the rash, I thought maybe it might have been measles??  I guess we don't hear much any more about kids getting measles or chicken pocks any more??  Maybe cuz I'm not around that many kids any more, too.

Thanks, too ~ hubby and I are hanging in there with these colds.  We had gone to the hospital for him to have that stress test, but the dr wouldn't touch him since his blood pressure was too high.  So, of course, that meant an appointment made with the cardiologist last week, echo-gram of his heart done, and next week Wednesday scheduled for the stress test at our regular hospital (instead of the one the primary dr works out of and she would do it).  Such a run-around it seems ~ :/  We do like this cardiologist, tho.  He's very informative about what he's doing and telling everything he's doing.  Now with these stupid colds, we gotta get better!!

Good Morning. 

Carole, glad to hear you and hubby are feeling better.  Even a cold can throw you for a loop when it gets bad.  I have been through several of those stress test with DH, his take 2 days, as they are the chemical ones.  Before he goes to the Dr. next time, he will be getting an echo.

Katie, so glad the rash is an allergy, and not measles or something.  I was worried when I heard she had the rash. 

I was lucky when my dog was around, he never chewed, but he would either put his head or any part of his body that he could on what I was making.  He thought every blanket I was making was his. 

I hope everyone in the North East is doing ok.  I am watching the TV and seeing all the snow and more to come.  On Fox and Friends, there was one guy out by the girl giving the weather report.  He was from Florida.  He said his wife was in the room watching.  Take care, make sure you have enough food and of course most important enough yarn.

Have a great day and hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Morning all! Getting ready to take DD to the dr for (hopefully) her last follow up with the virus thing. I'm going to show her the rash and hope she can give her something I haven't already tried. She's just so itchy now she can hardly sleep. 

Last night, I discovered between loads of laundry the crocheting and watching Supernatural is not that easy  :lol  More like, impossible! :rofl 

Lovin, I hate it when drs so that whole run around thing. Drives me insane and I start yelling at them. Usually works to get done what needs done. Either they think I'm insane, or are afraid I'm going to go postal on them. Not sure which?  :lol 

Well, off I go and I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day! Be careful if you're in the NE of the states too! Looks like a blizzard is going on up there!  :hug s all!

Its another cloudy morning and a cold one. Those few flakes we spotted here yesterday were the beginning of the snow storm rolling through the North East.

Carole hope you and dh are soon over those colds and he does alright with his tests. They vaccinate the kids anymore for chicken pox and measles. I remember as a kid having chicken pox and both types of measles. The rubella vaccine had just come out when I came down with it so the pediatrician vaccinated my sisters and they were spared that round of splotches.

KatieBug I have to be careful of laundry detergent. I am allergic to ones with bleach added or oxyclean itself. Regular liquid bleach no problem. Stick my arm in washwater with the other stuff arm comes out beet red. I am allergic to talc.

I think a lot of parents are not vaccinating the kids anymore. 

If you remember Jenny McCarthy came out and said he kid became austic because he was vaccinated. 

They also had a break out of measles and such when they sent the kids that came across the border.  They apparently were not vaccinated.

I had measles as a little kid, both kinds also.  Then when I was 12 I got Chicken Pox, by then we had the vaccination. 

Hope everyone in the path of the storm is warm and dry. 

We are, hate to say, going to 80 today.

Have fun today. Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Here is a picture of Baby Snow's twin sister Storm.  Get it Snow Storm? :rofl

Her outfit is pink, green, and white.  I like this one better, as I like the colors better.

Snow post-105-0-49677200-1486666635_thumb.jpg Storm post-105-0-32780800-1486666658_thumb.jpg

Archived