Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Tampa, those dolls are adorable!

The dr is thinking its either an allergic reaction, or a viral rash. So, we're working on ruling out the bleach powder (she's fine with the one I usualy get, so it may not be that, but I couldn't find our normal brand), argon oil Mom added to the shampoo and conditioner, and the baby wash I got (again, she's fine with the one I usually get, but naturally I couldn't find it either)...so this is going to be fun. But that's ok. I'd rather find out what it is and know for future reference. Skin allergies with her dad (as far as we know) isn't any. I'm allergic to Wisk and Tide, but I'm fine with anything else I've tried. So I suppose that's a start?

Well, back off I go. Got more laundry to re-wash and a floor that isn't going to mop itself (sadly, they still haven't invented a self cleaning floor, but they can invent something to vacuum for you and remember the perameters?!) Have a good day all!  :hug s

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow and Storm. Funny Mary Jo. Both are cute. I think I like Snows color scheme better. I got chicken pox right off in kindergarten and measles shortly after so I was 5 and had 2 younger sisters at home. The school systems here require kids shots to be up to date in order to go to school unless they meet certain exemptions. I have heard there is an increasing trend towards not vaccinating and the possible link to autism. But I also remember a neighbor on crutches all his life because he had polio.

Hello everyone.

Immunizations do not cause autism, autism in a neuerological disorder that often becomes apparent at about the same age that children receive the mmr vacine. There is no absolute known cause for autism at this time and there are sooooooo many theories about the cause that it can make you dizzy trying to understand them all. Research is pointing more to genetics, if parents think back about family members they will often remember their quirky Uncle Alfred or eccentric Aunt Ester, they probably had autism but were not diagnosed.   6 of my 7 students have an autism diagnosis which is why they are in my class. Ok I'll get off my soap box now.

I hope anyone who is in the storm's path is staying warm and safe.

I am very tired tonight. I want to do some crocheting but I'm not sure how long I am going to be able to stay awake. Have a good night.

I agree with you totally about the autism and shots.  I was just pointing out why some people were not getting the kids the shots.  They listen to idiots like her.

Thank you all.  I had fun with the dolls.  Storm is now waiting to her temporary home.

How did all you who got hit with the storm make out?

We were in shorts yesterday, this morning we are back into long pants.  What a crazy year for weather.

I am off to see what my next project on my list is.

Hope everyone has a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug

Linda I hope you have a peaceful day and get some you time.

Sounds like the cold we had the last couple of days has made it to you Linda and Mary Jo. We started warming up last night and heading for the 60's.

Well, we had a lot of humidity yesterday, today it is gone, so it is much cooler.

Working on a new pattern for the Christmas stockings for the Warmth for Warriors.  This on is knitted.

Well off to my corner.

Have fun today.

Well, the storm finally passed by us at 6 pm.  The winds during the day were brutal so hubby and I waited until 6pm. Thankfully, he was able to work from home during the day , but ds in NJ, had to go in to work.  Of course, I was worried all day about him but I kept hoping that they weren't getting it as bad.  Youngest dd had no classes at college so she was thrilled.

The problem we had was with the last storm which was only 3" - hubby's snowblower broke and he was getting loud with me outside, so he made me nervous while I was trying to help.   The shovel that I had leaning on our garage, fell over and hit me in my rib.  For the past month, I have been unable to turn over and sleep at night; the pain has been excrutiating when I cough or laugh or bend.  It spread into the whole side.  I even had to move my college dd back for Spring semester and lug all her stuff with my ribs in agony.  Now, weeks later, I thought I was healed and then yesterday I had to go out and clear drifts of a foot of snow and more, where I know my hubby won't.  My hubby had his snow blower but where it blows, it piles up; it gets compacted and makes it harder to move and he won't clean off the garbages nor clear the end of the driveway. My oldest dd was outside helping me do the walkways but I can tell that the bruise is still healing and I really shouldn't be out there.  I really love the snow and it is so beautiful today what with the sun.  It glistens. 

I don't think we will get more than an inch or two tomorrow, so I am fine with that.

Tampadoll- I love your new dolly outfit.

CShort-  I agree that there are lots of things we still don't know about the brain so where some children may be diagnosed with autism after vaccines, it may be coincidental.  I know for sure, that where I live, the public school nurses mandate what vaccines are neccessary in order to allow the children into schools.  If a child does NOT have them, then they are not allowed to go until they go to a pediatrician and bring in the proper documentation.  My children were past when the new Chicken pox vaccine was mandated in.  My SIL opted to get the Chicken pox vaccine for my nephew but I was told by my pediatrician, that once it expired, the child would have to continue to get the booster.  If the booster wasn't given, then at some point one can still get a form of shingles.  It goes back to, the best time to get Chicken pox is when you are young and I was thankful that my 5 yr old son simply brought it home in the Spring of Kindergarten to his 2 1/2 yr old sister and his wee little baby sister of 7 months.  It was not fun but at least they all had a bad form of it.  Heres hoping we don't get a bad case of shingles, at some point.  I have heard horror stories about Shingles.

Hey all and good afternoon! After it being cold the last 2 days, it's finely kinda nice out today. Not doing too much around here today. I looked up a couple patterns for rose afghan squares, and now I'm going through them to find one I like. Not much luck yet, but maybe...Or I'll just do random flowers? Idk, figure it out later  :lol 

Well, back off I go, hope everyone is having a great Friday!  :hug s

I heard from Sandra and she has finished the ghan and has it in the mail.  She sent me pictures and I asked if she wanted me to post them, as she is very busy right now.

Her sister is back in the hospital and they are waiting to hear what is what.  That can play on you.

So here is the afghan and it will be delivered Monday February 13th. I am posting all three pictures. 

She added everything that was sent, so not only is there the afghan, but extra squares and lots of cards that were sent. 

I think Katy is going to love it, I know I do.  Oh if you want the DC # let me know, I will post it.

A great big Thank You to Sandra for putting this together.

post-105-0-94146000-1486761197_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-96758900-1486761205_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-96162900-1486761218_thumb.jpg

Well, THAT turned out lovely!! Sandra you are a blessing for putting it together for us!

Linda... thinking of you and hugging you!

Katie, did they rule out 5ths disease for her rash....? My boys had it and it took forever to go away....

Traveled the last couple days and I am TIRED plus Chris likes to listen to sports radio while we drive and if I head about the Knicks one more time I am going to rip out the radio!!! :lol :lol

I was able to get  somethings done with my yarn :lol

All you above the Mason Dixon line stay warm and safe!

I am now getting a good look at the picture and I hope it is the camera, that can change the color of things. 

It looks like there is white and gray and some green in the squares.  I am sure they are all blue, but we will have to wait for Sandra to let us know for sure.

I am now getting a good look at the picture and I hope it is the camera, that can change the color of things.

It looks like there is white and gray and some green in the squares. I am sure they are all blue, but we will have to wait for Sandra to let us know for sure.

I am sure its the camera as I recognize my squares and some that look gray green and white are all light blue.

#1 glad you checked in as you came to mind with this storm. Gosh you should not have been shoveling snow with those bruised ribs--the pain you must have been in but I get it. You gotta do what you gotta do when no one else will do it. I have seen some horrible cases of shingles and heard of others. dh had them. He only had one splotch that didnt blister but the stabbing pain was horrible. When he complained of the pain to the nurse at work and then the drs office a couple of days later they wanted him to go to the er because they thought he was having a heart attack

It's Friday! It's Friday! :dance  :dance

My oldest daughter had chicken pox twice as a child and shingles just after her first child had the chicken pox vaccine.

My youngest daughter had chicken pox three times as a child and had to have the vaccine twice when she was in nursing school, they wouldn't let her in the hospitals until her blood work showed that she had a resistance to it. She also had shingles last August, I'm sure it was triggered by stress. ​

The weather here was wonderful today, I almost didn't want to take my class inside after recess.

I picked up my grandbaby from daycare after work, she is napping now. I have a stouffer's lasagna in the oven for dinner when my daughter gets here. My plan for the weekend is lots of sewing and maybe some crocheting too. Have a great night everyone.

Ok my Photographer/color coordinator took one of the pictures and made it closer to what I am sure how it looks.  You must also take into consideration cameras and screens.

Some still look white, which I am sure are lt. blue.

I hope this gives a better look at it.

post-105-0-43650500-1486773666_thumb.jpg

Ok my Photographer/color coordinator took one of the pictures and made it closer to what I am sure how it looks. You must also take into consideration cameras and screens.

Some still look white, which I am sure are lt. blue.

I hope this gives a better look at it.

IMG_9840.JPG

Your photographer/color coordinator did a great job. My squares look pretty much spot on now.

Sorry about the bad lighting on my phone. But all the blocks are what we all sent in. They are all shades of blue. So the white looking ones are Light blue.

Finally got to talk to sister and she is doing better. From all the antiboctics and pain pills she was taking it was shutting her Kidneys down. They are fixing that and she doesn't look like a ghost anymore. So I am relieve about that.

Talk to you soon!

Good Morning.

I've been up for a couple of hours.

Sandra, thank you so much for putting the afghan together. Everyone did a great job on the squares and the afghan looks amazing, I know Katy is going to love it.

I have laundry started and I am in my happy place (aka sewing room) for the day.  Have a great day everyone. 

Good Morning.

Owlvamp, I thought I saw 2 dogs in the one picture, but my eyes are bad.  One on the right with her back to us and one on the left. 

Yeah, John did a good job.  I took in the colors I used and he used them for a reference.  Can hardly wait till Monday.

Cold again this morning, but getting up to 71, best part no humidity.

Hope to start my new afghan.

Hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived