Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Its so quiet here, you could here a pin drop.

all three are at Jimmy's mental health appt.,Lea Glad they seen her walking,and not have to make an unessacery( sp?) move.to another place.

Bill's mom is the opposite,she could use the assist of a wheelchair,but said in best German accent,Vot you think I can't walk,I can run,and she is so teeter tottering on her feet.Got to love them,they make life interestting,lol

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A light bulb went off and it helps me keep track of everyone .

I kept most of your addresse's and taped it to a sheet of paper with your board name for katy.

Well I threw some away.

So I need Tampa Doll,

bgs,

Tribble79 to send me their address please. I would like to include them to the sheet for katy.

Thank you all.

Hey all and good afternoon! Got some of the running done this morning, and now we have to go finish it up since I forgot a few things...Like, half of it!  :D  I'm horrible, can't help it.

DD id better today. still super "I don't feel good, leave me alone!" cranky, but better. DS thankfully never came down with it. I thank the antibiotic for him not getting it! 

Tampa, those are awesome pics! You are so talented! I don't think I'll ever get there, but you make me hope that one day I will!

Well, off I go, gonna go get this done! See you all later!  :hug s

You ladies have been busy!

Brenda, The dog mat looks great.

Mary Jo, The afghan is very pretty and the doll is adorable.

Katie, I'm glad your daughter is doing better.

Lea, I'm glad your mom is ok.

Sandra, I'm glad the squares arrived safe and sound and faster than I expected.

I had the grandbaby here most of the day yesterday, she kept me busy so I never made it the Ville. Today was work and a couple of quick errands. I have a sewing guild meeting tonight. That's about it for me.

I wanted to stop in and say goodnight to everyone.  It is time to get the medication out and take a shower, as I have to be up by 6AM tomorrow.  I have my 3 month check-up with the Dr.  Hopefully with the new medicine, my A1C has come down.

I want to thank everyone for getting you squares to Sandra on time.  She has them all and will be putting them together.  I myself can't wait to see this afghan and I know Katy is going to love it, because it came from us.

So Good Night everyone and may you all have pleasant dreams. :night 

Thanks for all the well wished for mom,  Brenda, this afternoon we couldn't help but laugh... I got her situated with a wheelchair and its in her room... well, she walked to the dinning room to tell the aid that she needed pushed to the dinning room.... then she walked back and sat in her chair... we all just laughed so hard....

Of course, they set up a memory room for the residents so they could fold a basket of clothes, wash plastic dishes, sit at a desk... the things they use to do at home.... My Mom sat in the rocker and told the folks she would leave a check on the counter when they were done.... I told the director that pretty much summed up my mom's house cleaning chores :rofl :rofl :rofl

Once a diva always a diva I guess!!!

MJ reminded me I have to go take the meds, wash the face and hook for a bit before I hit the hay... today has been a loooonnnnggg day!

Good Morning.  Thanks for the chuckle this morning.  I sure need it.

Up at 6:15 have to be there at 7:45. 

Good thing nothing by hooking and knitting today.

Check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Well somehow we slipped from Jan into Feb. Hope the Jan girls were showered with lots squares and good wishes. I checked our list on page 1 and Snowbear has a Feb birthday. According to our list she is collecting 6" squares any colors except orange or black. Cant believe its already Feb 7th.

So far another damp gray day here but at least they have been on the warm side. My cat and I want some sunny spots to sit in.

good afternoon

Trolls release date is today.

the other day I put it on hold at the library,pending release was # 54,today I'm # 39,so they must have gotten 15 copies for the Chesapeake system

have a Happy day

All but 5 blocks have made it in the afghan. All rows are stacked neatly waiting to be sewn together. The process starts. I went 6 across and 9 high. I love the blocks and made sure everyone's blocks made it in the afghan and the ones that were extra were ones with a lot of blocks sent in including mine.. I label each and everyone so Katy will be wrapped up in tons of love and hugs from us all. Thanks for making this possible. I will check in when I can and when not working on afghan. I am shooting to have this in the mail no later than Saturday morning but hoping for Friday. We will see. If I don't have little man tomorrow I will get a lot accomplished.

Linda I will be curious to find out what you think of Trolls as I havent heard anything about it. Even if it isnt very good this batch of them is so cute and colorful.

Sandra sounds like you are moving right along. Looking forward to seeing it when jou are done. Thank you so much for putting it together.

Wow that is going to be one big hug.  Sandra that will be great.  I can't wait to see it.  This place is great and everyone pulled together to get this done.

Big Thank you Sandra for sewing this together.

Great news for me also today.  I went for my 3 month check-up and my A1C (Blood glucose 3 month reading) was 7.  Last time it was 7.8, so it is coming down.  My heart sounded good and my lungs are clear.  So good report.

Took a nap, so I am behind.

Awesome report Tampa Doll. That's so good to hear ...

I have a sick fur baby and hopefully he is on the ups from here... He is only 4 in Sept. And already a finicky eater. It's driving me nuts.

I have 2 rows together. Little man is up so will have to wait for his mom to pick him up and will finish a few more rows before I go to bed. I keep telling myself stay on task stay on task. It's really hard at this time.

On my 13 year old grandson got a call late last night he had an accident on a skate board and she took him to the hospital. Took xrays and sent him home till this morning. I guess they were swamped. So I am still waiting to hear news for she hasn't called me yet and won't pick up the phone. It's looks from picture he'll need stitches if nothing else. So also trying to keep my mind busy. Just keep telling myself stay on task..

Owlvamp, the afghan is going to be great! Thank you for putting it together! Hope your grandson is going to be OK.

Tampa, that's great about your A1C, keep up the great work on it!

Haven't done hardly anything today. I have 1 load of laundry going, and that's about it. Been really tired lately, just hoping I'm not coming down with whatever bug DD had. And speaking of her...she's not coughing any more, but now she has a rash.....good thing she's going to the dr again this week!

Well, off I go again. Going to try to maybe clean the stove, it needs it  :lol  Hope you all are having a great day and have a lovely evening!  :hug s

Mary Jo glad you got a good report.

Lea I have been working on stockings for Warmth for Warriors when I want to keep my hands busy but havent decided what to do next. I really like making those. I had pulled my knifty knitter long loom out and had been making scarves with some novelty yarn I want to get used up until I realized it was time to make birthday squares.

Snowbear glad you are doing better.

Sandra sorry about your furbaby and grandson. Hop they csll tou about your grandson soon. Its hard waiting for those phone calls ---your stomach churning your mind wandering off to the worst while you are hoping and praying for the best.

Sandra, thank you for putting the afghan together. I hope your furbaby and grandson are both ok.

Katie, I'm glad your daughter's cough is gone but yuck to the rash, maybe it's a reaction to medicine.

Mary Jo, that's a great report from the doctor.

Snowbear, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Lea, your stories about your mom made me laugh.

It was little bit of a crazy day at work and I'm a little tired. So I am doing some laundry and relaxing with my crocheting.

back in the ville. ufortunatelyused all my energy on that. miiss you guys so almost well just like family. want to thank you all that sent cards and letters an giftees and for your encouraing kind thoughts prayers angood wishes

ill try to get back in now more often now thai can. thanks everyone more later ok

Archived