Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

What an awesome Bday gift, MJ. I am working on something for you but it isn't finished and you won't get it by Friday unfortunately.

What a shame about Katie.:(. I think her fav color is blue and I would also love to contribute. She is/was looking for 8" squares in blues and greens. What if we do 8" squares in blues and if there are ones you don't need or can't use, you can pass them along to her with the blanket. I would say 5 (8") = 40" wide by 6 or 7 rows up = 48 or 56" length. The length can depend on how quickly you receive our squares and are able to get it together.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we are looking at 30 to 35 - 8 inch squares, in blue.

We have enough here to cover that right? 

I am sending a pm to you owlvamp.  Let us know who and how many.

Thank you all. 

Sounds like an excellent plan! Count me in for a square or two; I think I still have owl's address in my file but I'll pm if I need to. I'm so glad to hear news, though I wish it had been better (like maybe just a computer melted), though I'm glad it's not worse (hooray for being home!!)! I was going to add something else, but then the dog and cat tore through and deleted my post and the dog kept stealing photos of Little Viking to get my attention, so I'm pretty cranky now.  :irk

What a shame about Katie. :(. I think her fav color is blue and I would also love to contribute. She is/was looking for 8" squares in blues and greens. What if we do 8" squares in blues and if there are ones you don't need or can't use, you can pass them along to her with the blanket. I would say 5 (8") = 40" wide by 6 or 7 rows up = 48 or 56" length. The length can depend on how quickly you receive our squares and are able to get it together.

I am waiting to hear if owlvamp will do it or I will.  I will let you know as soon as we get that squared away.

Good Evening everyone.  I will give you what you need hopefully tomorrow.

Have a good night.

I can tell you what I know so far.  We are asking for Granny Squares in all shades of blue.  They will be sent to owlvamp, if you need her address, pm her.

I just sent her a pm to ask when she needs them by.  Any squares over what is need for the afghan, will be sent to Katy.

I think it is a great idea, that if you like, send a dollar or two to help with the cost of shipping.

Off to pull out by blue. 

One other thing, could you let us know how many you will send, so we can keep a running total?

Thank you all.  I know I am new to this thread, but she seems to do a lot and keep it going.

good morning

glad to hear Katy is on the mend

it rained this morning,should give way to clearing this afternoon,maybe I can pop out to the dollar store,Rene' got a cute bunch of troll stickers,I want my own set,those trolls make me smile everytime I see them. PT this afternoon for sil.

enjoy the day everyone

Well I have bad news. My Brother-In-law has real bad back set. He had to go back on respirator.  A Trach put in his throat. And he only opened his eyes once. Also they are moving him to long term care. To another Hospital to far for my Sister to travel. It will cost more gas money. That she don't have.  So, please keep praying. Hoping for good news soon.  Thanks for all the prayer have gave us.  Sorry to  bother you all again for more praying. But she needs all the prayers she can get.

Sorry to hear about the set back with your BIL Snowbear.

I have a date for those willing to make squares.  We would like them mailed by Feb. 6th.  This way, owlvamp, thinks she can get it sewn together and ready to go, in hopes to get it to Katy by Valentine's Day Feb. 14th.

Anyone needing her address please pm her or me.  Thank you all for your help.

Snowbear

sorry to hear of his setback.You should know by now,its never a bother,we are a tight knit group,that care about each other,whether its their joys or their woes,we are here with a listening ear,or a shoulder to lean on,prayers being said for you and your family :hug

I am so glad we've heard from Katie. I will get busy on some blue squares too.

Snowbear, I'm sorry to hear about the set back.

Not too much going on here just staying busy with work and family.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Snowbear, sorry to hear about you brother in law, I'll pray for him.

So happy someone heard from Katy, I was hoping her internet was just messed up really bad or something :(  Glad to hear she is home tho. I'm going to get started on at least 1 square, I'll try to do more for her.

Owlvamp, could you please PM me your address?

On another note, DD borderline has phnumonia from the virus. Dr said it's not quite there yet, but it's well on it's way. We took her in earlier today, and we have to take her back Monday morning. She has to re-start the steriod treatment to help kick it. We were 8 days in, and now it's back to 10 starting in the morning. They also put her on an antibiotic, as they're classifying it as a developing bacterial infection. Poor little critter can't seem to catch a break this winter  :(  And then my DS is starting to cough and sneeze as well. Looks like it's heading back around. I'm taking stock in Lysol spray and wipes, and scented Clorox with all this! Thank you Costco for me being a member...I can get everything there and in industrial size so I have some left over for the next round!

OK ladies, I'm going to go for now and see if I can find some blue yarn or have to buy some one the first. Hope you all have a lovely night and a great day tomorrow!  :hug s

Good Morning.  Couldn't sleep, so I thought I would see what the Ville has to offer.

KatieBug, so sorry to hear the daughter is so sick.  I hope this next round works better.

It is great that everyone is willing to help with this project.  I think Katy will love it.

Archived