Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

thank you for relaying the message Tampa Doll

I'm stumped when she mentioned butterflies,unless there were butterflies on the card,maybe someone else sent her a square,I know I didn't

glad she is getting stronger bit by bit

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Tampa Doll for relay message from katy. I'm glad she is feeling a tad better. It will take time for her to fully recover.

I received more blocks today. One box just came a little bit ago and it was from #1Crochetfan and then Tribble79..

Thank you ladies!! Okay now #1Crochetfan tell me how you made your blocks? I've been wanting to do that but no pattern and I shyed away from it. Ladies the blocked are beautiful ... katy is going to love all the hugs from us. This is going to be beautiful with all our blocks. I'm so happy we all came together to do this...

Yesterday the mailman dropped off a package from #1CrochetFan. 

I love it, I now have it full and sitting next to me.  The card is so cool also, as it has Mickey Heads on it.  The gift is a hook and needle case.  So great to be able to put both in the same pouch.

The inside is Butterflies, frogs and insects.

attachicon.gifraok 2-2-17001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifraok 2-2-17003 (2).JPG

That is awesome, such a gorgeous holder! I am packing mine about in a zliplock bag right now... lol. Plan to make me a holder sometime soon.

Gather around everyone and Listen.  I just heard from Kathy and I am going to put it here.

aw yes i wear hats and i love werthrs sugar free an stovers pecan chocolate suger free candies in the green bag. 

im getting a bit stronger but still dont eat much. 

allt 

just small amounts of thigs you know.

i will feel better when off this antibiotc mid  Feb hopfully.  that. s the intrveneous one that handy shoots into my  pic-line three times. dY as all all my medicins a side effect is fatigue and sleepiness and upset. stomache which i do have as well. its hard to eat when your tummy is churning. 

thans for the message. i havent got signed in again i will ork on that maybe soon sso i can thank all themkind people that have sent me cards and they sure cheered me up.  thanks to linda too for the butterflies and the square and  sandra  for giving me her phone nummber when and if i just wanted to hear anothe persons voicePlease  pass on my graitude to all ans all of them and you for writing.  love ya all baack some day soon.  

i m shooting for nex week so well see.   

Thought you would all like to know how she is doing.

Thank you for passing that on! I'm glad to hear she's doing a bit better.

Lea- What a small world!! Too bad you are no longer living here as we could get together.  We have had a mild Winter so far, in the Northeast, this year, but of course the Groundhog did see his shadow so we may have a longer Winter.

I am sorry about your migraines, Snowbear.  I will pray for you to not get them so bad. 

Tampadoll- I am glad you like it.  I aim to make many more and send them on, but I just need to find more time to sew.  I really have to use up some of the fabric I have.  Thanks for relaying the news about Katie. I am glad Katie is slowly improving.  That is great!

Tribble- the Mystery CAL in C2C is on Ravelry in Cherie Marie Leck's group.  She also is doing a Mystery KAL with a cupcake each month.  Her tutorial is superb for the C2C and if you do the square by the end of the month; post your photo, and email her  as to where to find the photo, then you can get the next month's square free.  Otherwise, you pay for the patterns, but they aren't that expensive. I am actually getting pretty good at knitting, also.  Yay!  That's too bad about little Tribble!  Does he get homework yet?   I hope not....

I'm glad your little one is doing better, Katiebug.

Thanks for the info on the CAL I am going to go in search of it.. :) I gave up on knitting long time ago. I am really bad about dropping stitches and it is impossible for me to figure out how to pick it back up again, so I have to rip it all out and start over. I did that for 2 weeks. Done!

Little Tribble does get some homework. Usually only one page of math and a small book that he completes both in about 5 minutes. So not bad yet. I get complaints of it being too easy, but I tell him well, you can get it done quick and then you can have the whole evening to do whatever. That usually works well for him.

Didn't do anything today. So tomorrow have plenty to get done!

Thanks all!

Thank you Tampa Doll for relay message from katy. I'm glad she is feeling a tad better. It will take time for her to fully recover.

I received more blocks today. One box just came a little bit ago and it was from #1Crochetfan and then Tribble79..

Thank you ladies!! Okay now #1Crochetfan tell me how you made your blocks? I've been wanting to do that but no pattern and I shyed away from it. Ladies the blocked are beautiful ... katy is going to love all the hugs from us. This is going to be beautiful with all our blocks. I'm so happy we all came together to do this...

Very happy they arrived!

Good evening ladies, quick drop in before trying to lay the kids down. DD is a little better today, but still coughing quite a bit. DS hopefully won't get any worse with it, but he's on an antibiotic already for a sinus infection, so...crossing my fingers with him.

Tampa, thank you for the update from Katy. So happy to hear she's feeling a smidge better.

Owlvamp, I just checked the usps website and it said it was somewhere in NC around 845 this morning. Apparently they didn't feel like updating it until then? 

Well, I'm going to try getting the kids to bed and then do the dishes and head that way myself. One would think that after sleeping almost all day I wouldn't be tired, but I still am. I think there's something going around the house because Mom and DH are the same way today too.

Well, hope you've all had a great day and a wonderful evening!  :hug s

No thanks necessary.  It was good news and She did ask me to let you all know.

According to the PO, there are 4 squares in transit to you from Az.  I can't wait to see the squares and the afghan.

Off to get a haircut today.  Colored it yesterday, so I am young again, well I look younger.

I will be stopping at Michaels, as last night working with DP needles, I lost one.  The couch is now eating knitting needles.  I know it is there, but just can't find it.  So off to get some more today.

Have a good day and lots of hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

No thanks necessary.  It was good news and She did ask me to let you all know.

According to the PO, there are 4 squares in transit to you from Az.  I can't wait to see the squares and the afghan.

Off to get a haircut today.  Colored it yesterday, so I am young again, well I look younger.

I will be stopping at Michaels, as last night working with DP needles, I lost one.  The couch is now eating knitting needles.  I know it is there, but just can't find it.  So off to get some more today.

Have a good day and lots of hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

It's so frustrating as since February first the post office has claimed they'd be delivered the second, of February, and as of today, the fourth they still show as out for delivery. Delivery by what? A tortoise? A snail? Hope they're not lost.

No thanks necessary. It was good news and She did ask me to let you all know.

According to the PO, there are 4 squares in transit to you from Az. I can't wait to see the squares and the afghan.

Off to get a haircut today. Colored it yesterday, so I am young again, well I look younger.

I will be stopping at Michaels, as last night working with DP needles, I lost one. The couch is now eating knitting needles. I know it is there, but just can't find it. So off to get some more today.

Have a good day and lots of hugs. :hug:ghug:hug

It's so frustrating as since February first the post office has claimed they'd be delivered the second, of February, and as of today, the fourth they still show as out for delivery. Delivery by what? A tortoise? A snail? Hope they're not lost.

Thank you for helping out. Katy is going to be blown away when she sees how many people sent squares.

Good morning Ladies!

I received two more packages today.

One from cshort and one from katie. Thank you for the blocks . They are beautiful. I will label them and have them set to go.

Thank you for the labels Tampa Doll. I'm using them. :) It was a great idea.

Great update from katy.... we'll keep praying for her!

Worked yesterday morning in Fayetteville and then we headed over to youngest son in Goldsboro, NC and had wings....they had a cross fit competition today so we didn't stay too late and drove home ( 2 hour drive)  sure don't understand this cross fit stuff... looks like torture to me!

Sandra, my box should be there on Monday...I thought it might have come today since it wasn't that far... oh well....

Its a hook and clean day, Chris is off to Lowes.... he sort of acts in that store like I do at Michael's....so its better he goes along LOL

Oh good, you got them! I had just checked the PO website and it had said delivered  :lol  I tried getting them as close to 8 as possible, but for some reason my gauge was off after constantly checking it...Or I just can't use a tape measure right :rofl

Well, I couldn't hardly sleep last night. I got a piece of a tortilla chip stuck in my teeth and couldn't it out. I can't even remember how many times I flossed, brushed and rinsed last night. Finally took something to help with the pain and was able to sleep for a little bit. It's still hurting, just not as bad.

But on the bright side, DD seems better today! Hasn't coughed that I've heard, but is still acting like she's not feeling great quite yet. Still cranky britches, but better  :lol  (I stand corrected, she just coughed a little bit, but not bad!)

Well, I'm off for a while. Going to go get dressed and see what all I need to do today, aside from the never ending pile of laundry. Hope you are all having a great day!  :hug s all!

Glad your DD is feeling better Katie!

RELAX this week Linda, cause you know soon it will be full steam again..

Brenda!  That is awesome!  I need some dog mats around here..... going on my list of to dos...

went to church this morning with ds#3 and his gf.... so glad he is going to church... he is the one who has PTSD since 2008, and this pastor seems to really be able to befriend him, we then went to lunch ( his treat) and had a great time... did this mama heart good...

Going to crochet a bit, get ready for the big game.... then crochet some more....

Well, all New England Fans should be happy this morning.  What a game.  That was all I wanted to see was a good game.

Love the dog mat.  Great way to finish up scraps.

Katie, glad Jazz is feeling better this morning.

I finished another doll outfit, but it was confiscated for a doll in Ami Ville, she was cold.  I will get a picture later. I also finished the edging around the afghan, that will also get a picture later.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.  Oh Sandra, the squares from AZ are in Greensboro, so you should get them soon.

Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Morning all! Quick drop in before I go do my stuff for the day. 

Hope all are having a great day today!  :hug s

The dog blankets have been a great way to use some really ancient yarn I inherited. How many years has Woolworths and TG&Y been gone and how long since you have seen sayelle on labels? Niece was ecstatic to get the two I made her for Christmas. She had requested one for the back seat of her car but was excited to see there was one for his car too. This one is smaller and for in the house.

Temps here are just bouncing up and down daily and going to continue --- 50 degree swings in 24 hours up and down.

Sandra hope lots of squares come today.

Beautiful day here in NC!!  Might take my crochet outside later... the doors and windows are open right now....

working on the CAL blanket today....

Had a scare yesterday, Mom had a fall and they took her for  xrays and she kept saying she couldn't walk....no broken bones but she still could not walk, they placed her in a wheelchair to take her places.... they were thinking of transporting her to a larger facility but they caught her walking around her room.... she just wants to be pushed in a wheelchair... :bang

That woman! :lol

Got a message from sandra she received my pkg ...this ghan is going to be awesome!!

Archived