Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good morning

Owlvamp,thank you for all the hard work you did in a short amount of time.

feel sluggish this morning,must be in part due to getting up twice in the night,I know better than to have an ice tea,so close to turning in,but darn it sure tasted good

enjoy the day everyone

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's gorgeous! Owl, you are amazing to get that all together and edged so quickly, And your design sense is excellent, too; it all looks so well balanced! Haha, I think both the color-corrected and uncorrected color schemes look great!  :lol

Katie, the last time I was in I didn't see that you got to post - good to hear from you! You had us all worried, you know. I hope things continue to mend smoothly for you!  :hug

Tampa Doll you did see two dogs in the picture. One was Bo and then other Hercule's. You are seeing correctly. LOL

Harlie is the one with the bandana on... But no worries no one can keep them straight. They all give you hugs this morning and I hug them from you. Have a wonderful day... It's really nice out here and I was letting them run in the yard. They had a blast and now their laying down like couch potatoes... I enjoy them so much. Their the light in my eyes...

Sandra, you did a wonderful job!!!  Tomorrow is suppose to be another beautiful day here...

I crocheted a bit today on the Attic 24 CAL,  Got the goodie bags packed for the Memory Care Valentines party,  finished up the boys VDay gifts....

Sandra glad your sis is better. Thank you so much for putting it together. You did a wonderful job. I am thankful that you took the time to take some photos so we could see it. You were sort of pressed for time for getting it together and then in the mail considering your sis being in the hospital and everything else you have going on.

We had bonsai this morning and then some of us went to late lunch. Mary Jo I think it was as warm or warmer here today than it was down your way. It was at least 75° here.

I heard from Sandra and she has finished the ghan and has it in the mail.  She sent me pictures and I asked if she wanted me to post them, as she is very busy right now.

Her sister is back in the hospital and they are waiting to hear what is what.  That can play on you.

So here is the afghan and it will be delivered Monday February 13th. I am posting all three pictures. 

She added everything that was sent, so not only is there the afghan, but extra squares and lots of cards that were sent. 

I think Katy is going to love it, I know I do.  Oh if you want the DC # let me know, I will post it.

A great big Thank You to Sandra for putting this together.

attachicon.gifIMG_9840.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9841.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9844.JPG

It turned out gorgeous Thank you so much for putting it all together for us all. I really like the size of those squares!

Good Morning.  Another chilly day here.  53 right now, but suppose to get up to 77.  We shall see.

I just checked the ghan is in Omaha, so it is moving right along.

So glad to hear you sister is better Sandra.

I just wanted to check in and say Hi.  Off to get dressed and go to the store.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

well good afternoon everyone

have been up for hours,just putzing around,don't feel like doing much of anything.

its a partly sunny day and almost 80,yes you seen that right 80,where has our winter gone to ???

have a super fantastic day

80 here today too.... took the crochet to the yard for a bit....then decided to clean out the fairy garden....

Chris is rewatching the SuperBowl..... he says he can enjoy it this time cause there is no stress :lol :lol

Leftovers for dinner tonight

snowbear, what size squares do you like?  or does someone know???

Wow Linda 80! We made 75 yesterday and had a breeze from the south. It was balmy and almost muggy.Today only 54 (which is still warm for us this time of year) and a stiff north wind so its chilly out.

Well Mary Jo it sounds like it is right on schedule. Sandra did a great job. I dont think I could have gotten it assembled and on its way as quickly as she did.

80 here today too.... took the crochet to the yard for a bit....then decided to clean out the fairy garden....

Chris is rewatching the SuperBowl..... he says he can enjoy it this time cause there is no stress :lol :lol

Leftovers for dinner tonight

snowbear, what size squares do you like? or does someone know???

Lea Katy has the list on page 1 (http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157198-granny-square-friendshipcomfort-afghan-cal-2016/) It says snowbear is Collecting any 6inch squares no orange or black.

Hey all and good afternoon. Went out to breakfast with a friend of mine today, he was needing someone to talk to. Other than that, I'm helping DS with his science fair project. He's not too thrilled about it. As much as this kid loves science anything, he apparently doesn't like researching it, or writing it all down...poor kid. At least he has the internet and not a card catalog!

Anyway, DD seems to be doing better with her rash. Still itchy, but the spots and itchy-ness seems to be lessening. They didn't say anything about 5th disease tho, which is good.

Owlvamp, the afghan looks amazing! It's like a giant hug waiting to get to her!

Well, I'm going to get off here and see what all else needs done today. Hope you all are well  :hug s

Hello,

I went to church this morning then made stops at Joanns and the pharmacy. I also picked up a burger and fries from Five Guys for lunch. Then I spent the afternoon in my sewing room. This is the product of my weekend in the sewing room, all for the grandkids of course.

post-4459-0-62946100-1486942061_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-93511700-1486942074_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-70666400-1486942086_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-21311300-1486942219_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-43317700-1486942257_thumb.jpg

Sandra! Wonderful work!! Im so glad I could help and send some feel better cheer to Katy!

I'm very glad your sister is better! You don't want to mess around with anything that's bad for your kidneys. Both my dad and brother have had kidney transplants due to high blood pressure messing them up.

Mind if I hop in on this thread from time to time? I hadn't really done much with granny squares until last year when I made a gigantic blanket for my brother for Christmas. I dig them now! Easy and fun!

Sandra! Wonderful work!! Im so glad I could help and send some feel better cheer to Katy!

I'm very glad your sister is better! You don't want to mess around with anything that's bad for your kidneys. Both my dad and brother have had kidney transplants due to high blood pressure messing them up.

Mind if I hop in on this thread from time to time? I hadn't really done much with granny squares until last year when I made a gigantic blanket for my brother for Christmas. I dig them now! Easy and fun!

Loved the sewing Carole.  I envy anyone who can do that.  The outfits are adorable.

Hay, Charis,  I am sure if Katy was here, she would say be our guest.  I have only been here this year, but it has been fun.  The only thing you will have to wait for Kathy for is your birthday, address and if you want squares or not for your birthday.  I am sure everyone else will say WELCOME!

Carol I love seeing your sewing projects. You do such nice work.

Charis thank you so much for helping with our special project. Katy is going to be so touched to see how so many came together to make squares. You are welcome to stop in any time and say hi. If you want to participate there is an explanation and list on page 1 but Katy is the one that updates things. We started the friendshipghan cal because at the time many people were listing squares on their wishlists and at that time there were pages and pages to go through. At one time we had 100 people on the list. Everyone would choose who they wanted to send squares to. You can sign up for squares and in no way are obligated to send any out. Our group dwindled down to such a small group we decided to focus on sending out squares for birthdays and maybe a birthday card to those not collecting (as there are people here who make and send squares but dont collect them.) If you have any questions just ask.

I like 6" squares. Any colors. Pastels are my favorite colors.  I have got enough red ,orange, greens, and blues. I don't have many pinks, purples, whites, yellows.  Or muti-colors.  Any of these colors would be fine. I thank you all for squares. My afghan is getting bigger.  Hopefully it can go on my bed soon. I need another warm blanket. I have a cold trailer in the winter. Especially in our  room. :ghug  :ty  

Oh, I meant to tell ya I am feeling so much better. My headaches are gone. I praise the Lord. Things are getting better here. Thanks for  all  your prayers. Brother in law is doing better. :hug

Morning all! Dropping in to say hi before I take my coffee and attempt to not fall back asleep  :lol  Still really tired, but no idea why.

I hope you all have a great day and I shall see you all later! :hug s

Archived