Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Linda, did you see me waving at you today? and may I say a rather droopy day?

#1Crochetfan... I do that ALL the time....

Tribs, feel better... I finally got your pkg in the mail, the address on the outside is NOT my real address, one I had to use for the mystery shops... I do NOT live in Newport News..LOL

Had along day of work and our son just came over for a visit so I am ready to hit the bed...

Hugs!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

I've missed another day here at the Ville  :no Some days I feel like life is living me instead of me living life.

Happy Belated Birthday to all the birthday ladies I've missed this month.

Hugs to everyone who is not feeling well and I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Todays plans include laundry, sewing and hopefully finding out what is wrong with my tv and getting it fixed. I've only had it 10 months so its still under warranty. The screen goes blank a few minutes after I turn it on, then the brand logo appears in the center of the screen, and I have to unplug it to turn it off. :think ​​

Ok enough rambling. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning everyone.

Tribble and howieann, sorry but your packages were mailed late.  I could not seem to get it together, then when I did we had a holiday, so they had to wait another day.

I do hope you are feeling better today Tribble.

Cshort, I hope you get your TV fixed soon.  Things would get hairy here if the TV did not work right.

The next tote is done and ready for it's pictures, but my photographer is down with a bad back.  I may have to take them myself. :rofl 

Not much going on here, I will be back to working on the afghan today. 

Have a good day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

good morning,out the door soon,taking mom to see her friend,almost wish one of them isn't up to it,not in the mood for shouting with hard of hearing people today

enjoy whatever you do today

trip cancelled,the other woman is not feeling well

Hey all, and happy Saturday Afternoon!

Not doing too much today, just my usual laundry and a quick walk to Walgreen's for the kids' meds in a little bit. I might be able to sit down and actually crochet later, I hope anyway...

Anyway, I hope you are all having a good day and mending :hug s all

Snowbear great news!!!!

Jade is adorable...

In stitches... funny...

Anyhow, question.... I was going to make ghans for the ladies in memory Care, but the more I think about it, I am wondering if I should just find fleece on sale and make them that way.

I went to visit Mom and they are having a scabies outbreak  on her wing.... I was so angry.... but apparently now all teh women have it and are getting treatment, which when I googled the meds is the same pill as Heartguard for dogs... 5000 amonth just doesn't buy what it use to! However, sil who is a nurse said it is common, soooo... the blankets I make need to be washed in hot water and sanitized if stuff like this happens, and I am not sure the yarn will hold up.... what do you think?  I feel so bad for Mom, here is a woman with her MD in education, a published author.... and she is eating with her fingers cause she forgets how to use a spoon.... sad...

So, what do you think fleece  instead of yarn?

Oh! Lea ~ that is upsetting about the scabies on your mom.  Made me remember when I caught it from a client I was doing home health, as a CNA, with a long time ago.  This is one of the reasons we're suppose to wear plastic gloves and/or wash our hands so thoroughly.  I had a itchy spot on my wrist which was a breakout of it, but the dr gave me some ointment to put on it to get rid of it.  I've never heard of a "pill" med for it, tho . . . and yes, that would be upsetting to find out it is the same med as Heart Guard for heartworms??  Oh, my!  This sure doesn't ease your mind about nursing home care when stuff like this happens, either, I'm sure.  HAND WASHING between patients is a MUST!  But some just can't seem to get that into their heads (and yes, I had a brain-dead event, too, at that time when I should have been more thoughtful!), but we can't, or shouldn't, be negligent about things like this.  I am so sorry this all happened with your mom, Lea.

I like your idea for using fleece to make your memory care blankets, but cotton yarn is a good choice like was suggested, too.

Hope everything works out for you mom and she gets healed up soon.

Carole, thanks so much ... I feel a bit better,  by and large this is a good facility Mom is in, but the whole emotional thing makes me a bit critical.. I am glad I am not a " fit pitcher" by nature..

had a nice visit with the grands today so my son and DIl could have lunch out...alone...it had been since Nov. that that happened//

I decided to make cookies for the first time with Wyatt who is 20months old... good thing it was just one of the ose add butter and egg mixes.... he did great for the first time....  Chris did a your tube video of it...

Looking forward o feet up, crochet and football tomorrow.....

I just saw the video and laughed.  Don't know about others, but we use to eat the cookie dough also.  No one worried it was not good, along with water out of the kitchen faucet, and  outside hose just to name a few.

Gloomy today, we are waiting for rain and a cold (giggle) front.  Ah I think I see the sun peeking out.

Ready to sit and watch some football today.  I am going to finish up the goodies for the tote and hope to get pictures tomorrow.  My photographer is feeling better today.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Good Morning

a dreary day so far

I did up one of mom's recipes last evening,I call it potatoes and noodles,instead of its German name Granadeermauch

in this day and age,it would be a lot of starch,back in the day,it was filling and budget friendly,out of all the recipes that she shared with me,,this one is my favorite,then of course Bill added his 2 cents,am I doing it this way ?,I said no,I'm doing it my way,a bit of fussing,so I thought okay,yes I need your help,and he put all the ingredients together his and mom's way,and he was a happy camper,I had read a little cartoon earlier about  Don't p*ss off the person who is cooking your meal,ah yes wedded bliss :lol  :lol

Years ago I did all the cooking.  Then DH decided he wanted to put his 2 cents in.  After a while, I left the kitchen and said it was all his.

Since we moved here, the kitchen is mine again.

Lots of wind and clouds, but no rain  yet.

Its another damp dreary day and its a lot cooler out. Yesterday was a no coat required day and today I wish I had grabbed a heavier coat instead of my rain proof medium weight jacket. We have had very little sunshine the past couple of weeks and I guess its making me feel the onset of the midwinter blues. Yesterday a group of the ladies I used to work with got together at one of their houses. It was good catching up with everyone.

Linda I have at times asked dh did he really want to go there knowing I fixed his food and knowing I had worked in the lab.

Lea I have been working on squares for you. How many squares are you thinking of using for one lapghan?

Its another damp dreary day and its a lot cooler out. Yesterday was a no coat required day and today I wish I had grabbed a heavier coat instead of my rain proof medium weight jacket. We have had very little sunshine the past couple of weeks and I guess its making me feel the onset of the midwinter blues. Yesterday a group of the ladies I used to work with got together at one of their houses. It was good catching up with everyone.

Linda I have at times asked dh did he really want to go there knowing I fixed his food and knowing I had worked in the lab.

Lea I have been working on squares for you. How many squares are you thinking of using for one lapghan?

oh my gosh,a comment about working in a lab,should really hush them up,

Bill is just full of himself this weekend,I'm usually slow about putting fridge stuff away,opposed to speedy,he said something and I just said,don't choke on the foot in your mouth,cause without even looking,he made the comment and the item was already in the fridge.

HI everyone. It will be our turn for lots of rain and wind for today and tomorrow.

I hate cooking but only like to eat home cooked food so I am stuck doing the work. I would give anything for hubby or dd to take it over at least one day a week.

Boohoo- both Packers and Steelers lost. Hubby was throwing a hissy fit over the Steelers game.

I've decided to rip some of my project later and get a different color that will coordinate it. I can always paint splotches or something in the coordinating color over the other one.

I also love cookie dough and still fill up on dough over cookies- lol.

Good Morning.

Well I did not expect Green Bay to lose, but the Steelers was a chance.  The Green Bay game was boring.  The Steelers game was good.

That is probable the storm that is moving up the East Coast. 

Uh #1 aren't you guys suppose to be Pat fans?  Just curious.

I have a Ref that was made for me, called a "Damn it" doll.  It has been getting a lot of use lately.  Between football and Hockey.

Today I have to go and pick up our Birthday cake and the fixins for 2 dinners, his and mine.  Then when I come home, I am going to sit and start back working on the afghan.

Sun is out right now, but that could change.  I moved the chairs on the laini last night, as they were dancing around with the wind we had, then I moved them back this morning, cause there was not much wind.  Guess what the wind picked back up.

owlvamp I do hope you feel better soon.  Migraines are a bitch.

Well lots of hugs to one and all   :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I dont really like to cook either. I had 3 sisters and sis #1 was more the cook. I was the baker---cookies and cake. My dad was a good cook (much better than mom) but messy. It was nothing to find his homemade spagetti sauce splattered on the ceiling. My dad always told me I could scorch water-----and well I have as I have put water on to get hot and forgot all about it and burned up the pan. With my mom's cooking he said it was either a burnt offering or a sacrifice. I have a deep admiration for people like dh's cousin that can cook a huge meal for like 30 people and get it all ready to serve at the same time.

It was sad to hear about the Royals pitcher killed in an accident. He was a fan favorite and just 25.

We went to the store and then when I came home we had brunch and then I worked on my afghan.

I got my mail and thank you Carole for the beautiful mug rug.  Yeah I love snowflakes, especially now that I do not have to shovel them. :rofl 

The card is just beautiful and it is now sitting on my table.

post-105-0-04724000-1485207948_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-27900100-1485207958_thumb.jpg

Isn't that pretty.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Quick stop in, DD is sick again and DS is starting to get it, and I think I am too...the germs around here hate us or something!

Anyway, :hug s all!

Hey all, spent the day with mil... Bible study... then we sat at lunch for  31/2 hours LOL.... I do love my MIL,  she is half way  through chemo///!

stopped by the grocery, visited my hair dresser  ( Game plan for letting my hair go grey this year)  then home, made dinner, laundry  I need to get ready for tomorrow... we are headed to Norfolk for the day..lots of crocheting done!

Brenda,  I am doing  5 rows of 5 or 6 rows  of 6 depending on the size of the squares...

MIL gave me two nice size lapghans she finished up today...

Off to pack my bags for tomorrow...!

Morning all!

Still fighting a migraine. I just took something and going to go lay down before little man gets here.

Hope that headache goes away. It's rough with a migraine and dealing with lights and noise!

Quick stop in, DD is sick again and DS is starting to get it, and I think I am too...the germs around here hate us or something!

Anyway, :hug s all!

We all have it here as well. I sure as heck hope we don't pass it around again! This was plenty. Get to feeling better soon...

We went to the store and then when I came home we had brunch and then I worked on my afghan.

I got my mail and thank you Carole for the beautiful mug rug. Yeah I love snowflakes, especially now that I do not have to shovel them. :rofl

The card is just beautiful and it is now sitting on my table.

attachicon.gifBD Granny Square000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifBD Granny Square001 (2).JPG

Isn't that pretty. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Pretty snowflake! Thanks for the squares Tampa doll, they are lovely!

Thanks for the squares Lea (miniwifeof4boys), I really like the cream yarn you used with them... Pretty. Little Tribble opened his kinetic sand and played with it all evening after he ate and did his homework. He loves it.post-73457-0-77367400-1485226733_thumb.jpgpost-73457-0-42280900-1485227058_thumb.jpg

post-73457-0-70708900-1485226829_thumb.jpg

Archived