Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning.

Lots of clouds, but I am sure they will burn off.  Cowboys lost, (YEAH :clap  :cheer ), but so did KC :reyes .  Not a bad day yesterday.  Got quite a bit done on the afghan, but it will have to be put aside to start the next tote.

No sleeping in today.  Up early, got the paper, ready to go over and pour my first cup of the day.

Have a great day today and hugs all around. :clap  :cheer 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

I have the day off but I was awake early anyway. I was hoping to sleep in since I can't eat or drink anything until after my doctor's appointment at 11. Then I will get coffee at Starbucks and go pick up my grandbaby for the rest of the day.

Have a great day.

Good Luck at the Dr.'s office.  Hope it is just a check-up.

Got the colors picked out for February tote, getting ready to start it.

Still lots of clouds.  Promise of rain today.  A little chilly.

Just finished breakfast and now going to sit in my corner and work on the tote.

How is everyone doing on this Happy Monday Morning???????

Good Morning all.

I've had a wonderful weekend! Not

I just can't seem to get the acid reflux under control for heercules. Poor boy.

Still no news for Katy? I have her address an set her a card ... I sure hope she is okay. This is not like her to not check in here. I am totatal lay worried.. I would call her if I had her number...

Hey! everyone ~ :)  Sure am glad it's warmed up a bit in these parts!  Tired of winter already and looking forward to Spring gettin' here!  All our ice has melted after being drizzly all day yesterday, and the down pour of rain last night, so things are a bit muddy now.  Headed towards 60* it looks like ~ yay! :clap   Since hubby started on the mudding and taping in my craft-sewing room, I decided to start restacking some of my boxes and bags in to the finished corner.  Today he is finishing hanging the sheetrock on the ceiling, then will start the mudding and taping again. I managed to find my bag of yarn and granny square patterns . . . which I "thought" I had set aside within reach?? :P  It got stacked to the back of the closet, out of reach, of course.  Anyway, NOW I have it all handy and ready to get started.

Right now, I'm working on hubby a crocheted hat to keep his ears warm when he's outside in the wind (he keeps losing his ball cap when the wind snatches it off his head).

I finished some crocheted things ~ scarves for mom-dad-daughter, and a doll, plus some other necessities boxed up to send ~ for a family who went thru that terrible fire in Gatlinburg, TN several weeks ago.  They lost everything except for a few clothes they may have had a chance to grab, their vehicle and their lives.  But God is so good, and He's meeting their needs ~ :manyheart

I sent a message, too, to our Katie girl . . . sure wish she would at least send one of us a snail-mail note to say she's okay, and maybe let us know what happening with her.  Last I heard from her was back on Dec. 6th ~ :(  We pray for her that all is well, tho, until we do hear from her, right?  :yes 

You all stay safe and well, okay?  I'm off to my crochet spot to get started again.  Have a great day~ :ghug

Cloudy rainy day here and 60 degrees out. So thankful we were spared from a horrible ice storm. All this moisture would have made for lots of ice.

dh decided after staying in all weekend he wanted to go have steak for lunch. We seem to have this habit of pulling into places that either arent open or have closed down and today that was the case for the first two places we stopped. After lunch we stopped at the store to restock the fridge. While everyone was stocking up ahead of the storm I opted to wait because if I lost power it would be less to move to a cooler and possibly spoil. I had enough to get by any how.

I was afraid KC was going to loose thats why birthday girls (MJ and neighbor) got their presents before this game. Its sort of a relief though because now all the hype over the playoffs and ice storm is over around here.

Linda that would be great if they can get his legs strong enough he could get around better.

Lea how many 6 inch squares do you envision using on the lapghan project?

Hey, Update on brother in law. They figured out what was making him so bad off. He can't respond to nothing. He is on respirator. He has an infection in the spine. It is in his blood stream. It is an wait and see situation. He is on really strong antibiotic. They still need your prayers. Thanks for all your prayers.

What a shame about your brother in law, Snowbear. I am praying for them.

Miniwifeof4boys- How scary about the accident that happened in front of you. I drove dd back to college yesterday and her classes start today. There were icy patches but most of the roads have dried up. It was a nice uneventful drive.

Hubby was so glad the Steelers won on Sunday. I think it will be a miracle if they win against the Patriots. The Packers game was an exciting one. We were glad the Packers won.

MJ- I didn't start the snowman yet because I joined a new group in Ravelry where the designer gives a free knit cupcake for the month and a free crochet square for the month as long as you finish by the end of the month. It is a bakery themed afghan. I have been working on them. The squares are c2c ones and it is a new technique for me. I really am loving it.

Good Morning everyone.

Yeah #1 I was hoping for KC to win, but the Steelers are ok.  Now if Brady and the Pats play as bad as they did Sunday in the first 1/2 Ben and the boys have a chance.

Brenda, had my cup sitting next to me, but as usual Andy only got them to the first game of the playoffs.

Now anyone looking for a graph for an afghan this person has some very fascinating ones.  Free Graph Patterns  It amazes me when I see what she has made into a graph.

I have made a couple of placemats in the c2c venue, but I have not tried an afghan.  That is my next project after the angel afghan and the tote.

Snowbear I will keep your family in my prayers.

The sun is shinning and we should be in the high 70's today.  Looking at rain on Monday and a high of 69, so, even though you can all laugh, that is cold for us.

Have a fun day and hugs all around  :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY  Tribble. 

May your day be filled with lots of Sunshine :sun 

May your have a day filled with lots of :manyheart  and :rofl

May you have the best day ever, and

May it continue thorough out the year.

:bday

Sorry your card is in the mail.

Snowbear keeping your family in my prayers.

#1 your c2c ghan sounds really neat looking forward to seeing it when you finish it.

Mary Jo at least Andy has given the fans back the hope of "maybe next year will be the year" as that hope had been lost. Guess Andy's contract is up now so we will have to see how that shakes out.

Happy Birthday Tribble. I hope your puffy made it to you last week.

Gee I thought the Snowflake thing was this week. Something must be going on with Amy.

I hope KC is smarter than Philly and bring him back.

Front, back and sides are done.  Started the handles, now to go look for the thread for the pocket.

The sun is playing hide and seek in the clouds.  Not suppose to get rain till MAYBE Monday.

Hi all. Been missing around here for a few days, so I wanted to check in. Jade has less than a month until her birthday.

Oh and the picture of my "stash" all over my living room floor, and part of its not in the picture. Needless to say I got to roll around in all of it on the floor. Only because there was too much stuff for me to get up and move around lol.

post-39682-0-84149000-1484685859_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-02631800-1484685874_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-77090700-1484685884_thumb.jpg

Hey, Update on brother in law. They figured out what was making him so bad off. He can't respond to nothing. He is on respirator. He has an infection in the spine. It is in his blood stream. It is an wait and see situation. He is on really strong antibiotic. They still need your prayers. Thanks for all your prayers.

That is really scary snowbear. I hope he comes out ok. :(

Hi all. Been missing around here for a few days, so I wanted to check in. Jade has less than a month until her birthday.

Oh and the picture of my "stash" all over my living room floor, and part of its not in the picture. Needless to say I got to roll around in all of it on the floor. Only because there was too much stuff for me to get up and move around lol.

Oh my goodness! She's gotten so big!

Just checking in for news... :-/

Hey! all ~ hoping everyone is having a great evening.  Not much going on here, just working on squares and hubby's hat (which is fighting me, tooth and toenail!!!  this is the 3rd time I've frogged it and started over!!!).

You know why yarn is funny?

Cuz it keeps you in stitches!  :rofl

(compliments of my funny hubby ~ :lol )

Update on brother in law . Tonight my brother in law opened his eyes, lifted his head twice. That was such good news. It may be a tiny move. But that is a prayer answered.  It is a slow start. He moved!

Great news Snowbear.

Carole, you DH and mine could get together and go on the road as funny guys. :rofl 

The tote is done (except for the pocket) and ready to be (UGH) stitched together.  I have to go in when the sun gets up and see what color the pocket will be.

Things are quite here. 

Up extra early this morning and still trying to get my day started.

Hugs to all.  :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived