Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snowbear.. good news!

yes, had a long day,  but got it all done, finished  2 hats and a few rows of an afghan while we traveled.

made nachos for dinner and we are now watching  some show that dh loves... like maybe lethal Weapon the TV show anyhow, I have 1 more row to finish the CAL from this week at Attic 24,  then I have 2 hats to do tomorrow... but we have another day of travel so I'll make a few squares for the memory care center and a few squares for Tribb...

You know Daphne, SOMEDAY, when Little Tribble is a big Tribble, then you will have time to make squares and send them to folks with littles LOL... its the circle of crochet life :manyheart

Good Morning. 

The ribs were great Lea and I added corn bread to the meal also.

Tribble.  I love making squares.  I don't make many, I also love giving Birthday gifts.

Still chilly here.  Off to conquer the craft room.  Got some of the boxes out.  Now on to the desk. 

Have fun today and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Well thank you, Mary Jo!

Arlene that's great news about dh.

Tribble we love having you here with us and sending out squares was never and is not required to receive squares. This cal was actually started because we had soooo many people signed up on the wishlist requesting squares for friendshipghans. Having people request them here was infinitely easier than going through all those pages on the wishlists. And no still no word from Katy.

Carole I ran out to get the mail and its warm out---no jacket necessary and really no chill at all from the wind but its going to start dropping.

I guess Lea is still on the road as it sounded like they had lots of ground to cover today.

Hope all is well with Linda as she is usually here bright and early.

bgs, I love being here, that's for certain!

snowbear.. good news!

yes, had a long day,  but got it all done, finished  2 hats and a few rows of an afghan while we traveled.

made nachos for dinner and we are now watching  some show that dh loves... like maybe lethal Weapon the TV show anyhow, I have 1 more row to finish the CAL from this week at Attic 24,  then I have 2 hats to do tomorrow... but we have another day of travel so I'll make a few squares for the memory care center and a few squares for Tribb...

You know Daphne, SOMEDAY, when Little Tribble is a big Tribble, then you will have time to make squares and send them to folks with littles LOL... its the circle of crochet life :manyheart

miniwifeof4boys, you are probably correct. Then I wont be able to stop making squares and sending them all over the place. LOL :)

Working tonight then am off the next two and work the weekend. Hope to get some things done in the next two days, lol. procrastinator that I am! Hope a bit of dusting and taking down Christmas decorations. Will miss all the beautiful things till next year.

I think I am gonna try making egg rolls for the first time sometime this week. We will see how adventurous I end up being... :)

Have a great night all.

I totally understand what you're saying, Tribble, because that seems to be me too. I'm not very good about getting on here and chatting either. Life has just been crazy and stressful, so lots of times I just read what everyone else is saying. I'm going to try being better about that, though! For now, though, I have to get to bed!

good morning all,

the sun is shining brightly,snow is just a memory now,its almost 70.

need o do up some hard boiled eggs,find out if the half bag of potatoes will be turned into a soup or something else.

enjoy the day

Afternoon everyone. I keep checking in to see if Katie's posted; I thought it was a little odd that I didn't see a post from her when I was on the other day but I didn't go back any pages so I thought that was it... After reading since then I'm worried now too. If anyone hears from her outside of the forum, you're going to run right here and let us know, right? I hope everything is ok...!

Good Afternoon.  I have been working on my afghan, so I have not really been on.  I sneaked on a couple of times to see if Katy was here.

Today the mailgirl gave me a package.  I just had to open it and I laughed, I loved it.

There is a tote with tolls on it.  They are really cute.  What made me chuckle was the KC mug.  I root for the Kansas City Chiefs, because their coach use to be the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.  We always liked him and he was a good coach.  So Brenda has been listening and she sent me a KC mug.  I now have something to put my wine in when I watch them play this Sunday.

I was surprised, as I only expected a birthday card, if that.

Thank you Brenda and I love them both.

post-105-0-45236900-1484255265_thumb.jpg You can see the full bag here and the KC loge on the computer.

post-105-0-81679000-1484255296_thumb.jpgHere is a close up of the mug.  Oh that is Andy Reed in the background.  With all respect given, he was known as fat Andy in Philly.

Big Hugs to one and all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Hello everyone.

MaryJo, that is a very cute bag and the cup looks very nice too.

Not much going on here, the usual day of work, a stop at the store and home to do some chores and now I'm relaxing and getting ready to crochet.

I really wish Katie would check in.

Have a great night.

Viking good to see you checking in again and no still no word from Katy. I checked Ravelry and my email. I mailed her a card on Mon. She really hadnt recovered from her sick spell a month or so back.

Oh good Mary Jo you overlooked that tag on the water bottle that said something about carrying it to the gym and knew exactly what it was really for.

oh,that is a cute tote,I read it as a Toll tote,and thought someone from Va.had sent it they are tolling us up the ying yang with ever increasing tolls, my favorite troll is the one that only the feet are showing,the rest is all hair

I really want to see the Troll movie, have any of you seen it yet?  Wish the grands were old enough.... might just have to be a rental movie in a couple years at MeMe's house.. I think they are sooo cute!

Now , besides Tribbles and MJ, who else has a birthday this month I need to know about...?

I really want to see the Troll movie, have any of you seen it yet?  Wish the grands were old enough.... might just have to be a rental movie in a couple years at MeMe's house.. I think they are sooo cute!

Now , besides Tribbles and MJ, who else has a birthday this month I need to know about...?

Troll release to DVD and Blueray on feb. 7th,I usually get on the library wait list,I guess we are big kids at heart,I really liked Frozen

Thanks everyone. I am working on putting al my squares together. It is turning out so pretty. Thanks for all the squares I have.  :hug  It is turning out to make a beautiful throw blanket.  :ty

I woke with a terrible migraine for 2 days now. Yep I'm sure it stress.

Daughter was in a accident Sunday and she is okay but the car is totaled. She slid on black ice going back to college. Great thing is we only had liability on the car cause the bank and insurance company screwed us over. Not going to go into that but we'll see what the adjuster tells. I'm sure we're paying for a dead horse. I have been extremely overwhelmed and not getting a whole lot done. I wonder why!!

Little man is sick and there's nothing more troublesome with a sick 2 year old. He's growing so big.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Just haven't been on the computer much and just dealing with life.

Hercule's been sick with his acid reflux and I am at my end with that. I just don't know what to with it anymore. But I just keep doing my best and that's all I can. But what do you do when you feel your best just isn't good enough anymore?

I'll check in again but not sure when. It's been hell not going to lie. But it is what it is.

I have had a New Year full of unwanted drama.

I am hoping to get on more often but like Tribble and Howieann, there just aren't enough hours in a day.

What with everything, our network crumbled down. Verizon says the router is broke but how can that be when the lights are all green? Anyway, now with a new router, some of our devices can't communicate with it so even having internet, we can't connect. Tax time is coming and we can't access some of our files- yikes. Son does all our networking but he has his own issues so looks like it won't get solved for a long time.

So sorry to hear about all the troubles everyone is having.

owlvamp sorry to hear about the accident, so glad you daughter is ok.  There is something going around and from what I hear from family and friends, it is a wicked virus or flu. 

This sounds silly, but try and find a nice dark cool room to sit in and for about 1/2 an hour just sit and relax.  It sometimes helps with the migraines.

#1crochetfan, so sorry about the internet problem.  I love it when Verizon blames it on your box and not their service.  I hope you get it fixed soon.

owlvamp, just sent a pm to you.

Well, off to work on my afghan and some squares.

Have a good day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Lea and Linda I am wondering about the Troll movie too. I got one as a kid and loved braiding its hair. I know I still have it but its red hair patch came off and is long gone. I also like the Smurfs. Most all the movies I watch are Disney. I love Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast etc.

Sandra sorry about the car but very thankful your daughter is ok.

#1 glad you checked in. Your internet problems sound very frustrating.

Arlene cant wait to see your finished afghan.

Ran some errands this morning. Now we are prepping to hunker down for the weekend waiting to see how bad the ice storm turns out to be. Mary Jo it could be incredibly dangerous for people to be on the streets to even get to the game on Sun but afternoon its supposed to be rain. The field is heated so it will just be wet and not ice for the game.

Thanks everyone. I am working on putting al my squares together. It is turning out so pretty. Thanks for all the squares I have.  :hug  It is turning out to make a beautiful throw blanket.  :ty

I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.

I woke with a terrible migraine for 2 days now. Yep I'm sure it stress.

Daughter was in a accident Sunday and she is okay but the car is totaled. She slid on black ice going back to college. Great thing is we only had liability on the car cause the bank and insurance company screwed us over. Not going to go into that but we'll see what the adjuster tells. I'm sure we're paying for a dead horse. I have been extremely overwhelmed and not getting a whole lot done. I wonder why!!

Little man is sick and there's nothing more troublesome with a sick 2 year old. He's growing so big.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Just haven't been on the computer much and just dealing with life.

Hercule's been sick with his acid reflux and I am at my end with that. I just don't know what to with it anymore. But I just keep doing my best and that's all I can. But what do you do when you feel your best just isn't good enough anymore?

I'll check in again but not sure when. It's been hell not going to lie. But it is what it is.

Sorry about the accident but I'm glad your daughter is ok. I hope your headache is gone.

I have had a New Year full of unwanted drama.

I am hoping to get on more often but like Tribble and Howieann, there just aren't enough hours in a day.

What with everything, our network crumbled down. Verizon says the router is broke but how can that be when the lights are all green? Anyway, now with a new router, some of our devices can't communicate with it so even having internet, we can't connect. Tax time is coming and we can't access some of our files- yikes. Son does all our networking but he has his own issues so looks like it won't get solved for a long time.

I hope you get everything working again soon.

Today was a teacher planning day and I had training for a new curriculum. Then I picked up my granddaughter. We played for a little while and now she is napping. I have a long weekend due to Martin Luther King Day on Monday :yay . My kids are coming here tomorrow to help me go buy a new sofa and carry the old sofa out to the curb for bulk pick up on Wed. Guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Archived