Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Troll release to DVD and Blueray on feb. 7th,I usually get on the library wait list,I guess we are big kids at heart,I really liked Frozen

We will def wait for it to come out and then maybe do a free rental from redbox... we are cheap like that!

Thanks everyone. I am working on putting al my squares together. It is turning out so pretty. Thanks for all the squares I have.  :hug  It is turning out to make a beautiful throw blanket.  :ty

Hey Snowbear, I am more then happy to send you squares if you let me know size, color, and PM me your address~!

I woke with a terrible migraine for 2 days now. Yep I'm sure it stress.

Daughter was in a accident Sunday and she is okay but the car is totaled. She slid on black ice going back to college. Great thing is we only had liability on the car cause the bank and insurance company screwed us over. Not going to go into that but we'll see what the adjuster tells. I'm sure we're paying for a dead horse. I have been extremely overwhelmed and not getting a whole lot done. I wonder why!!

Little man is sick and there's nothing more troublesome with a sick 2 year old. He's growing so big.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Just haven't been on the computer much and just dealing with life.

Hercule's been sick with his acid reflux and I am at my end with that. I just don't know what to with it anymore. But I just keep doing my best and that's all I can. But what do you do when you feel your best just isn't good enough anymore?

I'll check in again but not sure when. It's been hell not going to lie. But it is what it is.

So sorry Sandra,,, very glad you dd is okay, and so sorry for little man being sick..

We were traveling today and a wreck happened maybe a 1/4 mile ahead of us, we ended up sitting for an hour and a hlaf. 2 life flight helicopters landed on the interstate  which was traumatic. I just kept praying for the folks that were life flighted. a mini van collided with a tractor trailer on I 85 ...

and if that wasn't bad enough, Cris accidently left his light son when he shut the car off.. and you guessed it, when cars started to move our car didn't budge.  We couldn't even move it to the side because the whole system locked!  some fella behind us pulled up and gave us a jump ( we had the cables)... but it just made me a bit disgruntled all day... relaxing in my chair and sipping  a glass of wine.. getting ready to crochet some more

Brenda, I am thinking 6 inch sq. any color for the Memory care folks..

We had a late lunch today as we did not finish our route until 2:30 and then had a three hour drive home....thinking about making popcorn for dinner...

Some good news, MIL's 6mth mammogram came back clear!! She has some tendon damage where they took out the lymph ndes and needs PT for that... but far better then the breast cancer!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.  I head about the change of the game time.  How bad is this storm going to be?  Are you all ready for it?  Silly me, of course you all are ready.  Just be careful and make sure you have enough yarn in to keep you busy.

Lea, good to hear about your MIL's mamo. 

Today I am working on squares, as I have quite a few to make and I need to put the afghan aside.  I was making to many mistakes yesterday.

Snowbird hugs and prayers for you family.

Well, off to the store and to see what everyone is doing out in the world.

Have a great day and hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Lea days like that really make you appreciate your chair. Great news about your mom.

Arlene prayers for your brother in law.

Yesterday southern MO and St Louis area had freezing rain so that may have affected KatieBug and ImmmaFreek. I heard there were power outages. We had a light glaze last night. Roads that were pretreated are okay (and they have been aggressively pretreating major roads) other wise they are sheets of ice along with sidewalks and parking lots. The bigger storm is due in tonight thru early Sun and then turn over to rain as it warms up all through the day on Sun. Temps are hovering so close to freezing that a degree or two will be the difference between major tree damage with power outages to just having some slick spots. Its suposed to be 54 on Mon.

Good Morning.  I head about the change of the game time.  How bad is this storm going to be?  Are you all ready for it?  Silly me, of course you all are ready.  Just be careful and make sure you have enough yarn in to keep you busy.

Lea, good to hear about your MIL's mamo. 

Today I am working on squares, as I have quite a few to make and I need to put the afghan aside.  I was making to many mistakes yesterday.

Snowbird hugs and prayers for you family.

Well, off to the store and to see what everyone is doing out in the world.

Have a great day and hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

It is one icy day around here!  Glad we don't have to get out in it, too.  Got our store supplies bought the other day before it all started, so we're good.  I'm planning on spending the day crocheting ~ :hook   I woke up with my left hand hurting like the dickens, but that's arthir's way of letting me know he's still around, aggrevatin'! LoL  Thankful, if it happens, that next week is suppose to get up into the 60's temps??  This weather is unbelievable, that's for sure.

Hope my other Missouri friends are doing good with this ice, too, and staying safe.  And all you others who are getting the white fluffy stuff ~ :wlol   I'd rather be getting snowed on right now!  Just stay safe and warm, please!

Snowbear.. prayers...

Our weather has been NUTS   in one week it went form 0 to 77 degrees....!!

Got out a bit this a.m. to deliver a hat, then came back did the usual... changed the sheets, laundry, dishes, organized the bins for Chris to take to the shed,

plan on finishing  up a baby wrap today

I heard on the sports radio yesterday ( we listened in the car) that they moved the Chiefs game because of the fans.. tailgating + bad roads + disaster !

Just a few little things to finish up before my chair and I have a date until bed time :lol

Yeah, they are suppose to have very bad weather.  They don't want the fans to get hurt.

Well, I hate to say it, but we got back up to 80 today.

We went to the grocery store, picked up some fried Chicken and had a brunch when we came home.

I have been making some granny squares today.  Just did not feel like working on the afghan.

We are at 1/2 time  on the first game today, so lots of time to check out the Ville.

Hope you all are having a good evening.

Everyone my Sister's hubby needs prayer. He fell and hit his head. Now he can't remember who he is or anybody else. So, please pray for them. Appreciate you all.

Prayers are being said.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

It's been a busy day. I left here about 8 am, picked up an anniversary card and restaurant gift card for my youngest daughter and her husband. Then I filled the gas tank and stop at Hobby Lobby before meeting everyone at IKEA to get my new sofa.  We came home the guys unloaded the sofa and started assembling it. We took a break and went to Mission BBQ for lunch. My youngest daughter and her husband had other plans for the afternoon so they left after lunch and the rest of us came back to my house. My oldest daughter and her husband finished putting the sofa together. It was a great day but I am very tired and I didn't do any of the work :think. So I think it's time for some crocheting. Have a great night everyone.​

I've started joining up squares in my rainbow blanket! And I received my first squares for the Christmas blanket the girls and I want to make from bgs. Thank you, Brenda! I'm sorry about the picture... we have lousy lighting in our living room!

post-69476-0-84251600-1484437722_thumb.jpg

Hey all and good evening! 

Snowbear, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Still no word from Katy huh?  :(  Getting more worried by the day...

I haven't gotten much done with my loomghan, but I did finally figure out how to filet crochet...I made a couple doilies from a pattern, one of which I had modified. I didn't like the origional too much, but DH did, so I handed it to him and told him to have fun with it. He folded it up and put it in his pocket  :lol  I gave the modified version of it to my mom, she likes it! I have pics, I'll try to post them later.

Well, back off I go. Baby sitting for a few more hours tonight, then I think it's gonna be right back to bed for me. I don't think I'm sleeping enough of something...can't seem to get enough sleep, so it seems like it's all I am doing? 

:hug s all and I shall see you soon!

cshort sounds like you had a busy day. An IKEA opened in the KC area about 3 years ago and its on my to visit list but I have yet to make it.

Howieann you're welcome. Looking forward to seeing your rainbow blanket.

Lea those fans paid big money to go to that game (and a lot to park there) and roads will be hazardous in the morning. Its going to warm up enough as the day goes on so the roads should be much better. So far it looks like there will not be so much ice as to cause major power outages. That is the big relief as thats been a major worry since they starting predicting this a week ago.

Just a quick checkin...

So worried about katy. Owlvamp - glad daughter is okay.

Finally got the Christmas decorations down, now to get them to the basement. Did a bit of dusting - I hate to dust don't do it often. It was terrible! LOL Our water heater has a leak so going to have to replace that. Been saving up for a 2nd vehicle and that's going to eat into that fund a bit... I think Mr Tribble is having gallbladder problems. He can't seem to get the doctor he goes to to order any tests... Craziness! I don't have a gallbladder, mine was removed in 1997. Some of his symptoms are similar.

Going to get Little Tribbles kitten neutered on the 24th. I know he's going to be worried sick about him. But it will be good to get it done and over with.

Didn't get much crocheting completed the last two days. Every time I sit down and get it out I fall asleep. Don't know what that's about!

Have a great night all...

good morning

its grey out,no rain yet.I have the usual Sunday things to get done.

Wow heard this morning,the circus is coming to an end.The first time I went to one,I was already an adult.For some reason the whole circus experience scared our daughter.

everyone take care,and hopefully Katy comes back today

Good Morning.  Slept in this morning.  Had trouble sleeping last night.  The knees tend to act up if I have a little to much sugar.  You would think by now I would learn, but who doesn't like a fresh donut or a nice piece of cake with coffee or tea.

Going back to the afghan today. 

Got my mug ready for the game Brenda.  Oh even if I saw that tag, my gym work is going from my corner to the kitchen to make meals. :rofl 

Have a fun day and lots of hugs all around. :hug  :ghug 

Woke this morning to a thin coat of ice covering everything but it is melting on schedule. Supposed to rain later.

Mary Jo I like your version of the gym.

Linda every day I keep saying maybe today's the day Katy will be back.

MJ, Chris is calling the game 34-31 Kansas... we'll see he's been good on the last two games....

I slept late too, not because I intended to.  Last night I took half of one of Chris's muscle relaxers because my shoulder was giving me a fit ( I was lifting Christmas totes and think I pulled something, anyhow... the next thing you know its 10:00 this morning.  Chris said one minute I was sitting in my chair, and the next I wasn't and he went in to the bedroom and I was sawing logs!!  at least the shoulder doesn't hurt :lol ...

Got a pot of bean soup going... probably going to cross stitch some to give the shoulder a break...

I sent katy a note...miss her!

I really wish Katie would check in.

Not much going on here. I went to church this morning and I'm spending the rest of the day doing some laundry and crocheting.

Have a great day!

Well I am just have sitting here crocheting.  Watching TV.  Going to have good old chicken for supper tonight.  No one still hasn't heard from Katy? I haven't either. I am really worried about her. I have sent several message to her. No reply, yet. It has been warm here. Up in the 60's. Believe that. In Jan. We suppose to all ready had snow by now. And usually real cold weather.

Do you all think maybe Katy's PC may have broke or something like that. I just hope she is OK. :ghug  

MJ, Chris is calling the game 34-31 Kansas... we'll see he's been good on the last two games....

Hey Lea that  is a little to close for comfort, but I like the idea of KC winning.  Right now we are yelling at the TV watching the Dallas/Green bay game.  Rooting for Green Bay of Course.

I had to put my crocheting down, I was messing up to much.  I could not even do granny squares. 

Tonight was ham steak, mac and cheese, steamed broccoli and a garlic roll. 

It is amazing how quite this thread is without Katy.  I e-mailed her, I may just send out a card tomorrow.

We are back up being warm well into the 80's anyway.

How are you all doing in the storm area?

Well, I guess I will leave you all and see you in the morning.

I slept late too, not because I intended to.  Last night I took half of one of Chris's muscle relaxers because my shoulder was giving me a fit ( I was lifting Christmas totes and think I pulled something, anyhow... the next thing you know its 10:00 this morning.  Chris said one minute I was sitting in my chair, and the next I wasn't and he went in to the bedroom and I was sawing logs!!  at least the shoulder doesn't hurt :lol ...

Got a pot of bean soup going... probably going to cross stitch some to give the shoulder a break...

I sent katy a note...miss her!

I havn't done cross stitch forever. Thinking about doing some again. Maybe. I was working on a project that ruined me, lol. Never did finish it that was around 13 years ago or so. Sounds like fun again.

Hey Lea that  is a little to close for comfort, but I like the idea of KC winning.  Right now we are yelling at the TV watching the Dallas/Green bay game.  Rooting for Green Bay of Course.

I had to put my crocheting down, I was messing up to much.  I could not even do granny squares. 

Tonight was ham steak, mac and cheese, steamed broccoli and a garlic roll. 

It is amazing how quite this thread is without Katy.  I e-mailed her, I may just send out a card tomorrow.

We are back up being warm well into the 80's anyway.

How are you all doing in the storm area?

Well, I guess I will leave you all and see you in the morning.

It is very quiet without katy. Its not been horribly cold here above freezing so a muddy mess. Yuck. I hate MUD! If we ever get to move, I told my husband that the house we buy MUST must must have a mud room for those damn dogs to get all the mud off their feet before they are allowed on the inside and a craft room. Other than that, I don't care.

Went and bought a water heater today! Our water heater was 24 years old. Those dang things are a pain to move. Big. Also got faucets for the kitchen sink, and tomorrow going to go get a ceiling fan for the living room. Ours quit working a couple days ago. What do they say? When it rains it pours.

Have a great night all...

Archived