Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good to see you VikingRunnerGirl,also Jessacali

well I'm hoping( ha-ha ) katy will say she is older than me by two months,otherwise I'm the eldest at 68 in May

do you know  I still have to show ID to get senior discount,my signature photo was taken in '81 and I  don't color my hair,its the same color

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning. 

Linda I sure wish I did not have to, but it goes with the territory.  Like blue eyes, the family was all grey and I am the last to give in.

Feels so good this morning, the humidity is gone for a while.

Hi VikingRunningGirl.  It is always good to see friends pop in.

Doing the wash, then working on my afghan and I may stop to make some squares.

So hugs all around and hope we are all feeling better today.

Good Morning!

Oh, she is sooooo beautiful!!!!

I plan to do my best to visit much more often this year!

Oh boy, you guys are worrying about your birthdays and you're all a bunch of young'uns!  I'm going to turn 60 in March!  Yikes, were did the years go?

Oh, did I tell you?  I  got to visit my best friend just before Christmas and she had a huge stash of yarn and books from a wonderful lady that she used to care for.  Since she doesn't crochet/knit she gave it all to me!  Wow!  I've been having a blast going thru it all. :manyheart   

Toddles for now.  I'll be back again soon.  That's a promise!   :hug

Yay for lots of yarn and new books, I'm sure you're putting them to good use.

Linda, feel better.... we will either get rain or 10 inches of snow... hope you are spared up there

MJ, we have new insurance this year too, I am like you... I casually moved that over to chris's  list of to dos

Ann, I turn 59 this year.... right behind you.... My New Years resolution this year is to let my hair go natural....bold move on my part....but it has gotten to the point where I have to color every 2 weeks... so...

I'm going for it!!

That weather doesn't sound very nice, be careful.

Well Lea I turned 60 last June but so far the stray gray hairs just blend in with my dark dishwater blonde or lightish brown hair.

Its going to start snowing here soon but its not supposed to be any more than a couple of inches. Its going to be really cold again but warm up next week.

Stay warm and be careful in that snow.

Everyone, I didn't have time to ask you ahead of time. But my husband had surgery on back of his neck yesterday. They DRS had to remove some his bones in his neck. They were bruised. And causing him to be dizzy and have swelling around his spine.  We are at home. And Thank the Lord. He made it through his surgery. With no problems. He needs your prayers. He will have to get a lot of rest.  He is not eating nothing right,now. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be eating some soup or broth. Clear liquids. He is drinking plenty of water. It is so hard on him. He isn't resting to good. Every little noise he hears wake him. And we have a noisy neighborhood.  So, please pray for him to get rest and get well. I would appreciate very much. Thank you all.

Prayers for you and your husband.

Long time no see, everyone! ^_^ Don't have much time to sit and type anymore, and so reading falls behind as well.... Gosh it's good to see everybody's posts though; doesn't even feel like I've been away that long seeing them....

I wanted to jump on and say belated happy holidays and happy new year, and to give a big thank you to Brenda for the lovely ornament! I was truly touched that you thought of me; thank you so much.  :hug We had a huge tree this year (seriously, eight feet wide - I measured - it was great! The dog couldn't fit behind it to chase the cat!  :lol ) and the star fit in with the rest of the ornaments just beautifully. Sorry it took so long to get on and say thank you; I kept thinking of it but only when I was away from my computer!

Hope everybody had the best holiday possible. We had to leave Santa a note that his cookies and milk were in the microwave to keep them safe from the pets, and Little Viking instructed me to add a post script that he wanted a trampoline for Christmas, and Santa came through! Family over for dinner and at the end of the day it was declared "the best Christmas ever!"

(We play PokeGo too, owl - we've been loving all the extra starter spawns for New Year's! We don't usually get a whole lot that's interesting in our area.)

It's great to hear from you, sounds like your holidays were great.

Well I'm 53 and stopped coloring my hair several years ago. A couple years ago I heard someone describe her gray hair as a testimony of her blessings because God has allowed her to live long enough to have gray hair, I really like that. I always claimed that I earned everyone of those gray hairs and I'm displaying them proudly.

I have a friend and her 2 little girls coming to visit this morning. Then I need to go to Walmart and then to my youngest daughter's house for the night. Tomorrow is a baby day.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello everyone!!

Just been fighting a dang migraine for days and still not feeling the best today.

But made myself get up and plug along anyways.

Took down the stocking's and the Christmas tree. Vacuumed up the den and broke a light bulb. I can't stand that cause they shatter so much. So I vacuumed extra good 3 times now and sure I'll vacuum again before allowing the pups run threw there. I wouldn't want to leave not even a sliver behind. I already walked there in my bare feet and nothing. So I'll vacuum until I feel better about it. I'm sure I'm going over board but I'm very cautious about the paws.

Hope everyone is doing great and will check in later.

went to the store early,no lines,that might change soon,they are saying possible 14 inches of the white stuff,its almost twenty yrs since we seen that amount,it was 12 inches and the area shut down for days

Everyone, I didn't have time to ask you ahead of time. But my husband had surgery on back of his neck yesterday. They DRS had to remove some his bones in his neck. They were bruised. And causing him to be dizzy and have swelling around his spine.  We are at home. And Thank the Lord. He made it through his surgery. With no problems. He needs your prayers. He will have to get a lot of rest.  He is not eating nothing right,now. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be eating some soup or broth. Clear liquids. He is drinking plenty of water. It is so hard on him. He isn't resting to good. Every little noise he hears wake him. And we have a noisy neighborhood.  So, please pray for him to get rest and get well. I would appreciate very much. Thank you all.

:ghug  :hug

Long time no see, everyone! ^_^ Don't have much time to sit and type anymore, and so reading falls behind as well.... Gosh it's good to see everybody's posts though; doesn't even feel like I've been away that long seeing them....

I wanted to jump on and say belated happy holidays and happy new year, and to give a big thank you to Brenda for the lovely ornament! I was truly touched that you thought of me; thank you so much.  :hug We had a huge tree this year (seriously, eight feet wide - I measured - it was great! The dog couldn't fit behind it to chase the cat!  :lol ) and the star fit in with the rest of the ornaments just beautifully. Sorry it took so long to get on and say thank you; I kept thinking of it but only when I was away from my computer!

Hope everybody had the best holiday possible. We had to leave Santa a note that his cookies and milk were in the microwave to keep them safe from the pets, and Little Viking instructed me to add a post script that he wanted a trampoline for Christmas, and Santa came through! Family over for dinner and at the end of the day it was declared "the best Christmas ever!"

(We play PokeGo too, owl - we've been loving all the extra starter spawns for New Year's! We don't usually get a whole lot that's interesting in our area.)

Glad you checked in! Glad Little Viking got his trampoline. Little Tribble didn't get a real gold bar and real ruby, but did get a replica gold bar and large red crystal. He was happy with them... packs them about everywhere!

Hello everyone!!

Just been fighting a dang migraine for days and still not feeling the best today.

But made myself get up and plug along anyways.

Took down the stocking's and the Christmas tree. Vacuumed up the den and broke a light bulb. I can't stand that cause they shatter so much. So I vacuumed extra good 3 times now and sure I'll vacuum again before allowing the pups run threw there. I wouldn't want to leave not even a sliver behind. I already walked there in my bare feet and nothing. So I'll vacuum until I feel better about it. I'm sure I'm going over board but I'm very cautious about the paws.

Hope everyone is doing great and will check in later.

Hope your migraine clears up! I too hate when I break glass, always afraid the pups or Little Tribble is gonna step on a sliver.

went to the store early,no lines,that might change soon,they are saying possible 14 inches of the white stuff,its almost twenty yrs since we seen that amount,it was 12 inches and the area shut down for days

I like either going to the store in the middle of the night (walmart is good for this) or first thing after work in the morning. Usually not many people there. If I wait until 9 when little Tribble goes to school, place is a madhouse!

We've gotten a bit of snow here today. School was cancelled today before the snow even started! 2 hour delay so far for tomorrow. I think if it's going to snow it might as well really snow! And if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow. LOL

Al right, have a great night all. Hope to get Mr Tribble's blanket finished up in the next couple of days. On the border now.

Snowbear.... prayers for sure..

LOL MJ...... he is the WORSE about that stuff... they weren't even his boots!!!! They were his knock around shoes.... I kept picturing him like a cartoon standing straight up swaying back and forth cause his shoes were stuck.... but you know he waited til the cement dried on them and brushed them down and wore them today, even though he has two pairs of comfortable shoes and a pair of sneakers....   when I asked where his muck boots were he said he forgot about them.... that man and his shoes!

We traveled a couple hours east to have dinner with the youngest and his wife.. got a few squares done.. pulled out the heater, camp stove and lanterns if we lose power tomorrow..

Hi all and Happy 2017!!!

I've been wanting to get on the last few days, but I sadly haven't had the chance  :cry

I will get back online very soon tho and catch up with what everyone is doing! I hope everyone is doing well, or at least better!  :hug s all!

What's going on with katy? I must of missed something. I hope she is doing well.

Yeah we have enjoyed all the extra's in Pokemon to. It sure does get you up and walking. I need to walk more though. It' been cold so I haven't been going out much.

Good Morning.

Owlvamp, I hope you're feeling better.

Everyone who is getting all that snow please stay warm and safe.

I miss Kate too, I hope she is ok.

Not much going on here. I have my grandbaby for the day so it will be a fun day.

Have a great day.

cshort

are you on an extended school break?

Good morning all

Owlvamp,I think on the 2nd of January she said she was feeling puny,she's been off line since the 3rd,which is not like her,unless she is having problems logging on again

Snowbear prayers for you and your dh.

Linda I checked the Ravelry thread for Katy when I noticed she hadnt been here for a couple of days. I need to bring the computer up to check to see if there is an email but she usually emails Sandra also. I hope she is just busy but am afraid she isnt feeling well.

Lea so your dh was walking in fresh concrete? There must be a good story there.

Yes, miss Katy

Brenda, yes... we did a you tube video of dh finishing concrete for the shed in his regular shoes!!!

Things like this have ceased to surprise me over the last 30 years...... I believe it started when he used the roasting pan to change the oil in his truck when we were first married LOL

Sandra, hope you bought bread and milk! Looks like we are in for it!

Linda I checked Ravelry and my email today and nothing from Katy.

Lea so did you get a new roasting pan and let him keep that one? When we were married his hand washing consisted of wetting hands wiping all the dirt off on my towels.

Well, apparently there is some stuff I've missed...Including Miss Katy and Owlvamp being sick and Snowbear needing prayers. Which I shall get on!

I checked the length of the loom 'ghan I'm making...It's almost as long as I am tall, and somewhere around not quite twice as wide as me. It wont be wide enough for my bed, so I'm going to crochet around it a few times (or a few dozen, depending) until it's close. I'll post a pic for you all before I start the edging  :D The enges are rolled pretty good on it, but it's taken over 2 years to get it this far, so OK  :lol

Well, I'm back off for now. I will hope that everyone is feeling better soon  :hug  all!

good morning

blizzard??? pffft,woke up and looked out the window,maybe 1/2 inch on the ground,maybe it will pick and snow harder later.

I guess it was slow starting,but now we are getting some serious snow,newspaper delivery bailed on us,he is going up to the corner to Walgreen's to get a newspaper

Good Morning,

Linda, we always have 2 weeks off for winter break. We usually have some time before and after Christmas but the way the holidays fell this year we ended up with all our time after Christmas, I prefer some time off before Christmas. I go back to work on Monday.

I hope Katie checks in soon.

Today's plans are laundry and hopefully finishing an Elsa costume.

Have a great day everyone.

Linda yesterday the weatherman said blizzard your way and we just cringed. Dh was in your area back in the 70's and remembers what effect a small amount of snow had on the area let alone the 14 inches you said they were predicting.

Lea has it stopped or are you going to get more? Mary Jo will appreciate your snow picture. It is pretty if you dont have to be out in it shoveling,driving, if you dont lose electricity and if it melts the next day. I didnt mind it so much when I was younger but I hit my lifetime quota of it when we had record snow falls a few years ago.

We can always hope Katy's not been on because there is something wrong with her internet service, router, phone line, etc. I have had problems like that in the past that kept me offline for a week or two.

Archived