Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I love the picture Lea.  Brenda is right, I love seeing the snow.  I talked to my sister, who is in South Jersey across the river from Philly, and she said they were not getting anything, or very little.  The shore is suppose to get up to 6 or more.  Who knows if it jiggies one way or the other anything could happen.

Tampa Guy says he sympathies with you all.  He is sitting in his recliner with a snowflake afghan on and it is 72 degrees in the house.  He is ready to put on another afghan.  The poor baby is cold.

Hey Brenda, they are showing Kansas City getting hit hard.  Are you in this mess? 

Yeah it is nice not to have to shovel, drive or worry about it.

I do hope Katy pops in soon.

Well, off to watch the playoffs.  Check in later.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo its just frickin cold here. We got maybe a couple of inches of snow on Thurs. Then the temps plummeted--- below 0 a couple of nights, high yesterday was 9, but supposed to get up into 50's on Tues then we drop again. Our road and side streets are snow packed but main roads are fine. Poor Tampa Guy! My thermostat is set at 68 and I debated on 65 but thought it might be too cold for dh (he would prefer 90) We arent too sure how this new digital thermostat compares with how we used to set the old mercury one. When its this cold dh builds a fire in the woodstove. He used to get it so hot on me I would open the front door to cool down. This is the guy sitting around a bonfire feeling nice and comfortable til the neighbor told him his shoes were on fire--yep his rubber shoe soles were glowing red.

Sandra I just went and checked and it lists Katy as last active today at 410pm so she must have made it on and not posted. I have been checking Ravelry and my email to see if she was blocked from here.

Lea how much snow did you get and our 22 degrees felt pretty good today compared to the high of 9 yesterday.

12 inches, getting down to a temp of three tomorrow... unheard of here in this part fo NC!

Evening all, didn't do too much today. Migraine kinda prevented anything from getting done, including dinner. We had left over Chinese food  :lol  

Hope Katy checks in soon, like all of you, I'm worried too...

Love the snow pic. We got some the other night, but not much. It's been more cold than anything. I think it was about 1 inch we got with temps past freezing and wind chill below 0. Right now it's a while 16 degrees  :lol

Well, off  go  :hug s all!

we got 4 - 6 inches,Williamsburg got 11 inches,didn't lose power,some areas in Norfolk did.

see the last measureable  like this one,was 1996,we can got many years with no snow,some years not even a flurry.That its not cost efffective to have snow removal equipment,that just sits there,I know I must seem like an oddball talking about snow,with glee but have always loved the stuff

Hey everyone, My husband has come thru his surgery real good. Thanks you all for your prayers. He is recovering real well. He goes This Wed. to get staples out of the back of his neck.  :ghug

Good Morning everyone.  We were 39 :wbrr this morning when I got up.  Sorry, but that is cold for us.

The only thing the news is talking about is the College Football game tomorrow and if it is going to warm up.  It is Alabama and Crimson? Not sure if the spelling is right for the last college.  Hey it is football, it is suppose to be played in the cold and snow and rain or whatever.

Putting away the Christmas decorations.  Wish I had a magic wand. 

Have a fun day.  Hugs :hug and good wishes to all.

Good Morning

its in the 20's,yesterday was a wasted day,caught whatever ick is in the air,constant sneezing,coughing and drippy nose,and couldn't get warm,no matter how many layers I put on,this too shall pass

have a good day everyone

Fell better Linda,   at least its not the other ick.... my son messaged me this morning and  said " proud dad moment  when you are wearing throw up from both your kids at 2:00 in the morning"... :(

MJ,  39 IS cold... and I am so glad this game is the one talked about.... should pull for Clemson but probably go for AL since I am still rather upset about the whole " goosing" incident to the Ohio State player....  :P 

Christmas decos are half down here , snowmen are staying up until Feb, but I can not decide what to put on the shelf to deco for Feb....

Hey all. Just a quick drop in before I finally get around to starting my Sunday. Coffee, morning meds, and then laundry are very close to happening, even tho it's 12:30  :D  I need a pick me up, otherwise, I may never wake up today

Whatever icks are going around have been hitting me hard this year. The kids, not as bad...Jazz had been sick not that long ago, but it went away after a few days. And Bobby had a cold. HD, I think he's had a stuffy nose and that's it....Me, on the other hand. I'm not even going to start that list. It'd take me all afternoon to type! I need a germ-free bubble to live in! My neighbor makes the joke that any germ stops by my house and targets me specifically to get sick and leaves everyone else alone  :lol  So, yeah...

Anywho, I'm going to get going and maybe do some laundry, seeing as how that's the one thing that never stops piling up no matter how much of it I wash. It's like the gremlins bounce back and forth between taking our lids and turning them into socks, taking out other socks and turning them into lidless bowls, and making more laundry for me to wash by adding their laundry to mine  :rofl  No, I've never thought about it!

But yeah, I shall see you all later. Going to try making a dent in that pile  :lol   :hug s all! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Mary Jo that does seem awfully cold for down your way. Seems like that would be hard on some of the landscape plants--- down there they are bushes in the yard while here they are scrawny potted plants that have to come in for the winter.

I really hate putting away my Christmas stuff but its time. I have to catch some better weather to bring boxes down since we have to access attic from outside.

The weather has been hard on cars. Nieces car wouldnt start yesterday and needed a new battery. This morning our suv says service engine soon and is smoking out the tail pipe. It was in for oil change and other maintenance just before Christmas

Durn those Gremlins!!!! Katie Bug LOL.....

Did I ever thank you for my squares?  Every time I move them... ( because they are much easier to move when I clena then actually put them where they belong), I keep asking myself if I thanked you... but thank you... going to use them int he ghans for the Memory Care unit

dh is cooking dinner.... church roast and french fries with gravy what do you canucks call that .. not a pontoon, thats a boat... not a pantaloon .... I think that is underwear...  something with a p..  you know.. fries and gravy... :think

Hello.

Snowbear, I'm glad the surgery went well.

Lea, I think it's called poutine.

I finished the Elsa costume yesterday and finished stitching squares together for a lapghan. Today it was out in the cold (I think the temp was around 50) for church. Then I came home and did some cleaning up and reorganizing in the my sewing room. I finished sewing 5 wheelchair bags that were UFOs from a few months ago. Tomorrow it's back to the real world of work, then a dentist appointment for a cleaning.

I'm really getting worried about Katie, she has never been out of contact this long before.

I hope you all have a good night and stay warm.

Evening all! Boy, I definitly made a dent in my laundry today, several loads of jeans, now towels...I'll be at the bedding for about a week tho  :lol  

Really worried about Katy too...I'm usually the one in and out on the forum, and this isn't like her. Hope she's OK...

Well, I'm off for the night. Going to loom in between loads of laundry until I'm tired enough to sleep.

Have a great night all and try to stay warm!  :hug s

Durn those Gremlins!!!! Katie Bug LOL.....

Did I ever thank you for my squares?  Every time I move them... ( because they are much easier to move when I clena then actually put them where they belong), I keep asking myself if I thanked you... but thank you... going to use them int he ghans for the Memory Care unit

dh is cooking dinner.... church roast and french fries with gravy what do you canucks call that .. not a pontoon, thats a boat... not a pantaloon .... I think that is underwear...  something with a p..  you know.. fries and gravy... :think

the only thing I found with a P,was Canadian Prairie Pot Roast

Archived