Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

now that my blood pressure has gone down and my heart. murmur is not mur muring. i. shall be back a little later on. I have earned a cold diet coke!! lol

I remember the confusion when i fist got the ipad too alinda lol not only a different device i had to deal with but a different operating system too. without you guys helping me through i would not have made it.

Now its like as comfortable as one of my old red plaid slippers lol. the other computer the dsk top now feels and seems foreign!!! you too will wonder why you worried about learning about it. lol

I e almost got enoughput aside for another dryer and have decided i just want a normal one lol it doesnt need to start the furnace, nor play candy crush whlie it drys lol it just needs to. dry my clothes!! lol

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all and good afternoon. Got back from doing some running a little while ago and just now really having a chance to sit down and type. 

All I have to say is this: If I had known Walmart wasn't going to have the packs of diapers I usually get for Miss I-Don't-Wanna-Pottytrain, I would have just gotten them at Costco while I was there getting some other stuff...

Well, fixing to make dinner after a few more sitting minutes  :lol  Hope you all have a great evening!  :hug

Good Morning.

I slept in until 7:30 this morning, must have been all the walking and cold air yesterday. The grandkids are building their new lego sets that they bought at the lego store yesterday and I am enjoying my coffee. We had a good time at Disney Springs yesterday and even got to see the new drone show just before we left. We ate at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming and the food was delicious. We had cupcakes from Sprinkles for dessert and brought home some delicious chocolates from The Ganachery, I guess we really like to eat. I don't think we have any plans for today so I will probably play with the kids and maybe do some crocheting. We plan to live stream the Disney fireworks at midnight to ring in the new year.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning

stayed up too late,paying for it this morning,with a stiff neck

not much going on,laundry thanks to feeding tube failure,grrrrrrrr

if you are headed out tonight to celebrate,be safe and we'll see you next year.

have a wonderful day

Hey all and good evening! I hope you are all having a great New Year's Eve!

Be safe with whatever you are all doing tonight! 

:hug s and I'll see you all in the New Year!

Well, I am getting ready to ride the elevator here at the Waldorf down to join the celebration at time square.... the champagne is flowing freely....

OR I am sitting in my jammies crocheting and sipping a warm bailey's irish cream and godiva chocolate liquor  

you choose... either way I am having a great time..LOL

Thank you all for being part of my 2016...

Well we did it backwards. We bought shrimp (spiced) for lunch at my sisters house. We had baked fries green beans and dinner rolls with it. We purposely got enough to have it hot for lunch and have it cold on salad for supper. Now I am home in my recliner watching one of the dvds I got for Christmas.

Happy New Year everyone.  After staying up late last night watching the melt down of Mariah Carey's meltdown, I was still up at 7.

Here is hoping we all have a better New Year without the sickness and crazy weather.

I am getting ready to make the coffee and get out of my warm Grumpy pj's.  They are pj's with Grumpy all over them.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Happy New Year! My stuffed shells were a hit and I went to bed around 2 am but missed the hoopla over Mariah Carey's lip synch misshap-haha. I watched a little of Groundhog Day and finished picking up and went to bed. Boy am I tired today but it is a nice and sunny but cold day here. Happy New Year to all!:)

Happy New Year's!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

We did watch the ball drop on the lap top for I don't have TV.

Then went to bed at 1:30 and back up early morning. Got the ham in the oven, potatoes peeled, sweet carrots going and the cabbage.

Now off to get dressed and get everyone moving. I even did the dishes.

I will be wearing my grinch shirt and Pj bottoms today. I'll start the new year off right. LOL

lol lea!! Happy New ywR everyone!!

I trust we wew all bright and busy tailed this bright first day of the new year!!

whatever you did to celebrate i hope you did a bang up job and ushered it in right!,

i didnt hear much in the way of fireworks going off during the later night biut there were a few about 10 or so. go figure huh!!

I was surprised cause npt many had to work today i thought they would be at it for hours after midnight but they were not.

i slept pretty well and could have probably slept more but got up at nine anyway.

otherwise i feel the day is half over lol.

well glad we all aurvived the coming of baby new year and certainly hope this fresh year will be wonderful and healthful for all!! ill be back after while to visit more. and lets not forget our January bday girls.

tampa has a bday this month and howieann and i think tribble too. the list will soon be changing up to reflect a more general list i think or something lol. so copy it now if you want to save it. i will be changing up the name of the thread too to Linda's suggestion of granny Squares Friends with no further reference to comfort ghans nor birthdayss and see if that flies s. birthdays probably wont be listed ut only the names of people that want squares and then maybe we the ptrefs. or will just pm them for prefs. i dont have it all worked out yet but we hav through this mo th to think about it. ok then talk to you all a bit later. sounds as if everyone had a good new years,,,,

had a weird dream last night too. i was in charge of this baby and there was a party going on and i laid the baby down to go get her a bottle and whn i cam back i couldnt find the baby. She wasnt where i left her and no one to ask. spent the rest of the dream teying to find that baby. sheesh!! just had to tell you that ok now ill be back

Katy I know its more work for you but I really prefer having people listed with their square preferences. I just feel much more comfortable looking at the list to see if I have the right yarn,colors and ability to make what they want. I always ask for addresses after I have completed their squares. I use the list constantly to work ahead and get an idea on what colors I might need to buy. And also remember when you were having problems Amy suggested we start a new thread each year and have her lock the old one because the threads with lots of posts are harder to load and more apt to cause us problems.

the firecracker boomers started at 8pm last night,some even shook the house

called sis in law in Germany to wish them a Happy New Year,6 our time midnight over there,didn't reach them at first,but they called us when they came off the balcony from shooting their new year rockets off

ok we'll keep the prefs no trouble at all. after the next week or two i will ask amy about that. but for now will just probably change the name up a bit. i will leave it up to her. i dont think we have nearly as many posts as we did the last thread do you?? i cant remember. thanks for the suggestions too.

Happy New Year my dear friends!!!! :party  The day is almost over, but I couldn't let it pass without finally getting my butt on here to say hello to you wonderful people!  I miss you all so much and I am going to do my best to visit much more often in 2017.  That's a promise!  Stay safe and stay warm.  No time to read up on all that I've been missing, I'm sure there is a ton, lol. Hugs to all. :hug

Archived