Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowbear that is wonderful.

Its another cloudy morning. Seems like its been a week since any sunshine. Temps dropped to a little below freezing but supposed to get up to 60 later on.

Cant believe Jade will soon be a year old. Seems like just yesterday we were worried about her safe arrival.

Carole sorry about the hat. Some projects are just frustrating like that where you have to frog at least 10 stitches for every one you make. That was a good one your dh came up with----kept me smiling all day.

Snowbear great news!!!!

Jade is adorable...

In stitches... funny...

Anyhow, question.... I was going to make ghans for the ladies in memory Care, but the more I think about it, I am wondering if I should just find fleece on sale and make them that way.

I went to visit Mom and they are having a scabies outbreak  on her wing.... I was so angry.... but apparently now all teh women have it and are getting treatment, which when I googled the meds is the same pill as Heartguard for dogs... 5000 amonth just doesn't buy what it use to! However, sil who is a nurse said it is common, soooo... the blankets I make need to be washed in hot water and sanitized if stuff like this happens, and I am not sure the yarn will hold up.... what do you think?  I feel so bad for Mom, here is a woman with her MD in education, a published author.... and she is eating with her fingers cause she forgets how to use a spoon.... sad...

So, what do you think fleece  instead of yarn?

Good call, I'll do a " test run" and wash one in hot to see how it goes... I  just came home sort of flustered... seeing your mom with a spot of scabies on her arm eating scalloped potatoes with her fingers sort of did me in...

Lea

have you read the book or seen the movie,Still Alice,its about a Harvad professor,who got early onset Alzheimers,she just couldn't understand how she couldn't find her way around campus anymore among other things.

it just astonishes me how long they can live with the disease,one aunt in CA. had it for 15 yrs,and one of her sisters only had it 2 yrs,before she was gone.

Lea I just did a search on washing fleece and it looks like they recommend washing it in cold water The label on my RHSS recommends washing in warm water (104°F). Looks like fleece is polyester RHSS is acrylic so they are both basically plastic. You just wouldnt want to get them so hot as to melt them which would be the same with a lot of clothing. I would think any care facility runs into this issue more than one would like to think about and it seems like most are happy to get crocheted lapghans as well as well as fleece ones.

Hi all!

I am up to an early start. I also lose posts when I get long winded on my iPad. The site time outs very quickly.

Lea- I would go with the fleece myself because it holds up better in laundering and those facilities have things spread from person to person often, unfortunately. Things need to be cleaned thoroughly.

Love the photos of Jade and the stash. My stash is getting high but you certainly have me beat.:)

Love the "stitches" joke.:)

Have a nice day.:)

Good Morning.  My Aunt had Alzheimer's, I know how hard it was on my cousin with her Mom. 

I don't think the hot water would do the damage, I think it is the dryer.  They recommend a hot dryer also.

We are cooling down and looking at rain.

Not much going on today.

Hugs all around :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Happy Birthday Howieann

May your day be filled with lots of Sunshine :sun 

May your have a day filled with lots of :manyheart  and :rofl

May you have the best day ever, and

May it continue thorough out the year.

:bday

Does anyone have her number where they can call her? I just thought of it.

I have been fighting a migraine for days.. Need to finish my bun hat for a girl. Then on to picking my colors for the temperature blanket and pattern. Getting a late start but oh well.

good morning, ummmmmmmm afternoon

Happy Birthday HowieAnn

J & R appts.,I'm the get away driver,lol

I'm starting to think it more than not being able to get to the'Ville for Miss Katy,I think she would have e mailed someone by now,wasn't it awhile back that something was going on with her internet and the sil was going to be looking at it,maybe it wasn't totalled resolved.

I have a friend at the Treehouse site,that has been gone for three,months only for Christmas card,did we know her computer was totalled fried and has to wait for funds to replace it,,but for two months we were worried sick

I think if Katy was just having internet problems she would have contacted one of us through snail mail by now. I did a phone number search and it looks like their number is unlisted. It looked like some of the background check sites might have it but you have to pay for those reports. Its amazing whats on line about you anymore. Sandra that was a great idea to send your phone number.

Happy birthday howieann!

Hello everyone.

It's been a busy couple of days but Friday is coming soon and maybe I'll catch up with myself this weekend.

Snowbear, that is good news, I'll keep praying.

Jade is so adorable and so big.

I hope Katie contacts someone soon.

I'm ready to do a little crocheting and relaxing. Have a great night.

Howieann, I hope your day was as bright as the sunshine here!

After I calmed down I called the director this am..... acrylic is fine.... I just need to label them ... not a problem....so lapghans it is!

Stuff tends to wander from room to room around that place... I do know I bought my mom a bunch of new clothes for and thank goodness I labeled them because a near by lady would come in every day and  take something.... but Mom had on someone elses pants.... so I guess it all works out....

I have not watched that movie Linda, but I know my mom was pretty far into low numbers on the " test" before we actually got a grip on it.... she was smart enough to cover it up.... and there were parts  of her brain that still did beautifully... she was playing bridge less then two years ago....driving a car 18 months ago... and now she eats with her fingers.... an EVIL disease

Worked on my CAL ghan and a couple squares while traveling today, Linda, up in your area tomorrow.... wish I had time to meet up... but we are on a time crunch.

Off to feed the animals ( that includes Chris :lol )

Hey all! Quick drop in before I get the kids ready for bed. Still no Katy  :cry  I'm just sitting here right now while the kids run amok.

Happy late birthday Tribble! And Happy birthday Howieanne!

Well, back off I go. Going to start baths for the kids, and hopefully they'll go to bed on time tonight!

:hug s all!

Hey all! Quick drop in before I get the kids ready for bed. Still no Katy  :cry  I'm just sitting here right now while the kids run amok.

Happy late birthday Tribble! And Happy birthday Howieanne!

Well, back off I go. Going to start baths for the kids, and hopefully they'll go to bed on time tonight!

:hug s all!

Happy late Birthday Tribble and Howieann. Sorry it is so late.  :(

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!

Been sick curled up 9n couch since Tuesday. Bah. Had nasty bug now have cold/cough bug...Iclick. everyone passing it about at work, think I'm last one to get it.

You know you don't feel good when you don't even feel like crocheting...

Have a good night all

Holly- I love lasagna ....That does sound good.

I hope you get better soon, Tribble.

Pineknott- I hope you found the book you were looking for.

I am sad that when I sat down a little while ago to work on a project, I am finding that I won't have enough yarn. The dilemma I have is do I-

rip the ear; get a similar color for the ears and finish the head off OR

finish the ears, and use up all I have with the hope that somebody, somewhere, may put it up for sale???

I should have known better to have the right quantity before I had started but really loved this stuff for this project.

Oh well, off to sulk...

Holly- I love lasagna ....That does sound good.

I hope you get better soon, Tribble.

Pineknott- I hope you found the book you were looking for.

I am sad that when I sat down a little while ago to work on a project, I am finding that I won't have enough yarn. The dilemma I have is do I-

rip the ear; get a similar color for the ears and finish the head off OR

finish the ears, and use up all I have with the hope that somebody, somewhere, may put it up for sale???

I should have known better to have the right quantity before I had started but really loved this stuff for this project.

Oh well, off to sulk...

yes,thank you,I did,shakes head,it was on the table and got covered over by other items

Archived