Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Happy New Year!  We were looking forward to our good luck feast today but the pork roast did not thaw in time... some we will feast tomorrow.... We did enjoy a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup... hope this does not set the tone for 2017 LOL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

Ann, it is so good to hear from you.

Jade is adorable and getting so big.

I am back home. I drove home yesterday afternoon and undecorated the house and did some laundry. Today's plans include putting my sewing room back together and starting an Elsa costume for a birthday present for a little friend.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning

rainy day here,enough to say we have Lake Katie

well I'll do today what I put off this weekend,washing,ironing

Its wonderful to see you posting again grannyannie,and lovely pictures of Jade's first New Years

have a wonderful day everyone

quiet around here this am. its a cloudy overcast gloomy dark damp day this am. A nne so happy you checked in its been a whle. i hope 2017 is a lot better dor you and all of

im feeling pretty puny today so far so we' see how it all washes out later on. w e ll all for now ill see you all after while ok. have a good on all!!

Ok first glad to see everyone.   Katie I like the idea of have the color prefs for each who want it and when.  It made it easier for me, that is for sure.  I also like the new name.

Lea, I am glad I am not the only one who messed up dinner last night.  My cabbage did not cook right, so we had ham and some cabbage, but most was to hard still almost raw.  Let it cook longer after dinner, about 6pm it smelled so delicious, I wanted to eat again.

Send some of the rain down here, we can use it.  January started with 80 degrees and is keeping it up.

New Year, New President, it should be fun seeing how it all works out.

I loved the pictures of Jade.  At times she look like what the heck is this thing. :lol

Big hugs to one and all . :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Happy New Years!

Our dinner went very well! Everything and everyone was on time for a change!!

Dinner was wonderful. I made a ham dinner with mashed potatoes, ham gravy(the best on the planet) , cabbage w/ham carrots and potatoes , collards,black eye peas, rolls, sweet carrots and Sparkling grape juice. After everyone left the girls and I cleaned up some , put food away and went Pokemon Go gaming it. Needed to get some balls and catch the The Pokemon of the day to keep up with the streak and need to finish it off today. Yep I'm into it as well as the whole family. Something we all do together.

Ann glad you checked in. I hope you get to spend more time with us

Jade is so cute.

Its cloudy and drizzling today. We had our holiday food on Sat. I spent yesterday on a scavenger hunt---first one store then another. We pretty much found everything I was looking for. Then we stopped for supper at a Chinese restaurant.

I already started the year off behind as I hadn't filled out the new calendars yet with birthdays, dh's days off from work,his training days with the fire dept, his USGA meetings and activities, our bonsai schedule and bee meeting dates. I spent this morning doing that.

Happy New Year everyone.  After staying up late last night watching the melt down of Mariah Carey's meltdown, I was still up at 7.

Here is hoping we all have a better New Year without the sickness and crazy weather.

I am getting ready to make the coffee and get out of my warm Grumpy pj's.  They are pj's with Grumpy all over them.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Awww! I love gumpy. I need some pjs with grumpy on them. Goodness I just need new pjs, mine have about had it...

tampa has a bday this month and howieann and i think tribble too. the list will soon be changing up to reflect a more general list i think or something lol. so copy it now if you want to save it. i will be changing up the name of the thread too to Linda's suggestion of granny Squares Friends with no further reference to comfort ghans nor birthdayss and see if that flies s. birthdays probably wont be listed ut only the names of people that want squares and then maybe we the ptrefs. or will just pm them for prefs. i dont have it all worked out yet but we hav through this mo th to think about it. ok then talk to you all a bit later. sounds as if everyone had a good new years,,,,

Yep, mine is the 17th. I can't believe I will be 38... :2eek

Miss Jade's First New Years party :)

My son was at his dad's, and the other two girls were to busy to have their picture taken lol

Oh my goodness... She looks so cute and having such fun!

Happy New Years!

Our dinner went very well! Everything and everyone was on time for a change!!

Dinner was wonderful. I made a ham dinner with mashed potatoes, ham gravy(the best on the planet) , cabbage w/ham carrots and potatoes , collards,black eye peas, rolls, sweet carrots and Sparkling grape juice. After everyone left the girls and I cleaned up some , put food away and went Pokemon Go gaming it. Needed to get some balls and catch the The Pokemon of the day to keep up with the streak and need to finish it off today. Yep I'm into it as well as the whole family. Something we all do together.

I tried a bit of the pokemon go with Little Tribble but we really didn't get into it much. Havn't played it for about 4 months now.

We didn't have any special dinner for the new year. But our Beanie Weenies turned out pretty good! Had them for supper the next night as well.

Working overtime this week so won't be getting a whole lot done. Got some of my yarn moved into the nifty plastic drawers Mr Tribble got me for Christmas. I LOVE it. I have my scissors and hooks in one of the small drawers and going to put my printed patterns in the top drawer. I need a couple more of these drawer things. I have a cabinet that could use them. LOL. Full of odds and ends glue and crafty things...

This weekends agenda. If it doesn't freeze, clean out dog pen. Fix Little Tribble a case to store his toy swords and guns in, Take down Christmas decorations. I am sure there is a LOT more as well but this will get us started. LOL

Have a good day all - I'm going to go home and go to bed.

Good Morning everyone

another dreary rainy day,it needs to clear up,I have errands to do,and one place I need to go,the road is subject to flooding.

Got the calendar up yesterday evening,so far its a lite month appt. wise,just 4,none of them mine,I don't see anyone till March

have a good day everyone

Good Morning.

Linda, be careful out there/

Daphne, it sounds like you have a busy week.

Owlvamp, your dinner sounds yummy, glad to hear everyone enjoyed it.

Mary Jo, sorry to hear your dinner plans didn't go as well as you would have liked. By the time I drove home from my daughter's house and undecorated the house I was too tired to cook so my new year's day dinner was a bowl of cereal.

Brenda, I haven't filled in the calendar yet either but I have a month by month list of birthdays and anniversaries that hangs behind the calendar so I can glance at it if I need to.

I woke up to a beautiful little smiling face today. I spent the night at my youngest daughter's house so she wouldn't have to take the baby to daycare today. We'll be going to my house when she wakes up from her morning nap. We need to stop at the grocery store on the way to get supplies to make tuna casserole for dinner. I'm working on putting together squares for afghans for a local nursing home so I might work on those today too.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cshort... you know I love tuna casserole.... grew up on the stuff... however, dh HATES it.... when we were first married if he really made me mad about something... I would cheerfully serve him tuna casserole for dinner :lol :lol :lol

Sandra, so glad  things went well.... out of my 4 sons and 3 dils, all but 2 play pokemon go....I barely know how to text much less catch a pokemom... :lol :lol

Did a couple hats today while we were traveling around.I was going to take the tree down but decided I would wait til Three Kings day, we use to do that with the boys they always had one small present left  for that day.

... we had leftover pork and kraut today... dh finished up the collards and I had the peas... why I cooked such a huge pork roast for the two of us is beyond me! However, after eating two meals , freezing some... I was very thankful we have a German Shepherd... he LOVES sauerkraut and pork....!! :lol

Good Morning

A fit of coughing has me up, man, my throat hurts

there is snow in the forecast for Friday,and darned if there isn't an appt.where we have to go over a bridge,they are going to see a slow pokey woman going over it,they can whiz by if they like,I don't care.

Enjoy the day

Good Morning.

Lea, that is too funny about your husband and the tuna casserole.

Linda, I hope you feel better soon.

I was planning to go to walmart this morning but its raining so I might wait until tomorrow, there is nothing urgent on my shopping list. I think I will spend today crocheting or sewing or a little of both.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning everyone.  Got up late this morning and the sun is finally out.

We got some rain last night and a little this morning.  I can finally turn off my lawn sprinklers.  Yeah!!! :clap 

Trying to get everything set up with the medical insurance and prescription people.  This can drive you crazy.  New Insurance, cause our Dr.'s left the other insurance, which means new prescription people.  Good thing DH is doing all this.  I would be bald by now.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.

Have a great day everyone and big hugs to all :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Miss Jade's First New Years party :)

My son was at his dad's, and the other two girls were to busy to have their picture taken lol

Oh, she is sooooo beautiful!!!!

Ann glad you checked in. I hope you get to spend more time with us

I plan to do my best to visit much more often this year!

Oh boy, you guys are worrying about your birthdays and you're all a bunch of young'uns!  I'm going to turn 60 in March!  Yikes, were did the years go?

Oh, did I tell you?  I  got to visit my best friend just before Christmas and she had a huge stash of yarn and books from a wonderful lady that she used to care for.  Since she doesn't crochet/knit she gave it all to me!  Wow!  I've been having a blast going thru it all. :manyheart   

Toddles for now.  I'll be back again soon.  That's a promise!   :hug

Linda, feel better.... we will either get rain or 10 inches of snow... hope you are spared up there

MJ, we have new insurance this year too, I am like you... I casually moved that over to chris's  list of to dos

Ann, I turn 59 this year.... right behind you.... My New Years resolution this year is to let my hair go natural....bold move on my part....but it has gotten to the point where I have to color every 2 weeks... so...

I'm going for it!!

Well Lea I turned 60 last June but so far the stray gray hairs just blend in with my dark dishwater blonde or lightish brown hair.

Its going to start snowing here soon but its not supposed to be any more than a couple of inches. Its going to be really cold again but warm up next week.

Everyone, I didn't have time to ask you ahead of time. But my husband had surgery on back of his neck yesterday. They DRS had to remove some his bones in his neck. They were bruised. And causing him to be dizzy and have swelling around his spine.  We are at home. And Thank the Lord. He made it through his surgery. With no problems. He needs your prayers. He will have to get a lot of rest.  He is not eating nothing right,now. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be eating some soup or broth. Clear liquids. He is drinking plenty of water. It is so hard on him. He isn't resting to good. Every little noise he hears wake him. And we have a noisy neighborhood.  So, please pray for him to get rest and get well. I would appreciate very much. Thank you all.

Snowbear :hug  :ghug  :hug .

Lea, John wants to know if Chris got his boots caught in the cement? :rofl 

Ok you guys are young, I will be 67 this year.  Do not know how much of the hair is grey, as I color it before I can find out.

The tote has been delivered and I can now relax and work on an afghan I am making.

We are suppose to be quite cool this weekend.  Still need rain.

Well getting ready to shut down for the night.

So Good Night all and have a great evening.  Hope everyone starts feeling better real soon. :hug 

Long time no see, everyone! ^_^ Don't have much time to sit and type anymore, and so reading falls behind as well.... Gosh it's good to see everybody's posts though; doesn't even feel like I've been away that long seeing them....

I wanted to jump on and say belated happy holidays and happy new year, and to give a big thank you to Brenda for the lovely ornament! I was truly touched that you thought of me; thank you so much.  :hug We had a huge tree this year (seriously, eight feet wide - I measured - it was great! The dog couldn't fit behind it to chase the cat!  :lol ) and the star fit in with the rest of the ornaments just beautifully. Sorry it took so long to get on and say thank you; I kept thinking of it but only when I was away from my computer!

Hope everybody had the best holiday possible. We had to leave Santa a note that his cookies and milk were in the microwave to keep them safe from the pets, and Little Viking instructed me to add a post script that he wanted a trampoline for Christmas, and Santa came through! Family over for dinner and at the end of the day it was declared "the best Christmas ever!"

(We play PokeGo too, owl - we've been loving all the extra starter spawns for New Year's! We don't usually get a whole lot that's interesting in our area.)

Archived