Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning all.  Just sitting down, after getting all but my Nativities put away.  One more box to bring in, then I am done.  The tree stays decorated till February, then it gets hearts and such for Valentine's Day.  (groan here)  I am getting to old here.

Well, I got to watch 4 great pro games over the weekend and all my teams won.

Still cold here, but suppose to go up to 60 and 55 by time of the game.  I don't watch college, just pro, but that is all they can talk about on the news.

Last night was a roast of beef with pot roasted potatoes.  Can never seem to make enough of those potatoes.

Well I am getting yelled at from the man in the back room (Tampa Guy) he is hungry, so I have to go.

I do hope we hear from Katie soon.  There is a super bug going around.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all. Quick stop in before I finish getting in gear for the day.

Hope you all have a good one!  :ghug 

Christmas is put away!!!!! :clap   Now to set up January.

Breakfast is made, eaten and cleaned up.  I can now go to my corner and do some crocheting.

Hope all are feeling a little better.  Big hugs to all :hug  :ghug  :hug 

good morning

feeling a little better,as soon as I'm upright,it starts draining,not as bad as two days ago,feels like a heat wave here,lol its almost 30.

they rescheduled their appts for next week,everything else is shut down,but Drs. offices are up and running,the side streets are really dicey,Bill parked at the homes parking lots instead of in the street,took him 40 mins to get there yesterday,usually takes 10 minutes

enjoy the day

still no Katy??

Its 31 so far here and heading up into the 40's and its only supposed to drop to 37 tonight---so much better than the below 0 stuff.

Linda glad the appointments were rescheduled. I know you have problems getting your son in law loaded and unloaded in good weather and doing it with snow and ice would be impossible and very dangerous. Hope you get a lot of melting today.

Lea have you all ventured out or are you going to hole up until it melts? Its not worth venturing out unless you have to.

Its 31 so far here and heading up into the 40's and its only supposed to drop to 37 tonight---so much better than the below 0 stuff.

Linda glad the appointments were rescheduled. I know you have problems getting your son in law loaded and unloaded in good weather and doing it with snow and ice would be impossible and very dangerous. Hope you get a lot of melting today.

Lea have you all ventured out or are you going to hole up until it melts? Its not worth venturing out unless you have to.

you are right about that Brenda,I wasn't even thinking about how hard it is to get him in and out of the car,was mostly thinking of the roads and how icy they are.I did mention he been getting these jelly legs,the other day when we were out prior to the snow,he kept collapsing his legs,Rene' said something to him and he looked at her and said why didn't you say that,so who knows what was going on in his mind when she was asking him to stand,I think the second time she said it was like,stand up and turn so you can get in the wheel chair,its resheduled for the 19th of this month

Hey all, just dropped in to see if Katy had been on, but I guess not. I got excited when I got a few notifications on my phone, thru email naturally, that there had been a few replies on the thread since I got on this morning  :(  I really hope she's OK...

Well, back off I go. Still washing bedding, but I think I only have 1 load of that left, thanks to not being able to sleep last night, and then 1 more load of clothes since I found some more that needs washed while I was cleaning earlier. Such is the way of kids I guess...wash 30 loads, and then find 10 more when you pick up rooms and start washing their bedding  :lol 

Well, may see you all this evening before I (hopefully) have a chance to sit down and yarn later. I think I'm on my last color combo before I bind it off the loom and start my crochet edging on it hehehe I'll post a pic after I get it off the thing...tho I may need to look up how to do that. Don't remember seeing it in the instructions when I bought it...youtube, here I come  :lol 

Big  :hug s! Hope you all are staying warm!

Hello.

Oh I'm tired after the first day back to school. We still had cold temps this morning which made it even harder to get up and out. Then I got to school a little after 6 to do before school care at 6:30 and there was no electricity, not even the emergency lights that run on the generator. So we spent an hour sitting in the dark until the power company got the lights back on. I also had a new student today which is always fun because they usually are use to doing their own thing and don't want to follow the routine but we will fix that. Then I had a dental cleaning and I have a sewing guild meeting tonight. So right now I am sitting on the sofa relaxing for a little bit.

I really with Katie would check in.

I hope all of you are staying safe and warm.

Hi ya'll, It is cold out. :wbrr  We got snow. :flake  It has been only  7 degrees over here. During the day. Finally today it got up to 25. And tonight it is going to down to just 20.  It snow from Thurs. to Sat. Now today it started to melt. Not much.  How is everyone doing. Me, I have finally got some rest. And Hubby is doing a little better.  He Must be. He is watching Wheel of Fortune. One of his favorite shows.  So, I know he is. Thank the Lord. This Wed. He get the staples out. Then he will be on the road to a full recovery. Thanks everyone for praying for him. I am thankful for you all.  :ty  :ghug  Happy crocheting   :yarn  :chook  Take care.

Hello all!

Cshort, wow have you been busy today!

Snowbear, glad to hear your hubby is doing better! 

It's been pretty cold here too, well, for St. Louis anyway. My favorite saying around here is, "Don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change!" And more often than not, it's true. We hit somewhere I think close to 40 or 50 today...for maybe an hour...MAYBE :rofl then it went right back to freezing! Needless to say, I'm still staying inside unless I have to go out for any reason that's worth it. And then, I'm trying to condense all my running into 1 trip. If I forget something, oh well, it can wait until I have to go back out because it apparently was not that important to begin with.

Well, I'm off ladies, I have to take out the trash and throw my VERY LAST LOAD of laundry into the dryer...Well, last load for a couple days anyway. Unless I decide to clean the laundry room for Mom, then that'll be another 10 or 15 loads of laundry. All dusty and covered in dryer lint. Or, in some cases, the stuff has been hanging there for forever, so it needs a good washing  :lol  Yeah, my OCD is deffinetly in over drive right now!

Anywho, I'll stop rambling now! Stay warm, good night, and  :ghug   :hug s for all!

Good news Snowbear....!

Yes Brenda, I THINK I am staying put...went out in the yard yesterday and walked down by the creek and I thought to myself" Chris is not home, I didn't bring my cell phone and I am out in the woods over the creek bank in 20 degree weather and 9 inches of snow on the ground... what the heck am I doing out here?" 

I promptly went back in the house and crocheted a bit!

Well we can get back to normal now.  The football game is over and all those football fans can go home.  One less group on the road.

Still cool, but warming up.  It will, suppose to, get up to the low 70's today.  We shall see.

All the Christmas decorations are down and I just put the January table together.  Boy it looks so empty.

How is everyone feeling today?  Off to see what the world has to offer, and to make some granny squares.

Have a fun day.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Lea good call. I have taken some tumbles here and was thankful I could get back up and to the house. It would have been 12 to 15 hours before anyone would know to look for me and I generally dont throw on the warm winter gear when my intentions are to run out and then right back in.

Mary Jo it sort of depresses me to put my Christmas stuff away. The house is so dark without it. I have a large lighted wire pumpkin that comes out in the fall that really lights up the room and I have lots of lights on the Christmas tree. Well they have put in new sod at Arrowhead. They may be playing in freezing rain. Those words keep coming up in the forecast for Fri thru Mon. I really like electricity. Our last big ice storm in 2001 we were without it for one week.

Today its more like March weather. Its going to get to almost 60 but the wind is horrible.

Looking forward to a good game Sunday.  I should root for the Steelers, but I still want to see Andy and the Chiefs win, along with the Packers.

Tribble, do you want your squares all one color? or can they be mixed up?  You know like black and white or blue and white?  I thought I would ask before I start.

See Brenda, our house is now brighter that I took things off the windows in the breakfast nook.  We get the sun all day there and it can be bright.  It does looks stark and empty now that things are away.

Off to check on my ribs for dinner.

Have fun everyone.

Afternoon all! It is so pretty, but windy out right now, almost 70!!! But all the mud, uck...Apparently it rained earlier and I didn't know it.

So, I realized earlier that I started my spring cleaning early this year...yesterday, I went thru the kids' clothes and bagged up the stuff they outgrew, then cleaned off one of my crafting shelves, the one with all my storage bin things of ribbon and glitter and whatnots. That took a total of 6 or 7 hours. That was mostly the kids clothes that took so long tho. Today, I cleaned up the books. DD has a habit of mixing mine and the kids' books together, so that was fun...I taped the door shut on the cabinet with my books in it. Maybe that'll deter her? Then I started going thru mine and Hubby's clothes to get rid of some of them. I need to finish that, but I needed a break  :lol  Plus, homework for DS needs done, so it's the best excuse to stop for a few and sit!

Well, I think I'm gonna get off here for a while. After he finishes his homework and reading, I'm going to get back to going thru clothes. It's almost done!!!

Hope all are well!  :hug s all!

How were the ribs MJ?

Brenda, I am like you, no telling how I am dressed when I go out ..

Katie... I cleaned the top of my fridge  today... does that count?

Tribble,  I joined this group as an angel but I have some time this month to make some squares if you PM me your addy and tell me the size and colors... glad to do it!

We have 10 post offices  to do tomorrow so I am off to pack my crochet bag for the trip...

Looking forward to a good game Sunday.  I should root for the Steelers, but I still want to the Andy and the Chiefs win, along with the Packers.

Tribble, do you want your squares all one color? or can they be mixed up?  You know like black and white or blue and white?  I thought I would ask before I start.

See Brenda, our house is now brighter that I took things off the windows in the breakfast nook.  We get the sun all day there and it can be bright.  It does looks stark and empty now that things are away.

Off to check on my ribs for dinner.

Have fun everyone.

Mary Jo, I don't care what colors/color combinations. I have decided to do a "fun" afghan so as long as the square is acrylic yarn I don't care what color, or stitch, or brand, you make the square. I want to have all kinds of fun colors and combinations once it's done! :):yay

How were the ribs MJ?

Brenda, I am like you, no telling how I am dressed when I go out ..

Katie... I cleaned the top of my fridge  today... does that count?

Tribble,  I joined this group as an angel but I have some time this month to make some squares if you PM me your addy and tell me the size and colors... glad to do it!

We have 10 post offices  to do tomorrow so I am off to pack my crochet bag for the trip...

minwifeof4boys, any size, any color, any acrylic brand, any stich. I am making a "fun" afghan!! :cheer

Also, don't feel as if you need to send me any, I will love them all but feel bad as I never seem to have the yarn that everyone on here is wanting squares of! :( I just enjoy being here and chatting... :hug  :ghug  :manyheart

has anyone heard from katy yet? Very worried about her!!

Little Tribble had to have a tooth filled at the dentist yesterday and we didn't get home till after 8pm. So since I had to work tonight, the Christmas decorations are still up! I thought we'd be home way sooner.. so again didn't manage my time very well. We had Chinese for supper and then leftovers of it for supper today. Don't know what to have for supper tomorrow... Mr Tribble's been having some stomach problems and we can't seem to narrow down what is causing it.

Have a great night all...

Good Morning. 

The ribs were great Lea and I added corn bread to the meal also.

Tribble.  I love making squares.  I don't make many, I also love giving Birthday gifts.

Still chilly here.  Off to conquer the craft room.  Got some of the boxes out.  Now on to the desk. 

Have fun today and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Hello all!

Cshort, wow have you been busy today!

Snowbear, glad to hear your hubby is doing better! 

It's been pretty cold here too, well, for St. Louis anyway. My favorite saying around here is, "Don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change!" And more often than not, it's true. We hit somewhere I think close to 40 or 50 today...for maybe an hour...MAYBE :rofl then it went right back to freezing! Needless to say, I'm still staying inside unless I have to go out for any reason that's worth it. And then, I'm trying to condense all my running into 1 trip. If I forget something, oh well, it can wait until I have to go back out because it apparently was not that important to begin with.

Well, I'm off ladies, I have to take out the trash and throw my VERY LAST LOAD of laundry into the dryer...Well, last load for a couple days anyway. Unless I decide to clean the laundry room for Mom, then that'll be another 10 or 15 loads of laundry. All dusty and covered in dryer lint. Or, in some cases, the stuff has been hanging there for forever, so it needs a good washing  :lol  Yeah, my OCD is deffinetly in over drive right now!

Anywho, I'll stop rambling now! Stay warm, good night, and  :ghug   :hug s for all!

KatieBug ~ you sound like us, over here on the west side of Missouri!  We try to make one trip for all our needs, especially when they're calling for winter weather watches.  Can't believe this winter, tho ~ 50* , but the wind is gusting really hard which brings the temps down about 20* . . . brrr!  Our kitties around here stay inside the barn, too, since they don't like the wind blowing so much.  It kinda freaks them out ~ LoL

Just finished bed-linens and changing sheets . . . still puttin' on the flannels, too!  Today is actually 70* , tho!??  But tomorrow's suppose to drop to 39* with chances of snow for the next 3 days??  :think  No wonder there are so many folks down sick now.

Hope your "hump day" (Wednesday middle of the week) is doing good.

Guess what I got in the mail this morning? Some beautiful granny squares from BGS-Brenda!  :hug   I just love the post stitch you used, Brenda!  Love the penguin card, too, and the pretty, sparkly star!  It will brighten up my window on these cold, dreary days.  Thank you so much!

post-32836-0-13194000-1484172408_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I missed you all yesterday but my grandbaby kept me very busy after work.

Snowbear, I'm glad your hubby is better.

I took a ride to  Hobby Lobby today to get yarn for an afghan that my daughter wants and plan to start working on it tonight.

Stay warm and have a good night.

Arlene that's great news about dh.

Tribble we love having you here with us and sending out squares was never and is not required to receive squares. This cal was actually started because we had soooo many people signed up on the wishlist requesting squares for friendshipghans. Having people request them here was infinitely easier than going through all those pages on the wishlists. And no still no word from Katy.

Carole I ran out to get the mail and its warm out---no jacket necessary and really no chill at all from the wind but its going to start dropping.

I guess Lea is still on the road as it sounded like they had lots of ground to cover today.

Hope all is well with Linda as she is usually here bright and early.

Archived