2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearance yarn strikes again!

WTD -120

Out of curiosity how do you decide what to buy? My problem is that unless I have a specific project in mind, I can never decide what colors to buy or how much of one kind and color I might need for a future project. I don't live close to any stores that sell yarn except Wal-Mart, so I can never decide if different colors really go together or not.

WTD Scores for the week ending 10/25/14:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +12

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +6

Shannart +5

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Bailey4 +2

tnkycrochetnut 0

crabby rat 0

randib82 -1

Ellie 13 -2

greyhoundgrandma -4

Master bargain finder &

Shoot the Moon Winner: Braxxi -120

YTD Scores for October:

Gold Medal Winner: Shannert +938

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +134

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +102

crabby rat +31

tnkycrochetnut +2

greyhoundgrandma -13

randib82 -70

BigPinkPolkaDot -72

Bailey4 -137

PBLKNP -142

October Shoot the Moon Winner: Braxxi -416

Just to give you all a heads up -- one of the ladies at my prayer shawl group brought in a BOX of yarn she couldn't use and I was the lucky recipient.  How could I refuse free yarn?  :bow      There were 17 skeins and 29 balls.  That's a - 63!  :2eek

So, if you get paid this week because it's the end of the month, or you just have some mad yarn money stashed away somewhere, you have my permission to pamper yourselves a little bit and acquire some new fiber friends.  :sheepjump

I'm fueling up the rocket now and checking all of the launching gear because I know on Sunday, I'm camping ON THE MOON!  :fire

I have a very bad habit of buying clearance yarn...all of it! This last was 50+ balls of that lacy scarf type yarn that has a fluffy soft edge on it. I was looking at it and decided I can make a blanket with it by leaving the lacy part all together instead of stretching it out and using a large hook - P maybe. Once I got that idea in my head, then I bought all they had of the one color so I knew I wouldn't run out. You can always add more! Anyway, the skeins were on clearance for $0.97 each! I surprised myself by not buying all the red they had too, but red isn't my color.

I think I messed up my score last week. Oh well, wouldn't have changed the winners (0 not - 2). I finished the teddy bears, made some more pumpkin pins and started another bear. I used a ball and rolled a skein down (+3). I hope to get back to my c2c baby afghan tomorrow. They're saying :2rain today and :2rain , possibly mixed with   :2snow tomorrow. I'll just stay in  :crocheting and watch the shows I recorded during the week.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 137

Ellie 13

I would to give an update on my right leg before posting my score.  This past Wednesday at the wound care center the doctor felt my leg was healing up very nicely.  So much so that now instead of having home health care twice a week and a visit to the wound care center once a week to change the wrapping on the leg, I will have home health care one day a week (either Monday or Tuesday) and one visit (Friday) a week to the wound care center.  The doctor is hoping by the end of the month to eliminate the home health care visit and just go to the wound care center once a week.

Now my score for the week ending 11/1/2014:

WTD: 0

Thanks for the update, Kathy!  That's great news!!  :yay

My score for this week is a GREAT BIG HUGE nuthin'.  :rofl

I did finally sit down last night and use my hook and yarn for a while, and it was such fun!  I didn't use up enough :yarn to count, though... at least not yet.  I plan to go play some more tonight.  :wink

So, for week ending November 1st, 2014 (NOVEMBER?!?!  When did that happen???  :lol ) my score is...

WTD 0 

For some reason I can no longer copy the list from Word and paste it here. Anyone else have this problem?

Braxxi +14 ~~ GOLD MEDAL!

pliefeld +12 ~~ SILVER MEDAL!

Bailey4 +4 ~~ BRONZE MEDAL!

Ellie13 +3

crabby rat +0

PBLKNP +0

pineknott +0

tnkycrochet nut +0

randib82 -10

SamT87 -29

BigPinkPolkaDot -68 ~~ CAMPING ON THE MOON!!

I finished the last bear and got back to my c2c baby afghan :cheer . Finished a skein (+2). The c2c is about 3/4 done, I should finish it in a couple of days. I have enough :yarn to finish it, but I might not have enough to border it.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 139

Ellie 13

Archived