>>> PBLKNP   

>>> howieann   

>>> VikingRunnerGirl 

>>> pineknott 

NEW YARN TO PLAY IN

>>> pliefeld -8  :yarn 

HEADING TO THE MOON

>>> Addicted2patterns with a score of -10  :earth 

Wasn't quick enough this morning. Been sick for the last 3 days and my kids actually let me sleep in. Oh well. I'll try to be on time next week!

Wasn't quick enough this morning. Been sick for the last 3 days and my kids actually let me sleep in. Oh well. I'll try to be on time next week!

That was nice of your kids to let you sleep in!!  I hope you're feeling better, and if you want I can edit and put your score in - or you can combine it for next week.  Either way is fine with me... 

I feel like I did a lot of crocheting this week (although none since Wednesday) and yet I haven't used up enough to say so yet... LOL

WTD 0

I used 3 balls of yarn finishing up 3 hats which are Christmas gifts for a homeless shelter.

I gave 8 skeins of yarn to a friend who has re-ignited her crochet muscles (she hasn't crocheted in years)....I selected colors from my still quite enormous stash to meet her stated needs.

I found in the stash and gave away 9 skeins of craft & rug yarn which is really rough feeling.  It went to thrift store as I don't know anyone who actually uses this right now.

WTD: +37 YTD: +1006.

How cool is that?   ;)

There is no way I could have de-stashed that much if it wasn't for losing my job and not having the space to move all the yarn I have.  That move really de-railed me and changed my thinking.  In some cases, including some of that yarn, the items I moved have been thru 4 moves with me in the past 15 years and never been used.

Not only have I been busting the yarn stash, but I have been decluttering many other areas of my life this year.  I completely gave away my beading and my cross-stitch supplies since my eyes are not longer good enough to do the detail work in both.  I have shrunk my wardrobe by half and my personal library by at least a third....

Keeping, Storing, and moving so much stuff (some of which never left the box  in 1, 2 or 3 moves) just no longer make sense to me.  And since removing so much of the stuff I don't want to use or never get around to using, it is so much easier to find the book, clothes, or skein of yarn that i am really wanting to use. :yay

Happy Stashbusting  :manyheart  :ghug  :manyheart

sorry it is so late. I fell asleep. :0)

GOLD MEDAL: SHANNART with a score of +37!

SILVER MEDAL: GREYHOUNDGRANDMA with a score of +15!  

BRONZE MEDAL: Baily4 with a score of +7! 

BUSTING AWAY...

SamT87 +4

randib82 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

HOLDING STEADY... 

crabby rat

HEADING TO THE MOON and looks like we have a tie!

Addicted2patterns -14

VikingRunnerGirl -14

if i missed anyone let me know and i will fix it.

Archived