2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in N.H. for my niece's wedding. I did alot of :crocheting on the ride up. I finished the last outfit for the bears and 1 bear (not stuffed, I didn't bring stuffing :( ). I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3). I'll post now because I might not get here again for a while. We're going mini golfing (if it's open) this morning. The wedding is this evening, outside where there's a view of the sunset. It  says it might be cloudy, I hope not. I got to go now, I used up my 15 mins. on the hotel computer and somebody's waiting.

WTD: + 3 YTD: +134

Ellie 13

Congratulations CLLinda, :yay   That is a wonderful to know its been 2 years since your cancer diagnosis. :yes   You should go out and do something you enjoy to celebrate.  Say, maybe go yarn shopping. :rofl

My leg is doing better.  I have had two visits to the wound care center.  I go there on Wednesday for the doctor to look at my leg and to get it wrapped and a home health care nurse comes to my home on Mondays and Fridays to change the wrapping on my leg.  Its healing much faster than it did the last time.  It took it from summer of 2013 to spring 2014 to heal the last time.

My score for week ending 10/11/14 is:

WTD: 0

I used up a ball on a shawl.  I started making a baby blanket, and squares for another shawl, and worked four skeins into balls.  Then I rolled six other knotted and tangled partial skeins into balls as I was stash diving to try to find matching colors. 

For week ending Oct. 11, 2014:

WTD:  +11  /  YTD:  -76

I'm back home now. We didn't get to mini golf, but we checked out where my niece was getting married then went the telephone museum in Warner N.H. The sunset wedding was beautiful, a little chilly, but the sunset over the hills with the fall colors was spectacular. This morning we went to the annual Warner Fall Foliage Festival. There were lots crafts by local artists, mostly jewelry, wood work, pottery, but I found  3    :crocheting and only 1 :knit. Got a really nice hat and many new ideas. On the way home I :crocheting, but didn't use any more :yarn. By tomorrow I should have 2 bears done and maybe points for next week.

WTD:  + 3   YTD:  +134

Ellie 13

So last week i had nothing to update. but this week i have managed to purchase 19 skeins of yarn. stupid sales. but I am making a lot of of things, mostly for silent autions at work and toast for tails (concern for animals), but some just because. I hope I don't shoot the moon this week lol.

2014 Stashbusting: wtd: -38 ytd: -75 10/11/14

Archived