2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

OMG! I am soooo sorry I forgot to do scores last weekend. I know there's no excuse but I was sicker than heck with strep last Thur-Friday. I forced myself to go to our last farmer's market Saturday and spent the rest of Sat sleeping because of it. Still have strep - by the way. YUCK!

Strep is double yuck! I've had it a couple of times and it felt like razor blades in the throat when I swallowed! Hope you're over it soon.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked a skein down to a ball on a shawl and finished that one -- just have to put the label in.  Started a new shawl, but I still have another one almost done.  Maybe I can get points for finishing that this week.         :think

For week ending Oct. 4, 2014:

WTD:  +1  /  YTD:  -87

I did some crocheting this week but not much.  Last Friday, September 26th was my regular visit to my family doctor and my usual blood work.  The sores on my right leg are open again.  Plus there are a couple more open sores that I have been nursing myself for a couple of months.  Doctor ordered home health care for me.  Nurse came on Monday and she recommended that I go to wound care center.  Was able to get appointment for this past Wednesday and then home health care nurse on Friday again.  Each time my leg has been wrapped.  Family doctor found some hinky things with my blood work so I go back to him in 6 weeks.  Not sure how long I will be going to wound care and having home health care.

WTD: 0

Well, I did manage to use up enough not to go backwards!  3 balls, to be exact!  So I cancelled out the two I received, and went ahead by one!  Woo!  

WTD +1

I didn't get 4 bears done by Thurs. :(, only 1 . I made a lot of bear parts though (ears, noses, etc.) and 3 outfits. Every time I get a bear done someone else wants one, so I still need 4 :sigh . I'm not taking any more orders :2nono . I hope to have 1 done by Wed. I'm going to my nieces wedding on the 10th. It's an all day drive, so we're leaving the 9th and coming back the 11th. I'll have lots of :crocheting time. After I get the bears done I'm going to finish the c2c baby afghan. I used up 3 balls (+3).

WTD: + 3  YTD: +131

Ellie 13

Well, I confess, there's been a SHAMEFUL stash-busting setback...we are going to have a new baby in the family, so I'm making a crocheted log cabin blanket for the mother-to-be.  I went out to Michaels and Joanns and got in a ton of Vanna's Choice yarn, so my totals this week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -28 YTD -154

:D

Braxxi, Linda and tnkycrochetnut, you guys take care!  I'll keep all of you on my prayer list.  Hugs and rest all around!  :manyheart:hug

Here too...prayers and hugs for all that yuck!

PBLKNP-----sounds like an wondrous and fun excuse to me  :D

I used up one skein and one ball this week for a total of +3

Gold Medal Winner:   pineknott 8

Silver Medal Winner:  Shining_Star 7

Bronze Medal Winner: Bailey4  3

Ellie 13 3

Shannart 3

Using Up Yarn:

CLLinda 2

greyhoundgrandma 2

BigPinkPolkaDot 1

crabby rat 1

Holding Steady:

tnkycrochetnut 0 

ladychris2010 0

Found some new yarn for the stash:

randib82 -8

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -28

I used up a ball....+1.

I rolled a skein into a ball....+2 for the week. Hope to finish off the ball today.

I just ordered 4 skeins that I need for a project from Joann. I managed to get checked out before I could talk myself into ordering enough to get free shipping.

I rolled a skein into a ball....+2 for the week. Hope to finish off the ball today.

I finished off the ball and another skein...+5 now. It's not as much crocheting as it sounds like--the skeins were mostly used already. The 5 points made 6 spiral scrubbies with a little extra yarn to finish off two of them.

Archived